Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #4

thanks guys, i did get my script filled today, mind you got the generic this time and saved around $11!!! that's heaps these days.
    vicky i agree, i do have my own family now which i remember every day, and the most important thing is that I'M HAPPY!!!(well except for today lol) my sister is boring, has no life , moved out of home at 28, (brother only did lat year at 30!!)and cant seem to cut the umbillical cord from my mum. my DH hates how they treat me as i do, but as long as were happy and i do my very very best for sophie thats all that matters. unfortunatly my mum does to me what her mum did to her and that wa play favourites. she favoured her brother over her, my mum favour my sister overf my and in my opinion there are NO favourites, this had had a lot to do with my feeling of late and has in my opinion contributed to my PND, so i'm DETERMINED to have a great realationship with both of my kids (when we have the second one that is). i have been wanting to vent for sooo long now but find my self lurking more than posting. i have another thing i wish to share but maybe tomorrow as it's not good and it's something that i cant get over and never will (it's not about me but my best friend)

he is fine now thanks, luckily only an over night thing, just praying mason doesnt get it too

AJP - vent away girl! We are all hear to listen and hopefully getting things off your chest will help. Good on you for getting on with your own life and achieving your own happy family. Do you want a closer relationship with your mum and siblings or are you ok with how things are? Can you talk to them about it at all? How about your DH's family - sometimes you find yourself getting closer to the in-laws family. I certainly see more of DH;'s parents than my own.I am the youngest of 6 children born to my mum and dad plus I have a step and half sister,so I understand the difficulties of trying to have a close parent-child relationship. I am not really that close to my mum but I don't think any of us are. Just to many kids to get individual attention all that often. My mum has also had "enough" of children given her own tribe so not that keen to take on much in the way of grandmother duties. it sadden me at times but like you, I am determined to do better with my own children (well, I will try at least!)
    Remember, you are doing a great job as a mum to Soph and for that you should feel sooo oproud of yourself!
    BTW - would love to catch up sometime for a chat and see your little girl. What days are good for you?

Belinda - glad Cooper doing better. Not sure how I will cope with Logan's first real "illness:".

Vicky - how are you doing SuperMum! is DS doing any better with the positive reinforcement?

Kim - Hope Chels has settled a bit on the sleeping. last thing a pg woman needs is any addition to tiredness!

Gigi - how are you and Tiny Bilby doing? Any luck with the debriefing?

Well, have a full day todday with a paed appt, first mother's group, then BabyRoo class!
    need to leave in the next 10mins for the paed appt an wouldn't you know it - Logan is peacefully asleep in the hammock, on his own! Typical eh! he even got through the 45min point with barely a murmur. Agggh at having to wake him!!!

Belinda, glad cooper is better - hope mason doesn't get it. Its always the way though - goes through the house eh

Meredith - love the photos. we r planning to do that when DH's dad comes from England in May, and get the three of them, plus the brother. I might venture in...hate having my photo taken. As for being super mum.... hmmm don't know about that. Are making some head way with Nathan, but its a slow old process, and I'm not exactly very patient at the moment!

have been feeling very frustrated of late at being able to do EVERYTHING and are finding it a little difficult having a foot in each camp - one for the big kids, one for the babe. I see other mums out together with their little babies, and feel a terrible longing to have a friend that has a babe the same age...silly I know, but desperately need to have someone to talk to that is experiencing the same things I am at the moment. If any of that makes any sense.

Just need to try and make some time for myself in there...somewhere between midnight and 2am...

Time is something that we all need more of! There needs to be more then 24 hours in a day. I should get used to having 1 baby now... cos time will go faster when theres double trouble!!!!

Im finding it difficult to keep up with everyone now... with me back at work, PG, keeping up with the house and Chelsea. So i apoligise in advance if i dont seem to address you all individually. But i do hope everyone is happy, healthy and their lil bundles are not sick (and letting u all sleep).

Merideth: hope your day went ok and shame to have to wake him, always happens here and i hate having to do it

Vicky: have you considered looking up a mothers group or playgroup at all? I am personally not into them but some ppl are
    Also we can always catch up one day in the future if you would like, we arent that close but not too far either

ah girls I hear ya!! We've had some issues the last week. But especially the last 3 days Jovie has only slept for 15 minutes at a time & not as much in the sling because my burn is still healing & sweat is bad . But at least she's been sleeping 10 hours at night straight & then an early morning feed & back to sleep for 2 hours. Whew... but it means that I am totally restricted to 15 minute slots of time where I can shower, or go to the toilet or make a sandwich & thats it. Ah well...it will get easier.

Kim - no problem on the personals - I won 't take offence. I think your doing great just getting in here to post with everything else going on in your life. BTW what do you do for work?

Belinda, I'm starting a 6 week "course" through the noosa child health on 5/3 for mums with babies. I have never been into the "group" thing either, but I think because when I was having Laura and Nat so were all my friends having their kids, so they are all big now too...just feel a little out of it, and don't want to bore them all with the ins and outs of babyhood, when they have been there done that already, iykwim. If nothing else, I will find out what is availabe in this neck of the woods for Aston as he gets bigger, I was living in Maroochydore when L&N were little, so don't really know whats around. BTW is there still an indoor playground in Maroochydore do you know? My girlfriend with the 16mth old wants to meet somewhere where her little girl can play, and not get bored while we catch up, and I thought of that place. there used to be two.... maybe we could catch up at one of those places too...so that Mason can run around and have fun, and we can drink coffee and wonder why our DH's really do come from other planets!!

Meredith - hope your appts went well, and that your enjoyed mother's group. What is baby roo class? BTW I had my hair cut today.wanted to get foils done but thought the likelihood of that actually happening was slim and buckleys so didn't bother. maybe next week while my mum is here.

having a break from doing the stupid paperwork that we have to do for this residency application. I tell you, I get so friggin frustrated by the whole process that after a couple of hours I have to walk away from it or I will end up hitting DH! lol. for no other reason that its his application and I can't hit the immigration officer! Plus DH has found jobs on the local council that he wants to apply for as its exactly what he did in the UK, so of course I have to assist with the whole application process...hmmmmm....cant see me getting any time to myself this week anytime soon.....

Vicky-Why cant DH do the application himself??? Unless he is like mine....always needs my input cos i do a better job!!!

I do office work, so data entry, payroll, receptionist, paperwork, accounts etc....
    Same office as DH so its good i get to see him more!!!

lol kim - yep its because I do a better job then he does in written form. He has the gift of the gab - but not in written form. And I guess the application is for both of us in a round about way...he is my other half, and without him I'm not whole. even when he drives me up the wall...lol

Christy: you will have to check out flyladys site on everything you can achieve in 15mins lol, would suit you atm, and glad the night sleeps are going well

Vicki: yes there is a playcentre, there were two but the nicer one closed down, maze mania is still there though, hope the course thing works out and you get DH's paperwork done, and we will catch up there one day if you like, hopefully when the weather is nicer, so over the rain now, it really depresses me and makes me so drowsy

Thanks Belinda, I thought that was the case. Would you believe that what seems like a million years ago, I had gone to both of them. Shame about the one that closed down, that was great. I'd been even happy to meet with you at Cotton Tree park, do you know where that is? I'm assuming you would, or even Mooloolabah. I like visiting different places, and being by the water. I'm with you about the rain. Over it. DH is working in it tonight, and he's not happy! It hasn't stopped raining all afternoon, and I'm positive that some of the places that he will be patrolling (he's a security guard) will be under water!

Christy - I'll swap you for the night - so I can have one nights full uninteruppted sleep...oh how lovely that would be....on the other hand I'm not sure how I'd go with 15 mins cat naps all day...that's how nat was, unless I put him to sleep on his tummy, and then I spent every 15 seconds checking on him. And do you hear the "cry" when your in the shower? I'm absolutel positive everytime I have a shower and I'm the only one home, that Aston is crying everytime I'm in the shower I can "hear" it...until I stick my head out of the shower recess to make sure....

how was your day meredith? Is it still stinking hot in Melbourne?

AJP - have you noticed a difference now you are back on your meds? For me it was always pretty imediate...after about 20 mins. How are you feeling today?

mE - Im feeling a little P.O.ed at the moment...I just want some space! wonder whether that would happen if I took off to an island some where????

Stinking hot dont descibe the weather here in Melbourne!!! I'm SOOOOO over the heat....Chelsea hates the heat.....but on a good note...DH was home today and she slept!!! He should home stay home more often!!

LOL Vicky island heh? Ahhh... I can imagine Hawaii would be nice atm.

I know the night sleeps are good. Thats why I can't complain too much about the day, but it would be nice to have 30 minutes to myself.... luxury. I do hear her cry in the shower all the time... and the last 2 times she has been ah well... Today she slept for 45 minutes! After I laid down with her in my bed. So I still didn't get me time but at least I got a rest.

Wow... you girls can chat!! I am keeping up but personals are a bit hard atm. I know you girls will understand.

We are going to see a paediatrician tomorrow for Jovie's reflux. I've tried all the natural therapies and now am ready to admit we need medical intervention. Ah well... running out of money very fast around here.

good luck tomorrow at the paed Christy, I hope you are given some resolution. I know why you mean about the money situation...suxs! my dh is only on casual, so if he doesn't get many hours, theres not a lot of $$$$. I have learnt to be very very creative.

Ah Hawaii sounds good or any island not here lol

Christy: hope they work something out for you all

Vicky: either place would be fine, cotton tree would probably be better for parking though, always quiter there, we can maybe do something next week if you want too?
    Mondays and fridays mason is at daycare and wednsdays he has gymbaroo, so just let me know

Kim: yah for the good sleeping today

Well nothing much happening here, have Cooper whinging in my lap, think he is learning this new skill off Mason lol, hopefully he will be asleep soon

Hi guys, i havent been on much today as DH had the day off, so we went to Ikea and purchased a highchair for $39!!, $59 all up including the tray and inflatable insert!! cheap hey, they told us this morning when we ran to make sure they had some that they got them in this morning but will sell out by then end of the day!! they sell 70 a week!!!!!!
    Good luck with the paed christy, i hope you get some answers about Jovies reflux,
    I know how your feeling Kim!! the humidity is soooo bad!!! how was work today?
    Meredith hows next tuesday?? no i dont have the closest relationship with my my\um or sister, however they do. i have a fantastic relationshipwith my MIL she had two boys so i'm a daughter to her., i would spend more one on one time with her than my mum, yes it does upset me, but i have to be happy for who i am and what i have, a wonderful DH and beautiful daughter

Vicky thanks love i'm feeling better today, though i'm still teary, feel like balling right now, DH is at basketball so i'm home alone, DD is in bed.
    i still can t get past the guilt i feel about having PND, i have a beautiful baby girl, who sleeps like a champion is very content and laid back, an angel, so i still feel like i have nothing to be unhappy about.
    8 weeks before Sophie was born my best friend, went into labour wednesday night (she was due) the next morning i was expecting a phone call with the good news, i kept checking my phone all morning waiting for her call. i then recieved a call form my DH,a call i will never ever forget. he said to me **** has had her baby, it was a boy, straight away i said what happened as i knew they wouldnt call him first, he told me he didnt make it, i was beside my self, WHAT do you mean???? he didnt know the details but they wanted me to go to the hospital to see her. i went there, the same hopital i was giving birth at, to see my best friend, both families were there and i was privledged enough to meet and hold ***** a moment i will never forget. ****** had a cord accident whilst moving down the birth canel, she felt some movement don there, so they out her back on the monitor only to find that they couldnt find a heart beat. so they performed an episiotomy and forceps to deliver him, but it was too late he couldnt be saved. he had a heart attack due to the cord around the neck and died. i still cant believe this happened and cant get over it, i guess i never will. i think about them every single day, she is currently 15 weeks preganant again which is soooo good im sooo happy for them, they deserve the very best in life, they are such a great couple and dont deserve this heart ache, no one does.
    when others go through heart ache like this, i question my right to feel like i do, i have my baby she doesnt, i cant forgive myself for feeling like this.

Belinda, cotton tree sounds great - but I would have to make it the week after. My mum arrives on Saturday and is here for nine days. we'll arrange it later next week ok?

AJP. Hugs darlin. I feel your pain hun. There is a lady on BB who lost her little boy the day before aston was born, and I feel guilty just because I have him, and she doesn't. Everytime I read anything she posts I tear up, and I don't even know this woman, other then what she posts. I cant even imagine what it would be like to loose a child, my heart aches just thinking about. You are feeling for your friend, and her loss, and that is totally understandable. Its wonderful that she is pregnant again, but must be stressful for her and you too. Try to remember when you are feeling guilty about the PND that everyone's journey is different and no two the same. While there may be similarities along the one, and people my be able to empathise with you, your experience is unique to you. Your PND has brought into focus issues that you have with your own childhood, and the experiences you had as you were growing up, ones that you want to be so different for Sophie. Are you seeing a counsellor by any chance? I found for myself that the best way to move through the pain was by talking about it, to a professional. The medication alone wasn't enough. It evened out how I was feeling, and the mood swings settled, but I didn't really start to get better until I did some heavy duty counselling. Even as I type this I am aware that I need to seek some more, as my daughter is moving into an age that I am struggling with - not because of what she is or isnt doing, but because of what was happening in MY life when I was her age, and I am actutely aware that I dont want the pendulum to swing dramatically the other way. Anyway darlin, hang in there, keep breathing in and out, and be kind to yourself.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast