Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

Yucky Morning sickness Kim. I was so glad when i got passed 12wks and it magically disappeared.

Ella has been screaming all afternoon. She bit me again so i got out the expressed BM and she guzzled it this morning. Then this afternoon, bit me and i pulled her off and she screamed. She was so upset she wouldnt even take the dummy. She grabed my finger and used it as a chew toy so i got the hint - she's teething again. I put some bonjela on but that wasnt enough she was still screaming in pain and wouldnt eat or drink. So i gave her a dose of panadol and she quietened down and was smiling but wouldn't eat or drink anything. Its worrying me because she hasnt had anything for the last 5hours and seems hungry but wont feed. What's happening today!!! I'm wondering if its from having my sister over last week...

sophie's 6 months today!!!!! boy times flies when your having fun!!!!!!!!!!

poor kim, m/s sucked for me too and i cant even remember what i did to help it! it feels like a lifetime ago!!
    evie's 6.95kg...can i just call it an even 7? i think we might just have to turn her seat around though she just sits in it leaning forward the whole time and it looks so uncomfortable.
    starting on some cereal today! i dont know if i should just cook her some bacon and eggs and send her off to school while i'm at it! where have these 5 months gone??!?!
    stuffy nose seems to be much better too thanks guys..i think she just had to tough it out, cos nothing much was really helping.
    well, im off to find a job today, i feel positive sick with worry but i'll get there

I was wow the other day at 5 months!!!!!

How did Evie go Tara with her cereal?

hey again

i am now officially hopeless at catching up lol

Christy: hope you had a great trip and sorry to hear Jovie is not well

Vicky: yah for a good overnight sleep

Kim: Sorry to hear about your m/s

AJP: yah to 6mths

Tara: Good luck wth the job hunting

ok sorry but i am only going on this thread

Cooper is going well, was 6mths on Friday and i missed it lol, thought it was sunday, not it matters but i usually like to remember on the day!
    He is eating solids fine, started him just before 6mths properly, still only once a day though, will work up to more later, not rushing into having an extra thing to do in my day lol
    he is sitting up by himself but also if he leans to get something the wobbles start
    i am teaching him up and down, i stand him on my legs holding his hands and i say down and he sits down then i say up and he pulls himself up, i laugh cause it feels like training a puppy but he likes it, he is trying to pull himself up to standing but not strong enough yet

I have been ravaged with shocking sinus and migraines over the last couple of weeks then bought a new computer and that all went back but is ok now thankfully, and i love Vista, have accounts set up with pics of all the family and they just log into there own stuff, love that i can half type something then press lock and they need a password to get back in so noone can touch what i am typing at the time, much easier to multitask on here and be able to get up and do stuff

I buit a private website for another public forum of nov mums i go too and that is going well, has a chat feature so that is a hit

Hi Belinda...good to see you...lol. Cooper is half a year!!! where oh where has it gone. Aston was 5mths on Sunday, and I feel like I wasn't looking while that was happening! He rolled over from his front to his back to day, so now he can roll all over...thinks he is very clever. He is sitting for little bits, til he reaches for something then wobbles over. I think he is teething, and he is enjoying biting down on my nipple!!

Kim - it will get done - the packing that is. I remember feeling so stressed about it all that it was never going to happen, but it did, and now I am here, and on the other side of it, enjoying the view! the only room not completely unpacked is MY room, my study/studio, but I am doing that at my pace, because its MY room, and I want it just so. Just do what you can, when you can, and try not to stress honey....take all offers of assistance - throw the super woman outfit out the window ok. I hope the m/s settles down soon for you hun.

Christy - thanks for the info re: amts of expressed milk. I decided that I would do enough to fill a 240ml bottle, that way DH can't say that there wasn't enough - got to be one step ahead of him! I think I will try and have a massage. I think I deserve one!
    Hope Jovie is feeling better soon.

Ann - wow more teeth! good idea about the expressing milk. I am not looking forward to that part, him actually having teeth to connect with...its bad enough right now!

Good luck on the job front Taralee.

Happy 6mth birthday Sophie!

hmmmm...what else is going on...not much, just counting down til I meet my DH's dad for the first time on Sunday... only been married for 3 years! they are staying for 3 weeks, so hopefully it will fun all round, and not a night mare. take care all

That would be pretty daunting Vicky... I know I would be a bit freaked out meeting IL's for the first time and for so long too.

No jobs for me *sigh of relief....no wait...gasp in financial-realisation panic*. Nevermind i'm just not stressing about it. it will all work out how its supposed to, it always does.
    Woke to evie making funny noises in the night and she'd rolled onto her tummy in her sleep! well needless to say i slept with one eye open!

Good luck meeting your "new" DIL Vicky...i see my IL's more than my own family, 4000km is a long way by bus!

Hope the sinus clears up Belinda, have you tried Brauer Sinus Relief? It's homeopathic and actually works quite well - needed some myself yesterday. must be a change in the weather.
    Well still sitting here in my jammies even tho i've done 3 loads of washing and ironing!
    Enjoy your day all!

TARA had you applied for some jobs or gave you and DH decided you dont have too!!!
    well done on the washing!! i got moticated yesterday to clean the house, just need to vacum today,if i can be bothered!!
    were having 6 month needles this morning!! not looking forward to it

Hugs to you and Sophie AJP...those needles come round all too quick don't they? and even though we tell ourselves its for the greater good, its that little loss of innocence that happens each time they are "hurt" I think that breaks my heart.if that makes sense at all!

I've been busy cleaning this morning too...running around with the vaccumm and washing and sorting out. This house is so big I decided I need a trolley to get stuff from one end of the other...like a postal service picking stuff up where it has all been dumped and deposting it to where it is supposed to be! Pity I'm the main offender of this, so I can't even moan at anyone!!

Christy, it is pretty daunting, and I admit I feel anxious about it. They are staying here at our house for a week, then moving down to a resort in Noosa after that. they originally were staying the whole time at the resort but because we moved to a much larger house I suggested it so I didn't have to drag Aston out every day, and drive 40 mins round trip each day. Plus its a big flight, so in the peaceful environment that is here where we live they can chill out and get adjusted to QLD time. and get to know ALL of us. including his son, because he is a very different person to the one that flew here from the UK. so it shall be interesting to say the least. DH is on holidays, so we are treating this like our annual holiday, doing all those holiday things that you do, with the added benefit of not having to pay for accomodation!!!

Your right Tara lee. everything happens in its own good time, and panicing about it doesnt make it happen any eaiser or quicker. Thats what I tell me self when I feel the raising panic of anything! and just let it happen. good for you!

well my hour of computer time is coming to an end. going to watch a new show on 7 about mums and bubs, and its all about the dad's today, so I am interested in watching it.
    have a good day girls

AJP - Good luck with the needles Sophie. Ella has her's on Thursday. Might get DH to hold her this time. I get so anxious i'm sure she now's somethings up.

Vicky - big pat on the back for cleaning. I'm so unmotivated Andrew had to ask me to bring the laundry in (its been sitting out for a day!)

Tara - Is Evie wrapped when she sleeps? Maybe bolsters will help keep her in place. I woke up last night and Ella had wriggled her way up the cot (she's wrapped) and into a corner.

Vicky - Good luck with the visitors About the biting, i'm still BF with the help of the ABA counsellors Had to go back to basics in attachment to get her to stop biting. She still does it sometimes but only if i'm not paying attention. But its not nearly as bad as it was a few days ago.

Belinda - LOL about the up/down game. I'll try this with Ella. She loves sitting and standing. This morning she started leaning against the coffee table with her hands gripping the sides. Ahhh they are learning fast.....

AJP - hope the needles went alright...Emelia has hers on the 23rd and im already dreading it lol, although last time she was much better!

Vicki - Goodluck with FIL, hope it all goes well..ill be watching that new show too not on here yet! ive missed the last 2 prob cos DP has it constantly on foxtel either that or i just forget!! (but) i like to blame him

Does anyone have trouble changing there bub?...the last week everytime i change Emelia on change table as soon as she lays down she will turn around and start reaching for things, its becoming quiet painful while trying to put her nappy on and dress her, i dont want to stop her from exploring, but it takes forever to change a nappy. Ive tried moving things out of her reach and out of site, also tried saying no Emelia, but yeah she just turns around for a sec and smiles!! cute but frustrating. :s

Hope everyone else is well

Blanche, Matilda did what we called "crocodile death rolls" and I would have to use one hand to hold her down and the other to change the nappy quickly & god help me if it was a poo LOL. But I started giving her books to look at while I changed her nappy so she had something to hold & that helped. Or I would give her a toy she can hold so I can distract her enough to change the nappy quickly.

Taralee $$ is scary isn't it. I am working one night a week & 2 weekends a month... hard to be away but we really need it... if only BB was a paid job then I'd be rich with all the time I spend on here....

Jovie's still sick, I've been having some gastro issues this morning, and I'm so close to calling DH home to help. Matilda's bored but I can't risk going out and being too far away from a toilet....

Thanks Christy ill have to give it a go i didnt even think to give her something to hold silly me

I had to call DP home when i was sick few weeks ago think it was gastro and yeah i too didnt want to risk going out !!! take care hope Jovie gets well soon poor little bub

Christy - hope you are feeling better soon, as too Jovie. change of season always does this doesnt it, bring out all the bugs!

Blanche - like christy suggested, a toy or a book to look at while changing, thats what I give aston, he also has something that is attached to the changetable, a Noah's ark, music thingy, and he chews and plays with the animals. singing too has been a good distraction. He HATES getting dressed, and does the flipping thing over then.

Ann - Did DH not think that maybe he could take the washing off the line? Sorry...but hey, all for equal opportunity say I. Drives me up the wall that what we do all day with the babies isnt given or recognised as being as the same value... oops think I'm getting on my soap box a bit here aren't i?

I watched that show, it was very interesting. I loved the fact that the men were very honest when asked about whether they felt the equivilant of mother guilt - father guilt, and they replied no. when they are doing something else, they are doing something else, when they are right there being dad, they are right there, and if for some reason they have to be there to be dad asap, well off they go. Maybe we can learn something from that - to stop feeling perpetually guilty for everything in the whole world!

got a girlfriend coming for lunch, so will be nice to catch up with her, and then getting my hair cut this afternoon, minus children!!! so will enjoy an hour of being pampered.

caio

were back home, poor poppet screamed the not this time!!!!but came home, boobie and bed!! hopefully we wont get a temp this time.

CHRISTY hope your feeling better soon!!!nothing worse than the runs!!!

BLANCHE we have sophies mobile actually over the change table so she plays with that when changing, she's pretty good just doesnt like me taking too long!

Poor Sophie, hope she is ok and no temp either.

Goodluck Vicky with your FIL, would be strange meeting him for the first time!

Blanche i give Chels rattles to play with or she watches the clock will i do nappy change.... clothes dressing it takes DH to hod her while i dress.... she loves being a nudey bum!!

Christy, hope your feeling better soon... having a bad trot with sickness in your house

Luua,Good to hear Ella isnt using your boob as a chomping toy as much now!!

For me, we are doing good, Chels is rosy red today, a screaming mess, wont feed, every nappy is a pooey one, 1am this morning we had to do a complete outfit change as she had dirtied all singlet and suit. Poor muffin. Sleep today is non existant and just wants to be held. Im off to book her needles in for the end of the month!

Oh... im tad excited... 28th May i have my 19 week scan and we are going to find out the sex... but not tell any one!!!

awww I hope Chelsea gets better!!

I am delaying the start of some of Jovie's vaccinations and she hasn't had any yet... our appt was Thursday but looks like it will be delayed longer. I don't want her to get more sick because of a weakened immune system ykwim?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast