Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in October 2005 #15

Hi!

Oh Kirsty what a difficult place for you to be in! No wonder you're emotional - you have every right to be...I have no pearls of wisdom but I'm thinking of you.
    You're holiday sounds great!! Let us know if you think you may have time to catch up as I'm sure we could meet you in Melbourne one day at the park of something. I'm sure Nikki, Cindy and Tracey would love it!

Kell - I hope Wills head is ok! Whoops! I'm sure I'll have lots of mishaps like that when no.2 arrives! Louis is such a little roughnut!

Melissa - Yeah on Benjamin taking steps also!!

Not much to report - Louis is doing well - his bottom seems to be clearing up but still no sign of teeth so now I'm wondering whether its been a bit of diarrhoea or something??
    Sweet dreams!

Sorry I have been a bit slack lately, its hell to get to use the computer here at mums with all my brothers on it all the time.

All is going well though, tori is surviving my working, I'm not though, I'm buggered and have been coming home and having a sleep every day. Its good to have some big people conversation though with no bub around.
    I'm going alright on the pregnancy side of life - still no scan done but from the blood tests I am due anywhere from the 14th to the 28th of April. KRistie - we may end up with bubbas born on the same day again!!!
    I swear my belly is already growing. I am really keen to stop feeding tori at the moment but scared to do it coz she isnt putting on weight still. The issue is that when I am feeding I am having really bad contractions in my uterus, just like I did when she was first born. I hate it and it makes me feel sick so I keep cutting her feeds down to shorter time. We are down to 4 feeds now though, she has cut one of her night feeds out now she has a better hang of the eating thing.
    Nikki how are you going?
    Tracey - Hows things?
    Kristie - Are you getting a belly yet? Maybe I am cozI am eating so bloody much!
    Best be going, I have a smelly 2 years olds nappy to deal with! I cant believe thursdays are my day off and I have a 2 year old to look after on it! I love my lukey boy though

Hi Cindy!

Wow what a time to be so busy! I don't blame you for having a sleep every arvo. I nearly fell asleep yesterday afternoon while Louis was watching New mcdonalds farm - hehe.
    How funny would it be if we did have the next ones together - hehe.
    Good luck with the feeding - Louis is only having a morning and a night feed now although he's really fussing at the night feed so I think we'll be down to 1 soon. You've done so well to get this far and if you're feeling unwell b/f maybe it's time to consider stopping? I think Louis will pretty much self wean the way we're going but otherwise I'll cut out his last feed after his birthday. My goal was always 12m so.....

No belly for me yet! It took me ages to show last time so I assume it will be the same again - I have a retroverted uterus so it takes a while to pop out. I've got a fat belly though - hehehe. I've put on a kg of lard already which is not good. I'm starting this p/g off 2kg heavier than I did with Louis so god help me at the end of it!! hehe. I can't stop eating though.....hehe.

OMG. I just got an email from one of my wedding clients. The first baby of any of my wedding couples was due soon.....she just emailed me to tell me the baby passed away on delivery. I can't believe it. This is so awful. How could that happen. I just don't know what to do...

Smile 10 months today

Linda - I am so sorry for your friends loss. I also had a friend who lost their bubs 2 days before their due date. It was awful. They now have a beautiful baby girl who is 6 months old. I hope that they get thru this awful time.
    Kristie - Good to see you are doing well. I wouldnt worry about your weight, you have an excuse now and I am sure you will loose it when you are running after Louis soon enough. WOW on him taking a couple of steps.
    Cindy - Good to see you are doing well, bummer about getting so tired from work though. Its good you can have a nap though when you need one. If you need to stop BF'ing I am sure Tori will do fine on formula. Maybe you could start her on the toddler milk, they arent to far away from 12 months now???
    Kirstie - Hope you have a nice holiday and I am sure Gus will love playing with your friends children.
    Kell - WOW on the crawling forwards, he might work it out soon. OOPS about Molly sitting on his head. LOL.
    Melissa - WOW steps for Benjamin aswell, he is a clever little man. We might have some walkers by their 1st birthdays at this rate.
    Nikki - Hope you are well. What have you been up to? How is Chantelles swimming going?
    Donella - How is Dylan? Hope you are well

Well, today was our 1st swiming lesson and it was great. They sang nursery rhymes and did all movements to them. It looks as though its the same thing everyweek so the kids know what to do. Jordan LOVED it so I cant wait for next week. He was so knackered when we left he slept for 1 1/2 hrs.
    He is 10 months today!!!! the youngest of the October babies. I cant beleive in 8 weeks he will be 1:eek: Gee I better get working on #2

Tracey - I'm so happy Jordan enjoyed his swimming lesson. I haven't even organised for Benjamin to learn to swim yet, as I said last time, it's still on my to do list. If it's your turn to get cracking on having a 2nd bub, it must be my turn as well, LOL.

Linda - That's really sad to hear

Cindy - Sorry to hear that bub in tum is causing you to be so ill

We had Benjamin weighed and measured today - Head circ 46.4cm, Height 78cm and Weight 11.10kg. He's in the 90th percentile for most things, which is really good.

Melissa

Linda, sorry for your friends loss. I can't believe how many people still lose babies at full term. I guess it's a tiny number compared to 50 years ago, but every one is one too many.

Tracey - glad Jordan loved his swimming. We have Dylan enrolled for Kindergym next term as well as his Kindermusik, so unfortunately we can't fit swimming into the week as well. As soon as it's a bit warmer though we'll take Dylan to the beach.

Kell - don't feel bad about Will having his head sat on... Dylan has pulled our heavy fire screen down on his head twice now!

Melissa - looks like we both have big boys... Dylan is 80.5 cm and weighs 11.6kg.

I haven't been paying much attention to my weight (don't know if you remember but I lost heaps when Dylan was born and weighed less than I had in 6 years!) but now I'm going to be a bridesmaid I thought I'd better hop on the scales, and damn, I'm back to my pre-preg weight. My tummy is all flabby again so i'm going to have to start doing some serious walking and lay off the chocolate!

As for Dylan, he's being very vocal the past few days, experimenting with lots of new "words" and today he stood on his own for a few seconds. He's getting more stable and coinfident standing, so he may start walking before his birthday.

Looking forward to tomorrow - my mums group is having a picnic at the beach as it's going to be 26 again (2 days in a row of warm sun... YAY!) We had the first of our 7 1st birthday parties last weekend (Dylan is the youngest in the group so they are spaced over 2 months).

Do you like Dylan's new pic? His hair goes SOOO curly when it's wet although it's completely straight when dry...
    Last edited by dee73; August 31st, 2006 at 04:46 PM.

Hi!

Not much to report...When I dropped Louis off at childcare today they gave me this father day card they'd worked on. It was a sheet with his photo on it and his hand prints and they'd laminated it! it's so fantastic! I thought it was really thoughtful that they gave it to me then as well as dh picks him up.

Linda - Thats so horrible. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to go through...I suppose all you can do is offer her support and well wishes. I imagine it would take some time to get over losing a bubba like that (well any way really)

Tracey - the swimming lessons sound great. I think I'm going to book Louis in next term. He's doing gymbaroo now but I don't think he'll get much more out of that now until he's walking iykwim?

Melissa - Wow, Benjamin is a big boy!! It can be hard to get organised sometimes with all the activities that are available.

Donella - Dylan looks gorgeous! Your picnic at the beach tomorrow sounds great! We've had nice days here too - I think we'll head to the park tomorrow. Good Luck with the weight loss - it certainly creeps up without us noticing!

Sweet Dreams!

Kell Guest

Looks like a nice day here too, low 20's lots of sun my favourite I went shopping yesterday and bought DH a new rocker recliner for fathers day, i hope he likes it! bonus points for me too, as i didnt get anything for mothers day LOL. Sis and bubs are doing great, after some initial feeding issues (some of the midwives in the hospital here are not very helpful, i found i had the same probs when i had Molly) but they are doing well now and should be going home today or tomorrow!
    Will has started commando crawling forward really well now, just in the last few days he got the hang of going forward and now goes well.

dee - the picnic sounds lovely, mmm! Wow on the walking by his bday, we'll be lucky if Will walks by his 2nd LOL Molly was a late walker too though

Melissa - Benjamin is a big boy too, Will's winter clothes are getting too small but it is so close to the end now i dont want to have to buy bigger sizes

Linda - thats sad to hear, *hugs*

Cindy - i hope you feel better soon.

Kirsty - I certainly dont envy you your decision, i can understand you wanting to focus all your energy on Gus and you shouldnt feel selfish for that. Having a 2nd baby is a demanding enough task without the added pressures of all Gussy's appointments treatments etc. Have a nice trip away!

Kirsty - I think Kell's right... imagine how much more tired and stressed you would be with another baby, especially if (god forbid) you did have another premmie. If you don't feel ready then you're not ready - and I don't think that's being selfish at all. As for another baby helping Gussy's development, do you take him to a playgroup or mums group? I find with Dylan that just having him watch all the other babes crawling and standing inspires his development. In fact, the first time he crawled properly was 2 hours after we had a playgroup at my house where all the other babies were able to "climb" up the step to our dining room and he was left behind...

Kirsty - I missed your post earlier. Your holiday sounds like a grwat idea - you still have so much going on! I hope Gus's slow growth is only an intake problem & nothing more. I agree - very tough call as to TTC #2. Why are you high risk again?

Sorry I'm so scarce ATM. JUst really busy with work...

All's well with Miss Em

Hi!

We had a beautiful day today. Went to the park this morning and we had a great time. Completely tired Louis out! The we sat outside at home this afternoon so Louis had heaps of fresh air today.
    He's just started doing this funny thing were he tries to make us laugh. I don't know where he got it from but it works. Dh and I crack up. He just does this funny fake laugh and pulls a funny face. Just so gorgeous.

Kell - Thats great that your sisters going well! Woohoo on Wills commando crawling!!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you've got great weekends planned and enjoy Sunday with your family!

First REAL Father's Day tomorrow girls, what have you all got planned?

Nothing planned here yet, but we might just make it a spur of the moment thing, just so Dh gets a nice surprise out of tomorrow.

Melissa

For fathers day I bought dh a t-shirt (West Coast Choppers) and I'll make him bacon and eggs for brekky. Then we're off to another 1st b'day party at lunch and he has a night-shift.

I love spring!! The weather here is just gorgeous at the moment. Hope it's as nice where all of you are.

Hi!

Cooked breakky in bed for dh (well it will probably be lunch so he can have a sleep in - hehe) Otherwise just spending the day together.
    I haven't got him a present from Louis other than the card we got from childcare as moneys a bit tight - dh is happy though as it the more careful we are now the sooner we can move up the country!

Oh just going to add. Louis is sick again after being at childcare on Thursday. I can't wait for him to not have to go. He gets sick every time.
    We had a rotten nights sleep with his blocked nose. I think I got about 3 1/2-4h sleep. Grrr. We're off to a 60thj dinner/party tonight so god knows how long I'll last. Luckily dh is happy to go earliesh as he knows I'll be wrecked.

Have a good one!

my dh has been spoilt rotten as usual.we got him a weight set,also a nice brand spacken new deluxe bbq.the boys got him a car wash set and scewdriver set from bunnings,spoilt bugger,we will be tacking his dad out tomorrow so that will also be his outing aswell.
    corey lost his first 2 teeth this morning and was so bloody excited and petrified at the same time,was very funny to see his reaction,he cant wait for the tooth fairy to come tonight.
    poor chantelle is having a rough time with her 2nd tooth coming through,nast temp and feels miserable.
    hooray,we finally bought land today.half acre in a beautiful court,all of the neighbours came out to introduce themselves.and i mean all of them including there 14 kids,ranging from 8 weeks old up to 16 years old.they were so nice and welcoming and freindly and have already invited us to there street xmas bbq at xmas time.every one of our new neighbours were so down to earth and took alot of pride in there hoes and seem to all get along so well.we are so happy with our purchase,now all the fun stuff starts with picking a house plan etc.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Congrats on the land! Sounds like it will be a great place to live! Wow on your dh getting so spoilt! Sorry to hear Chantelles having a rough time of it.

We went out last night and I'm so tired today. I would have got home about an hour earlier except we had to take bil home and he was stuffing around and kept buying drinks. I was so annoyed I told him I'm not driving him anywhere ever again. Alright for him he doesn't even live with his kids so doesn't have to get up early or anything. Also I knew Louis was unwell so just wanted to get home and try and get some sleep.
    Louis has got a really bad croupy cough so I've booked in for the dr this afternoon.

Dh is still asleep so I've got to head off and get him some bacon and eggs for brekky! Then we'll have the IL's over for lunch. We were going to go out but I think with Louis being unwell we'll just chill out at home.

Enjoy your day!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast