Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

hey girls,

I have been reading but too slack to post.

HJ - Seen them pics of B, she is just beautiful! have to get a shotgun for when shes in highschool me thinks to fend all them boys away! Woohooo for u going on a train ride. Mia hasnt been on anything but in a car. Im hopefull going to try and take her on the local bus soon, just for something different. lol not very exciting tho. Glad B in back on her food. Mia is going well with hers, shes still having 2 solid meals a day, a little one and a big one for dinner. She is having 4 bottles (usually) of about 150 mls on average. Somedays she has 5 or even 6 when shes sick. I agree, this crawling is insane. Mia is still commando crawling. She gets up on her knees and pulls herself around on her elbows. Shes getting quite quick tho, yesterday i was in the kitchen and next thing i turned around and she was right behind me. Cheeky girl. Mia is still sleeping through but she still co-sleeps. If she was in her cot im sure she would wake up several times a night. Hows B doing with her sleeping? Mia has dropped down from 3 sleeps a day to 2. She gets up about 7am.. goes down about 9:30-10am, sleeps till about 12 and goes down about 2:30 and sleeps about an hour then goes to bed at 7pm.

hey to everyone else =)

AFM - Mia is 6 months tomorrow!!! oh my! needles on friday =( . She has another photo shoot today. This will be her 7th since she was born =) I was actually quite excited the other day in the thought of havin another bub, tho we will be waiting a while yet.

anyhoo best go get ready for the day xoxoxox

Hollye - hehehe thanks - yeah i think im going to invest in a shot gun - if they have a special buy one get one free do u want one aswell? hehehe
    wow Mia is doing so well with everything! food, bottle, sleep, crawling, everything!
    B sometimes has 2meals a day - breaky and dinner, but most mornings does not want breaky!
    As for her sleep its about 2 30mins sleep a day, and off a night time she goes to bed around 2000 and wakes between 1-2 and 5-6!
    They say once they reach 6mths they dont need their middle of the night bottle for health/growing needs - but no way can i stop them!
    Oooooo a bus ride will be fun - i will do that too one day but im more scared of that - bit hard with a pram!! so u can do that one first - let me know how it goes! hehehe

Mia - i just want to be first to wish u a HAPPY 6MTHS for tomorrow! u are growing into such a beautiful little girl xoxo

Hi Girls,

Just a quick one, Lara is driving me nuts, she hasnt had a day sleep since Thursday. I have been trying everyday but she just rolls non stop in her cot. She has always been a tummy sleeper and I was lucky coz before this she would roll during play time on the floor but never in her cot, now as soon as I put her in she rolls on to her back and wont sleep. Grrr hope she learns to sleep on her back as well as her tummy. Dh got back last night but is back at work all day today and tonight.

Gotta go, I have a screaming baby on my hands.

Leigh have you tired those non rolling things for babies.. I used one with ben and put him on his belly and put this under and next to him so he wouldnt roll as he was a tummy sleeper same as Jorda.. Worked well.

hj-poor babies always are so different.. sleeping patterns etc.. you get something set and then the kido changes it and wants to sleep at different times etc... I guess its to keep us on our toes.

Jorda is nealry 7 months!! wow ... the Ped says to take into consideration she was premie.. that she might be a month behind in crawling walking etc.. Which honeslty doesnt worry me at all.. they are all so different and will do things faster then others in certain things.. and slower in others... No big deal to me!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Didi - I tried one of the roll things the other day, it didnt work. I let her cry it out before and she is asleep now, on her back so I hope she gets used to it, well I think she is asleep, either that or she is playing in there.

I am actually hoping Lara doesnt crawl for a while yet, I like the fact that I can put her on the floor and know she is still going to be there when I come back into the room, apart from rolling here and there.

Lara turns 6 months this Sunday so I guess I will start solids around then.

Hi,

I'm looking for mums in Newcastle, i just moved here and need to make some friends also wanting to start a play group and walking group.

Let me know. If your interested.

hey Jaz - there are heaps on Newcastle mums on BB, just not in here (i dont think). Heres a link where u will find them all - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/memb...er-3-a-20.html

and welcome to BB!

Thanks for the info Hollye!

So where is eveyone from in here?

Leigh.. totally agree.. Ben started crawling at 5 months.. way to early for my liking!!!
    My old mum group was all about.. who did what first and who was later... etc.... was so over it!
    They are all so different!

Yeah they all get there eventually. Once theyre on the go there is no stopping them from moving and getting into everything. As Lara is my last baby I wouldnt mind if she didnt crawl or walk for a while, just means she is my little baby for that bit longer coz they grow up way too quick!

i dont want Mia crawling anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she needs to stop! mayb she will forget how?? wishful thinking.

HJ - Liam was sleeping through from 4 weeks and I felt very spoiled and kind of afraid to let other mums know. As of about 5 weeks ago that's ended for some reason. 8.30pm-4.30am would be a big sleep for him too (where he used to be down around 8 or 9 and up around 7am). Have spoken to the chn's about it and they have no explanation. He's eating more than he ever has so he can't be hungry - well, maybe he could but that would make 7 or 8 feeds a day, and they're big feeds. Anyway, I guess we'll wait it out and hope it returns to 'normal' again SOON!

As for crawling, he's nearly there. He nearly got there then started pushing up onto his feet/toes and then going backwards. He looks like he's getting it all together again today.

We had a 6month information thing at comm health today which was good. Mostly it was our MG so everyone felt very 'at home'. Got some good information on cleaning teeth (they suggested bubs suck clean wet washers to start with and then progress to brushing when teeth are further along in a few months - we have to brush here coz we have no flouride in our water), and some clarity on the whole feeding thing.

Grrr, just realised i've missed a new page. Will read those soon and reply at some stage. Oooh, Liam has his immunisation tomorrow. For whoever asked (OM?) it's quite good having my FIL here. He's been cooking, doing dishes and hanging out the washing for me!!!!! And he's pretty good company too. Gotta go.

1stbub - thats good that all is going well with ur FIL!
    And how sneaky of u too keep ur good sleeping bub a secret - hehehehe
    B slept last night from 1940-0400 than went back to sleep and slept until 0700 so thats the best yet!
    She dosent have a toothy peg yet but i will remember the washer idea for when it does eventually show!

My lil girl is 6 months today =) oh where does the time go?!?! will have to start planning her first bday soon! lol

Happy 6mths Mia xoxo

1st bub.. you are so lucky with sleeping.. I thought jorda did well starting to sleep through at 6 weeks and still does now thank goodness.. last feed at 9pm then up at 8am.. so i am very very lucky.

I had the dentist today.. joys!!!

Thanks, I don't feel very lucky now though. It's been about 6 weeks of broken sleep and been so busy i don't have time for a nap most days. Last night he woke about 4 times. He keeps rolling onto his tummy and wakes up and cries. Grrr. Leigh, we've been using those non-rolling rolls since he went into the cot from the basinet and they don't work for him now either. Any ideas on how to keep him from rolling anyone?? Pretty sure he would have slept most of the night otherwise. I might try just putting him down on his tummy so he gets used to sleeping like that (next week when FIL is gone).

Liam had his immunisations today. He cried more for the 1st needle than he has before, so the last one was reeeeally mean! Poor li'l fella. It didn't bother me much though, guess i'm getting used to it. And i've finally decided enough is enough and im getting a new doctor! Besides hardly being able to understand mine, he treats me like one of those over-reacting mums so i don't even feel like i can ask him anything. ***** we're not ******* idiots! Heaven forbid we try to get some information!

My brother flies in tomorrow - yay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hj1981 View Post
    Happy 6mths Mia xoxo
    thanks =)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast