Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #12

Kell Guest

Morning all!
    Well my little girl is back!!! and can i just say never again, i now remember why i dont like her going to the il, they let her get away with anything she wants and feed her nothing but rubbish so she spends all her time there on a sugar high and then i get her coming down after we leave grrrr. Molly is a very excitable girl, she has manic personality traits like her dad and his family and so she really needs to have a strict routine and kept calm as much as possible but the il insist on keeping her wound up all day, my mil just cannot let kids be she has to have them excited ALL the time, so of course they wind Molly up and then she gets overtired and cranky and it takes me a week to get her back into a calm routine, grrr. i could go on, but i wont bore you all with the details haha...
    Will is doing great, he is off his food a bit atm but i wonder if he has teeth coming thru, it's not like he cant handle a few days with a small amount of food LOL. did i mention he is finally sitting on his own (lazy bugger LOL) and is starting to push up onto his knees in the crawling position, so wont be too long there either. i have noticed that is so much harder to baby proof for the second one, Molly has small toys all over the house like marbles and things Will could choke on. i am going have to make sre she keeps her toys in her bedroom until he gets bigger (at least no more mess in the lounge room YAY )

Hope you all have a good day...

Hi!

We had a shocker hear last night. Louis woke every 30min except for a couple of 2 hours blocks. Grrrr. I brought him into bed when dh woke up at 5am and then he slept for 3 more hours....I slept fairly average with him but it was better than getting up all the time. Typical it would be on the day I've got work! Never mind.

Cindy - I've emailed you!

Tracey - Have you tested????? Next Wednesday suits me so we'll wait for the ok from Nikki...It certainly is horrible in Melb at the moment.

Kell - Glad to hear you've got Molly home. That would be so annoying getting her back like that though....I hope she settles down quickly!

Have a good one!

hi gals,yep,next wednesday will be great.lets make it happen girls.....how is 11am.
    my adress...54 grandview resent,hillside.my mobile...0412 371 417.
    nikki

Yeah! Excellent. Nikki what would you like me to bring?

Cindy - Do you want to go together or will it be easier to drive seperately? I'm not sure how to do the whole car seat thing.....It doesn't bother me either way....

Kristy - I can't believe Gus is coming up onto his first birthday in a couple of weeks, what have you got planned for the little guy?

Cindy - Don't worry about the weight loss thing too much with Tori. As long as you know you're feeding her, and she seems pretty contented, you've done nothing wrong. If Tori is as active as Benjamin is, she's going to fluctuate in the weight department. Don't let them make you feel bad!

Katkins - I hope the move went well?

Tracey - Can't wait to hear how your test went...

Melissa

ok girls, got a little time while the girls are asleep to catch up a bit. We are in the new house, and unpacking (which I estimate will be finished in oooh about 6yrs! HAHA). I only have net access thru unwired atm as DH hasn't unpacked the stuff to connect our ADSL so I drop out VERY often here (stupid unwired network and living in an area that is on the fringe). We've replaced the locks, a couple of lights (stupid ppl here before had a light that blew the ciruit every time u turned it on!) and some quotes on fixing the kitchen and doing renos. Only problem is we seem to have asbestos in the kitchen and some other areas *GRRR AT the COST increases*. But we will make do. Found out today that my sister in Law is PG again (she m/c'd the last one at around 8wks). She's 13wks along now and is telling ppl now she feels safe. My friend is now 13wks too after m/c her last pgcy at around 8wks so I am surrounded by pg women and all I can think of is how I WANT to be pg again! I know it's selfish but I feel like I am obsessed by these feelings! Every waking hr I want to be pg and have another baby. I even dream about it and I hate that I'm not allowed to yet. I KNOW how hard it will be, but I also know how rewarding children are!

Tracy, with Jess, I kept testing neg POAS till I was 10wks pg. The only way I knew was I had m/sness and that tipped me to go get BT done which showed +ve. Goodluck to all those testing!!!

Kerrie- AI know what you mean about everyone being pregnant around you! I keep thinking I would love to be again but I definately need tori to sleep through the night before that happens. She is great contraception at the moment anyway!

Nikki - count me in for next week!

Kristie - I dont mind either way either, I have a second point in my car though if that is easier for you, I know how to put the car seats in but you would need an extension cord bit coz I have a wagon for it to reach to the back of!

Not much happening here, tori nad i had a day of shopping and she was such a good girl for me!

I had better get going though, she is due to go to bed and I am hoping to go at the same time too!

Speakl soon

See you tomorrow kristie

Kristie - we had a night like that last night too. Was it really cold there? It was -3 the night before last. So last night Emma came into bed with me at 12:30 & DH got kicked out into the spare room LOL. It was better than no sleep at all!

We had a clinic visit today. All is well. Emma put on almost a whole kg in the last 6 weeks! She now weighs 7.76kg. As far as sleep goes she said that if I'm happy doing what I'm doing then just keep on with it. I told her I had friends telling me I should be CC her by now (everyone seems to say this!) & she just said every baby is different & if I'm happy it's fine. She said if they keep on about it just tell them she sleeps through the night!! LOL She said - they're probably lying to you anyway!! Anyway, she really made me feel better about what we are doing & that it doesn't matter what others think, as long as I am comfortable with what we do. She is awesome.

Have any of you turned your car seat around yet? The nurse said it would be fine to do it now & I'm thinking of doing it. I think Emma would be much happier facing the front. WDYT?

Hi!

How's this - Louis was leaning against my knees today and he always takes one hand off, but today he started patting my knee with the other one - so he was standing on his own!! Only for a second but I thought it was pretty clever...hehehe. He can crawl around so fast now...If he sees something he likes he's off! cheeky boy.

Cindy - I think I might just drive myself...I'm thinking of dropping into my old work colleagues in the city since I'll be kind of going that way. I haven't seem them in a couple of years so....
    Yep I'll see you tomorrow! It will be good to catch up!

Linda - we have ducted heating so no chance of it being too cold. I'm sure its just because he's got a runny/blocked nose. I've given him some panadol and nose drops tonight to hope for a better sleep. I don't usually like giving panadol but he's obviously got a cold so.... he didn't even have good day sleeps today either. Poor little monkey.
    I agree Linda - you do whatever your comfortable with. We went to cc when I was at my limit and needed the sleep. If you're coping ok with the way things are than thats great. I know it's so annoying when everyone tells you what you should/shouldn't be doing....Thats great that Emma's doing so well! What a weight gain!!
    I turned Louis' car seat around about a months ago! He loves it heaps more. The only problem is his toys drop on the floor - hehe. But most of the time he's content just to look around.

Kell Guest

linda - yep we turned Will around a while ago, as kristie said they tend to drop things out of reach more often so Dh always volunteers to drive and i end up stretching aorund to the back all the time to find whatever it is What a good weight gain, i agree with the sleeping, go with what you are happy with!
    Kristie - Louis is such a clever boy, isnt it lovely to watch all these milestones happen right b4 your eyes we have ducted heating too, but turn it off during the night so it still gets cold here. we have been down as low as -7 this winter (not inside, but outside obviously haha). Will is great tho, he still keeps all his blankets on (for now anyway) and when he wakes he is still all wrapped up under his blankies v.cute.
    Kerrie - yay on the new house, grrr at the hidden costs hopefully there will be no more *fingers crossed*.

Anyone have the baby einstein dvd's? MIL bought them for the kids and then gave them as an early xmas present (in JULY hello!!) so now when they get nothing at xmas they will be upset...anyway off topic LOL...i dont think they are that great. everyone raves about them, but i havent gotten them b4 because i dont want to 'educate' my kids too early iykwim? but i figure MIL bought them i will see, if they dont like them i am not going to force them (as if Will has an opinion LOL) but if they do then thats great.
    Will has both of his top teeth now, that makes 4 which makes for a cute smile..
    Busy day ahead, have a good one.....

chantelle had a very bad night last night,up every 1.5 hours grrrr!we are booked into tweedle for a weekend stay at the end of august....a very long waiting list.
    chantelle learnt to crawl yesterday.it was just georgous,when she did it she sat there for a minute and you could see her little mind ticking over as if she was thinking..wow did i just move from that spot to this spot.well she has been crawling around every moment she can find now.just adorable.she seems so happy now and spent alot of the day entertaining herself yesterday exploring.she stil has no teeth.corey woke up yesterday and was soooo excited that his two bottom teeth are finally wiggly.he just couldnt wait to get to school to tell the whole class at show and tell.he is nearly 8 so he has been waiting for along time since alot of his friends have lost theres 2 years ago.james told me this morning that he thinks he might like to ask a girl to GO OUT WITH HIM...omg....he is growing up.corey was funny,he said...ohhh where are you going with her,can i come.LOL!!!
    wonder how traceys test went.im guessing it was negative otherwise she would have been on staright away to tell us her news.
    nikki

Thumbs down AF arrived NEG HPT

Hi everyone

Yeah HPT was negative, funy thing was a did it in the morning and by lunch AF had arrived. I had a 39 day cycle, the longest I have ever had. I am a little disappointed and I think DH is aswell but we have plenty of time.
    Nicole YEAH on chantelles crawling, what a clever little chicken. Hope that the tweedle stay does help with the sleeping, pity you have to wait till august though. Next wednesday is great for me so count me in.
    Kristie What a clever little boy Louis is pulling himself up, he is such a quick learner. Sorry to hear you had a bad night.
    Linda YEAH on the weight gain. Hope you have caught up on your sleep after the bad night. Hopefully all these bubs will grow out of this phase shortly so everyone can feel human again.
    Kell I have a baby eintseen DVD, we got it as a christening gift. I put it on for Jordan and he watches it, it annoys me though as the music is classical, why not rock music
    CIndy cant wait to meet you and Tori next wednesday. hope you had a good day shopping.
    Kerrie hope that everything with the house gets sorted out for you. Are you wanting to have a 3rd baby soon? thats strange about neg test till 10weeks.... well i have AF so thats good indication that tests were right.

As for us, I think Jordan is cutting a new tooth however not the top middle ones, one off to the side up the top. I was rubbing his gums and felt something sharp. Can he cut them before the front ones?
    We are also learning to crawl. We are currently commando crawling backwards, its quite funny. He is getting everywhere he wants to just by rolling and pushing himself back. He is trying to get up onto his knees so think in the next couple weeks we may be mobile. Heaven help me.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I am off to a friends this afternoon she bought a new house so going to check it out. Think I will stop and get some yummy donuts before I go though

tracey, teeth can come thru in any weird order. So it's possible he's cutting a side tooth, so the front one may just be crooked untill the side ones push it into place (have two dental nurses for sisters so get told allllllll about teething issues and teeth problems etc). Poor bubba. Teeth can make them so miserable. Jess is irritable a lot last few days and pulling at her ear. She's not constantly irritable or earache irritable...so I'm gathering it's just teeth. Yay the joys of teething. And yes I do want another baby. My babies grow too fast and are very independant and I feel I only have a baby for a couple of months. I have soooo much love to give children and I want a house FULL of kids, but with two so young, I know it's not fair on them and I would find it hard so we are holding off till Kat and jess are out of nappies and at least in pre-school so I can get some time to myself and the next bubba and not be quite so hard up for time.... I know it's the sensible thing to do, but it doesn't stop me longing to be pg NOW and longing to have another baby NOW.

Oh, jess has been leopard crawling for months now and is happy to do that 90% of the time to get around on the floor. She can crawl normally, but not as fast so she sticks mainly to leopard crawling. She is starting to pull herself up now tho. She crawls over to my legs and climbs up them. So funny watching her....

Hi!

Well we had a busy busy day. Off to gymbaroo and then home for 1/2 an hour for lunch and off to mothers group. Poor Louis had almost no sleep all day so did so well really. Very cross tonight though...hopefully he sleeps ok. He did really well at gymbaroo and climbed up steps and through tunnels etc...so cute. At mothers group one of the ladies FIL came over with his puppy and Louis was so excited. We went and had a sit out with her and Louis was pointing to her nose and bopping up and down loving it. I wish I could give him a puppy! Oh well, will have to wait until we buy a house.

Kell - Louis keeps his blankets on too! We leave it on 15 or 16 overnight so it doesn't get too cold.
    I haven't bothered with the baby einstein videos and I don't think I will (especially if its boring music - hehehe) I'm sure Louis prefers to bop to raggs or new mcdonalds farm anyway! Will must look so cute with his toothie-pegs!

Nikki - Sorry to hear you had a bad night...Yeah on Chantelles crawling!! What a clever girl. Wow on James asking a girl out - that must seem so weird! Louis doesn't have any teeth yet either....

Tracey - Sorry to hear that af arrived....Sounds like Jordans doing well with new teeth and learning to crawl! There's such busy little kids now!

Kerrie - Hopefully the time will go quickly and it will be time to ttc before you know it!

Sweet dreams

Kell Guest

Nikki - wow sounds like all of yours are going thru one milestone or another, having James ask a girl out must be sweet hope C slept better last night.
    Kristie - My sis just visited from newcastle and brought their new puppy beagle, Will just loved him he was laughing and squealing the whole time just trying to get near him! Hope Louis slept well after his big day yesterday. I agree with the baby einstein thing, Will likes to watch the Wiggles when Molly has it on
    Kerrie - sounds like Jess is on the move... I wanted a house full of kids too, but cant decide anymore - will wait and see i think hmmm.

having a quiet few days here, another mum from preschool is taking Molly this afternoon so I will get some quiet time with Will Have you all introduced soft lumps in their food yet? Will sometimes eats them and other times gags, what age is it supposed to be introduced?
    have a good one....

Hi!

Well we've had two good nights in a row here! Louis only woke once at 6am this morning but went back to sleep until 7.30am after I put the dummy in!!! I can't believe it. Mind you the two nights he's had a dose of panadol and nose drops before bed to help so....wish I could give panadol everynight - hehehe! Still it's been nice.
    Both days though he's been so busy and only had around 1-2 hours of naps so I'm just wondering if it suits him a bit better? Who really knows....

Kell - It must be hard to balance out the time. My mum has said that I should wait before ttc to spend more time with Louis but each new bubba that we have will already have to share it's time iykwim? I suppose you just have to do what you can....
    Louis eats lumps - he will eat pasta that is just fork mashed but he prefers foods that are easier to scoff down. He likes eating his finger foods though - lumps of cheese, fruit, veggies. If I mash potato with chicken and other veggies I try not to mash it too much iykwim, so there's at least a few lumps of carrot and broccoli....

Hi!

I think I can hear an echo.......

I hope you're all well! We had a shocker here last night. Louis woke heaps and at 4.30am after dozing for 10min here 20min there for the last hour I tried water - nup, bf - nup, nose drops - nup, panadol - yep! I hadn't given him before going to bed but as soo as I gave it to him he fell straight asleep. I know it doesn't work instantly but it was really weird.

How much is too much? I know what the dosage says but I've given him 1 dose a day for the last 3 days and I don't want to keep giving it to him. He's still sniffly and sick so it hasn't worried me too much but still....

Otherwise not much to report. We had a big day yesterday and he was such a good boy. We didn't get home until 45min after his dinner time so the poor little monster was so hungry. Finished all my bookwork so I can do my tax return which is good. A bit depressing when I see the the final figures (ie my wage!) after a year of hard work. I sometimes wonder whether it's worth it but I suppose even an extra $100-200 a week makes a difference in the budget....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast