Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

Kim - WOW - congrats to you! Did you plan to have #2 so soon ? I would love another fairly soon (not that I know how I would cope!) but doubt there will be any chance whilst fully BFing plus with Logan being so unsettled and co-sleeping there is not much time to make babies IYKWIM!

Blanchie - welcome to you and your goreous girl Emelia. Sorry about her shoulder troubles. Hopefully the news will all be good at your next appt.

Olivia - Are you still having unsettled days with Lugh? I know exactly how you feel!
    Good on you for asking for some help. My MIL has offered to help when she can but I do find it hard to "let go", especially when I am leaving someone with a not so 'cheery" bub.

Vicky - hope you can get you DS back on tracxk with some positive loving - hard to spread yourself amongst everyone eh?

Had an awful afternoon/evening yesterday. Logan just screamed and screamed for no apparent reason. I tried to go to a pilates class in an attempt to do something for ME but only lasted 10mins before I had to leave. DH wasn't home - again, so it was just me crying along with him. Eventually got him asleep in our bed and he slept the longest stretch ever - 5.5 hrs. Poor fella must have been exhausted from the screaming. I know i was! Today seems a bit better but still not what you would call a " happy" baby.
    I am beginning to get a bit concerned about how little time he spends actually really content/smiling. not sure what I should be expecting of him but others' babies always seem so much more cheerful.
    Took the plunge and rang mother/baby unit at Northpark today. lady i spoke to was lovely and did make me feel more at ease about potentially going there. Waiting list is about 2mths though! She was going to try and move me up the list so cross fingers

:hugs: Meredith. Good girl for taking the plunge and ringing the unit. I wish I'd done something like that with Nathan, instead I just burrowed my head deeper into the sand, and kept hoping that when this happen, or this happen, or even this happened, things would magically get better. They did - eventually, but it did take its toll on me and I ended up with PND. I hope that you can get moved up the waiting list, and that they can be of some benefit darlin. If its any consolation (and it probalby won't be - especially when things are feeling so *****ty at the moment) Nathan was a wonderful toddler, and I had so much fun with him. We would go the whole day where I was wendy, and he was Bob the builder, or he was batman, and I was robin, lol.

Thank god Aston is a relatively easy baby...touch wood, but I think he has started his 12week growth spurt today, because I have fed umpteen times, and he has slept all of ??? which is not like him....so i'm feeling rather exhausted and tired. Had the blood test this morning as well, and won't have the results until next week. Thankfully DH is at home today, at my request, so he has been playing with Aston. I fell asleep before while feeding him, its gonna be a looonnnngggg day....

Christy - Alex Headland is lovely. I'm live about half an hour further up the coast. I love the sunshine coast. I feel very lucky to live in such a beautiful place - that others come to for their holidays.

Well my small respite has come to an end, and I think his lord and master wants to be fed. again. Thank god that it wasn't yesterday that this was going on... I think I really would have run away then!

Luua-well it was a 'if it happens it happen' case. We didnt think it would happen that fast....but i guess with my not BFing then it was bound to happen! BUt we are so happy and to know Chels will have a bro or sis close to her age is great!

awww lovely growth spurts.... we are having a growth spurt day here as well.

Meredith *hugs* I went to a sleep school with Matilda & actually called them today. I think if Jovie was my first I would be back there in a second. Its really hard, I reckon I am desperate for just 30 minutes a day where I can sit & not have to worry about a child and get some mental rest.

My appt is for Friday for blood tests to make sure its nothing else that could be causing my emotional down. The GP said that its so normal for the majority of women between the 3-4 month mark to hit a very real low point. Our hormones are all over the place and the post baby high is waning. She said sometimes they can mess up your chemical balance & cause PND or hypothyroidism etc... Its reassuring that we are not alone in this low.

Thanks Christy for that info. Very interesting, plus it makes heaps of sense. I was speaking to my G/F who is a midwife and she said that the GD can take up to 6months to settle down after birth. So I guess I should be a little more vigilant then I have been with the food thing. I eat pretty healthy - its just the carbs that are the worry.

I'm off to have a belated birthday Lunch with my girlfriend today. Was just about to head out the door when it started bucketing down. think I will wait til there is a lull again, plus aston is asleep. He cat napped all day yesterday - 15 mins here and there, which is very unlike him, plus my boobs are enormous this morning, so i think it was a growth spurt. He slept his usual 7hour stint from 7.30-2.30 last night. now if I can just get him to make that time from say 9.30 to 4.30, I'd be happy bunny...lol. Don't want much do I?

The motivating chart for Nathan seems to be working. I asked him this morning if it would help if I made a list up of all the things he needs to do each morning and evening, so he can look at it to remind himself. He said yes, but now I'm thinking I will get him to make the list up himself this afternoon. At least I'm not moaning at him as much as I was, so that in itself has to be an improvement.

I guess I should go and do something with my hair, and head before I go out. Hope everyone has a good day.

Olivia Guest

Hi,

Meredith ...I really feel for you and wish I could come over and mind him for a bit while you have a sleep, ( me a total stranger and all ) but I bet by the time I get back it will all be sorted. If it's really getting to you, tell people, make your DH listen, stay in bed with Logan ...and I know this is controversial ...and I am only suggesting cos you sound really over it ...what about a sedative esp for babies for Logan ? ...I mean ONCE can't hurt ...you will feel so much better after a sleep, and Logan might need it ...but that of course is just my opinion ...I haven't needed to, but no one will judge you if you do.

That's it for me ..another Mum's group today which was great, a weigh in ...7 kg and 64 cms ...big bubba ...and now ...packing, packing, packing.

Happy birthday Vicky.

Goodluck for blood tests Christy.

Hope everyone is well

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome,

i hope i can start joining in more soon gotta catch up on things i guess! dont wanna intrude though and say something wrong as i dont really know whats going on if ya know what i mean!!

Emelia is starting to use her left arm alot more she is lifting it up to her mouth and holding her other hand now, also when she stretches it lifts over her head she started doing it yesterday i had tears in my eyes it made me just so happy! moved her out of our bedroom now and into her own big cot and room, i couldnt sleep that night! i had the moniter next to me but i just had thoughts going through my mind like "oh wat if the moniter turns off and i dont hear her"..."is she going to sleep through like normal"....but she was fine and its really good now cos we dont have to tip toe around her when we go to bed plus she was getting to big for her bassinet!

well i hope everyone else is doing fine let me know if i can help with anything happy to help with anything

awww she's gorgeous and so clever too! We were also anxious moving Ella into her own room. But you both (baby and mum) sleep so much better.

Meridith - Hope things have improved and the screaming has stopped. We dont get a lot of smiles either (except in the mornings) Maybe they're brains are busy working and connecting pathways...

Christy - hope you went well with the blood tests.

Not much to report from us. Still drooling heaps but the rash has cleared from around her neck. The GP prescribed a mild cortisone cream and i cleared in a day. Now we're using paw paw ointment as a barrier to the drool. During tummy time she seems to want to roll over - and lifts her knee and hand but doesnt quite flip over...still early days for us.

Ann

Well girlie girls, today was a much better day!I had a lovely lunch with my bestest friend in the world, and her lovalbe gorgeous girl Katie who is 16mths old and just delightful. She has just started walking and was toddling around the shopping centre with bright pink handbag hung over her elbow, grinning at everyone who glanced her way. She was an absolute scream to watch. EVery time I spend time with her and her equally as wonderful mummy, I feel like a breath of fresh air has passed thru me. I had a really great day today, the first one in a few weeks, it was lovely to go to the shops, just me and Aston, look around, get what I needed to, without anyone hassling me, saying I just want to look here, etc etc. Got some bargains for next year for ASton in size 1 (noooooo.,,,I want him to stay this tiny forever!...hmmmm...hang on a minute, I think he stayed tiny for 2 seconds...can't remember if I told you how gorgeously huge he is becoming...lol.)

Then I met my friend, and her mum, and katie for lunch. I hadn't seen her mum in a while, and we used to see each other all of the time, so it was really lovely to catch up with her, and watch her be with her granddaughter. U see we have known each other for about 17 years. god thats a long time, and been through many things together. so they are very special to me. Its nice to be feeling up for a change.

Ann- Aston looks like he's thinking of rolling as well, from his back to his front - so close. I think he'll do it one day soon and get such a shock that he's done he won't know what to do next..lol. Glad the rash is clearing up.

Blanchie - that's wonderful news about Emelia! I'm at that place where I want to put Aston in with Nathan, but DH isn't quite ready to do it yet. lol. BTW I went to check out your photos of Emelia, but I couldn't see any...is that right, or isn't it working properly?

Thanks Olivia for the birthday wishes. How was the mother's group?

Christy when will you get the results of your blood tests? I have to wait til next week to get mine.

Well the little man is having a lay down, and I think I will too. Have had another busy morning catching up with friends...need to have a snooze now. I couldnt' get to sleep last night! so while everyone esle was asleep, I'm up pacing around til after 11.30!...

hey vicky

good to hear you had a better day and enjoyed yourself, its lovely watching other friends and families kids its great to know wat we have to look forward too! my newphew is 11months and just started walking so funny to watch cos he's so tiny emelia looks bigger than him!!! but i guess shes just a big girl lol

pics should be working i had a look everything working on my end so not sure why you cant see them :/

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

VIcky, i'm so glad for you that you had such a great day, made me smile just reading it. You describe things so beautifully, i can picture what you are talking about.

where do you get that groovy b/f-ing counter thingo?

i enjoyed seeing your bub on the photobucket link.

two nights ago, i stayed up all night - feeling upset about tiny bilby's arrival into the world, how awful the labour was - went to be at 7am the next morning

last night, i was up every two hours to her

so i feel like a walking zombie right now!!

:hugs: Gigi, I have had a couple of days recently were I have felt like a walking zombie too....feeding frenzy for the boy, and then me not being able to sleep, even though he is!! It suxs!! I'm so sorry that you are feeling so horrible about your baby girls birth darlin. I wish I was able to do or say something that would make you feel better. I know how I felt after I had Nathan, and it wasnt a very pleasent time. He came 4 weeks early by emergency c-section, because of placental abruption, went into respiratory distress while I was in recovery, and went into a humidicrib, and I didn't get to see or hold him for 10 hours after he was born. Missed seeing his big sister meet him for the first time, and didn't feed him until he was 10 hours old, then he had to stay in special care, and had a nasalgastro tude in, had to fight with the midwifes to make them understand that I wanted him to have MY milk and that I would do what ever needed to be done to give it to him, even it meant through a tube. The midwife assigned to me when I came back from recovery was "TOO BUSY" to take me to special care - and I would have gone myself, but my legs hadn't come back yet!!! Arghhhh...just remembering it makes me still angry. So I very much feel your pain and frustration darlin. Different situation I know, but can empathise totally. I just live by my motto that every day is a new day and brings new possiblilites with it, might be a good day, might be a crap one, but got to keep looking forward....

Having said that, today was completely crappy for me! The whole being tired, worried about whether I still have diabetes, dealing with the ex, and his lack of regard for his children! - running around 3000 miles and hour here there and everywhere! Finally brought me to a halt. and it was the silliest thing in the world to tip the scale. I was heading out to see a girlfriend and her kids, was running late (how unusal...NOT!), petrol light came on, need to get fuel, drive into the petrol station, go to put fuel in the car, NO WALLET. have left the bloody thing at home on the table. So i ring DH and promptly burst into tears.... He came and "rescued" me, paid for the fuel, and I rang my girlfriend, still in tears, apologised, and turned around went home. Laura and Nathan are in the back of the car, not saying alot. Hmmm....mum is realllllly upset about that wallet... Anyway, I came home, and DH put me to bed. The kids tipped toed around all day, and I'm feeling relatively better!

Sigh...needed that vent. Sorry.

Guess all I'm trying to say, is hang in there girl, and take one day at a time. Your not alone, right there with you in spirit...

Heya girls...

Awww please feel free to vent at anytime!! We may never have anywhere else to get it out so this is the best place to come & feel free. Thats why I fell in love with BB.

Well... I had a pretty bad week last week mentally and one day I phoned the Child Health line here in QLD. BIG MISTAKE. I said first up "I am calling for support because I am a bit distraught atm" Her reply "are you breastfeeding?" So we went through what I am doing and she started saying that I didn't have enough milk (one of the biggest lies you can be told, especially without seeing me & knowing that I have been seeing a lactation consultant) the next thing was I was a bad mother for using a hammock and not a cot. I then said "Excuse me, I called here for support when I was in a very low place, NOT to be told that I am doing things wrong for goodness sake" and hung up... grrrrr....

WTF christy!! that is disgusting!!!!, no wonder some women feel like they have no support available when silly women like that make stupid comments or assumptions!!! that makes me soooo angry to be told you dont have enough milk is rediculous, makes me wonder if she even has kids!! dont let her get you down, is there another number you can call??
    Vicky the petrol thing is my worst nightmare!! i ALWAYS check to make sure i have my purse before i fill up as i'm soooo scared that i wont have my purse nas well. good on DH for taking charge and putting you to bed!! hope the extra rest helped.
    Gigi have you found someone to possibly do a birth debrief with?? it may help tremendously and i'm still considering doing that myself, though i do feel heaps better as time passes about my birth, although not a bad birth, just regret having pethidine. feel free to vent whenever ypou like!!
    hope everyone is well, it's very hot down here in vic, but luckly sophie seems to sleep better in the heat, go figure!!

Well that was a lot to digest i must say and it wasnt even that many posts, you girls have the ups and downs of life fully covered this thread!

Firstly
    Kim: Huge Congrats to you and your family and throwing a little extra blue dust your way

Vicky: Hope the extra talk with Nathan helped him out a bit and wow at some of the things that have happened to you lately, from the highs to the lows all covered in there

Gigi: There isnt much i can say to help you out with what you are going through but i have to say i am so pleased to see you posting and talking about it, i didnt when it happened to me years ago and it really made my life miserable for a long time, so its nice to see someone talking about things and getting it out there, please continue to do so

Welcome Blanche and great photos

Ann: Glad the cream is helping and wont be long for that first roll over, Cooper done it once then decided it wasnt for him lol and never done it again

Christy: Sorry that you didnt get the support you needed, sounds like your better to phone a friend then them ppl in future!

Merideth: Sorry to hear you have had a tough time of things and i hope things improve, i think re your worry about him being not as happy as other babies, i really think its in the babies sometimes, i have had 3 and pretty well much done nearly the same stuff with them and they are all different in personality traits from the start

Well i may have left someone out and if i did i am sorry, not intentional

As for me, all is good, Cooper doesnt sleep barely at all during the day and is now stretching it out to still being up at 8.30 or later, makes for a hell of a long day! Now he is cutting into my time i am not impressed lol, he is fighting sleep now too, Mason did the same thing at this age, thats what ya get for teaching them the good life i guess, who wants to give up the good stuff

Mason is a runamok who is soooo loud my ears are starting to hurt

Luke is going well at new school and has really settled in, he was sick all last night though so i havent slept yet

Now cooper is whinging cause he is tired and doesnt want to sleep lol, so bye for now
    Last edited by Belinda; February 18th, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

would you believe, that after all the debarcle of thinking I had left my wallet at home - it was in the bloody car!!!! Couldn't find it this morning, so went to have a look in the car, and there it is sitting in the centre storage thing. arghhhhhhhhhh!!!! the day did get better though, and the rest did me the world of good. However, aston decided that last night he would wake up twice (unheard of!) and the second time would be a great time to start the day!! took ages to get him back to sleep. Just when you think you have a handle on things, everything changes...hopefully it was a one off.

Christy - what a stupid woman! I swear sometimes the people that they put on these helplines could help organise a p!ss up in a pub, let alone offer advise to someone in real need. I hope that you are able to find someone else darlin, don't give up.

Gee girls!!!

I go away for 3 days and i come back to lots of reading......!!

Im so buggered i cant even comprehend what you have all written so ill keep it short and sweet:

I hope all your babies (plus other kiddies) are all being good and not giving u a hard time. This heat is shocking. I had a lovely trip away. Met DH's uncle from USA who was over visiting, the family were all excited to see how big Chelsea was now... and of course she became pass the parcel. Saturday night and Sunday were a night mare for us. She is a child that gets over stimulated veeeeery easily and she was so unsetled, over tired, refused to sleep, but continued to cry and winge. SO the plane trip back home we had a grizzly lil girl.

Today she is no better. I was ment to go back to work today.......Baby sitter was busy.....my M/S appears to be on its way so i feel like $hit....DD is in a grumpy cranky pants mood....DH has gone to work and i feel lonley and lost.

Perhaps i should just go back to bed.......

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    Gigi have you found someone to possibly do a birth debrief with?? it may help tremendously and i'm still considering doing that myself, though i do feel heaps better as time passes about my birth, although not a bad birth, just regret having pethidine. feel free to vent whenever ypou like!!
    WHO do you do a birth debrief with?

i have asked the midwives (who saw me during preg and for six weeks after labour), i have been told the obstret. who did the emerg. c would not see me (cos i was a once off, not a regular of theirs), so who should i ask?

i feel like no-one who was there (on the day) is interested in telling me anything.

i would LOVE a birthing debrief, don't know how you get one.

Kristy, i have had some interesting "encounters" with ChildYouthHealth in my state too, needless to say, i won't ever go in there again UNLESS i am feeling great, looking my best and bubs is happy. Anything else, i have learnt, 5 min judgements by strangers can be very dangerous. Thank the godess for my parenting support network worker - total opposite, very supportive and not regimented.

lots of other personals i wanted to respond to as well, but parenting support worker will be here in a tic to take me to "Getting to know your baby" class, so must go.

Thanks for making THIS a safe place to talk out wot we need to get out - i appreciate my cyber gals here SO MUCH!!!! (hugs)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast