Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #12

unfortunantly we didnt get the house,someone put in a higher price,but we were comfortable with the decision not to go any higher.
    c sleeps about 3hours in naps and about 10 hours over night,so about 13 hours.
    enjoy your dh company linda,and take advantage of your time together.
    nikki

how do you transfer video footage from our recorder tape to a normal tape.i have a few and think i better do it soon before they get lost or taped ovewr?
    nikki

I have no idea Nikki - DH does all of ours. Try the book?

Smile yeah got a hair cut

well we had a good night sleep last night. Jordan was aup at 6.30, he had boobs and went back to sleep till 8.30am. I was woken 4 times by the dog though...... you never win!!!!
    I got my hair cut today, layered which is very adventorous for me. I think it looks good. Much more modern that what it was. Its nice to do something for ourselves now and then.
    Nicole I just use av leads from video camera to vcr. when you play the tape on the tele thru the vr you just hit record on the vcr and it records it thru the av leads. Bummer on the house but I am sure you will find something soon.
    Linda sounds as though you got a pretty good sleep.
    Kristie what a nice DH to let you go to sleep early. Sounds as though you got a good sleep though. Just what the doc orders sometimes.
    Hope you are all having a nice weekend. Its chilly again in Melb, bring back the heat

Kell Guest

nikki - you would have to hook the video camera up to the vcr and press play on the camera and record on the vcr ( i think?), there should be more detailed instructions in the video camera instruction book (or maybe even the vcr book?). if you have a dvd recorder you can put your footage straight to dvd ( or if you have a burner on your computer you can do this too)

Thanks for your replies! Well, I don't think he's sleeping too much thats for sure. He's got this funny snuffle thing at the moment. It really sounds like one of his nostrils is blocked but he doesn't have a runny nose and the nose drop things don't help so I'm not too sure how to help him. It really sounds like it's deep back almost to his throat iykwim?? Any ideas??

Geez what would I do without all of you???!!!! You must cringe when you see I've posted - hehehe.

Nikki - Sorry you didn't get the house....did you manage to get your video transferred? I just do what everyone else has said to...

Tracey - Yeah on the good night! Good on you for getting your hair done! It does always make you feel good. I agree - bring on summer!! I want to sunbake (not a pretty sight but noone can see me in the back yard - hehehe)

Believe it or not I actually feel really tired today!! How silly. I actually had a bit of a snooze before but Louis was grizzly and although the door was closed I can't sleep through his grizzling. (dh was trying to make him quiet but like that works - hehe)

Kell - Do you have a dvd burner on your comp? If so what program do you use to burn them??

Kell Guest

Kristie - we usually put the footage on our dvd recorder and burn from that (except it's not burning properly atm grrr) on the puter we use roxio, dh downloaded it from somewhere i think...

Kell Guest

Morning, gee it looks like everyone had a computer free weekend LOL. Hope you all had a nice one. I had my nephew here for lunch yesterday as it was his 10th bday on friday. He lives in newcastle with his mum and visits his dad here for the school hols so we 'borrowed' him to have a mini party for him. I made cupcakes and we decorated them with different icing colours and lollies, Molly had a ball she covered hers in lollies eating one for every one she put on her cake LOL. Jordan will be here again today for the day as his dad and dads gf have to work, Molly is very excited about having him here all day

Will is doing really well, his cough is almost completely gone thankfully!

Kristie - I would keep using the saline drops even if it doesnt seem to help, they will help kill any infection in his throat too. hope Louis was better over the weekend...

Nikki - sorry to hear you missed out on the house, but at least you are comfortable with your decision...

Tracey - it is time for me to have a haircut too, i cant decide what to have done tho It is cold here too, brrrr

Hi!

Grrr I just wrote a long post and lost it......

I can't be bothered writing it all again so here's briefly. We headed out to dh's omas yesterday as she has sadly been diagnosed with Liver cancer. It was a great day with all his family around and of course Louis the centre of attention. He did really welll with barely any sleep (and 1 1/2 for the day!!!) and all that stimulation. He slept quite well but needed a feed at 5.30am this morning but went back to sleep until 8am and played in his cot until 8.30am so thats good! (I've put a baby poo toy in there and he plays with that so definitely a worthwhile idea!)

Kell - Great to hear you had a good w/e! Sounds so cute making cupcakes - LOL at Molly eating the lollies...so cute.
    Louis' snuffles seemed to have cleared a little more - he still snores when he's asleep though - so cute.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend and bubbas are doing well!

Kristie, What is a baby poo toy? he ha! Sounds very funny. On the sleep question, Gus has about the same as Louis - probably about 13-15 hours each day! Generally it's broken down as follows: a cumulative total overnight of between 10 and 13 hours overnight and then 2-3 sleeps during the day totalling about 3-4 hours. Cause of all his medical and allied health appointments we don't really have a strict routine. He pretty much sleeps whenever he is tired and not being poked, prodded or tested.

Kell, Sounds like you have had lots of fun with Jordan. Must be cute watching your two interact with a "big boy". The cupcakes sound really yymmy.

Linda, Hope you enjoy your extra time with DH while he's on holidays. Sounds lovely. Am a little envious. Re your AF question, like Melissa I've been getting AF from about 6 weeks following Gus's birth. But they are still 40+ days apart so it's kind of hard to work out my cycle. We haven't decided when to back up again - given just how much "fun" this pregnancy was! Probably next year some time.

Tracey, Great to hear Jordan is going so well with his solids. He sounds like a darling baby! Have you had any success in getting him to stay asleep without waking him at 10pm? You'll have to post a photo of you with your new hairstyle. It sounds lovely!

Nikki, Sorry to hear you didn't get the house. Let's hope there's a perfect one just around the corner. How are you feeling pg wise? Great idea booking Chantelle into the residential sleep school. I think it has to be so much more effective than the single day-visits. We did the residential programme with Tresillian - but for Gus's bf/sucking issues. There were loads of sleep challenged bubbas there who seemed to be improving as the week progressed. Make sure you take ear plugs with you for sleeping at night (with all the other bubbas crying I had my worst ever sleeps while there) he ha! All the smart mummys had ear plugs with them and slept beautifully as they had a nurse come and wake them when their baby needed attending to, so could sleep comfortably in between.

Melissa, Wow at your lovely tall boy. Must be so cute watching Benjamin standing next to your kitchen table. I'm soooo impatient for that day in our house! he ha! How are Bejamin's sore ears? Do you know whether it was teething or an ear infection this time? Poor little man!

Well not much to report here. We now have Gus in his helmet with a chin strap. He is very very angry that he can't get it off on his own now. He's spent the morning fiddling with the buckle on the chin strap (it's like a belt buckle) trying to work out how to open it. He ha. Hope that it beats him! We had a terrible time in the pool at hydrotherapy last week. Gus screamed at full volume for the whole time he was in the water. He used to be such a water baby so it's made me a little sad that this phase might now have passed! He's not enjoying his showers and baths as much this week either. Boo hoo - let's hope it's just a passing thing.
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; July 3rd, 2006 at 01:18 PM.

Hi!

Wow it's so quiet in here! We had a good day. I've booked in for gymbaroo in Wed so we'll see how he goes. Back to work for me today - Lots to get ready for classes starting tomorrow and back to preparing for the concert! GRRR. It's just soo much work but hopefully I'll be organised so it will run somewhat smoothly.

Forgot to write earlier that Louis learnt to wave bye bye yesterday! It's so cute - he's been doing it all day and did it at creche today as well. It was so nice, for the first time I went into the creche (I was at the gym) and I walked in and he came crawling over as quick as he could and climbed up my legs and I picked him up and gave me a big slobber mouth like a big kiss! It was so nice! hehehe (silly me....)

Kirsty - Hehehe - sorry should have written winnie the pooh toy! hehehe. It's so cute and it's holding onto a little teddy blanky and Louis loves it... Yeah our sleeps are generally all over the place. He was up heaps this morning from me going to the gym but then he slept for just over two hours over lunch!!! He never does that! (It was good for me to get some work done!)
    I wonder how long it will take him to work the buckle out - hehe. They are just so clever these little bubbas. Poor Gussy not enjoying his water - hopefully it's just a stage and he'll enjoy it again soon.

I hope everyone is doing well....

Kirsty - sorry Gus isn't enjoying the water anymore. I hope he doesn't figure out that buckle!

Kristie - that slobbery kiss jusds adorable!! How sweet!

Kell - the cooking sounds great. I can't wait to do things like that with Emma.

Emma has just started burying her head into our shoulder as a cuddle - I love it! It only lasts a few seconds at a time though! And if DH holds her she will reach out to me for a group cuddle! So cute!!

I've been sick as a dog. Knocked flat with the flu, I've never had one like it. I could hardly move. But it left as quickly as it came & I feel almost back to normal.

Emma now says 'Pop', but makes a popping noise with her mouth (really hard to explain) instead of the word. It's kind of like a kiss noise. So funny!! Her Pop was thrilled! Oh & we were videoing her today while everyone was trying to get her to say 'Nana" & 'Pop' & guess what she said?......'Mum'!!!! & I have the video to prove it!! She hasn't said it since though

I had a big baking day today. Cooked a cake, a slice, scones, bikkies & muffins!! :eek: I probably won't do that again for a while! But I've filled the freezer which is nice.

Kell Guest

Morning!

Kirsty - Hopefully Gussy's aversion to water is just a phase, has anything changed at the pool or bath time that could explain it? it may just be a matter of perseverance... Molly is a real water baby too, but she HATES showers *shrug* not sure why? Molly loves having Jordan to play with, but he is at that age where being told to play with a 3 yr old girl doesnt do much for him LOL

Kristie - Louis waving sounds v cute, it is so amazing when they learn to do things you realise they have spent all this time watching you and taking things in Will gives kisses too, but they are just big open mouth slobbers really LOL

Linda - Glad to hear you are feeling better, sounds like a shocking flu. Molly loves to help with the cooking, as long as i dont mind the mess afterwards it is really fun Will loves cuddles too, but mostly when he;s tired he'll burrow into my chest or shoulder - it's sweet....makes me want more LOL

i am having problems with phone companys atm, too long to go into details suffice to say i HATE telstra and am disliking aapt atm too!!! Anyway grocery shopping today *yuk* and tomorrow i have Will's apt with MCHN and Molly is booked in for a xmas in july craft morning at which santa is going to visit, i havent told her yet she will be very excited. On sat my sis is taking Molly back to the coast to stay with her grandparents (IL's) and i will pick her up on Monday, i am not looking forward to it - i will miss her she will love it tho...

Hope you all have a good day

Aaww, how long is she staying there for Kell? That would be really hard.

DH went for a surf at 6am. Then the phone rang at 7:30, right when Emma & I were having breakfast. He said his spare key wouldn't open the car so I had to drive out there with his other keys. So I drove out to the beach & asked him if he tried the actual key in the keyhole (not just the button) & he didn't!!! Lucky I was in a good mood because I drove out there for nothing!!!! So we went & had a coffee at a nice little cafe at the beach. Oh - & did I mention it was raining!

Emma slept brilliantly last night! She didn't wake for a feed until 4.40am, then went back to bed until 7am. Our best night for a long time!!

Emma is 9 months today!!! Yippee!!

thats great linda,c also slept well last night,woke at 11pm,then 5am and slept till 7.30.
    grrr at dh,sometimes you could strangle them......
    nikki

Kell Guest

Linda and Nikki - yay on the good sleeps, Chantelle and Emma must have decided to give their mums a break Linda, what would dh's do without us LOL...
    Molly is going on sat and i am picking her up mon so only two nights, they wanted her for a week *eek* but i draw the line at two nights - it will be hard enough. especially since i dont really get along with MIL...

WOW so much has happened since I last visited.
    Yeah Linda and Nikki on the improved sleep, lets hope that it continues.
    Linda WOW on Emma saying "mum" thats terrific. What a clever little girl
    Kristie bummer about going back to work but great news about the gymbaroo. I really want to get Jordan involved in something like that so we will see.
    Kell try and enjoy the little break whilst Molly is away. I wouldnt let Jordan go away for a week even if I liked my IL's. I thinks thats too long for a little one.
    Kirstie HAHAHA about the buckle on the helmet. I bet it wont be long before Gus works out how to take it off though, he sounds like a clever little fella.

Well Jordan has been really chucky for the last couple days. Not sure whats up there. He isnt miserable or anything so I guess maybe he just over pigged himself. He has pulled himself up onto his knees a couple of times lately so think that crawling isnt to far away.
    As for me I am 5 days late for AF. I am not getting too excited yet. I thnk I will take a test on Friday if it still hasnt arrived. This would only be my 2nd since Jordan was born so dont think I would be regular yet??? I would love to be pregnant again but wont be disappointed if AF does turn up. I might cave before Friday but I will keep you posted.

Ooh - Tracey - you are good being able to wait until Friday! Good luck with the test - I can't wait to hear the result!!

Nikki - glad to hear your night went well last night too. How are things going? Are you still bleeding? Have you had any more U/Ss?

Well Emma hasn't really said Mum again, so I don't think it really counts. She is just loving having her Daddy home for holidays though, we are having a ball!

I made a vege patch today!! I'm so excited! It has spinach, lettuce & snow peas in it. I really hope it grows!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast