Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #12

Kell Guest

It freaked me out a little, but then of course i am worried that i am amplifying it in my head...

he hasnt done it again, but he has been coughing

I feel for you Kell. I have my fingers crossed for him that it turns out to be just a cough and cold rather than croup! Poor lil Will. It is so much harder when bubbas are sick 'cause you can't ask them how they are feeling. x

I'm glad he hasn't done it again. I hope he's fine. It's so scary being a Mum hey?!!

Kell Guest

Morning...

Linda - Ikwym, being a mum there are sooo many things to worry about. He has made the whoop sound once more last night but not since. i rang the dr surgery and spoke to the nurse and she thinks it most likely isnt whooping cough but that i should get him checked today if he keeps making the noise. He is otherwise fine, he doesnt even have a runny nose, he is eating fine and as happy as always...

Kirsty - thanks It is so much easier with Molly she tells me when she is sore somewhere or not feeling well, with babies it is a hit and miss affair most of the time

Kell - Benjamin coughs for attention sometimes. It's annoying! I'll have to get him some more antibiotics, his ears are red again, and he's been pulling them. He's had nothing but earaches, but so did I when I was little. My SIL said it's more teeth coming.

Linda - I've been getting AF since 6 weeks after Benjamin was born. They've come right back to a 30 day cycle now. Originally they were 40+ day apart.

Nikki - How's bub in tum going? Has the bleeding stopped yet?

Kristy - It would be nice if Benjamin were that size. He's so hard to handle. When he stands up next to our kitchen table, he is now at eyebrow height with the edge of it.

Melissa

Wow Melissa - but at least you have an idea of what your cycle is doing for when you really want to start TTC again. I wish I would get AF just so I knew.... OMG at eyebrow height!!! :eek:

Kell, I'm so glad they think it isn't whooping cough. Do you think you will take him in today anyway?

Well we had a better night. Up at 12pm, 2am then 6:30 am, when she came into bed with me.....until 10 am!!! Woo Hoo!! So I got a massive sleep in! I think I overslept!!

Linda - Wow!What a great sleep in you had. I'd love that to happen here...

Melissa

Kell Guest

Linda - the sleep in sounds like heaven my two both slept until 7 this morning, usually they wake at 6 when dh starts getting ready for work but they slept thru that this morning mmmmm. I havent taken Will to the dr, he hasnt been making the noise anymore, and his cough has really settled down too, so we will wait and see i think...

Melissa - i sooo know what you mean about being hard to handle, Will is so heavy and when he wriggles to get at something i almost drop him :eek:

I just went to look at a block of land that i WANT!! It is 1 acre and has a little dump of a house on it that we could live in while we build a new house. it is going to auction and i am worried that it will go for too much money it is just perfect for us tho...

Ooh - fingers crossed Kell! 1 acre sounds perfect!! I'm glad the cough is sounding better too.

We're having a great at home day today. Emma is absolutely filthy from crawling around outside, but we've had a ball!

Kell Guest

it's very quiet here, the noisy toddler is at preschool and Will is sleeping soundly, 1.5hrs and counting YAY. Molly loves to get dirty too, when we went to look at the block she immediately found the dirt pile...

Hi!

Not much to report. Louis is sleeping terribly at night again and not that great through the day. I think we're back to square one again. Last night he woke up after 30min and just wouldn't resettle. I ended having to cuddle him in front of the tv and he dozed off. I so hope it's just his teeth moving or something (as there's still no sign of them!) We had a big day out shopping today and he dozed in the pram but now won't go to sleep this afternoon. I went into Kmart and got all excited for the toy sale next week!!! They've stocked right up on heaps of toys and I actually found quite a few things that I can get him...

Kell - Glad to hear that you think Will is ok. What a scare though. I hate babies getting sick you just never really know do you?

Melissa - Wow at eyebrow height to the table! We're impressed that Louis can now see over the couch - hehehe.

Linda - Sleep in sounds great!!! Louis has been waking around 6am a the moment - grrr....I'm very jealous of your playtimes outside!! We can't do that because a) it's too cold and b) dh started prepping the backyard for pavers and that is how it is stayed so basically it is a big mud pit! I can't believe I have a landscape gardener as a husband and my front garden is ONLY weeds (seriously there is one plant in it!) and my backyard looks like a bombs hit it - there is even an empty coke can from him doing an hours work back in February!!!! GRRRRR!! (sorry for the vent - hehehe)

Kell - Ooh I hope it stays in your price range! An acre would be just perfect!

Kell Guest

Kristie - i know i would love the room for the kids to play and have a treehouse and we would get a dog - i am getting ahead of myself tho LOL i think the target sale start next week too, theirs is usually pretty good hopefully it is just teeth and it will pass quickly, it could be a growth spurt too?

hi girls.all is well here.yep,still bleeding,filling about 1 pad a day.chantelle still has no sign of teeth either.we also found a house we love on 1.3 acres,we have put an offer in subject to the sale of our house,so we will see what comes of it.i am booking c into tweedle for a week stay.i have to geton top of her sleep probs if i am going to have another bub,i am not looking forward to putting her through it,but i just try to think about the wonderful outcome for all of us.poor james,my 11 y.o has a really bad case of cold sores in his nose.his left nostril is full of them and is very painful,his glands are up aswell,i just got some stuff for it,hope it helps it to clear.well school hols are almost over and i must admit i am looking forward to them going back to school.they have been really good but i need some space and a bit of a break.they are at the movies at the moment seeing superman.must go.
    nikki

Talking YEAH its the weekend

Nicole - good luck with tweedle and Chantelles sleep. I hope that you can sort it all out for everyones well being. Poor James, hope his nose gets better.
    Linda - sounds loke you had heaps of fun in the backyard. Way to cold to let Jordan play in the backyard at the moment. He also isnt crawling yet so he really wouldnt do much.
    Kell - Hope the block of land stays in your price range. A nice large block sounds awesome for the kids.
    Kristie - I hope that Louis's sleep improves.
    Kirstie - Gussy is a little man but he certainly has a big fighting spirit. How is he going with his helmet? Is he still pulling it off?
    Melissa - LOL at Benjamin coughing for attention..... they catch on quick dont they?

Well today was a good day. He didnt sleep much at MILs however he was very happy. He polished off his vegies and meat and a jar of caramel custard for tea..... I was really impressed. He is really getting the hang of solids now.
    He is down for the night (since 7.30) so hoping he will sleep thru till atleast 7am. I wont wake him for the usual 10pm feed and see how we go.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Nikki I hope tweedle helps with the sleep issues.

Tracey - sounds like Jordan is going great guns!

Kristie - sorry to hear things are going badly again. The same cycles seem to happen for us. Everything goes great for a few days & you think it's all over only to find yourself with not enough sleep again in no time. I guess it can't last forever. LOL about your yard & DH being a landscaper! That is always the way!

Well DH is on holidays for 2 weeks now - Yay! So I will have a lot more help with things & more company which is great!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Lots of sleep vibes to the bubbas & Mummas!

Hi!

Well after nearly falling asleep watching a dvd last night dh sent me to bed at 9.00pm!! So at least with Louis waking at 6am I've had a full nights sleep (aside from the 3 times I got up through the night - hehe) I've woken up so sore though - I did a step class yesterday that nearly killed me - hehehe.

Nikki - I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding still. What have the dr's said?? Good luck with the house! Sounds great on a big block...
    Good idea with sleep school. Everytime I get to the end of my tether and think I'm going to book in Louis ends up settling back down again....I think he's playing with me - hehehe. Poor James - hope it all clears up soon.

Tracey - Yeah at Jordan eating all his dinner! I hope he had a sleep in for you.

Linda - It will be great having dh home for a while! I even look forward to weekends where you can get a bit of a break if you want.

Just a question - How much sleep are your bubbas generally having in 24h now? I guess Louis has about 14 hours at the moment (around 3 hours in naps and 11 overnight)

Kell Guest

Nikki - School hols are just starting here. Poor James, hopefully things will clear up soon. The huge block sounds great, i hope you get it *fingers crossed*! I am sure you will find a solution to Chantelles sleep issues, i dont know what i can say except that there is an end in sight

Linda - Yay on DH being home for 2 weeks, its nice just to have someone to help and to have company

Kristie - Will sleeps 12 hrs overnight, 6.30 to 6.30 and then during the day 9-10, 1-3 and sometimes a nap b4 dinner 4.30-5, so thats about 15 hrs or so :eek:

Tracey - hope you had a good night...

Kristie - Emma has about 12 hours at night (ie: anywhere between 10 - 13 hours) & about 1 hour in naps. Usually 2 x 20-30 min naps. So 12-13 hours every 24 hours.

We had a pretty good night. Up at 3:15 for a feed, then at 4:45 when she came into bed with us until 8:15am

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast