Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #39

thats so cute christy!!
    i swear sophie talks french most days!!! really rolls the tongue around!!!

kim we had a great night too after a few hairy ones post breastfeeding! 6.30pm-7.30am!!! pity i woke at 5am when DH got up that s*cks!

we have our check up on monday!!!

gigi - you made my morning hun. you obviously were very very tired!

Christy - chattering up a storm now aren't they? Everyday aston comes out with a new word that I can actually understand. His favourite word at the moment is shooeess. which he calls socks as well I think we put on at least once a day every pair of shoes he owns. funny little man

Ann nothing like those men pushing our boundaries eh? Your DH sounds like he needs a kick up the bum. Its a horrible feeling like a single mum, when in reality your not!Why is it that men think their needs are sooooo more important then everyone elses!

Kim - your so good - I can't remember when I took Aston for a checkup - think it was 12months. I guess when he has his 18mth needles he will get a check up then. One more, and no more are favourites of Aston's too.

taralee- love the belly shot. I have LOTS of stretch marks! I tell my self that they are the marks of carrying my beautiful children - sometimes I can carry that one with pride - other times...not so well

Jols - how you doing this morning? By the end of last night I was so antsy that I was jumping!

I actually fell asleep BEFORE DH last night. Unheard of!

vicky sophie loves her shoes or shooooes too!! and socks, fish cat, bird, dog (ooofooof) quack (cack cack) there are many more but these are the current favourites!!!!

sooo tired this morning vicky!! driving to albury this arvo for an appointment at 9am tomorrow! 3 hr drive each way!

another night of no sleep! what is going on?!?! same as the last 2 nights awake at 1230 then in our bed (since i just cant stand for too long or hold her on accounta my belly) and then she actually did sleep in our bed but tossed and turned a lot.
    As for words she'll say mumma and dadda (with the 'and' in the middle) but when i ask her 'and what about evie?' she gets all coy lol, also says car, go car, nanna, buzz (the cat), cat and then meows and woofs.
    she's also been copying all the wiggles moves and pictures out of books.
    sometimes i can tell shes so desperately trying to tell me something but just cant say the words and she gets so so frustrated which is even worse! nevermind

lol gigi nappycino, so cute
    glad to hear you finally got some sleep, Kim. Why is it that the more sleep u have the tireder (sp?! word?!?!?!) you feel?!?!

Oh man...help!

Chelsea was sick again overnight.....i swear she is starving herself and then she is getting sick. My poor baby. Im so worried now.

I dunno Tara...but it sucks...i think i should go back to having no sleep!!

Off to our checkup....bbl!

Have a good drive Jols

Chelsea:
    10.8kg
    79cm
    46cm head
    Nurse not sure what wrong with Chelsea. Said maybe a virus and a GP visit would be good.

Jasmine:
    8.7kg
    71cm
    43cm head
    Nurse happy even though she isnt rolling or anything. Thinks she will crawl before she rolls or sits etc

Copped it again cos she still on bottles....so really need to stop and provide more calcium foods. To the extent of even offering ice-cream! LOL

apparently icecream is classified as a food kim lol - how about frozen yogurt maybe?

Yeah she suggested frozen yoghurt too....ill give anything a go!

good stats kim!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about banana milkshake/smoothie? or strawberry!

Thanks Jols.

The problem i also have is that Chelsea wont drink anything but water or juice out of a cup (hence why we still have bottles for milk). So i dont know how well id go with a shake in a cup. Perhaps i could try a straw and hold the cup for her?

anythings worth a try! why dont you both have one and drink it together?

Everyone always has good idea!!! Yeh that might work Jols....if she sees me then she might drink it too.

Its like the toothbrush prob i have...wont let me brush..so nurse said buy a brush for her dolls..and then she might brush her own...(role play kinda concept).

Seriously some days i wonder how i get through life and raise kids!

with the teeth brushing i have worked out that if i let her brush mine i can brush hers!! works well for the moment

We had the same with toothbrushing, now she just uses an adult brush like we use, so as long as she has one i dont care. Try that Kim? otherwise, like jols said she brushes her own teeth, then mine.
    We were out the other day and i bought a banana flavoured milkshake and evie drank the whole thing, i'm sure if you added something to the milk and made it a bit more exciting she'd try it.
    you might even just have to go cold turkey on the bottles and if that means she doesnt drink milk for a couple of days then thats ok, she might eventually drink it out of a cup/sippy cup if she realises thats her only option.
    also, you can get those twisty curly straws...maybe she'd find that fun and drink milk that way

also, evie just slept for 1hr 15mins this afternoon! hooray!!!! longest sleep in days, so i'm hoping she'll sleep tonight!

Thanks for the tips Tara...appreciated....ill give them all a go!

Chelsea has been in bed since 140..and still sound asleep..same with Jasmine....its lovely!

man i'm in a world of pain!!! I went to the physio today (who was very cute!) and he was very through. thinks there is one of two problems happening - either two lower discs are bulging, or my hip/pelvis is all out of wack. he strapped my back, and apparently that will reveal which one it is.... fffffffuuuuucccccckkkkkk it hurts! I finally found a place to get comfortable, and I'm not moving from it. have had some of DH's strong pain killers it hurts that much. I am going to ring him tomorrow to just make sure that it should be hurting this much... I can't even bend over. between DH and I - we are useless. Poor kids - not fair on them. going to ring around tomorrow and see how much it will cost to get someone to do the edges and slash the area where my vege patch is - that is now incredibly overgrown.

Kim - Aston wouldnt drink milk, but inhales smoothies! Brushing teeth - I sing the ten little indians song, or say what sound does a lion make rarrrrrrrrr, and lie him back in my arms so I get them. I have a brush, then he gets to have brush.

Tara glad everything ok with Evie.

Jols - glad Sophie has resigned herself to the fact that the milk bar is shut.

Kim, I am so confused? Whats wrong with bottles? I mean they say you can bf until they are 2 fine, so why can't they have bottles until they are 2?? (I'm getting on my high horse at the MCHN.... not you )
    I just get cranky hearing things that MCHN's tell mothers, but there is no apparent reason for, I mean its her opinion? No one ever told me to get Matilda off bottles. And she stopped having her nightly bottle, when she turned 3... maybe that was too late, but it was a sanity saver. And in my mind, sanity is so important.... or saving sanity I should say.

Well... I started a blog today. I've been making changes in my life this year, so I thought I'd document the journey I'm on.

Good news!!! Our chickens laid their first eggs today!! You could probably hear our celebration this morning around 9am. Poor chooks it was noisy....

Anything else??? Not that I can think of right now.

She never said why Chelsea cant have bottles...just that 'She should be off them by now". I copped it at 12 months...and again now pretty much. Ill keep giving them. I guess she (MCHN) sees me giving her formula as a way out of giving calcium/dairy foods. But in actual fact Chels gets yoghurt, custard, cheese (normally needs vegimite on it though) plus foods with calcium....??

Only 2 milks a day 150ml...

Oh and she said that she siint eating cos im giving her formula which is a load of hog wash too....we have good and bad eating days.

Woohoo on the chooks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast