Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #3

Hello everyone!

Hoody - wish your lil gal happy 2nd from us! Wow, you must be so busy being a mum to two little ones. I take my hat off to you! LOL about the chatting to the BBs also. Caden has done this since he was born. It is VERY cute and a lovely private conversation only the two of you can have.June78 - glad to hear the nights are getting better. I know I have suggested a few times to give a big feed before bed, I am not sure that is an option? It might help drop one of the feeds?

Twinsis - well done on the transition to his own room! LOL about the funny dream, but I guess in time these will become less frequent. Great that he only has one feed at night, at least you can get some more sleep now.

Heather28 - I hope your DH gets better. It is not good when they are sick cos it makes double the work for you, and you also have to look after them. But that is the selfish point of view - they are the ones that are feeling really bad I hope it is not too serious, these things can escalate pretty badly if not taken care of quickly.

Holly84 - Wow, what a birth huh? The totally main thing is that the bub comes out ok. I have always wondered about some women that will do anything for a natural birth, even put at risk their babies (I am talking about the extremes, rather than the preference for a natural birth which I think most mothers want). It is sad that there is so much pressure on women to do the "natural" way. I have heard alot of women talk about the guilt from having a C section, or having to bottle feed, etc. In a world that seems focussed on the "ideal" it is hard when you have to make decisions that are slightly to the left of that. But really, you do it for the love of your child and that is all that matters I have learnt that what is best for your child is what is best for your child!

As for us WE HAVE TEETH! Yay, two bottom teeth have finally reared their extremely pointy and sharp heads. It has coincided with extreme grumpiness and irritability, and an amazing vocalisation ability. He just chats and chats now, can't shut him up. Particularly if he is alone and just doing his own thing in his cot or on the floor. Very very cute.

Well, best make a cuppa and get dressed before the little fella wakes up. Enjoy your week!

Hi all,

thanks for all the kind thoughts on DH. He has an appointment in 2 hrs, so he will be moving foraward after that...

Kimberley is actually asleep in her cot.. Not something I can normally achieve in the day, but she was so grumpy, I had to make her sleep.. Was running my finger over he gum, and there was a rough bit down the bottom, so maybe a tooth.. Am hoping so as she isn't normally a grizzly/grumpy girl.. Although she realised this morning that with her new squeal, she can be louder than me...

Dragonbub - Your comment to Holly about 'what's best for baby is what's best for them' - Had to have a giggle at that one.. I was having this conversation with MIL yesterday and I think it was the first time we have agreed on anything in the 7 years DH and I have been together.. Apparently SIL insisted on BF through PND and bub suffered for it.. And I found out that there were comments made about my elective c-section (for medical reasons) and I FF.. But comparing the 2 at this age, MIL says that Kimmy is far more content.

June - Am sure that your house will be fine.. With what you've been through with Jacob, not to mention adapting to motherhood, housework isn't the highest priority on my list either. I will even bake some cookies or scones to bring over (not sure where this domestication is coming from though)..

We are also looking at christening Kimberley beginning of May to suit family, so we can be stressed together about the IL's visiting and if we are doing things right

My DH is obviously not too concerned about our apparent lack of together time.. He has even brought up the topic of #2.. I was mucking about and said that if he insists on me not going back to FT work after my year of maternity leave, then I want to try to have another baby next year (instead of waiting or original 2 - 2.5 years before TTC). He thought about it for a while, and I caught him telling Kimmy that she is hopefully going to be a big sis soon. SO fatherhood has brought out an even softer side in him...

Off to do a few things so that I can keep my word and cook something..

Take care everyone..

Well hubby went to the Dr and came home with a swag of anti-biotics and cough syrup, so hopefully he will be on the mend soon. he is still insisting on us going away for the weekend..

June - I managed to cook, so if you are on a diet, you will have to through it out the window for the afternoon.. I went the cookies instead of scones, and then had to make a 2nd batch for DH, he never seems to be too sick for cookies..

Thinking of doing nothing but putting my feet up tonight...

Heya girls!

There's quite a few newbies now so please bear with me while i try to remember everyone's names!

Dragonbub - woot! on the teeth. Strongly suspect they're on the way here but not for a while yet. Keep forgetting to tell you, I did the bottle of ebm before bed trick (just cause I needed to use it or throw it out, it was coming up to its use by date) and it made no difference to DS's sleep. In fact he woke earlier than normal for his next feed! That's my boy!

Hoody - hope Mia had a great 2nd bday!

Heather - DS learnt to squeal last week - it's fun aint it! He's kinda over it a bit now and on to other things so my ears are getting a break. We started TTC # 2 just before DD's first bday, unfortunately we lost our second bub and have a bigger gap than we'd have liked, but good on you for jumping straight back in! LOL.

Twinsis - WTG on getting Cameron into his own room! Was one of the best things we did with DS sleep wise. He improved out of sight when we moved him. I was heartbroken though and am still sleeping in the spare room next to him, just to stay close

June - DS is sleeping and feeding almost identical to Jacob overnight. I'm totally fine with it. I know there's this massive deal about babies sleeping through but my philosophy is that it's completely normal for a 4 month old baby to wake for feeds over night. I'm not feeling the pressure for him to sleep through - would I like more sleep? Of course! But he'll do it when he's ready.

Holly - Welcome! I have a big boy too - just under 8kg at last check! He was born 8 lb 11oz, but started packing it on from birth. We were averaging 300g a week until recently!

Tummy time - I'd never remember to do it for ages, did it every now and then for a few weeks but then DS started rolling and is on his tummy all the time now, so I wouldn't worry about it, they'll do it in their own time.

Not much happening here. Took DS to the osteo again today and she said he's improved so much she doesn't want to see him for a month His sleeps have been good, 3x 1.5hrs (sometimes 2) during the day and sleeping and settling well with feeds at night. He had a bit of a shocker yesterday, but that might have something to do with the whole easter bunny chocolate I ate the day before
    Last edited by Willow; March 10th, 2008 at 07:18 PM.

Hey everyone

Willow - Yeah Thomas was putting on bout 300 grams in a wk until recently as well. He loves his milk!!

Dragonbub - Teeth!! Wow, that is exciting. I suspect Thomas is teething but not 100% sure.

Twinsis - I still have Thomas in our room, only becuase we are living at my parents place as we have just moved from QLD back to NSW to be near all my family. I dread when I have to put him into his own room

Thomas is still waking up through the night but it doesnt bother me either as when he wakes it only takes no more than 10 minutes to feed him and he is straight back to sleep. Sometimes he nearly sleeps through, but normally he wakes up at 2.30 or so for a feed but once he wakes he tends to wake every 2-3 hrs after that. Its all good but. Being a bigger baby I put it down to him needing more tucker!

Dragonbub- Well done on the teeth how exciting for you. Are you Bfing? can you feel the diff if so?

Holly- LOl at the bigger baby needing more tucker i have a wee one and she feeds lots too so i dont know what the deal is here with us.

Willow- Naughty you on the easter bunny I am on a bit of a health kick so i am just jealous.

Heather- So glad your DH went to the Dr hopefully he is on the mend and will be good as new in no time. I started TTC#2 when DD1 was 10 months old and have a 20 month gap between my girls and love them been so close. Yes its very hard at times but i wouldnt change it for the world.

June- GL with the Christening preps. I got DD1 done at 6 months and want to use the same gown so i have to wait until Molly fits in it. Could be a while yet she is still so little.

Suse, Limeslice, Twinsis and anyone i've missed- How are you all going?

Well another shocking day here with insomnia bub again. Oh well she has to sleep sometime doesnt she I think it is still a milk supply issue but i just dont know. I have been told i can do a study by the uni measuring my prolactin levels etc and weighing bub b4 abd after feeds for a few days but TBH it all is starting to feel like a bit to much hard work. I am going to finish the Motilium i have (enough to get me to about 5 and 1/2 months) Then re assess weather i should FF. If we are still having probs then i think i will. I feel i have given this my all and cant do much more if she is happier FF then i will be happier too IYKWIM. I FF DD1 and she turned out just fine Thankyou all for the birthday wishes for DD1 we had a BBQ yesterday but her B'day is actually tomo. It is her daycare day but she is still going - i will just pick her up earlier than normal as my mum is coming over mid arvo. I have been very good the last 2 weeks eating well and working out and am back to my pre Molly weight....YAY. I'll never be back to pre DD1 weight but hey after 2 kids i cant complain too much.

Just a quickie!

Thanks to all re the teeth congratulations. Hoody - no I can't feel the difference, although maybe at times he has a little tease with his teeth, but never chomps down. I flinch a little when I feel them, but then he stops. He likes his milk too much to stop sucking and chew

Willow - LOL about the waking up earlier than usual! Just goes to show how different they all are? Caden sometimes will only feed off me and not the bottle, and it doesn't make a difference to his waking time. Last night I fed him again at 10 pm cos that is when we got home from dinner out, and he still woke up at 6 begging for a feed!

Hoody - Honestly, you have done SO well so far. I know it only matters what you think, and not others, but it seems to me you have struggled so much and have really shown dedication for your little girl. Even if you end up FFing, you have allowed her the very best of you in the most important time of her life, from here on in it is not as much of an issue as it was when she was newborn.

Holly84 - yeah I hear ya! I got me a big bubba too, but he must just take really big feeds about 4 times a day, instead of lots of little ones. Although he sometimes feeds 3 hourly still, 4 hourly feeds are rare. But he does sleep through the night and is putting on about 150 grms average a week, so I suppose he is getting enough.

Willow - LOL about the chocolate! Can't believe it is easter so soon.

Heather28 - I really believe what I said - even some mums that have elective C section for their own personal reasons are completely justified in doing so, as far as I am concerned. I know a lass who had a C sec cos she had been abused as a girl and couldnt' face the internals. Honestly, whatever the reason, it is completely personal choice, and only YOU have to live with it. Therefore no one should have to justify if they FF, or C section, or any of the other choices that we make as mothers, cos we are doing the best we can for our bubs.

Well, gotta go feed bubs for the night, seeyas!

Heather i have had 2 CS and TBH i dont care what ppl think the 1st was and emergency the 2nd elective due to medical reason as well as some personal issues. I FF DD1 and she turned out fine too. Because of my 2nd CS i do feel more pressure to BF this time however it is pressure i put on myself not from others iykwim. Good on you for doing what works for you and your family

Hoody good on ya for sticking to what you beleive. Its honestly what is best for each indivual as we are all so different. I had to have an emergency caesar for Thomas too and thankfully I did as he was 10 pnd 6 oz. Next time around I will elect to have a caesar as well because that is what I feel is best for the baby and I. (Not that I am having my next baby for a while yet)!!

Dragonbub congrats on the teeth. Oh and your suggestion of the bottle of ebm before bedtime would probably work wonderfully if Jacob would take a bottle. We have been trying over the last few weeks but he is pretty certain of were his milk is supposed to come from and it is not a bottle. Have tried a few different types but he just screws up his face like he has been poisoned as some as some milk passes his lips

Willow - LOL at the chocolate. I occasionally wonder if something i have eaten upsets the balance here too. But i find it really hard to pin it down to anything. We were up every 2 hours last night from midnight. He wasn't too unsettled and went back to sleep reasonably well. Maybe it was all those cookies I ate yesterday (thanks Heather)

Holly84 - Thomas's waking sounds pretty normal too. Although there is no way I could still have Jacob in our room. He is so damn noisy!

Hoody - with what you have been through you have kept going a lot longer than many would have. You obviously have to make the decision you feel is best for you and Holly. Although the uni study could be interesting it could just be placing more stress on you.

Heather28 - thanks for the cookies yesterday! I hope DH is on the mend for you. Hopefully he is better by the weekend, because either way it sounds like you are going away.

Hi Twinsis and limeslice - hope you are all well

Hi all,

Well I am having a me day today.. DH has gone for a 2 hr drive to pick the caravan up for the weekend and will be gone till mid-afternoon, It looks like we are going away for the weekend regardless. Kimberley is booked into daycare on Wednesday's so she is there, and I called in sick at work. They tried to make me feel guilty but after looking after DH and DD I am so tired. It also just sealed the thoughts in my head about returning f/t later in the year, a big NO.

Dragonbub - I might be misreading your reply, but I totally agree with your comments about doing what's right for bub, no matter the reasons, people shouldn't be judged. As you say, we are all great doing the best we know how. I was venting a little about SIL (as IL's don't respect my decisions on a lot of things, but we won't go there), and I know that she thought what she was doing was best for bub, hence the reason I didn't tell her it might be wrong move, just to consider all options.. She can't show me the same courtesy and has the nerve to tell us how we should be bringing up DD.

Hoody - I really admire you for putting pressure on yourself and sticking to it.. No matter why you put the pressure on, it is obviously working, and you are doing great.. When the time comes for us, I will be a tad wiser with number 2 and might stick things out a bit longer than I did with DD..

June - glad you enjoyed the cookies, and I am out to buy one of those airwarp things, had issues again last night and had a cry I never heard before when she got stuck..

Well I am off to go to get some money back from Medicare, post some photos of DD to family, and enjoy doing all this without trying to work out a feed schedule.

Hi all,

Well I am having a me day today.. DH has gone for a 2 hr drive to pick the caravan up for the weekend and will be gone till mid-afternoon, It looks like we are going away for the weekend regardless. Kimberley is booked into daycare on Wednesday's so she is there, and I called in sick at work. They tried to make me feel guilty but after looking after DH and DD I am so tired. It also just sealed the thoughts in my head about returning f/t later in the year, a big NO.

Dragonbub - I might be misreading your reply, but I totally agree with your comments about doing what's right for bub, no matter the reasons, people shouldn't be judged. As you say, we are all great doing the best we know how. I was venting a little about SIL (as IL's don't respect my decisions on a lot of things, but we won't go there), and I know that she thought what she was doing was best for bub, hence the reason I didn't tell her it might be wrong move, just to consider all options.. She can't show me the same courtesy and has the nerve to tell us how we should be bringing up DD.

Hoody - I really admire you for putting pressure on yourself and sticking to it.. No matter why you put the pressure on, it is obviously working, and you are doing great.. When the time comes for us, I will be a tad wiser with number 2 and might stick things out a bit longer than I did with DD..

June - glad you enjoyed the cookies, and I am out to buy one of those airwarp things, had issues again last night and had a cry I never heard before when she got stuck..

Well I am off to go to get some money back from Medicare, post some photos of DD to family, and enjoy doing all this without trying to work out a feed schedule.

heather28 - no, you have not misunderstood! All my sisters, including my step sisters, have babies or kids. That makes 14 babies in total (and another 2 on the way!) and gives me a wealth of knowledge to draw from. I have found a little group of gals that I hang out with quite a bit judgemental. They never say anything directly to me, it will be comments like "such and such is formula feeding, gosh SHE gave up so easy, she must have no patience!" I detest hearing such comments because the poor mother has probably gone through so much to come to that decision, and she is not there to defend herself, and nor should she have to! I wish in some respects people could just back off and keep their comments to themselves. We are all doing the very best we know how.

Sorry to rant, I am just a bit passionate about this! Imagine how much easier this would be if there were no encumberances on us or judgement, from the media, family, or society in general.

Ok, off my high horse now heh heh.

OMG another reasonable night last night If this continues (feeding 6-7pm, 11pm and then 7am) I will be putting Molly in her own room this weekend. I am still a little worried that if we are up more in the night we will disturb DD1.
    DD1 had a lovely birthday though still had bad asthma up until lunchtime today. I hope by tomo she is 100%. I really hope we dont go down the 'asthma path' with Molly its so scary to watch your child struggle to breath and then to have to hold them down etc to administer a nebuliser or ventalin. I find it very traumatising. DH has been lovely today and had both girls late this arvo so i could go food shopping alone- very exciting as it never happens When i came home he had suprised me and both girls where bathed and ready for bed and all by 6pm. I went to a body shop party at a friends at 7pm and came home to a nice tidy house and my floors done this is very unusual for my DH he is not all that domestic. He will normally play with the girls etc but bathing and cleaning is almost unheard of so i am very pleased. He was very proud of himself to might i add
    Well we are still BFing though i really do think i will just push myself to 6 months and then see how i feel. I am finding it so draining as even on the Motilium my supply still isnt great. Dont get me wrong its ok but if i dont drink/eat enough it drops if i am stressed i cant get a let down and i never seem to satisfy her iykwim she never finishes a feed and is happy she always wants more but refuses when she has to work to hard to get anything- maybe she's just lazy although i really enjoy doing it and would like to continue i feel i have given it my best shot. Maybe i am having a bad week i dont know as i said i will push through to 6 months and go from there.

Sorry i wont do personals i'm tired so i am off to feed then sleep.

Hoody - what an awesome DH! Big pats on the back to encourage future performance bummer about DD1s asthma. My mum suffers from it and I have had to take her to the hosp a few times. I agree, it is extremely scary, I just can't imagine how it must feel to have your own child suffer from it.

June78 - I think it was you that mentioned MCNs? I have just purchased a trial pack of itti bittis to give a go. DH was not too impressed, and he stubbornly refuses to use them when we get them, but I am looking forward to it. I hope they work ok? I have heard from several sources that they are good for "boys bits" as they don't overheat. I have just been feeling like putting Caden in something a bit more natural, I hate the feeling of plastic on his beautiful skin.

Everyone else - hope you are having a good week?

DB - MCN rock!! We're in them full time now and love it! (well during the day at least, he doesn't' have a nappy good enough to last overnight yet, hoping to rectify this soon but night nappies can be exy) Used cloth with DD till 5 months but back then didn't know that MCN existed so we were doing the old terry flats and after a while it was almost impossible to fit clothes over the top.

Be warned...MCN are very addictive!!

BBL...

Oh so happy. Jacob slept so well last night. Feed at 6:30pm, 10pm, 2:30am and then 6am. Best nights sleep ever!!!!

He is asleep again now after our Baby Massage Class so I might even try and get a bit more sleep in.

Sorry no personals right now. Just wanted to share my news (hope I haven't jinxed myself by being too happy about it).

June - our boys are very similar. We had the same night on Tuesday night, last night was a different story

I was hoping it would continue, but ah well, we'll get there eventually.

Oh oh, gotta go he's just woken up...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast