Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #38

Gee Blanche...i cant believe you only have 3 weeks to go....2nd time round flies hey!!!

i know the start of this pregnancy went quick but now cos i want him out now its taking forever!! i just want him to come on his own really dont want to be induced again.

my mum and cousin threw me a suprise baby shower yesterday (cancelled mine last wkend due to my nannas passing) i got so spoilt and ate heaps!!

OMG Blanche - I can't believe that Jack is nearly here!!!!!!! where has that gone???? How exciting - another little bambino. I'm all clucky now. lol

The painting was good - not as productive as last week - but I think that was because there was a friend here who could talk under water!!! oh well - did get some things finished though. I think from now on I will just get people to come over on other days. I really need this day to myself, to paint, and disappear in it. if that makes sense.

having an intimo party tomorrow - that I really don't want to do now - just not in the mood. Sure it will be ok tho.
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; April 21st, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

im getting pretty nervous now, just wondering how im going to handle 2 under 2! and how Emelia is going to be with her new baby brother

If Emelia is anything like Chelsea you will have fun :P
    She tries to pick up Jasmine, feeds her (bottle plus what ever food she is munching on..crakers, grapes, cheese), takes her nappy off (Jasmines that it...as well as her own), pushes her around the room in the bouncer, takes all her toys.....hmm!

Glad you got spoilt..you deserve it!

Vicky i know what you mean....i want to become invisible for 1 day a week....Craig has demanded every Sarurday i go out alone for a massage, facial, hair cut, coffee etc and he will have the girls. Booking massage for me even. Such a gem!

Yay both girls gone to bed....2-3 hours of peace, me time and lunch!

wow blanche your pregnancy certainly has gone fast!!! just 3 weeks to go! any word yet on the vag delivery or c/s?
    vicky hehe at your talkative friend!!! bet you love your painting days!
    kim too cute about chelsea and yay on the massage!

us well AF seems to have been and gone already, 4 days late and only lasts 2.5 days! barely any cramping either!
    sophie is great! had an extra swimming lesson today, need to make up 3 from when we were away!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Blanche - i'm so glad you got spoilt (surprise bubby shower).

Christy - sorry to hear your dh was hurt, with late night yobbos, i always think of it as a lottery, you just HAPPEN to be in the right place at the right time, only takes one idiot to ruin your special night out. Hope the ****tail was good. (I haven't read the other thread yet).

Vicky - hope you get the opportunity to get lost in your painting next week. what is an intimo party?

Kimbaz - the Saturday MummyTime sounds good.

AJP - my aunt flow has gone all short like that too, so weird compared to my normal.

Dh has been on a public hosp waiting list for five years, for an operation to reconstruct his nose, as he has chronic sleep apnoea - his name has suddenly come to the top of the list, so we're dropping everything for his surgery this Friday i think - it's all happening so fast. Maybe after this he won't wake up once every hour thru the night, and will stop the "stop breathing" thing which is so scary. It's plastic surgery to make the nostrils bigger, so he can breathe. i'm so relieved the waiting is over.

Thanks Gigi! Sorry I haven't gotten back with your email... I keep meaning too when I get to use the computer Matilda's always wanting to play sesame street games on it. I have to use a kitchen timer for her to not spend hours on the computer, but then if I get on it she gets grumpy.

gigi - intimo party is underwear/outwear - bras and knickers, and clothes made from this cool material. in the end, two people came - but we had a lovely time, and the kids all played. good news about the op for your DP.

DH has hurt his shoulder at work, and it looks like he may need an operation. its all cover by work cover, but he is stressed about not being able to do what he usually does, and can't even pick aston up... so I'm doing all the lifting - which is so great for alleviating my pain - not! between the two of us we are a couple of cripples at the moment.

Sorry to hear about ur DH Vicky, when will he find out if he needs an operation?

im just going to copy and paste wat i wrote in my belly buddies thread...
    i just got back from appt and im more confused than ever this doctor i seen today highly recommends i have a c/s but told me if i really want a vag delivery then its totally up to me. she said if i choose to have a vag delivery then there is a chance of shoulder dystocia again and could turn out worse than wat happen to DD. then she goes on to say but if u have a c/s cos im overweight there is a higher risk of me getting clots and infections etc...i have no idea wat to do?! just wish i could see into the future and see if i gave birth vaginally everything would turn out ok and bub would be safe. i really dont want a c/s...i have a big decision to make

sorry about the me post but i cant think straight i just dont know wat to do if i have a vag delivery then i could be putting my baby at risk of lifetime injury or worst case death and if i have a c/s im at risk..i just want my baby to be safe so now im thinking i will just have c/s but then im petrified of that..arghhhhh!

Wow Blanche, I'm sorry there's no black and white decision for you...maybe u need to sit and write it all down. It's easier to treat clots and infection tho...and i'm pretty sure that that is a pretty standard warning they give to anyone undergoing an anaesthetic...
    If it were me..i think i'd go to c/s..i dont know if i would risk the dystocia when the risks from the c/s are slight and treatable..
    i dont know..i only just thought about it in the 3 minutes since reading your post and replying...

blanche

based on what information is the doctor recommending you have a c-section hun? hypothetical - maybes? or fact? what is it in particular that you are afraid of with the c-section? I only ask because I have had three, and as you know the last one was the best.

the only thing I can say to you is research research research! see if you can find any statistical data to support the chances of having two babies with shoulder dystocia. did it happen with emelia because your pelvis is too small? do you know what caused it to happen?

I know I have asked you a lot of questions - whatever decision you make, make it an informed one. dont let medical practitioners "scare" you into doing something that your heart doesnt want to do. knowledge is power darlin.

because I can't help myself I had to go researching for myself, and did find an informative website.i'll msn you the link. xxx

Hope Rich recovers ok Vicky.

Blanche im sorry you have a tough decision to make. I agree with Vicky, research for stats on 2 babies having the same shoulder issue. For me id try for a vag birth, but thats me. The reason i say vag is cos i know how hard it was when Jasmine was born trying to handle Chelsea at the same time and a c/s would have put me *out of action* cps she is so active even at 11 months old....could only imagine if i was to have to choose now. No decision is wrong....and its not easy making a choice. Goodluck. What does Leigh think is the best plan?

Blanche its so hard & confusing. Maybe see if a library around you has some books like :"A Thinking Women's Guide to Better Birth" by Henci Goer. It weighs up pro's and con's of most things.

I found so many different stories so confusing. The OB's were totally for me having a VBAC until I hit 38 weeks. I am sooooo super passionate about birth choices after my first birth with Matilda, which was 20hours of labour resulting in c/s. I guess it was so traumatic for me, I wasn't going to go near having another one.

Having said that, I would research the shoulder dystocia first and see what the stats are. Make your own decision mate, it is your choice

Lots of good points Blanche, I guess if you research as much as you can and are comfortable with your decision then that's all you can do. After all, isnt being a parent all about 'doing the best you can with what you know at the time'? Thats what I live by, anyways
    what the hell am i still doing up?!?!

aww blanche its a tough one, check this out, not sure if its much help!
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/labo...es-nudity.html
    perhaps chat to the girls in labour area.

vicky hope DH arm is ok!

URGH... I think I caught gastro cyberly!!!! LOL no one I know has it, but today... vomitting my guts out. I have to work tonight... man this sucks.

oh no Christy, hope it wasnt me that passed it through cyber space!! hope ur feeling better by tonight..can u call in sick?

i think i have come to a decision to go ahead and have a c/s (still would rather not have one) but i thought about it ALOT and done alot of research(thanks Vicky for the links)! and i just dont think i could live with myself if anything happened to my boy if i was to have a vag delivery. its just the unknown and it sucks but in the end as long as i have a healthy and happy baby i will be happy

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast