Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #12

Kell Guest

Hi kristie! looks like just you an me the extra $$ does help, but it feels like it should be more iykwim? you put in soo much effort etc... i wouldnt worry about the panadol too much if he is still sick, as long as you're not doping him to sleep all day long if you're worried try and settle him tonight without it just to make sure he is not getting 'used' to it b4 sleeping iykwim? i am on the phone to telstra atm trying to sort out my mobile probs, it is so hard not to get mad at the person on the other end of the phone i know it is not their fault but i get so mad at having to repeat myself all the time!! and then i have to go thru the menus options about 3 times until i finally said 'put me thru to someone' and they did straight away! wonders never cease LOL

I'm here!!

Kell, Emma has lumps too. She ate spag bol last night! Just chopped finely.

Kristie - I'm with you on the money thing. Seems everyone else does well from your business but you. But apart from the money I think it does a lot for your state of mind.

A bad night here. Up every 2 hours. Hoping it could be teeth (finally?) . Oh yeah - she is proper crawling now too! It was exactly a month from when she started commando. She still does commando when she wants to go fast though LOL.

Kell Guest

Linda - Molly used to do the same until she got more confidant crawling when she wanted to go fast it was commando all the way LOL

Hi!

We're off to Bonnie Doon for the weekend so I've been out shopping and finalising work for the week. We may even stay up for Monday as dh as a rdo and he might go to work with his dad (both landscapers) for the day for some extra cash. When dh said we'd be there 3 days I decided I'll have to take my computer! hehe. So hopefully will be able to jump on at some point. Also to do work of course....

Kell - I think it's upsetting too when the parents complain about what you charge (when I'm the cheapest around!) and then you end up feeling guilty for trying to make a living out of it - hehehe. So silly but its frustrating sometimes. He went to sleep no worries without panadol last night but obviously needed it in the early hours. He seems a bit better today so we'll see how we go tonight. It's a lot colder up at the PIL house so I'll have to rug him up!
    Bugger about Telstra. It can be so frustrating. I hope you have some success today!

Linda - I completely agree - I think I would go crazy without doing anything. Well, I wouldn't if we were wealthy because then I could just shop all day and go spend money!! hehe. But as we are I would go crazy without something to keep my brain active and talking to people about things other than babies! (as much as I love that as well!)
    Sorry to hear you had a bad night with Emma. Ooh I wonder if it is teeth? I'm still waiting for teeth here as well.....Yeah on the crawling!! Thats great. I think it took Louis a good 2-3 weeks before he could go fast. Now if he sees something he wants there's no stopping him!

Have a great weekend!!

Kristie - have a great weekend!! I too could handle not working if I had all the money in the world

Are you a dance teacher too Kell? Or am I getting confused?

Well holidays are nearly over, DH is back to work next week. They have gone so fast!!

kristie have a great weekend away
    Linda hope you have a nice weekend before DHs returns to work
    Kell Hope you sorted out your mobile phone issues

Well it has been quiet in here. I have nothing much to report. Jordan is still only commando crawling. He is now on 3 solid meals a day and loving it. I bought him baby petite miam and he loves it. He is still sleeping well and this morning I found him on his tummy in his cot, 1st time ever. I was a bit worried do have checked him a couple times tonight already.
    Off to a tuppaware party tomorrow and then seeing our friends and their new baby on sunday. I hopefully wont get too clucky. They have a son Charlie who is turning 1 on the 1st AUgust and then the new bubs (a girl) who is about 3 weeks old. Gee they have their hands full.

Have a nice night and a great weekend

Benjamin has been enjoying time through the day at his Aunts since I've started back at work. He's learnt a few new things like turning door knobs and standing up from crawling unassisted. I miss him heaps while I'm working, having gone from full time looking after him to leaving him at the Sil's for 13 hours a day, 4 days a week. He came home yesterday and he's got conjunctivitus and the sniffles. We'll have to try and get on top of both before Monday.

Tracey - Sorry to hear that the test was negative. I had been getting 40 day cycles for a while, but I'm back to the normal 28 days now. Benjamin is getting more teeth too, he's got 4 top teeth just ready to pop through. Not sure in which order they'll come through though

Kristie - Benjamin eats lumps too. He loves when he gets yoghurts though, because it just slides down.

Kell - Benjamin loves the wiggles too. We are thinking of getting some dvd's of them for his birthday this year.

Hello to everyone else I've missed

Melissa

Melissa LOVE Benjamins new photo, what a cutie.

Hope everyone has a good sleep. NIGHT NIGHT

Melissa - it must be so hard leaving him. It's great you have your SIL to leave him with though - much easier!

Tracey - Emma commando crawled for a month before 'real' crawling. She still goes commando when she's in a hurry!

We had a sleep through last night! Only I couldn't sleep. Typical!!!

My SIL was playing with Emma & her baby on the floor today & Emma tried to stand up while my niece gave her a BALL to lean on - as I jumped up & called out for someone to grab her she fell back & hit her head on the floorboards! I was so annoyed at my SIL - she was only worried that her baby cried because of it!!!gggrrrr. Mind you Emma was over it in a minute, but I'm still getting used to my baby bumping herself like that. I just want to wrap her in cotton wool LOL.

Linda I know what you mean aboutwanting to wrap them in cotton wool!! Tori constantly has bruises on her head from one thing or another and scratches from the cat on her hands! She just loves the cat though and chases her around!

Sleep school went well on friday and tori is now being sort of cc herself to sleep, it only takes about 15 minutes which is great and now sleeps for much longer periods. They said that if I am still struggling to cut out the night feeds in a months time then they will take me in the residential one for a few nights to help out. They gave me a great daily plan though to help cut out the breast feeds in the middle of the day so i can get some money coming in some how. I'm startingto feel really guilty (and Dp doesnt do this to me, its just me) about spending money and not earning any. I have joined an exercise class lately and I feel so bad for going even though its only $10 a session and I love it, I keep thinking I end up going 3 time s a week thats $30 and that adds up bla bla bla....

Nikki - when are you going to your sleep school?? Are we still on for this week? How are you going? Have you have any work from bettina yet? We havnt, I'm going to get some more pictures on her site but they said they have to have the white background which makes it very hard.

Guess what?? We now have 3 teeth!! Thats right girls and she has learnt how to grind them, its a terrible noise I tell you!!

Better go get some sleep. Speak tomorrow!
    I hope you have all had a great weekend

Ooh teeth grinding!! Cindy - so are you going back to work or working from home ( sorry if you have already said).

Kell Guest

Morning!

hope everyone had a great weekend, we had a pretty quiet one. I went shopping in penrith yesterday with mum, my sis and Molly. Dh got to stay home with Will They had a great day tho DH said. Molly had a ball at the shops and i got lots of new winter clothes for next year really cheaply so a good day all around! Will has his 4th tooth thru, did i already mention that LOL? I got a bday pressie for Will too, a cube table thing with a different activity on each side (an abacus, a magnetic board etc..) and a bonus wagon full of blocks which i think he will like and Dh will like as it doesnt make noise LOL.

Linda - Nope not a dance teacher. i dont work at all atm, except for maths tutoring some days. Ouch, poor emma hope she is ok after her fall. Will whacked his head on the tiles in the kitchen the other day, but i know what you mean about wrapping them up. they get such a confused look on their face when they are hurt

Kristie - hope you had a nice weekend away, ahhh the serenity LOL

Cindy - ooo i hate the grinding noise! Glad to hear the sleep school went so well, heres to great sleeping from now on! ikwym about the feeling guilty about not earning money but it helps to remember that raising tori IS a job, just one that you dont get financial compensation for...

Melissa - it sounds hard to leave Benjamin, but its good that sil will watch him for you

Tracey - i didnt get anywhere with telstra or the company who sent the phone so i have contacted the ombudsman and will see if that gets me anywhere...

Will has learnt a few new words he now says tickle tickle, it is sooo cute he pokes his tongue in and out and slurs it but is is still pretty clear, he shakes his head no and this morning i think he said yes - maybe hearing things LOL. better go and put him down for his morning nap....

Kell - what a clever boy learning those words!! That's great!

We had a really bad night last night, but Emma's not well, so understandable. From what I know, I swear it must be teeth. She's snotty & coughing, but doesn't really have a cold IYKWIM, she's pooing several times a day & has a nappy rash

Kell Guest

Linda - sounds like teeth, hopefully they are not too far away and things will go back to normal. btw Will loves to suck on a wet face cloth when he's getting teeth. he gets a bit messy but it keeps him happy for ages...

Oh Kell - it's funny you say that because she just LOVES sucking her washer in the bath ATM - she cries if you try to take it off her! I will offer it to her more then - I can imagine it would feel nice for them.

Kell Guest

Will is the same in the bath, we have one washer for sucking and one for cleaning LOL

linda,hope her teeth come through fast and with ease for her.chantelle had a bad night aswell.up 5 times,she has been doping this for a week now.but no sign of teeth that i can see.
    cindy,kristie and tracey looking forward to seeing you all on wednesday.if you have any probs give me a call otherwise i will see you all at about 11am.
    as for me i am now 12 weeks pregnant.still getting tired aesily but otherwise well.bleeding has slowed right down and is due to a heamatoma,which is harmless too baby.i am starting to feel more positive and have booked in to see my ob finally.
    chantelle learnt how to clap hands yesterday,tis sooo cute.she also loves to make a noise and lets us pat her mouth to make a babababab noise,very funny,she seems to be learning so much at the moment.she is scooting around everywhere now that she has learnt to crawl,i am really enjoying her at the moment.
    nikki

Poor littly Gussy has a bad case of the flu with a middle ear infection. He's a very unhappy sick little boy. He's having really high temperatures and we are having trouble getting them under control even with panadol, neurofen and antibiotics.

We have a Braun Thermoscan thermometer. For some reason it has flipped from reading in celsius to farenheit. We can't seem to work out how to flip it back to celsius. Does anyone have any idea how to change it back to reading in celsius?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast