Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

Welcome Brigette and Ella!!

Off to Melbourne for my birthday celabrations with friends!! fun fun.

Jorda had her 4month and 6 month check up yesterday fun fun.. she is fine.. i am not too over the top with things.. they crawl when they are ready and sit when they are ready.. a few weeks here or there, no big deal

Ben had his 2 year check up as well! fun fun..

Have a good weekend everyone!

HJ - i was told at her 6 month app that she can have cheese now. As its party digested the same as yogurt. But no cows milk till 12 months. Im not going to give her anymore cheese tho as it has made her quite constipated.

happy 7 months Jorda! wow thats flown by!

I want to get me and Mia in the mum n bubs swimming classes here.. but im abit unsure. I dont look good in normal clothes, let alone a swim suit lol.

Hi all, sounds like everyone is doing great. Hi to Bridgette and Ella, welcome to our friendly group.

Had to read heaps to catch up first lol will have to try harder to get on here more. Well Meara is 6mths today and OMG hasn't it gone quickly. I thought with her being my last that it might slow down a bit but noooooo although she still isn't sitting up or trying to crawl yet but is rolling everywhere to get where she wants : ) Meara has been started on some foods and loves her pureed pears and the fruit custard. I only give it to her in the afternoons and she looks forward to it.

I have had her up to the hospital a couple of times this week, she has slight asthma by the sounds of it. A dose of Redipred and some ventolin and it helps for a while.

Didi - have a great time in Melbourne celebrating your birthday and happy 7 months Jorda. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Take care everyone and I'll try to get on here a bit sooner lol

STARRSKY - They are coming from the west coast of Ireland. They moved there after we had all grown up from Wales. My Dads family are a huge Irish clan :-). I am soooo excited about them coming over... For next bub I think I will ask them over when it's due although I am petrified we will have another Premi baby..

I have a question - DS started solids at 5 and a bit months and so far he has had
    Banana
    Rice Cereal
    Avocado
    Sweet Potatoe
    Pear
    Apple
    Pumpkin

My question is what next.. I heard carrott and brocoli come later!

Another question - DS is developmentally 4 and a bit months (by his corrected age) but physiologically he is a 6 month old. Thing is he doesn't roll, is getting closer to sitting, has no interest in other babies or soft toys for that matter. He is in to musical, electronic toys but everything we have is soft in some way!? I see from the threads that some 5 month olds are already taking toys etc... he has just discovered those things on the end of his arms are his hands (fingers are watched all the time). I may be worrying for no reason and I know it is all in there own time but i think i need reassurance.

:-)

hi ella, I wouldnt worry about your bub not rolling yet, from what ive read its pretty normal for premmie babies to take a while to catch up, my jacob baby has only just started rolling, was nowhere near it at 4 and a half months, he can sit for approx 3 secs before tumbling, dont worry, I always catch him!
    I cant help with the solids q, we havent started yet, soon maybe, im sure the other girls can help you out tho.

hey kimb, not good about the asthma! I think jacob may have a little too, havent been too worried about it, but at night he starts to sound a bit wheezy and chesty, and he snores!
    I have been asked to take him to the womens and childrens to participate in a study for snoring babies, but, dp is a bit suss about it, its pretty non inavsive, If you go thru with it, bub gets an ankle bracelet with a monitor on it for 1 week, the rest is all developmental interviews and reactions etc. I think it looks really interesting. but if dp doesnt want to do it then....oh well.

hope everyone else is having a good day, i am freezing my butt off here in adelaide, I hate the cold weather!!! give me summer any day, last year I had a little heater to keep me warm (being preggers!!!) but now im turning into an icecube!
    xx

OK this cold feels much colder then Canada!!! brrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry girls, can't comment with you on the cold - it's still 25 degrees plus here. Though it did get really cold at night last week when it dropped down to 14 degrees.

Welcome Bridgette and Ella. How lucky are we to have 2 new girls at about the same time!

Ella - I can't comment on the premmie stuff (Liam was almost 2 weeks late), sounds like you've fed DS about the same things I've fed Liam. (I started him around 4 1/2 months, just coz it seemed right for him). At this stage, keep going with whatever can mush easily - carrots, zuccinni, brocolli etc. Keep it all well pureed ATM. In a month or so you can probably start making it with tiny lumps (eg, well mushed, not pureed) and can work onto mashed peas etc. I also regularly give Liam natural yoghurt with something else in it (Banana, avocado, pumkin, pear) which he loves, so maybe you could give that a go. Basically, keep it all well mashed until you think bub is ready to try something slightly lumpier. If bub doesn't like it like that, go back to the previous consistency and try again a few weeks later.
    Have you talked the CHN or paed about the developmental side? Seems ok to me but at least a professional can pick up anything that might need to be looked at, at worst, or give you the reassurance you're after at best. Good luck with it.

HJ - congrats on going platinum!! (...do you get a photoframe with a cd for that?? )

Liam is into EVERYTHING ATM. And with all these visitors he's so used to being the centre of attention. Can't WAIT for May when everything slows back down and we get our house back for more than 10 days in a month! He's sleeping a little better now with only 1 waking for the past few nights (although he didn't go down well at all last night - suspect his 2nd tooth is coming).

Anyway, really should run. Gonna take Liam for a walk to where DH & FIL are fishing.

Off to doc.. to see about getting a Mirena IUD!

1stbub - hahaha arnt u a funny girl!

Ella - we started off on rice cereal, than potato, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, next is corn
    Bianca also has had apple,bananana, teething rusk, and arrowroot biscuits, oh and grapes.

didi - goodluck today -hope it dosent hurt too much!

My SIL, SIL is preg again - and she had her bub a few days before i had Bianca! as much as iwould love too i dont think i could be preg again so soon!!!

Hollye - pics????

Starry - how are u and Jman today?

Amanda - still waiting on that PM -hehehe

Kim - Big hello to u and Meara!

OM - how are u and Olive going?

Have i missed anyone if soo im very sorry

Ops hello Brigette and Andrew

Hey didi, my friend had the mirena inserted and now she is having it taken out again. She hasn't stopped bleeding since they put it in and it has been 8 weeks now. So please be aware that that is one of the side effects.

Talking of contraception, I had to have eldest DD fitted with the implanon implant this morning. Not happy about it but would rather her be safe than sorry (with her drinking when with friends).

Meara is still sick and the doc checked her out this morning as well and she is still wheezey. Have to keep up the redipred and the ventolin.

She had some apple and oatmeal last night and loved it. I'm not loving the biting of the boobie atm so am thinking about going fully bottle. She feeds better from the bottle anyway. Oh well see what happens.

Hi to everyone else, have a great day

Hi Girls,

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, my uncle died so it has been busy around here. I have just read all your posts but dont have time to do too many personals....sorry!!!

Welcome Bridgette and Ella, I look forward to getting to know you and your bubs!!!

Didi - Did you get the mirena put in? I had the implanon implant put in when Lara was 4 days old and basically bled constantly until I had it removed 5 wks ago & now havent bled since. I am waiting for AF to return but after bleeding for basically 5 months I am glad she hasnt returned just yet. Hope the mirena doesnt have the same side effects.

Lara turned 6 months yesterday but on Saturday I tried her on solids for the first time. She had rice cereal and I must say she didnt enjoy it very much. She dry reached and spat it out. I tried it again yesterday and today as well.

I've gotta go, Lara is crying and we have to have dinner. I will try and get back on later to finish personals if I have time.

Thanks girls.

The doctor mentioned all the things that can happe, as everything there is good and bad.. and some people get bad and others dont.. So we will see!!
    Fingers crossed!

I have had friends have it put in and taken out 30 days later. And another that has had it in now for 5 years.

It seems like a great option for me at the moment.

HI everyone,
    Olive had her 6mth needles today which went much better then her previous ones. Even though DH came cause he is sick I held her this thime and she seemed alot better. I hate it but after watching the Sunday Night program last night about the 4mth old who died from whooping cough, i'm happy that I made the decision to immunize. Hollye has Mia had hers yet?

How is everyone's bubs sleeping? Olive has been shocking. I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 4hrs at a time and last night I was only getting about 40mins as DH was sick as well. Olive has been coming into our bed after she wakes the first or second time so I got a bed rail yesterday so we can at least have a bit more room. After having a baby who slept through from 8wks it especially sucks and with work as well it tripely sucks!

Anyway other then that we are going pretty good. Olive loves to roll around and pull herself into the sitting position and it's very cute. She is drinking heaps and enjoying her food more and more.

EllaElla - Olive has tried apple, pear which she had a reaction to, baby porridge(rice millet oats) which is our staple and she loves, pumpkin, sweet potato, avocado on spelt rusks, banana, pineapple, dried banana, potato, pawpaw and I have yogurt for her to try tomorrow. I also brought some dried pineapple which I will try in a few days.

Just wondering, when can you stop sterilizing bottles?

Morning Everyone

My little Girl is 6mths old today - my gosh how fast does it go - i hope the next 6mths go longer - im in no hurry for the BIG 1!!!

hj- your avvie looks beautifull!! xx

Ya 6 months how fast!

I only ever sterlised once a week. My pediatrition said to me.. As soon as you sterilise you need to use the bottles right away within min.. as there are germs on everything in the air etc. So its pointless doing it all the time unless you use all the bottles right away.

So once a week is plenty and i wash them during the week with boiling water in the sink.. nothing exciting....

I had a root canal the other day.. mm doenst feel right..bugger

om- hi! I was told by the mchn and the hospital that the water in australia is clean (compared to some other countries) and that theres no reason at all to sterilise, except maybe in hot water (boiling) as didi said, unless you can autoclave the items and keep them in a vacuum (near impossible) its pointless anyway.
    I just drop jmans dummies in boiling water probably 2x a day or if it goes on the floor.
    jman has also started waking up 2-3 x a night again, and he wakes up SCREAMING! was a bit scary at first cos he has never been like that! he now sleeps in his cot next to my bed (like right next to me) but to tell u honestly he hasnt slept in the cot for the last 4 nights, he wakes up every time I put him in there and will scream if I dont put him in bed with us, If he is with us he will sleep all night.
    except he didnt last night, I think cos the weathert is soooo cold he has upped his feeds again, was fed at midnight and 3am and 7am, he used to go from 9-10 to 8ish the next morning, but not anymore!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast