Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007

Hello All,
    Back from my stay with my sis. Hope you all had a good Chrissy!

Suse - LOL about the meal. Yeah, it is hard on DPs I guess, they try to do as much as they can but it is hard for them as they can't breast feed.

Hoody - Good to hear your lil one might be ready for TT. It makes it alot easier apparently if they indicate that they are ready before you start trying. Yes, I will PM you my mobile number and maybe we can catch up in the city.

June 78 - My bub was definitely unsettled starting from 6 weeks til now pretty much. It is sooo hard, and I am just hanging out for the time when the happy-times are longer and the grumpy times are shorter.

As for us - had a rough few days, but it was great being with my sis for support. Caden was SO full of wind yesterday, the poor thing just screamed and screamed until he eventually fell asleep. I cried a bit too, I just hate seeing him in pain. I am hanging on by a thread to that magic 12 week mark. I know it might not get better, but anything has to be better than yesterday

I hate to whinge, I really do, but it feels as if I have wished his whole life away. I mean, I counted the days until we could TTC, then it was taking temps and torturing myself in the 2ww and then it was just praying for that magic 12 week mark again where we could find out that bubs was in the clear for MC, then waiting out the pregnancy, then now, where I just want to morph myself into the future to the time when he is happy and no more pain. It feels as if the last 2 years has been one big count down.

Anyway, enough whinging for now, have a great New Years everyone,

Hang in there Dragonbub - and don't feel like you shouldn't whinge - that's what we're here for! If you can't have a vent on BB, where can you? And BTW, I don't think you are whinging at all, I don't think that anything that you are feeling is unusual, and I feel for you that you are going through the hard times ATM!

I was very lucky, in that yesterday was a good day - it made the bad days prior to that (where I wanted to feed him to the crocodiles) not just bearable, but worthwhile. I really hope that you get a good day soon sweet - sending happy baby vibes and hugs your way.

Dragonbub feel free to let it all out here. This isn't easy as the damn things don't come with instructions or seem to follow the "usual" expectations. Just hang in there and enjoy the good moments! Glad you had your sis around the last few days!

Suse - lol about going out. I got to go out for dinner too. DS was awake the whole time but didn't cry so I was happy.

Had a bad few days at the end of this week. Ended up with mastitis (god how painful), but the antibiotics seemed to have knocked that on the head. Feeling much better now.

Oooh, the mastitis sounds really nasty june78 - I'm glad you got it sorted out and are feeling much better now.

Went proper shopping today, ie retail therapy. Didn't think we'd EVER leave the house after monster poo, then huge vomit all over mummy like exorcist baby except it wasn't green and his head didn't spin, then voracious 'feed like there'll never be booby again' baby for two and a half hours - but we FINALLY made it out of the front door and although he cried for a minute getting in and out of the car he fell asleep as soon as i put him in the baby bjorn and we shopped and had coffee for two whole hours!!!

Got a nursing pillow (the My Brest Friend one) which although extremely ugly and a bit cumbersome to put on, made my aching arms and shoulders feel much better. Euan is doing the 'latch on, latch off' trick which I'm sure is keeping him entertained but not very well fed (and he gulps in air every time he goes on and off), so anything that will help him stay in a good position is a wonderful thing, I can even cope with ugly and cumbersome if it saves my boobies and reduces his wind. They are holding up really well so far but I have heard the stories of the horror of cracked nipples and mastitis - really don't want to go there...

Oh, and we managed to have a bath without him screaming his head off - he was very cute with this confused look of "hmmm, I know I should be screaming right now but I can't remember why. Maybe I do like this water stuff after all...". Although he turned into screaming baby as soon as I got him out of the bath and did a massive wee all over the couch (which is where I was drying him - thank goodness for leather - wipes clean!!). And I still hadn't got most of the vomit off, so the wee didn't make any difference!

So, even though I have been pooed, weed and vomited on, today has been a good day so far. He's finally out for the count, but will wake him at 8:00 otherwise we'll never get any sleep tonight!

Hi all

Charlotte Paige was born 8 day s late on 19th november - 8'5". After a 24 hour labour at home I went in to hospital to find all was not ok, so she was delivered y emergency c/s. I was so scared - but you wouldnt have found a healthier baby - and after they starte the epi everything was all of a sudden so much rosier!! lol

Been home for a little while now, but def loved the 5 days in hospital - so good when they took the staples out! Trying to cope on my own (hubby works 2 weeks on 1 off in Kalgoorlie) an ddoing well so far. She's wonderful! Feeds really well which Im so happy about, but trying to get her to take a bottle every now and then of expressed BM (going on hols soon) and she wont have a bar of it!! Any suggestions would be great!

Hope to get to know you all well...and look forward to sharing this VERY new experience for me with you all

BIG congrats to all the other mummies (esp the 1st timers!)

Alexis

hi girls, hope you don't mind if I join in. We are a November baby house too, Paisley was born the 21st and I've also got a mad little man (21 months ) as well.

Things are up and down here, with me sitting here at the screen at 3am with Paisley in the sling trying to convince ger to go back to sleep! She has her good moments but just like her brother did has more bad moments just now. Like many of you we are doing it tough but I know it'll get better.
    Well that's it for me at the mo' just wanted to pop in and join your little group.

Take care everyone, for those fellow Melbournians - try and stay cool!

Happy new year!!!!!

DragonBub Welcome back form your few days away. Sorry to hear Caden is still unsettled i hope he is kind to his Mummy and lets you have a nice New Years Eve. Dont worry if you feel like you whinge alot i feel like that too but as the other girls said thats what this place is for- for helping us clear our heads with others who understand.

June78 How are the BB has your mastitis cleared up fully yet? You poor thing i have not had it yet this time around but with DD1 had a nasty case and its not pleasent.

Suse Glad you got to enjoy a couple of hours shopping. I am very jealous. I struggle to get out to get milk and bread let alone some retail therapy but its mainly due to DD1 who likes to play up now Molly is here.

Limeslice Welcome Welcome and Welcome. You must be very strong to manage whilst your DH is working away. It is something my DH has considered doing but i dont think i'd cope with 2 little ones on my own. I'm hearing you on how good it is when they take the staples out after the CS i was scared of mine coming out but it felt sooo good. I have no tips for expressing i have not tried to give Molly a bottle yet as i am petrified of ruining our BFing (silly i know as she has a dummy but i had lots of probs with dd1 so i am paranoid)

Krisp Welcome to you too. We have the same age gaps between our too bubs and i also post in the March 06 thread when i have time. Hows Ewan coping with Paisley been around? We have had a few issues but i think we are over the worst of it (well i hope)

Well i have been a bit quiet the last couple of days as i have not had time to scratch my bum, lol. Little Miss Molly has turned into quite an unsettled little monster and no matter how many times i threaten to sell her on ebay she doesnt seem to improve. It looks as though we are going to prove all the books and experts right by having a peak in crying at 6 weeks. Yesterday she was up literally all day. I tried no end of times to get her to sleep but to no avail. In the end i felt as if i could have thrown her so at about 9pm i drove myself to my sisters and let her take over. DH was in bed with a migraine so had been useless to me all day. Today we got off to a rough start but she has been asleep for an hour now so i'm hoping she will be more content when she wakes. I am jsut greatful that DD1 has been good the last few days. It really is one or the other at the moment so Molly will prob be a star next week and DD1 will more than likely play up. Cant win. Well at least i am in brighter spirits today.
    SO are any of you brave enough to go out tonight? I would love nothing more than to party with a few drinks but i can tell you its not going to happen.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well today's not been the best...usually I dont have any hassels with Charlie duringht eday...but today!! She has fed every hour since 11.45am today...and has been awake save two 30 mins stints since 11am too! House looks like a bombs hit it, and I cant seem to manage to find the motivation to get out of my pyjamas....oh well...shes gotta sleep eventually - and you never know, she may sleep most of th night now!

Going out to friends place (the surrogate family! lol) so going to get her dressed and go for a walk before we go...try and calm her a little.

Hmm...ever notice how its always when you have something to get done that they play up...its like they know.. *flashbacks to "Look Who's Talking"*

hope you and yours all have a great night whatever happens, tomorrow is another day...and year!

Take care all and SMILE!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I thought it was about time I posted again! Sorry ladies I haven't been online as much lately and we're still on holidays down in the Mornington Peninsula in VIC!

Well, I don't have much to report with our little Mia, she's a very good girl we've had our moments where we were crying at the same time lol but overall we're both doing really well!

BFing took some time to get used to, and at one point I was using nipple shields just so my poor nips could get a break!! BFing is all going well now though yay! AND... it's been almost a year since i've had a drink of alcohol!

I can't believe Mia is 7 weeks old already! We almost have a bit of a routine going now... get up at 8am after a feed (or 11am if we sleep in together!) have a play for an hour or so, she's happy to just lie by herself and laugh and smile at everything in the room, but i like spending that awake time with her and seeing her gorgeous smiles!! Then it's feed time again, play, sleep, feed, play, sleep until her big sleep usually from 7 or 8pm through til midnight, then feed, then sleep til 4am-ish, feed, sleep, and that brings us through to 8am again! I love being a mum though, it's just amazing, all the hard work is so worth it!

Anyway, sorry if i've been rambling i have been feeling very guilty about not posting for so long! I hope everyone is well, and that all your bubbas are great too.... oh and Happy New Year!!

Keira xox

Hi everyone. Thought I would join the November babies group. My little man was born 23 November after a 29 hour labour, with an epidural that although helped me in the end, caused damage an resulted in an epidural patch being performed 5 days later an 8 day stay in hospital. Not fun.

The first few weeks at home were good, and he slept regularly during the night., but now it is absolutely crazy. He just wont sleep during the day unless he is carried or in the baby bjorn. Every time he falls asleep, and I put him in his basinet to sleep, he wakes up screaming. If I don’t pick him up, he will just keep screaming. He is only sleeping 1- 1/2 hours during the day, which is making me ( and him) absolutely exhausted. He was a good sleeper at night, normally going to sleep abut 9pm sometimes even 7pm. Waking once for a feed, then going back to sleep until 5- 6am.

Last night he decided that although he had only slept for a total of 1 hour during the day, he would finally go to sleep at 11pm, wake for feed at 4am, then not go back to sleep until much settling at 5.30am for 1 hour.

Does anyone have any suggestions, as I am now so tired that I feel like I have the flu. I have tried patting him in his basinet, rocking it, singing, and the only thing that seems to work is me picking him up, and he will then fall straight back to sleep. I can tell he is tired, as he is very grumpy now. I am letting him sleep in the baby bjorn at the moment, just so he can get some rest, but this isn’t really a great solution, especially as he gets bigger, I just wont be able to carry him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

And welcome LimeSlice, Krisp and EJE!!

Hmm, think I hear the small human stirring, so a short post from me. Hmm, maybe not.

He is in sleepy baby mode today (I shudder to think what he'll be like tonight!), and you will all hate me for saying this, but slept through for 9 hours last night - from midnight to 9:00am!!! Then he was awake till 11:30 and is still asleep. What a new year's present! If it's any consolation to the sleep deprived, he'd only had 1.5 hours sleep since waking at 3:00am the previous night/morning - he must have been exhausted! It seems to be one good day, followed by one bad day at the mo!

My MIL leaves today, so we are going to pop the cot into the spare room and make it a baby room - that way DP and I will get unbroken sleep. He's such a noisy child - he makes so many little (and not so little) noises in his sleep and we wake to every one of them. Especially the farting - OMG the noises that come out of his butt - they are incredible! The puppy dog sounds are also very cute.

This is weird - I semi-woke in a panic twice last night thinking that Euan had fallen asleep in bed next to me or had fallen off the bed (he hadn't, he was in his cot) and reached over to pick him up and put him in the cot. I was actually trying to pick up DP and put him in the cot - I'm not sure why I suddenly thought I had a 6 foot baby. Hopefully once Euan is in the spare room I'll stop doing it. We've never co-slept with him so not sure where I'm getting it from!

We ended up going to a friend's BBQ last night which was a last minute thing - it was really good to get out for a couple of hours and hang out with people. Euan spent most of it on the boob - so was no trouble at all! Although he did get pretty stroppy each time I tried to settle him to sleep - so I just stuck him back on and he shut right up! Probably I'll regret it later, but it worked!

I hope you all are having a lovely new year's day and all of your respective bubbas are being good.

Hoody, I'm sorry to hear that your DDs are playing tag-team at driving mummy crazy - what a co-ordinated effort. I hope you get a break soon!

EJE - no suggestions for you, but sending you hugs and hope that it gets better soon. My little guy has done similar things but doesn't seem to have a routine so I don't know that anything I've done specifically has settled him, although he seems to have better days if we have gone out somewhere that day. Perhaps the stimulation helps? He doesn't go to sleep by himself (but mostly self settles if he wakes once asleep), and will either fall asleep on the boob or in the baby bjorn. Once he's asleep though - we can drop a bomb next to him and he will sleep through it. Is there anybody who can take Luke for a couple of hours to give you a few hours proper sleep?

Keira, I'm glad to hear that you have a good routine going with Mia - she is just adorable! Euan has just started smiling and it is the most incredible thing!

LimeSlice - know what you mean about the "they've got to sleep eventually" feeling. There are days where I'm just hanging on by a thread to that thought! Hope your feeding monster has settled - Euan does that too and it can be exhausting! It can be hard to tell whether they are actually really hungry or just comfort sucking, but I'm getting better at telling the difference.

DragonBub - hope that you are having a better time now that you are back from your sister's, and that both you and DH are feeling a bit recovered. My DP sleep till nearly lunchtime today - I've suggested that if he still doesn't get any sleep once we've moved the cot into the spare room that he stays with a friend for a few nights to recover. It makes so much difference having a night of proper sleep.

Anyone I've forgotten - sorry - hope you are all doing good!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU

We are still struggling today and Molly is still very unsettled, she did sleep from 10-4 last night but apart from that big stint she has pretty much been awake the whole time. She will doze but will wake after 5-10mins screaming as if she is in pain. I definately think she must be a bit colicy this is the 4th or 5th day of screaming for hours on end. I am trying everything i can to possible calm her but am feeling a little at my wits end. Thank goodness today is a pub holiday and DH is home so i am not doing it alone. My local CHN runs an open clinic tomo morning so i will go along to have Molly weighed and to hopefully get a bit of reassurance. I have a few Q's to ask too as her poo is really foul at the moment so i dont know if i am eating something thats no agreeing with her or if she could have a slight bug or if its normal and i am been a paranoid mummy. We are going to the IL's for tea tonight which is the last thing i want to do but DD1 is going to stay after dinner so at least i will have a break from her until tomo lunch time. Mind you she is been very good at the moment. It will just be nice to not have to get her up fed and dressed along with myself and Molly iykwim. Well sorry for the lack of personals DH is getting wound up with trying to settle Molly and i am feeling a little calmer so i will go take back over.

Hi all Hope NY Day is treating you all kindly.
    DD is having a good day today...a couple of sleeps and feeds and some play time and she's rolling along in a very agreeable mood - thanks Baulder! lol

Suse - glad to hear you also have some peace...enjoy the harmony while the goings good!

EJE - Have you tried co-sleeping? When Charlotte was having a bad time last week, it was the only thing that worked...and that way she can also feed without having to wake up and get unsettled. Charlotte likes sleeping on our chests (think its the boob pillow!) but I found that just having her near me settled her down a lot. You can get some sleep then too!
    Rubbing her feet also helps sometimes...she kicks a bit at first, but if you keep eye contact and talk softly and steadily the relax...Start at the heel with your thumb and rub in circles up wards to the ball of the foot - both feet at once for a few minutes. It wont put Luke to sleep but may just relax him a little.

Hoody : Sorry to hear Molly is still giving you a hard time. Thank god for the IL's sometimes! Have you tried some Infacol for her tummy? Charlotte got bad a couple weeks ago so I went and bought some and it does wonders - farts a lot more now though LOL Anyhow, I hope all goes well with the Nurse tomorrow...How's Molly coping with the heat? I find I have to drink about 5 litres of water a day just to keep Charlotte happy she feed so often in the heat! Not looking forward to the next couple of days (I wish I had A/C!!!)

Well, better go and pull the washing off the line while DD is snoozing and i miss my chance!

Take care all...Best wishes for all of us for the new year!!

Alexis
    x

Hello All,
    Thanks for the support. I feel all I do these days is whinge, but I know things will get better.

Hoody - Caden was like this at week 6. He just screamed all the time and was inconsolable, he pretty much cried until he was so exhausted he just crashed. I think I went slightly insane that week, but it was over pretty soon (thus began the turning point where my sleepy happy bub became a monster!). Hopefully it is just a "phase" and will be over soon.

Newbies - hello and welcome. It will be great to have you in here. Sounds like all our bubbas are a bit of a handful at the moment.

WEnt to Ngala yesterday. We are trying a new sleep routine, where we are teaching Caden how to send himself off to sleep. It sort of involves a kind of controlled crying but not, where I listen to him cry for about 4 minutes, and then go in and settle him, then leave again. As long as he does settle, then I can keep doing it for about half hour, before trying something different. If he doesn't settle, then I pick him up and try other things.

Today was a hard day as there was no nurse to assist us. He took 45 minutes to settle, then slept for half hour, then another 45 to settle, then slept for 2 and a half hours! Then two hours to settle before it was time for a feed and change and bath anyway before bed. Bedtime was easier, only about 20 minutes. It is hard and I so hope it gets easier. DH is back at work tomorrow, so will be doing it on my own. I have a whole heap of housework to do so will do that to occupy my mind. Might try some earplugs as well! It will be almost 40 degrees here tomorrow, so that is just going to make things harder

Again with the whinging! Oh well...

Have a great week all, hope you are all keeping cool,

For Dranonbub, Hoody, EJE and anyone else with settling/colic issues...

I found this in one of my books, and found it SOMETIMES works for Charlotte, though you might like to try it too.

"These are the only essential oils I recommend you to use on babies up to 2 months:
    Chamomile Roman, Chamomile German, Lavender, Yarrow, Dill."

The best way to use oils is to allow the molecules to circulate throughout a space (usually with a diffuser (electric burner) but you can also use infusion (steaming water.)
    Place a bowl of steaming water on the floor in bubs room, away from their head and add the oils to it so the steam carries the oil around the space.

"1 drop oil to 1 pint (560 ml) water is sufficient for small babies"

Diffuser Method:
    "Make certain that it has a glazed surface, so that it can be thoroughly cleaned. Avoid the natural -looking porous clay type diffuser for use with babies and chldren
    "DO NOT use essential oil neat in diffuser in a baby's room. Even one drop..is too powerful. So add 1 drop of oil to a dessertspoon of water, mix well and add a little of this water too diffuser bowl."

"If baby is suffering from any digestive problem - colic, diarrhea, constipation, regurgitation - use DILL essential oil. If baby is not sleeping well, use chamomile roman"
    ~"The Fragrant Pharmacy"

You should be able to get all these at a health food store.

Hope it helps

Wow, LimeSlice, that sounds great! I might give it a go anyway cos it sounds lovely. WE have the Huggies bedtime bath, lotion and powder which has lavendar in it for calming, so this sounds like a perfect addition in the evening.

Thanks!

Wow I have had a few days off the computer and this thread has gone crazy. Hope everyone had a great new years.

We have been pretty good over the last few days. Jacob is sleeping pretty well at night, he seems to be feeding 4-5 hourly at night, but during the day for some reason he has decided that I can't put him to sleep. It doesnt' matter what I do he will either just cry continually until I hand him to someone else, or if I do manage to settle him he wakes up as soon as I put him down. Thankfully today he isn't doing that, so I'm hoping it was just a passing thing. We have also had a few lovely evenings of crying before his big sleep. We suspected it was because he was getting a little overstimulated during the day (way too many visitors lately), so we had a quiet day yesterday and he settled wonderfully. I just love how we had to change daily what works.

He is growing so quickly now, I have now taken all of his 0000 outfits out of the wardrobe. We go to the Dr's on Monday for his two month immunisations and I can't wait to get him weighed.

Mastitis has completely cleared up which is great. If any of you even suspect that you are getting mastitis go the the Dr's as quickly as possible, it gets really bad really quickly. I couldn't even rest my arm against the area at all.

Suse - congrats on the big sleep. I hope it gets repeated for you. Our record is 6 hours. How did Euan go in his own room? We have had Jacob in his room since the start and I am so glad we did, he is just so damn noisy.

Limeslice - Welcome. I like your suggestion for massaging feet and the oils, might have to give that a try.

Krisp - How are you managing in all that heat?

Keira - Sounds like you have pretty much the same routine we do. It does change a lot but thats pretty much how it plays out at our place as well.

Hoody - I hope Molly is settling a bit better for you. We had the unsettled period around six weeks too, but it only lasted a few days. It also seemed to coincide with him wanting more awake time and me not picking up on the cues of when he was tired. He then got overtired which made him an absolute nightmare to settle. I am now really strict on starting to settle him for a sleep as soon as I see him getting tired, or if he has been awake for about an hour. Not sure if this would work for you. Hopefully you get some answers with the CHN.

Dragonbub - how is the new sleep routine going?

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I hope you are all getting some rest, remember your sleep is much more important than the washing.

hi guys! typing 1 handed so very slow today! almost asleep bubba in arm!

june78 - didn't get to put Euan in own room yesterday because dp was too tired to help move the furniture. he paid for it because we had wriggly, noisy, farty baby who kept waking us up all night (although Euan slept from 10-4:30, then 5:45-8, he didn't wake himself up!!!). it will def. get done friday!!

went to see MCHN today - he'd only put on 260gm in the last 2 weeks. They don't think he's put on enough (average 130gm a week), and want me to start expressing to build up my supply. He was 4.2kg at birth and is now 4.56 at 5 weeks. :-(

Finally put him down - am going to go and join him. DP doesn't finish work till 9:00 tonight so taxi-driver suse will have a late one...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast