Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #3

How rediculous - I am so excited about getting my MCNs soon! I don't know why, I just feel like it is so modern and natural and stuff. Lots of warm vibes for some reason! I just hope they are as good as they say, DH is against them because of the initial $ outlay, but hopefully they will be good enough to change his mind and save $ in the long run.

June - congrats on teh great night! I am sure this means he is getting the hang of it.

Have a good night everyone,

Dragonbub- GL with the MCN's and good on you for giving them a go. I use sposies but thats because i'm lazy.

Willow- Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight

June- Well done on the good night. Baby massage is awesome isnt it.

Heather- Well done on having a you day! I hope you have a nice weekend away.

Holly, Limeslice, Twinsis and Suse- Hope you and bubs are all well

As for us we are doing well! I have a head cold but i'm sure i will live and as much as i'd love to feel sorry for myself and jump into bed for a day or 2 been a Mummy it's next to impossible. Molly has been very strange today too. I hope she isnt coming down with it. She had another good night last night and today has only been awake for an hr and half all day. As i said very strange for her. I'm guessing she's having a growth spurt or feeling off. She is a bit snotty but doesnt seem unsettled just tired. We have a Dr's appt for her 4 month immunisations tomo lunch time so i guess they will check her out b4 hand. Even though i was going to wait until the weekend i have put her in her own room tonight as i have a feeling i will be tossing and turning all night and i dont want to disturb her. I am still anxious about her not been so close to me and if she is up alot on weather or not we will disturb DD1. Only time will tell and i have to put her in her in her own bed sooner or later as DH is pestering me to as she disturbs him alot. I have had to put a gate on her bedroom door to keep DD1 out in the morning etc as she likes to climb up into the cot Well i will keep you posted about her night and jabs. Take care everyone.
    Last edited by Hoody; March 14th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Just popping in to say hi. DS is on my lap and too wriggly for me to type easily so I'm just reading to see how you all are.

Just a quick one i'm feeling really lousy today head cold is making feel [email protected] to say the least. Anyone know anything good i can take whilst BFing to make me feel any better? Well Molly slept in her own room last night and did really well similar pattern to the last few nights fed at 6.30pm, 10.30pm then 6.30am so i was pretty pleased about that. However didnt get much sleep for worrying about her and feeling so yuk in myself. I fetched her to my room for her am feed and little monkey power chucked in our bed. DH wasnt to amused SO today feeling as yuk as i do i have had to change all our bedding. Took her to the Dr to get her immunisation and they checked her over. The Dr said she does have a cold but no temp so they were ok to do it. She was so brave and barely flinched however a couple of hours after got really upset so i have given her some panadol and rocked her for the last hour and just managed to get her to bed. She is a little warm and has big lumps on her legs but not sure if she is allergic to the tape they put on or if its a reaction to needle- i'm thinking tape. Well keep posting girls i love hearing how you are all doing

Hi everyone

Hope u have all had a good day. We have had 2 pretty miserable days. Thomas just wasnt himself. I think he might be teething cause it really isnt like him to be upset. He woke every 1 1/2 to 2 hours on Wednesday night, had a feed and was quite upset and he never really cries. He has been dribbling like mad, really needs to wear a bib, chewing on anything and sucking his bottom lip in. Thomas has his 4 mth needles next Thursday. Not looking forward to them as I hate needles myself let alone having to hold Thomas while they do it to him. He had really big lumps on his legs after the last ones and they were there for what seemed months.

Hoody - Hope you are feeling better. Get well soon. Great work on getting Molly into her own room.

Hi to everyone else. Hope u have a good weekend

Hi girls!

Sorry havent been around - no net for the last FOUR day - stupid *insert several expletives* telstra!
    Anyhow...Not much time for personals but here goes!
    June - Nappy Hunt is a "treasure hunt" through about 80 MCN and parenting Web sites - each site has an icon and its hidden on the site somewhere and you follow the clues to look around the site and find the icon....the more you find, the better the prize draw you go in! Youwin lots of nappies and cool stuff!! (TOTALLY additive, but Im almost finishednow!! yay!!)
    Check it out, goes until the end of march (its free to btw) diaperdecisions.com

Dragonbub - tell your DH to go and check out the Australian Nappy Network homepage - gives you all the low down on why you should be using cloth nappies - and shows you how much cash you save from birth to toilet training - HUGE!!!
    Did yo uknow it takes 1 cup of Crude oil to make just ONE sposie??
    And youll love the itti bittis - they are great and they fit under normal clothes which is cool. The ANN page will also give you tips on washing them and jargon and things - and then you can come and join the cloth nappy thread! YAY! GO CLOTH!lol

And willow is right - it is highly addictive!! hehehe

Hoody - sorry to hear you are feeling like crap - not nice! hope you feel better soon - but glad the bubs has been good to you (excepting that power chuck lol)

Welcome Holly Your Thomas is only 6 days older than Charlotte...and I also had the emergency c/s - same reason too! lol I think Charlotte is teething, doing the same things as Thomas - except DH if so sure shes not (based on what Im not sure though...)
    anyway, welcome !

Charlotte has been ok lately - a little bit restless and a bit velcro though - but them again so am I!! lol DF is home this week, so made me go out today to get out of the house. Went and had a facial and things so that was SOOOO good! yum! Going to try putting Charlotte in her own room this week too - DF says he wants his bed back! lol and since she doesnt really fit in her bassinette anymore, dont really have much of a choice Shes getting too big too quick!
    Anyhow, getting late and I want ot do some baking while its cool...
    Take care all - hope everyone in Adelaide is coping ok too!

Alexis
    x

Holly - Us too! Cameron was so fussy all day yesterday I was almost in tears by bedtime. I just didn't know what to do for him cuz nothing made him happy. He seems in much better spirits today thankfully. I hope Thomas is too.

LimeSlice - oooh a facial, how nice!! I cold certainly go for one of those...or maybe a pedicure.

Dragonbub
    - Let me know how they go. I really want to go cloth but the ones I have are STILL too big and so they leak. I'm so used to disposables now I'm worried he's gonna outgrow the cloth ones before he ever even wears them!

Willow, June, Suse, Heather - Hope you are all well

Hoody - aw sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I feel for you. Being sick and looking after a sick baby is so hard! Cameron, hubby and I all got a cold in early Feb and are just now finally getting over it. It wasn't too severe but it just would not go away. Ah yes, gotta love those middle of the night power chucks!

Our fun stuff these days is leaky diapers. Had Cameron all dressed up for winter weather and was about to pop him in the stroller when his diaper breached. The poop soaked his onesie, his overalls, and somehow filled the foot of his fleece over suit (which I discovered when I opened up the crotch snaps and reached in to pull his foot out....nice). Instead of going for a walk he had to have a bath. Then last night he had a nice big poop in the tub (our first experience with that) and had to have a second bath. He's a pooping machine!

Tomorrow is Hubby and my 11 year anniversary (we've been married three of those years though) so we have friends looking after Cameron while we go cross country skiing. We're going out for dinner as well but we'll probably take the little guy with us for that part cuz that might be too long to leave him. I'm excited!

Holly- Sorry to hear you have had a rough couple of days i really feel for you. Hopefully Thomas will improve over the weekend. Try not to stress about the needles. Molly had hers yesterday and was unsettled for a couple of hours in the arvo but had a good night and seems fine today

Limeslice- How lucky are you getting to go for a facial i certainly am jealous. I bet you must really love the week you have your DP home i know i would. My DH has been thinking of going on the riggs but it 3wks on and 3wks off dont think i'd cope just yet maybe in a couple of months.

Twinsis- You sound like you have a right little poo machine on your hands I know what its like for them to do it in the bath both my girls have done it at some stage. It must be cos they get so relaxed in the warm water but def a PITA having to do a 2nd bath however better then doing it in the towel as your drying them of BTDT too.

Well i am feeling a little better but still not great i went to bed ridiculously early last night but still had to feed Molly at 12 and 6 and DD1 has a nightmare at 2- DH says he didnt hear her crying Molly seems very settled today considering she has a cold and had her needles yesterday she is just feeding and sleeping like clock work. Its a nice change. My Twin sister also has taken DD1 for the day to let me rest so i'm feeling a little lost not used to the peace and quiet iykwim i should be in bed but dont like to waste time to myself Well hope you all have good weekends.

Hey Hey

Well we have had a good couple of days and nights. Thomas has been much more settled and isnt out of sort so thats good.

Has anyone else started giving their babies any rice cereal or are you waiting til 6months?

Hoody - Glad to hear u are feeling a bit better. That was nice of your sister. I hope u enjoyed the time off!!

Twinsis - Thomas hasnt pooed in the bath yet. I have been waiting for it. He has made plenty of fountains weeing tho!

Limeslice, Dragonbub, Willow, June, Suse, Heather - Hope u are all having a great weekend

Hey Holly - have tried baby cereal, apple and sweet potato. He loves it all and grabs my hand with the spoon and pulls it towards his mouth with a big open mouth! He gobbles it all up and doesnt spill a drop. Otherwise if he is not in the mood, he wont have a bar of it, so I don't force him. I am pretty casual at the moment, kind of every other day if we are home around lunch time, then I give it to him. Just testing really to see how he goes for when we get "serious" at 6 months. Will try pumpkin next!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Off to a wedding today so will catch up soon.

PS I did write another post and it didn't appear on here I asked if anyone had tried nappy hunt? How did you start??

Thanks Dragonbub. Am thinking of trying Thomas on some rice cereal and other dfferent fruit and veggies to see how he goes. Being a bigger baby I am thinking he will be needing something more soon. He loves watching us eat!

Hi everyone
    Hope your weekend has gone well. We have had a fairly quiet time which is nice. Some friends were having a garage sale today so we took a heap of baby stuff over to sell. My DH offered to go early and take Jacob with him and give me a few more hours sleep. It was wonderful!!

Hoody - hope you are feeling better. I completely understand wanting to just have to look after yourself for a change

Holly84 - I can sympathise about the bad nights. We had a few of those. Just know that it will pass and he will get over it soon.

Limeslice - LOL about the nappy hunt. I can imagine it would get quite addictive. Good luck with the prizes. Fingers crossed that putting Charlotte in her own room works of thise week.

Twinsister - sorry but had to laugh about your poosplosion. Its amazing how much comes out of them sometime isn't it. Hope you had a good wedding anniverary today

Dragonbub - hope you had fun at the wedding

Oh and we have started with the rice cereal. Not much at the moment, just 1 tspn in EBM. He is now eating about half of that at the moment. We aren't doing it for extra food, just to ease him in to it slowly (he doesn't like change too much )

DB & June You guys are so brave starting in on the cereals etc. already. I'm paranoid about food allergies as allergies run in both of our families. Hubby and I both have dust and animal allergies, and I've developed a bunch of food intolerances and am allergic to hazelnuts (not the life threatening kind) so I'm not starting him on anything other than BM until he's at least 6 months.

Hoody - in the tub is def preferable to in the towel!lad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Holly - Ha ha Cameron likes to make fountains too, in the tub or on the change table

I think we're going to see some teeth here soon. Poor Cameron is so fussy and red cheeked, and though he wakes up happy for his 6am feed and in the morning, he wakes up crying from all his day naps. Oops speaking of which, he's waking up must run!!

Hi all,

Well we ended up going away for the weekend, despite me telling DH that it was going to be better to stay home... We were meant to leave on Friday, but finally got away Sat morning. IN the end, I just used it as a nice night away and instead of going fossicking, went and had a lovely dinner instead!!! We were staying in a caravan in the mountains.. I woke about midnight and Kimberley's hands were like ice, rest of her was warm though and I ended up putting her in my single bed with me.. Except for a dead leg cause I was too scared to roll, I got some reasonable sleep after that. Her sniffles seemed to disappear for the night.

There is definately a tooth on the way. I saw it yesterday, but it has gone back down now, so just have to wait. She was a bit grizzly and sniffly last night and DH went and got her and put her in our bed. She kept rolling to me so I was the one kept awake from his wonderful idea (I was going to out her in the portacot in our room). She has been sleeping through but was up twice. As my dad is staying at the moment, we went back to our own room and had the monitor on, (not sure how you ladies who use it cope, it was worse than having her with me). We are off to get needles today, so sure we are in for a grumpy day..

Twinsis - I am allergic to hazelnuts too.. I was gutted when I found out as I was addicted to Ferrero Rocher's!!

June - Yay on DH taking Jacob. my DH will always look after Kimberley at home, and I have to persuade him that it is ok to take her out. And we have the advantage of him being able to gove her a bottle, but he still needs pushing..

Dragonbub - Hope the wedding was fun.

Holly - We give Kimberley baby cereal every now and then.. I mainly give it to her when she is being fussy with milk, or of she gets hungry between feeds, she sometimes just wants to be topped up.. For us, not that bad a task except when she insists on pushing it in with her fingers I have fruit to try, but haven't got round to it yet.

Hoody - hope you are feeling better.. When I'm not feeling well with a cold, a hot lemon drink always works wonders for me.. Just squeeze a fresh lemon, add honey or sugar to take the bitterness away and fill mug with boiling water. Also if you aren't taking them, the pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins seem to give me a bit of a kick as well.. Even though I could stop BF in an instant if I wanted to take something stronger (cause I am mainly FF), I haven't taken anything that is not suitable for babies since I found out I was pregnant. It is amazing how you can cope without all the other stuff.

Limeslice - sounds like you have the cloth nappy thing working.. Do you use them all the time? I use them at home, but get a bit lazy when we are out and at night time.. I have a few pea-pods as well, but just trying to get my act together to go all the way.

Willow - hope you are keeping well..

Better go and get sorted and feed Kimberley so I can go and get her needles.. My dad is coming with me today as DH got called into work.

Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Hoody - hope you are feeling better hun?

Heather - you're holiday sounds nice, even though the sleeping arrangements didn't give you much rest LOL. It is so much harder with a babe isn't it? Everything becomes that much more difficult, and it is like you are organising a para-millitary coup to infiltrate an enemy base instead of just packing for a picnic

Twinsis - we don't have any food allergies here, just food preferences I guess. I don't like liver and never liked brussel sprouts as a child but don't mind them now. Other than that - anything goes! DH is the same, and DS is following in our footsteps I think, he loves the cereal, apple and potato, as well as my hands, newspaper, bits of fluff from teh floor, and anything else he can get his mits on and stuffed into his mouth LOL.

June - sounds like a good spring clean and a way to earn some $ from all the stuff you have left over.

Limeslice - would appreciate any hints on nappy hunt. I haven't even started yet and kind of don't know where to begin, or what the rules are? I should maybe try again today when I have a bit more time.

Well, as for us, the wedding went great. Caden didn't say boo the whole time and was happy to be carried around by various women - some random strangers and some rellies. We took him to the reception also as there was no one to baby sit, and he was perfect also. He made a few comments at speech time, but luckily we were at the back and therefore only our table heard. Then he had a quick top up feed from me and I put him in the pram for the night - he went straight in, thumb in mouth, no fuss. What a great guy!! This morning he woke up SOAKED and there went my lovely sleep in, but hey, you can't have everything right?!

Well have a great week all, I am hoping my nappies arrive soon

Holly- Glad to hear things have improved for you

June- Yay on getting rid of some baby stuff my house is over flowing. Alot is too good to throw out etc so i keep making trips to the good sammy's or salvo's etc but some stuff is just too good to part with. I need a sis or friend to have a baby

Twinsis- I'm with you on waiting til 6 month to introduce solids lots of allergies here too.

Heather- Thanks for the tip with the lemon drink i will try it shortly. Glad you still got away for the weekend even if it wasnt all to plan.

Dragonbub- Glad Cadeb was a star through out the wedding its always a bonus when they are good when you need them to be.

As for us we are ok i am still full of cold and so are both girls and DH. As usual though everyone else is allowed to be sick and whinge and moan etc but me been the mummy i have to carry on. I must admit i am alot better than i was fri but still not feeling great. Molly has spent all weekend in her nursery though in the bassinette still so will transition her into her cot this week. I dont really have to hurry she is only 5kg but at least then it will all be done iykwim. As for rice cereal and solids i am going to wait until the 6 month mark if i can. Molly isnt showing any interest in food yet and quite content with just BFing. Also DD1 has egg and other food allergies/sensitivities so i dont want to push it all too early. I also am a little lazy too at the moment, i have enough to do without making more work fo myself b4 i have to iykwim. DD1 started rice cereal at 5 and 1/2 months. Of course if i think Molly is really interested or needs it then i will give it to her but for now we are happy so i dont see the need to change what we are doing. Well i am going to fly as both girls are asleep (omg it doesnt happen very often in the day time i'm so excited) so i'm going to prep dinner and have some me time.

Hello everyone,

up until today, I was unable to relate to how you feel with a bub up all night, but now I understand what you go through when you have a bad night. All I was able to do in the past was have sympathy but couldn't really relate . Last night Kimmy slept initially for 4 hrs than up every 2 hrs after that.. I am exhausted. Hats off to those of you who have to do it regulary and then cope so well!!!

We have a tooth. Found out it was definately there when she took my finger, shoved it in her mouth and munched on it.. Can't beleive how sharp it is.. And to top it off, she had her 4 month needles yesterday.. In some ways she was cute to watch cause she wanted to be laughing and smiling, but the pain would come through and she would grizzle. But her being in pain was heartbreaking.

I have a question, she has been sleeping with us for the last 3 nights as she hasn't been settling in her own bed (whether in our room or hers).. Is this likely to be a hard thing to erase after 3 nights? She has been quite content in her own room/cot until the weekend..

Am going up to see Mum today. Dad has to go and sign some house papers (he is staying with me cause my brother wasn't allowed to have the dogs at his place), and looks like the settlement will be on Thursday. I am going to ask Mum to look after Kimberley for an hour so I can have a nap.. Am sure there will be no hesitation as she hasn't seen her for a month!!

Hope you are all going well...

Heather- Sorry to hear you have had such a horrible night but congrats on the tooth. I'm sure once Kimmy is feeling a bit better you will be able to settle her back into her own room. I was told with DD1 though that if you do something for 3+ days in a row it becomes routine and sure enough if i change something with DD1 after 3 days she expects it etc. However little bubs i find are alot more adaptable as such so i'm sure once she is settled you can put her back in her own room without too much trouble.

Well still feeling [email protected] here my cold seems to have gone on to my chest, making me feel lousy and giving me asthma. I have even had to have a nebuliser today as ventalin wont help (normally my asthma is so mild i forget i have it ) On a good note DD1 is in daycare today so i have had time to relax a little. Molly is still been good which is great but honestly i dont know what i am doing different to a couple of weeks ago iykwim when she was so unsettled. Well off to rest 2 and 1/2 hrs b4 my mini tornado comes home

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast