Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

Candice - I was wondering where you had got to... how's Bryn going? Does he settle through the day yet? I've tried some of the tactics you suggested with Dylan and they work occasionally but he still doesn't like going down in daylight...

Melissa - I bet you're glad the injections are over and done with! We're thinking about spreading them over a couple of weeks rather than having all 3 on one day. Don't know if it makes much difference, but it seems it may be kinder to their systems. Then again it's also spreading the nasty jabs over a longer period isn't it... I don't know which is worse!!

I've had times when I've though I've had AF - I stopped bleeding a few weeks ago but have had a couple of times when it's started up again just for a day or 2. Don't know what it is, but will ask doc at appt today.

Did you/are you all going to GP for 6 week check or to Ob/gyn? Because I went to a public hospital they have sent me a referral to my gp for the check-up.

Re pap smear Nikki, I thought you only get it post-preg if you are due for it. I was due for mine in the middle of my preg so will have it done now, but if you're not due they will wait until you are...

Kristie - Dylan feeds every 2 hours through the day!! But this is because he refuses to sleep and get over-tired and grizzly so I stick him on to calm him. Then he'll go for hours over night as he's so tired.

Linda - sorry to hear about your family friend, but it's good that Emma was quiet through the service. O

Bonnie - let me know when you're back in Ad and we'll try to get together with Fenella too.

Kazzy and Tracey - hope you both had good nights!

Sorry if I missed anyone...

Good Morning!

Well another good night for us! Woo hoo. He didn't last quite as long last night but he was still easy to get down. He had a bit of an unsettled time last night but it only lasted about 10min and we realised he wasn't quite tired enough so we sat him in his bouncer and he watched t.v for a while and drifted off - hehe.

I woke up with bleeding this morning - not sure if it's af or not. It's been a fortnight since I last had some bleeding which lasted 4 days. I've just started taking the mini-pill so don't know if that has something to do with it.

Off to work for the students break up party this afternoon. I'm going to fill them up on lots of junk food and they'll probably be miserable for their mums later! I have one more on Sat and then I'm officially on holidays - woo hoo!

Donella - I went to my gp for my 6 week check up.

Linda - Sorry about your friend.

Melissa - I'm so dreading them. I'm sure Louis will cry the house down. It's so cute when the boys have cuddles and snoozes together isn't it! I can't believe your dr told you off - Isn't it your choice what you do?

Is everyones babys producing tears?? Louis still hasn't cried tears yet, which I'm glad of for me but I'm not sure if he should have by now.

Hello to everyone I've missed! Have a great day! (HOT here in Melb - expected to be 34 - grrr)

Linda - My doctor prefers to give them pretty close to 2 months. You can get them done at my doctors, a week before or a week after. I got him done a day after he turned 2 months, only because the day suited. I noticed you are having Emma done 2 weeks after?

Donella - If your doctor is quick, it really takes no time at all to go through all 3. Just remember to dose your bub on the panadol an hour before going so you're sure it's working well. We have to go through all this again at 4 months too.

Kristie - I'm not looking forward to the real tears. So far it's all been crocodile tears. I'm getting the camera out next time they are sleeping, it's definitely one for the photo album. We are still trying to catch one of Benjamin's beautiful big gummy smiles.

Melissa

Melissa - yeah - Emma's are 2 weeks after. they said that would be fine :-s i guess they are all different about it. i will definately be using the panadol!!!

Kristie - glad you had another good night. have fun with the party!! I dont think the minipill has any effect on AF?

donella - I went to my OB for my 6 week check.

we had a pretty good night last night. she had a 6 hour sleep from 6pm - midnight! (i only wish it was from midnight till 6am instead!!! LOL) i shouldnt complain!

hi girls,well i had my first bad night and dh had to take her for me at about 5 this morning,she drove me crazy and i was getting very impatient,she has been asleep for a while this morning but prior to that was miserable,i guess she still hasnt passed that horible stage yet.
    we had our first bd last night and i must say it wasnt that great,infact it hurt,i was suprised as i had a c/section but it has been quite a whilke since anything has gone in there,hopefull the next one is better,we didnt use any protection so i hope im not oing.
    i went to my gp for 6 week check up.
    i will be getting chantelles immunisations done all at once,atlest it will be over and done with.
    we are gettiong a new couch delivered tomorrow and a security screen for the front door..woohoo!!!
    i pick up our pixie photos tonight,cant wait.
    going to do some xmas shopping today so going to get organised before she wakes
    nikki

re bd, I didn't even get past two wks without wanting(and getting, dh can't resist me *evil grin*) it. Didn't hurt, but it wasn't overly comfortable. Second time (last wk) wasn't as bad. Heck I still enjoyed it or he wouldn't be getting ANY for a few months....
    Jess played up last night. Wouldn't go down after her bottle at 9pm. Tried everything and eventually at 11pm I gave her a top up, wrapped her TIGHT (she'd been drifting off then waking herself up again by jerking around) and put her down with the dummy kinda wrapped into her mouth and she went straight into a DEEP sleep. Did the same at the 3am feed and she went straight off to sleep and MIL did the 6:30am feed (thank god as I'm getting soooo tired from Kat and Jess).
    My internal stitches are hurting today. I think it's from picking up Kat while I'm nursing Jess too. I bend forward when sitting on the lounge, wrap my arm around Kat and pick her up by pulling her back with me. I think it's been pulling at the stitches and gosh they have been tender last night and today....
    MIL is looking after the kids today so I can go to DR and get referral for IUD. Not taking any risks of getting pg so soon again.... Give me a few yrs at least (Dh says that we'd better start doubling up then if we want to reach the dozen...hehe).
    Well, have to run. Sorry no personals. Not often you get permission to have a day to urself!!

Nikki - I'm a scaredy cat then! Thankfully AF turned up. I suppose I shouldn't make DH wait too much longer. I hope you have a better night tonight Nikki! [-o<

My doctor was concerned yesterday when I told her that I didn't want any contraceptives. I can't have the pill because I've had a blood clot in the past anyhow, which leaves only the longer acting ones, Depo, Marina, IUD implant, none of which I want.

Donella - Becuase I went through the public system to have Benjamin, I have to see my Doctor for check ups now, not the Obgyn at the hospital.

Kristie - Have a good time at the party!

Melissa

We haven't bd'd yet either, but now doc has given me the all clear I guess we will soon! I'm a bit nervous as it often hurts even if I miss a few weeks, and now it's been a few months as I didn't really feel the urge in 3rd tri... Might open a bottle of bubbly with dinner to set the mood!

Nikki - you were brave not using contraceptive... I'm not risking it, we'll be going rubber as I've only just got my mini-pill script today.

With the shots and possibly spreading them it's more that there's not so much going into their system in one hit, so some people think it's kinder that way (so not a needle issue, but what's inside the syringe...)

Kerrie - we always have to wrap Dylan tight, otherwise limbs constantly fly everywhere and he bashes himself awake!

He slept for 8 hour straight last night - couldn't believe it! Unfortunately it started at 6.30 pm so I still had to get up at 2.30. That was after 3 hours of him screaming at DH while I was out teaching on the other side of town. #-o

We have had a rough day. Emma has thrush. When she feeds she ends up pulling away and crying. She is hungry but I think it hurts to feed. We got some gel this afternoon so I hope it goes away soon. I am just exhausted, I cant listen to her crying, it upsets me so much. I have a baby shower to go to tonight, I was going to take her, but have just decided I need a night off. This would normally not be what I want to do, but I think it is what I need to do. DH has just taken her for a walk in the pram.

Donella - thats what I considered doing with the shots, but now I am just getting them all at once ( I would prefer to split them up but the clinic is super busy and I just didnt bother to put up a fight). I totally understand why you want to split them up.

Kerrie - glad your MIL is able to help you, you really have your hands so full.

Nikki - yay on the BD!!! It is funny how it still hurts after a C/S hey? But like you said, its a while with nothing in there.

I'm going to try to relax tonight, hope I can just switch off for a couple of hours. I really need it....

Sorry to hear about your rough day and the thrush Linda... I hear the gel is great and works really quickly.

I've put lots of new pics in the photo gallery of Dylan's web site. \/ If you look at it please sign the guest book as none of my firends or family have signed when they've looked. :smt022 (I don't think they realised there WAS a guest book!!)

Kazzy Guest

lost another post AARRGGGHHHHHHH

Kazzy Guest

I will post again tomorrow - had a HUGE post and it was lost again , same hting happened last night. SPEWIN.

chat tomorrow - too peeved to write again.

Love Kazzy

Kazzy Guest

I will post again tomorrow - had a HUGE post and it was lost again , same hting happened last night. SPEWIN.

chat tomorrow - too peeved to write again.

Love Kazzy

hi girls,im starting to think i know why chantelle has been so unhappy,i dont think i have enough milk and she is hungry.tonight she was absolutly screaming and we couldnt console her,i made up a bottle of formula and she skulled it and was very settled after it,i have also just given her a top up of breat milk and so far she is content.i will have to start expressing i think to try and build up my supply.does anyone know what helps to make more milk,i will be devastated if i cant give her enough through my milk,i dont mind giving her a formula as a before bed feed.i breast fed my last son till he was 1 and was hoping to do the same with chantelle.
    nikki

Nikki - when my milk was slow coming in one midwife said to offer each side twice at every feed (do L-R-L-R) for 2 days. It worked for me... Good luck.

Bugger at losing your post Kazzy - I hate it when that happens!

Nikki- I had afriend who didnt have enough milk for a few weeks there and her doctor gave her some meds to take and that seemed to help out. Did you find chantelle slept better for having the formula? We are considering giving Tori her 3am feed as formula to see if she sleeps longer than the hour and a half she does, its wearing on me her waking at 3 and then again forthe day at 4.30.

Our thrush seems to have cleared up now!! Ithink it was linda saying they were dealing with it too, the cream helps out within hours.

Gotta go - missy has woken for a feed again!

cindy she has just gone to bed so i will let you know in the morning how well she slept,but from previous experience with the boys it definantly had a great effect and they slept longer periods at night
    nikki

Hi!

Well the party went quite well. Kids eating lots of lollies and junk food! hehe.

I had dropped Louis off at my sister's and I got a phone call half way through to "pick up my screaming baby" hehe. I'm glad she got a bit of a taste because she keeps calling him an angel! Anyway he was basically unsettled all afternoon/night -grrr. It was pretty hot here though and when he was at my sisters I don't think any of them (she has two kids) left him alone. I ended up giving him a bath and he quietened down straight away and then I ended up wrapping him and putting him in front of the t.v where he stayed for about an hour before grizzling. Anyway he must have tired himself out through the afternoon because he went from 9.45-3.10am and then to 7.20am! Woo hoo. I was so sure I was going to have a bad sleep but I ended up with 8 hours! I haven't had that for a while.

He seems settled again this morning which is good.

Nikki - I could be wrong but a few people I know said they ran out of milk because they didn't drink enough water??? I suppose especially in the warmer weather it might help to drink lots.

Cindy - I've started stretching Louis out through the night. Each time I go in I try and resettle him first (usually just a rewrap and a dummy) and most times he will and get another 30-1hour. It doesn't always work though and sometimes he's just hungry! Glad the thrush has cleared.

Linda - Sorry to hear about the thrush - doesn't sound good at all.

Kerrie - Wow! What a drive you must have -hehe. Take it easy - you don't want to hurt yourself with your stitches! Good idea on the contraception - I think your a supermum enough already - hehe.

Hi to everyone else - I hope your all doing well.

Have a great day!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast