Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #7

Yeah I think Miss Jovie overheard my crying that breastfeeding was over! She's started feeding off me more and I am able to express around 180mls a day (still) but at least with 2 feeds off me & 1 bottle of EBM she only has 1-2 bottles of formula. I guess we'll see how long that lasts I am over expressing, but I don't want to lose my supply JIC she suddenly decides to breastfeed properly... okay I know I'm dreaming but ah well.

Yay Jovie... u have made mummy happy again!! I hope she keeps it up Christy!

thats great christy...go Jovie!!!

Btw Meredith- i got heaps of great pressies
    -Diamond bracelet
    -diamond ring from leigh (not my engagment ring )lol
    also a pair of earrings from him
    -a cup with engraving on it
    -a key that ppl write on! made by leighs dad
    -lots of candles from dusk and a few other things from there
    -gucci envy me perfume
    -lomani perfume
    -frangapani clock, candles, and key holder
    -lots of soaps, bath oils, i must smell hahaha!!
    -self tanning cream
    -lip gloss
    -a set of photo frames
    -a big cup and saucer thing that u put a plant in!!
    -$100
    think thats it
    i did pretty well im very lucky
    Last edited by *EmJa*; April 16th, 2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: cant spell

Blanche woohoo on the gift haul! Laura and I had a girlie day today, and she asked me what I wanted for mothers day - we just happened to be outside a jewellery shop at the time. I saw a lovely necklace with a padlock type pendant, so we got the details, and I told her to tell DH. lol....we will see what happens.

Christy - thats fantastic! Make sure you keep patting yourself on the back. I think youre doing brilliantly. I told DH the other day that I would go and buy some formula, and he could be responsible for the feeding - I was feeling just a little over being the food supply, and him being the interactive toy! But I take it all back, and are very grateful that I havent had any problems, other then getting mastitis. I think you are a legend to have persisted. I hope you have a brilliant time away in Sydney. I wish I was going on holiday somewhere. DH's dad is arriving from England in 3 weeks so I am making sure that we are "holidaying" while he is here.

Meredith - yep - definately feel like each day can be very repetitive, and also feel very taken for granted on more then one occassion. Thankfully DH has gotten the hint, and has been very attentive the last week. He has been off work, and is starting a new job on Wednesday, so it has been lovely having him around to share the load. But I hear you darlin - united in motherhood we are! under appreciated, and misunderstood...lol I've been holding off on the solids too - I think its because I am not ready to go to that stage yet - it marks the end of complete "babyhood", and Aston is my last, so I guess I'm drawing it out....

Ann - Panic attacks sux! Since I went "enough", I have felt alot better. I have been setting up the study in our new house, and it is MY room. I paint so one end is going to be for my painting, and the other for the computer, and uni stuff when I get back into it next year. Its nice to have a place to escape to, even if it is only for 5 mins at a time...lol But this is one of the things that I have been doing to take care of me, and alviate the panic attacks - and so far it seems to be helping. That said, it could all go out the window tomorrow, but if it does it was nice while it lasted.

I will have to get Aston weighed, don't know how much he is now, and its been a couple of weeks since he was weighed. I want him to get to 8kg, so I can turn the car seat around.

Went to the last mother and baby group thing today, and looks like we will continue on meeting at the park on mondays. There are a couple of ladies that I really like, and could see some good friendships developing from it. I was a bit skeptical to begin with, but I'm glad I kept going.

Aston had a much better night last night, feeding once at 2, he stirred at 5, but went back to sleep after I popped the dummy back in, and didnt wake til 7. So that was nice, especially as I was able to get back to sleep relatively easily too.

Well DH is feeling neglected, so I guess I should go and pay some attention to him.

WELL done christy and Jovie!!! your such a trooper!!! hope it keeps up for you!!

BLANCHIE wow love you did do well!! i love unwrapping presents!! just go and layby the ring you want then give him the layby docket!!!

ANN wow on the toothiepegs!!! i think sophie may be teething as she's pulling at her ear!! sorry about the panic attacks

KIM any news on the next scan? hows the m/s going?

VICKY i'm with you on the solids thing!!! i feel the same, though sophie is not quite ready but i have bought some riv\ce cereal and pears for when she is, she's 6 months in 2 weeks to we'll start then!!!

MEREDITH dont you just love the giggles!!! makes it all soooo worth it!!!

I've bought Chels a jar of apples but not given it to her yet... she isnt ready i dont think. So many people say 'She should be eating solids by now you know'. And i just say well im not ready and nor is she.

Not sure on next scan, but wont be until the 18-20 mark. m/s is ok, still here but manageable. Its been hard of latr with Chels being so unsettled and irratable for me to rest. Night times are not good either, so all day im like a zombie and a grouch!

Olivia Guest

hey everyone.

Lugh is back on the solids, has been for a couple of weeks ( I'm so naughty ) ...anyway he loves it ..I reckon I could put a chop in front of him and he would eat it...lol. He seems to be sleeping longer ...I don't know if that has anything to do with it.....and having said that ....some nights are great and some nights I swear I'm going to put him out with the rubbish in the morning.

Are you guys finding that your babies are up for longer in the day ? Lugh seems to be happy for almost 2 hours before I put him down again.

It's so funny ....he is creeping backwards ..he wants to forward but instead he goes backwards ....this morning he ended up right in the corner of the room, miles from where I put him, miles from his toys as well. I presume this is happening cos of strong arms, weak legs ...

In other news ....arrrrghhhhh...ten mothers and babies at my house on Wed ...the house is a pigsty.

hope you and babies are all well.

Yeah. Ella's awake for 2 hours generally. If she had a restless night she'll only stay awake for an hour for the first stretch in the morning and will sleep for 2 hours after that. She still sleeps so much!

Good luck with the mother's group invasion

Ann

Emelia's awake longer now 1.5 - 2 hours, then only sleeps about 1/2 hour!!

sophies the same lasts approx 90 mins then back to bed usually sleeps 45-60 mins then up again!!

I must be the unlucky one here... Chels will stay awake the full 4 hours betwen feeds....she can go up to 5-6 hours before a 20 minute catnap then she is fine again.

My Baby just DOES NOT sleep!!

Happy Birthday Blanche!!!!

Thankyou Emelia must know its my birthday she slept for 3 hours

Olivia Guest

happy birthday blanche.

have just finished making stuff for the group tomorrow ....now I can't be stuffed making dinner ....pizza I think.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLANCHE

Olivia Guest

hey, I want to show you all a picture of Lugh but I'm not sure how to do it. Can anyone help ?

Can you create a ticker? and add a pic.... or if you upload a pic to a site, Eg. photo bucket?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast