Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #5

Hi girls - I am back.! Just trying to catch up on everyone - lots of reading!

Good news is that Northpark was great - TOTALLY different from tweddle, so much so that I stayed on a couple more days and would have actually liked to stay a bit longer to give myself some more rest time,Although I barely slept at all in there, it was still nice not to think about household dutes, cooking etc.
    They had a no CC policy and were very accomodating to mother's wishes. They deal a lot with PND so I think they are extra gentle with both mums and bubs
    Babies usually sleep in their own monitored room but was not an issue to have the cot in with me.
    Logan was (amost unforunately) on his best behaviour and after the first 2 days sleeping very well, especially during the day, which had been my big issue.
    Was out of my bed at night which probably bothered me more than him! Still taking a lot of getting up and down to resettle him but hopefully we will get there.
    Big set back is that on the last night he came down with a cold so very unsettled all night and now we've had to come home with both him and now me unwell!
    Praying it doesn't upset all the good work.

Kim - how is your DH? is he still in hospital?

Vicky - Glad the move is done. Really not looking forward at all to ours which will be happening in the next 4-6weeks. Are you feeling less stressed out yet?

Christy - How is Jovie doing with the bottles? WTG on keeping it up with BM - expressing is such a chore. I don't know how you find the time

Olivia - glad sleep school has helped you and Luke too. Where did ou go?

AJP - happy aniversary!! Hope you have a great night.
    Sorry the group PND thing didn't work for you. I hope you can still talk to someone or at least vent in here.

Well, my poor little bubba is still asleep (almost 2hrs now). Slept well this morning too but was cranky when awake. Don't blame him as i feel very crappy with this cold,sore throat etc Better get some things done whilst I can

hey again everyone

Been to Sydney and back on a whirlwind trip with Luke, was great fun and we didnt miss out on seeing much of Sydney at all

Vicky: Glad the move is over with

Christy: hope all goes well with the expressing and yah to eating and drinking what you want

AJP: happy anniversary

Merideth: Sounds like it was a really good place for you, hope you arent sick for long if you both happen to get it

AJP- Happy Anniversay hun!! I hope you have a great night and you like ur surprise!!

DH is now ouit of hospital but his dr thinks all the drugs he was given whilst in there has now done a lot of damage to his spleen... so he had an u/s done today.

In 3 weeks Chelsea starts a new play group so im excited!!!!!

I think I may have spoke too soon...heart slowly breaking

WB Meredith - I'm so glad that you had some success with the place - that's fantastic. Before you know it Logan will be sleeping through the night. Aston's little stint of sleeping thru was just that - a little stint! Hopefully once we have been in this house for a bit he will start again. Oh wouldnt that be lovely.... He had a cold the weekend we moved, poor little man, and now has developed conjunctivitis (sp??) today.I have been putting breast milk in his eye, and bathing with salty water as per advice from my midwife friend. if it doesnt get better by Sunday I will take him to the Doctor. My advice to you re: moving is get all the help you can. put the super woman outfit AWAY and take all offered assistance. Just about bloody killed me. I hit the emotional wall on Wednesday, and spent most of the day crying. Are slowly starting to feel better, but I also think AF is on its way, so that probably had something to do with it.

LOL taralee - I know that Aston was conceived on our anniversary last year with out any doubt. Won't be happening again this year. I had a tubal ligation this time round. the shop is shut for this little black duck. I'm sorry to hear that your baby girl is unsettled darlin. Hang in there, each day is a new one, and hopefully better then the one before. hugs

Kim - glad DH is out of hospital - bugger about the complications though. I hope everything turns out ok for you both.

WB Belinda - glad Sydney was good - I wish I had been on holiday - anything would be better then the last two weeks I have had!! But I'm on the other side of it now and the only way is UP!

Blanche - I hope Emelia is ok with her needles. I am dreading going next week. I made DH hold aston last time, but he reckons he won't do it this time. I hate them, but know it is so necessary. I'm the same, after my pregnacy (GD with insulin injections) I should have gotten over my needle phobia, but no, hasn't happened!

Christy - my hat is off to you my dear - expressing is hard work. Today Aston refused to breast feed - fussing about for ages - screaming in fact - which is what makes me thinks AF is on its way (that and my very aching pelvis and back!) In the midst of it all I was considering weaning him - that's how friggin tired I am. But he calmed down, and finally took it. Maybe he figured screaming wasn't going to change the taste any!!

Ann - How are you and your oh so camera shy darling girl going?

Gigi - any news on the car?

Well after that mammoth post I'm off to bed. that Aston decides that tonight is the night to sleep all the way through and I will wake up a new person!!!

Vicky -Emelia went really well only cried when the needles went in (last time she wouldnt stop screaming) so i was very proud of her and me lol i didnt cry!!! btw im with u on the praying i so hope Emelia sleeps through the night i would wake the happiest mummy ever!!! hope Aston sleeps good for u..ill pray for us both

we start moving tomorrow :S cant wait till its all over

welcome back meredith!!! i've been thinking of you allweek love, wondering how things went, i'm glad all went well and they were helpful!!! so what have they suggested to you? what did you find the most beneficial? i bet your glad to be home though!!

BELINDA i'm very glad that you had a great week in Sydney!!

KIM oohhh you'll enjoy mothers group!! hows DH? how did the u/s go any news yet?

BLANCHIE got to hate those needles hey, sophie was better second time around as well, just think no more till 6 months, which for us is only 1 month away

TARA whats happening love?

CHRISTY how are things going today? hows Jovie going? how are YOU going?

VICKY did Aston sleep through? gee i really appreciate having sophie been a great sleeper, though i do go to bed every night thinking tonights the night she'll wake up!! lol

well we had a great night out for our anniversary, for those in melbourne we went up to skyhigh up Mt dandenong, very nice views, then it rained, thundered, lightening, wind, cleared up then more of the same!!! but when it wasnt raining the views are great, we had a window seat which was lovely. i had two glasses of wine and i tells ya i feel like it was two bottles!!!! OMG i feel **** this morning!!!! it was only TWO glasses how can i feel almost hungover!!!!!!! my surprise from DH was he had our marriage certificate framed along with some more of our wedding photos which was lovely of him!! hes such a good boy!! love him to bits.
    well thats wnough from me for now, it's still raining which is music to my ears, sophie is back in bed, DH is still in bed and i'm in my PJ's. off to bake some cupcakes

AJP I'm so glad you had a lovely evening. Very impressed with your DH, he stepped right up and made it very special. Who looked after Sophie?

Aston didn't sleep thru waking 1.30ish and 4.30ish for a feed. but he did sleep in this morning so I was able to have special cuddles with Dh!!! lol. usually Aston wakes around 5.30-6 and then comes into bed with us, and HOGS the bed! so he may not have slept thru, but I'm a happy bunny because I got some attention for a change

I guess I should go and get organised for the day - more unpacking for me. but I think I will make pancakes for breakfast first.

take care all

LOL we had pancakes for breakfast this morning!

Tara, hun are you okay?

AJP sounds wonderful, too bad about the hangover I found that my first drink felt huge. My alcohol tolerance has decreased greatly since having children.

US.... well.... still pumping away Jovie is taking the special formula very well & is still having 1 feed off me in the early morning when I am busting and then another if possible throughout the day. I express twice to try & get enough for 1 bottle at other times. So its not too much work, but its hard when its just me & the two girls. I definately slack off those days & pump heaps at night.

Hi Christy I have been meaning to say I love your new sig! The girls look gorgeous. Well done with the expressing, reach over and pat yourself on the back darlin.

Blanche - I meant to say thats wonderful that Emelia was such a good girl. fingers crossed ASton will be the same. not looking forward to it though.

Blanche - good luck with the moving. We're still house hunting and i dread the idea of moving and upsetting Ella's sleep.

Vicky - what a great mum you are! making pancakes for breakfast yummy...

We've been doing well here. Today was soooo hot and tomorrow's suppose to drop to 21 degrees. I can't wait! All this hot weather has given poor Ella heat rash around her tummy (as we still wrap her to sleep). But she's such a good girl and doesnt cry and sleeps well even though its hot. We just need to get rid of this RASH!

I've been busy doing a little video of our mother's group - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5KWJFlmEo which i had lots of fun doing.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Ann

It's all okay, thanks for your concern everyone! Even though I think I have said this 100 times..I think I have Evie all worked out. SLeep times dont seem to be a problem anymore..cross fingers!
    She is chomping down something chronic with those lil gums and her dribble is enough to solve the current drought crisis but still no lil toothy pegs - poor baby!
    Anyways, she's gone to bed early tonight and i dont know what to do with myself! Whoa!

Dh went back to doctors but wasnt able to get the results of the u/s cos they hadnt come back yet......so he has to have further BT and wait on reuslts next week. I hope they found what is wrong.

Im looking forward to the play group....will be good for Chels and ill get to meet new mums as well and build some more friendships.

AJP- How sweet of hubby, glad you had a good night... a few drinks is always good!! Im stil waiting on my few drinks.....maybe after this bub ill have a few!

Christy- Love the sig too....

Blanchie- Glad Emelia went well with her needles. Chels has hers this Tuesday....so i hope im not going to cry... i was good last time! How did the move go hun??

Luua- Love the Youtube video.... some cute bubbies!

Tara- Chels is the same.. chops and dribbles.. but cant see any teeth or white gums yet. She has slept all day so i dont think we are in for a good night

Lastnight Chels went to bed at 1030... come 4am she was screaming.... bought her into our bed.. and the bugger wouldnt sleep til 530!! Then proceeded to lay across the bed so both DH and i had our bums hangin off the edge cos of her......
    She then slept all day and went 7 hours without a feed before she screamed the houise down for one this afternoon!! Now wide awake and talking to us.....

Dont forget to wind ur clocks back!! I hope it does not put Chels out of her routine to much. I go back to work on Monday... not been in 3 weeks!!

Glad the weather has cooled and YAY for tghe rain at last!!!! Still wont stop the level 3a restrictions starting next week for us Melb folks!

Hope your all having a good weekend!!

Hey luua, have you tried dusting her tummy with some cornflour? That's really good for those kinds of rashes

bugger day light savings!!! normally sophie goes down for the night at 5.45pm but tonight it was 4.45pm!!! oh well hopefully we'll be back on track tomorow!!

KIM how did chelsea end up sleeping?

Ann love the vidoe of your mothers group!!

Sophie coes down that early for the entire night???? Or until a bit later??? WOw if its for the night.....*Looks around and thinks mauybe Chelsea should go ot bed early too*

Chelsea slept like an angel.... went to bed at 1030...fell asleep thru her bottle...and never woke until 8am.....then she come to bed with me cos DH had to go get more blood taken... and then when he got home we had breaky and the 3 of us jumped back into bed until 1pm.... then daddy and his girl went to sleep til 3pm!!

So yeah.. we have spent most of the day in bed..... my M/S is really giving me a run for my money today.....

Im back at work tmrw....Chels is off to my friends again.....

Damn i hate this daylight crap....lol..... when do we change clocks again!!!

unfortunatly not until october i thinks kim lol!!!!

yes sophie goes down 5.45 on the dot!!!we start gettin ready around 5.00/5.10 with bath then massage and by the time thats done it's boob and bed, she cant go past that time for some reason!! normaly up around 7am with 4 sleeps during the day.

sorry to hear about the m/s, any thing that helps it? have you found differnt things make you sick compared to last time? thats the only thin i dread about getting preggers again, the m/s. i threw up everynight for 8 weeks, normally right before tea, sometimes at work and once in the car on the way home from work, i never left the house without a bucket and bottle of water. poor DH couldnt even fart around me without me dry reaching!! hope it passes sonn, hoe many weeks are you?

Geeeez.....Chelsea is never in bed before 10-1030..... but we are busy people and theres no way she would ever go to bed any ealrier unless she is buggered.

Sophie is a good gal!!!

Nothing really sets me off.....cat litter no matter how clean it is makes me feel like i need to vomit! and the smell of food thats been heated in the mircowave....(you know once u have taken it out and the smell lingers??). I am 10 weeks today! MS was worse with Chelsea.... had to very bad til 22 weeks... this time its a breeze compared to then...lol.

Anyhow.... my pg is very off topic in this group...but it effects Chelsea too..hahaha....

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast