Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #3

Default Babies Born November 2007 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie -
    [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hi all (ohh i'm first) - just a quicky from dp's compter because my mac died. Uber

All is good in very wet Euan and Suse land (we're a bit flooded up here). Think we're getting teeth. We've definitely got laughs. So cute.

Hi to all, will try to do personals soon and welcome to the new girls!!

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOODY!

Hi Suse,

think we are getting teeth too. Kimberley was staying with a friend on Friday who mentioned her actions and the lady at daycare today also mentioned to DH when he picked her up.. Makes you realise how quickly they grow up..

Will try and chat to all tomorrow, am actually off for a nice relaxing bath cause both DD & DH are asleep (and I am shattered after a mind draining day at work, starting to regret that decision now, but only 3 days a week till July then think I might quit as they won't let me stay part-time)

Howdy all,

Hope you are all doing well...

Just wondering, can anyone shed some light on how much tummy time I should be doing with Brooke? I generally have her on her tummy for about 5 mins a time about 3-4 times a day (she seems to get tired of it after about 5 mins and lets you know about it). Is this enough? Should I be doing more? She seems to be holding her head up well (doesn't lift herself up yet and no rolling yet).

Suse... laughs are great aren't they!! So cute. Brooke started blowing rasperries the other day and thought it was hillarious - we had a whole day of blowing rasperries at each other!!
    Heather... Good on you for managing 3 days/week - I'm working 3-4 hrs at night from home (after Brooke goes to sleep) and half a day in the office a week which is enough for me at the moment!

Me (30) DH (31)
    Brooke (14 weeks)
    Last edited by Belinda*; March 5th, 2008 at 10:19 PM.

Hi girls no time for personals as its late and i'm tired but thankyou all for your birthday wishes. We had BBQ tonight with all my IL's so my day has been very full on. Molly was super unsettled this arvo which didnt help. Nothing i did settled her and she literally cried from 12.10 til about 4pm. Luckily DD1 had a day sleep so 2hrs of that time wasnt too bad but boy is it hard work when i have to give dd1 attention too. I will be taking Molly to be weighed in the morning but am not to worried as i think i can see and feel that she is getting bigger. I have also bought the next size up in nappies i will just use the last of my NB then its into big girl ones I am also starting to try to TT dd1 as of next week as she is showing signs she is ready. It will be good to only have one lot of nappies to change but at the same time if we have too many accidents i'd rather 2 in nappies than my carpets been ruined iykwim and she is only 2 next week so i dont see the need to rush her if she's not quite ready. Well i hope you are all well and your bubbas are all been angels

Gee, I posted a comment yesterday, but it is not here! Nor in the old thread as well...

Anyhoo, just a quickie to recap - happy birthday Hoody! Good luck on the weight gain

Belinda - sounds like that is enough tummy time. Apparently bubs that don't like it eventually get to love it the stronger they get, so they can look around and stuff. She can do what she needs to do to be able to lift her head, so it sounds like her muscles are developing. It seems to be one of "those things" like breast feeding, natural birth etc that is the "ideal" to do - but it doesn't always work for you IYKWIM? From the sounds of it, I wouldn't worry too much.

All good here, must have teeth soon cos he is literally munching everything in site! He bit me today when I put him on his tummy for a bit of a back massage. As soon as I turned him over he looked at me straight in the eye and bit my hand with this evil look and a grin! Cheeky monkey...

Have a great week everyone!

Hi all,
    Well I'm back for the time being anyway. Jacob is down for a sleep now so I can update you all and maybe even do some personals. - WARNING LONG POST!!!

Thanks for all your support over the last week or so. I am feeling a bit more confident than I was before about his sleeping now. I am not quite sure what has changed or what has made the difference but we have gone from being up overnight every 1-2 hours (with at least half an hour settilng time in there) and only one sleep cycle during the day (and up to an hour a half settling time), down to last night he was only up twice, both times for a feed (1am and 5am) and he was straight back down to sleep afterwards. He is also now doing two 1.5-2 hour sleeps during the day and maybe a shorter one if the afternoon. Its funny because last night my mum stayed over so she could get him back to sleep for us and she ended up just picking him up, giving him to me for a feed and then going back to bed, but I love her for coming over. Running on max 1.5hours sleep at a time was starting to do my head in a bit. So what did we do? Well we have started wrapping him again for every sleep, took him to a chiropractor and also saw a homeopath. Like I said before not sure if anything of those things made any difference, or if he decided to settle down on his own I don't know and I don't care. The last couple of days have been getting progressively better, so I am praying that we are over that issue for the time being. At the moment I am still rocking him to sleep during the day. We did try Tresillians tips about self-settling and I was trying to follow them, but after a few days he started to panic every time I went near the cot. I am not sure if I was doing it wrong, or not but I will leave that for a little bit. I would much rather work on him sleeping soundly at night than worry too much about how he goes to sleep, especially in my sleep deprived state. I was getting pretty emotional for awhile there.

Oh and I tried to get help from the community health nurses in Brisbane and got completely stuffed around. In fact I had a bit of an emotional meltdown in the clinic this week after being promised help and then being told that they "don't do sleep here". Was a bit suprised that they handed me a feedback form on the way out, but I will definitely be filling it in. I think a few people got in a little bit of trouble after I left, but it didn't help me much. Luckily I have a fabulous partner and wonderful parents who have put things on hold over the last few weeks to help.

Anyway until the next sleep issue arises, I am hoping we are over it

Ok on to personals - I apologise if some of this is out of date

Welcome Heather and Belinda, glad you could join in.

Heather - so happy your mum and dad are moving closer. It will make it so much easier for work. Although bummer that work arent being understanding about you wanting to be part-time. I will def try and have our mothers group at my place this week, but will send you an email!

Belinda - sounds like you are getting enough tummy time to me

Willow - congrats on graduating sleep school, that is so fabulous. No rolling here, in fact he isn't even trying. I'm not worried though, in fact I'm dreading it a little. It means they are growing up so fast. We will probably start on rice cereal soon too. Maybe ours will both start sleeping through once we do

Dragonbub - How are the elusive teeth going? It seems to go on forever doesn't it. Oh and I understand about together time. Especially over the last month it has been pretty bad. Plus I can't get the boy to take a bottle, so I can't leave him for longer than about 4 hours in case he wakes and needs a feed. I hope your special dinner plans smooth things over.

Hoody - Crossing my fingers for your weighin today

Twinsis - hang in there with getting Cameron in to his own room. You will get used it it soon.

Suse - i am watching the news and hoping you aren't getting too wet. I lived in Townsville for a while so know all about the feeling of being flooded in.

Limeslice - what on earth in the nappy hunt? Have I missed something in my sleep deprived state?

We have a 4 month needles tomorrow. They were supposed to have been on Monday, but the dr wanted to check a few things in case he was getting sick. And I went to a baby massage class today which was great. That might help with the sleep too!

Thanks again for your help and support. I have been lurking over the last little while, but just not doing much else.

Dragonbub- lol at the lil monkey biting you wait until he has a mouth full of teeth. DD1 is a biter- when she's mad/frustrated/angry and sometimes even in excitment- ouch. Glad to hear you are both doing well.

June- So glad to see you back with us in brighter spirits. I hope you are getting more and more sleep each day. It's horrid been sleep deprived. I still wrap Molly for every sleep and have to rock her for most of her day sleeps too but at night she will go down with no fuss.

Well had our weigh in today and YAY Molly is 4.56kg now so almost 100g gain I am starting to relax a little more about her putting on as i can see she is alot happier and has more wet nappies etc. Last night and the night before she has had 3am feeds again so i am a little bit tired. I'd gotten use to feeding at 11 then 6 but as i said the last 2 nights have been 6pm, 11pm, 3am and 7.30am. I dont really mind as from her 6pm feed she goes straight to bed with no probs and only wakes for a quick feed with no need for me to settle her. Why is it she's so good at self settling at night but during the day is a diff story altogether? Well DD1 has decided she doesnt want a nap and is screaming at her door to come our -grr so i better go.

Grr- DH has been feeling unwell the last few days, just very achy and tonight said his throat was sore and got me to look. His tonsils are covered in puss so i suspect he has tonsilitis. As if thats not horrible enough a friend picked Molly up today and commented she was hot so i checked her temp and sure enough it was high. I gaver her some panadol and she seems ok in her self but now i'm worried she is getting sick too. I hope not but we will see i guess only time will tell.

Hi all,

Belinda, Kimberley hated tummy time when she was younger and lucky if we made her do it every 2nd day, but now she rolls there herself, so I wouldn't worry. (mind you she gets distressed occassionly cause she can't roll back). When she is ready, she will spend a lot of time there.

Hoody, I have been dealing with a sick DD, DH and a bit sniffly myself for the last week. Kimberley has cleared up heaps quicker than DH (they did have a sick day together and I went to work so I am sure that was interesting).. So I really feel for you, at least DD had an excuse to feel miserable cause she can't take anything, DH on the other hand, well we won't go there..

June - yep Mum and Dad leave Darwin tomorrow

Hi all

I am new to this thread but was hoping to join as I have a son who was born on 13 November 2007. Here is a little info about him... Thomas was 10 pound 6 oz (4.705kg)born and was 60cm long! big boy I know. He hasnt stopped thats for sure now weighing bout 8.5 kg and he is 16 wks. He is purely breastfed!! Mum calls me the milk tanker cause i have so much milk. I still only use one side each time to feed him. The milk sprays out in 3 sprays most of the time! I think he might be teething at the moment cause he is chewing on absolutely everything and he clothes end up wet because he dribbles so much.

Belinda - Thomas really didnt like tummy time to start off with and I only ever use to put him on there for a couple of minutes at a time and was usually only ever once every couple of days. He is use to it now and doesnt mind it as much.

June78 - Thomas has just started waking for feeds at 1am and 5am. Throughout the night he wakes at different times. last night he slept from 7pm to him 1 am fed and then woke every 2 hours after that and wanted to be fed, so i dont know. He is a big baby so maybe he is going through a grown spurt or something

Wink

Hello All!It seems that "together time" is an issue for all of us I guess that means we are normal, even tho it is taking its toll.Hoody - congrats on the weigh in hun, seems as though the feeds and motulim are working well. Good luck for the next few weeks, hopefully things will settle down and you can come off the drug. If not, at least your gal is putting on weight, and that is the main thing.Holly84 - Welcome! Wow what a whopper of a bub, was it all natural? He must be a good muncher. Excellent that you have such a great milk supply, it is one less stress to worry about, and with such a big bubba, you would need the extra milk just to keep up with him. Congratulations.Hey June78 - glad to hear night sleeps are getting better. As for your question, apparently they have "day" sleep cycles from about 6-8 weeks, which is why they start having sleep issues around then, and "night" sleep cycles at around 6 months, so normally they sleep fine at night and have day troubles until they are 6 months. I guess it just shows the importance of getting things as smooth as possible now, so when the night waking starts, we are already in good habits.Well, perhaps we are having a bit of a "wonder week" atm cos Caden has been quite unsettled. Today he has a runny nose and has either been grumbly or asleep for most of the day. The last few days he has only been having a short afternoon nap and is very agitated come dinner/bath/bed time. I am hoping it is yet another phase and it will pass cos I have gotten used to my easy going bubba!He IS making the most cutest noises tho, and he does this thing with his bottom lip, sucking it under his top one, that has me and DH in complete hysterics! He is gooing all over the place and is so dam adorable that my heart almost bursts with love. Sorry for the mush, just wanted to share the love!!Have a great weekend ladies, especially to our newbies

Hey dragonbub

I was in labour for 17 hours before they decided that things werent progressing as fast as they would have liked and then Thomas actually pooed inside so he was stressing, so in the end i had to have an emergency caesar and found out once he was born that he had his hand wedged up his head and it was coming out sideways. So it wasnt all natural for me, but probably a good thing otherwise i would of have just as many stitches down there as i did with the caesar.

Thomas has decided that sucking in his bottom lip is his new trick, as well chewing on everything and pulling his dummy out of his mouth and putting it back in, no matter what way!

Hope everyone else is having good times. enjoy the weekend!

I only have a couples seconds as I have to get dinner started before Cameron wakes up, but i wanted to pop and and say hi and read up on how you've all been doing.

We finally got Cameron into his own room. I think it's been maybe 4 nights now. I only have to get up once in the night to feed him and I just bring him back into our room to feed him (have to feed him lying down cuz I'm so tired) and then I take him back to his own room. Even though his room is right next door I am using the baby monitor as it's the only way I can go to sleep without worrying i won't hear him. Last night I kept having to go in and help him settle but he's doing pretty good on his own.

I've only had one weird dream since moving him to his crib. Hubby fell asleep on the couch last night and so he came to bed quite late. When he climbed in to bed he tried to cuddle up to me but I pushed him away telling him the baby was in the bed feeding and not to squish him. My husband laughed and asked "the bay's in the bed? Where?" I woke up a bit and looked around only to realize I had already put the baby to bed hours ago. Ooops.

Hello all,

Holly- Welcome you sure do sound like you have a nice big healthy bubba. We have 2 extremes between us My Molly has the same birthday as Thomas but instead of been 10lb 6oz she was 6lb 10oz and only 49cm long and at 16 weeks is only 4.5kg still! Glad your BFing is going smoothly for you I wish our journey so far had been so smooth sailing. I have had lots of supply issues.

Heather- apart from the temp that one arevo Molly seems ok so maybe i was wrong and she isnt getting sick I hope your family is all well and over been sick.

Dragonbub- You dont sound mushy you just sound happy and its lovely.

Twinsis- Well done on putting Cameron in his own room- very brave. It must be nice to be getting some better sleep. LOL at the funny dreams though.

Well so far we have had a fairly good weekend. Molly had been pretty good most of the time and our evenings and nights are improving. We've even had on night where she went from 7.30pm til 5am but i think it was a fluke as she hasnt done it since. I'm getting pretty good at not getting much sleep though and still been able to function. She has been very cute though this past few days popping off the boob to have a chat to me and a giggle then she goes back for more. I didnt realise my BB where so amusing Its DD1s 2nd birthday on Tue so we are having a BBQ this arvo with family and a few close friends so i best be off lots to do.

hello,

again it is so quiet, DH & DD are both in bed.. DH has a 4am rise, and being sick has gone to bed.. DD is so tired from our night out 10 pin bowling last night. She amazed me and was so well behaved and I hardly knew she was there.

Hoody - great to see that Molly was just having a moment and not appearing to be ill.. Kimberley is ok with just a cough every now and them and the occasional vomit of mucus.. Besides that wouldn't know she had been sick.. DH on the other hand, my diagnosis is bad bronchitis or pnemonia.. He told me he was coughing blood this morning and have finally convinced to him to see dr tomorrow. Even just to put my mind at rest. So fingers crossed he comes home and not admitted to hospital!!

Twinsis - We moved into our spare room to be nearer Kimberley (the spare room is next to her, our room is at the other end of the house).. The moniter kept me awake the same as having her in our room.. At least being next to her, I can hear her.. I have the strange dreams too, but they are usually as she makes a noise, it is my subconscious brain telling me I need to see her. Every time I have one of these dreams and wake, she is stirring, not crying yet, but on her way (normally has herself stuck with feet outside the cot).

Dragonbub - Aren't the gooing and other goings on so cute... Kimberley has learnt to squeal and she is so good at getting my attention with it whenever I am on the phone!! At least our family knows that I am not kidding, but it is cute squeal...

Holly - Welcome - and oh to have had your milk supply.. Mone just wouldn't come through, tried all the herbals, old wives tales and even prescribed medication, but nothing brought it on fully, so switched to formula early on, but was lucky that I can breastfeed twice a day with some of the goodies!!

June - Hope Jacob has been good this weekend. See you on Tuesday (it will take a lot to keep me from going this week)..

Suse - hope you didn't suffer to much water damage up there..

Belinda - I have to go to office, have no motivation to work from home.. Get distracted too easily..

Heather i hope your DH is ok and definately make him go the the Dr's coughing blood is scary stuff. I will be thinking of you. I'm glad Kimberly is alot better it would be so horrible if she got as bad as your DH. I made my DH feel guilty when he wouldnt go to the Drs and told him if the girls got sick it would be on his shoulders and with DD1 she gets asthma when sick so he got scared into going.

Hi Everyone hope you all had a great weekend.

Hoody congratulations on the weight gain. Its so good when everything comes together. Those night-time feeds are also probably helping heaps too. I am still doing those feeds with Jacob, so think of me when you are up in the middle of the night! LOL at chatting to your BB's. Jacob has taken to singing to mine mid feed now. Makes the feeds quite a lot longer doesn't it? Hope your DD1 birthday went well.

Holly84 - welcome to the group. Your sound like you have a thriving baby boy on your hands. It does sound like you might have a growth spurt on your hands, or I have heard quite often 3-4 month olds who have been sleeping will just start waking again for no reason.

Dragonbub - love the lovey post. You are allowed to be all soft and mushy when it comes to our wonderful bubs.

Twinsis - congrats on the transition to Cameron's own room. Its funny about your dreams. I had them early on but haven't had anything like that for awhile!

Heather28 - I hope everything is ok with DH. Hopefully the dr will give him something to help and he will come home and rest and not go to hospital.

Everything is pretty quiet here. The sleeping has been pretty good. Jacob is feeding at 6pm, 10pm, 1am and 5am most nights now and settling back to sleep really easily. I would love him to drop one of those feeds, but with the awful sleeping we have been having I don't mind at the moment. Friday night he was pretty unsettled as he was teething like mad, but at least there was a reason for it. I even got the house cleaned up a bit which hasn't happened in a while, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Although Heather it might not be all that evident by the time you come over tomorrow.

Oh and I finally got organised for Jacobs christening too. It kept just getting pushed to the back of my priority list, but the in-laws are visiting in May so I have organised it for when they are down. Hopefully he will fit into the family Christening gown!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast