Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #4

Kazzy Guest

Melissa - yes I did have an epidural and it did take him a few tries to get it in now that I think about it. My back didn't become really bad though until Eden was about 8 weeks though . I think that it was just building up and then I got out of the dentist chair the wrong way and WHAM that was that. I have it strapped a the minute and it is getting better with the exercies I am doing. I think I will try the pilates thing though - I will ask my physio. I had a strange bruise right in the centre of my lower back also - it came out the same time that I started geeting a sore back - strange :-k

Eden is down to four feeds a day at the minute - she is still putting on weight though so I think that whe is getting enough. She put on 310 grams in a fortnight the last time I weighed her and the mCH Nurse said that was OK.

Eden hasn't laughed again yet - she gets so close to doing it again and then stops - I am hanging out to heat it again.

LOL about the babies sucking the carpet and blanket at tummy time. Eden finds it hard to lift her head with the harness, but if she is on her back and you hold her hands she tries desperatley to lift herself up!!

Well, I am about to book our annual holiday to Queensland - Eden will be 10 months when we go and Brandan will be 4.5 yrs. My Mum and Dad come with us - they are great with the kids and we all get along really well.

Love to all the bubbas and I will have to look at the updated websites at the new photos. Wish I was clever enough to get one up and running!!!!

Kazzy
    xx

Kazzy - it's really easy to do a website - go to babiesonline.com and they take you through step by step. If you have a digital camera you can put photos on very easily. \/ Yay on your trip to Queensland... We won't be going on any holidays for a while! (Except visiting my family in Melbourne which I guess is a kind of holiday!)

That's amazing that Eden is only taking 4 feeds a day. Dylan (on formula) is supposed to have 5 a day, but he wants 6. I hope he doesn't get too fat! I guess though that a baby on the 90th percentile would need more than one on the 20th or so, so the amounts recommended on the tin can only be a guide. 8-[

Kell - have agreat time on the couast. I bet Molly will have a ball with her cast off! \/

Hey girls.

Been quiet lately - sorry. We went to the Island for holiday and it was great. Spent new year over there too. Didn't do much but sat around with friends until the clock ticked over. Wow (just a little hint of sarcasm there!!)

I didn't feel like breastfeeding last night so Tristan had his first formula bottle. He didn't mind. I was stoked. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now his poops smell absolutely rotten!!! I was warned by a friend the difference between breastfeed poop and formula poop. Now I know!!!!

Hi Kell. I put Tristan in bouncer or portacot during the day for naps and his cot at night. He usually sleeps from about 10-10.30pm until about 7.30am in his cot which is fantastic. But when the routine changes, thats when the fun starts! He knows cot at night is big sleep time.

Damn. Tristan's having a go again - crying and carring on, so I'll go.

Speak soon.......................Bonnie

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

Donella - I was told that 5 feeds is the 'norm' for children of this age. I am going to speak to my MCH nurse tomorrow as Eden tried to get away with three feeds today. She slept 13 hours over night - from 7pm to 8am then had 2 three hour naps. SHe has been sleeping well over night for a while - usually 10 hours without a feed, but I think the 13 hours is a bit too long. I am not sure whether to be worries or not so I will speak to the nurse about it. She seems happy enough - still smiling and talking and happy. Maybe she just loves her bed!!

On another note - my son has this infection called Impetigo - very contagious. He has cream to put on it and I have to be careful that he doesn't gvie it to Eden - fingers crossed that it heals quickly (if he would stop picking his nose - big call for a three year old!!) and that Eden doesn't get it.

Well, I will get back on tomorrow hopefully with news that all is well.

Kazzy
    xx

Hi!

I hope your all having a great weekend!

How's this for strange? We put Louis back in his bouncer for his daytime naps and he had 2 big sleeps yesterday and 2 big ones this morning. He hasn't done that in weeks! I wish I never tried him in the cot for daytime now.....He goes to sleep in it at 7pm so I'm not sure what the difference is - very weird...

Bonnie - Good to hear from you glad Tristan is going well! What a good sleep he's having! Louis still wakes but doesn't generally need his feed now. Last night he woke at 4.30am for a dummy to be put back in. That's heaps better than it has been though so cross fingers it only gets better from now..

Donella - Wow Dylan must be growing big and strong. We're down to 5 bf a day generally.

Kazzy - Hope your back is starting to feel better....Louis put on about the same amount in the last fortnight so she must be just having nice big feeds! Thats great. Louis hasn't laughed yet - I can't wait for it though.
    Wow on the holiday! That will be great!
    That is a lot of sleep! Maybe it's just a growth spurt - Let us know how you go.

Kell - I agree - there's no better feeling than knowing what your baby wants and be able to give it to them...pity it didn't happen more often - hehe. Have a great time on your holiday!

Melissa - That sounds awful about your back...

Nikki - I hope your having a great time! I'm very jealous!

Tracey - Thats great that your grandfather got to meet Jordan! I hope you've had a great couple of days away!

Ok enough from me - hope your bubbas all sleep well tonight!

Sorry - Just wanted to gush that aren't our babies the most wonderful precious gifts we've ever been given???

I think in the last week or so I feel like everythings settled down a little and I can just enjoy my little bubba.

It may sound silly but its taken me a little while to turn into a big sook. hehe.

Kristie - I feek the same - now that they're growing up and their persolnaities are showing they are so much fun!!

It's funny what you said about Louis having his naps now in the bouncer, as Dylan has just started being happy in his cot thru the day! We've always tried him in the cot first but when he doesn't settle move him to the bouncer, but for the past few days he's settle in his cot!

They're funny little kids - They are the ones in control thats for sure! hehe.

Louis only woke once through the night for a dummy (dh got up!) So went from 10.30pm through to 6.30! woo hoo!

i am glad to see that most bubs are sleeping thru the night now, Jordan is still having problems settling at night and the most i am getting is 5 hrs sleep. I have only had 1 6 hr sleep since he has been born.

Hey everyone!

Just a short note to let you guys know that I've just made a webpage for Tristan if anyone wants to view it and sign the guestbook.

Isn't it great how our babies are sleeping longer at night!! Yay!!!

Gotta go in a min. Have to give Lulu (our dog) her medicine before bed - grass seed got stuck in her ear. We took her to the vet and $250 later, poor puppy dog with a sore ear

Speak soon

Hugs....Bonnie

You poor thing Tracey - you must be exhausted! Don't worry though, most babies apparently sort themselves out by 3 months in the sleeping through department, so hopefully it will happen for you soon. :sleeping:

Bonnie - Tristan is gorgeous! I love his overalls too! Dylan has some like them and they look sooo cute!

Hi from lakes entrance.

Jamie and I have come down here for a couple days and loving it. Jordan has been in the pool and he is such a water baby. We bought him a floaty that he can sit in which makes it easier to keep him above the water.
    We went to the Buchan caves and did a tour. Jamie had Jordan in the baby bjorn and was fantastic. You had to crouch down and bend and all sorts in the cave and he did it all with Jordan attached to him. Jordan fell asleep half way thru the tour but was facinated by the colour and shapes down there for a while.
    We went to the bar last night and I had a pinacolda, it was superb. I had it just after a feed so had 4 hrs for it go get out of my system however I think Jordan suffered as a result as he was difficult to settle after his 9pm feed, didnt settle till 11. He slepr till 2am which was great and then at 6am when I fed him as soon as he was finished he threw it all up and then some. It was terrible. I wont be drinking at the bar tonight thats for sure.

Dee73 I hope you are right with the sleeping better at 3 months. I am due to go back to work shortly and would love for him to be sleeping longer before I go back.

I hope you are all well and bubs to, speak soon

Hi!

Hope you're all well. I just spent 45min rocking Louis to sleep in the bouncer. It was a battle of the wills. I was determined not to pick him up (the only way he goes to sleep is by rocking at the moment - which wouldn't bother me except my back is getting very sore at the moment) I tryed a bit of controlled crying the other day, but it's just not something that works for me... I feel awful when he cries. So....he just didn't want to go to sleep but finally.. hopefully it will get a bit shorter tomorrow.

Tracey - That's hard - I hope it improves for you soon. I'm pretty much still like that as he wakes for his dummy a bit usually. I will be so happy when he just sleeps through without waking! That sounds great about the floaty thing - where did you get that from?? What a good little boy to be able to go in the caves. Louis is a grumpy boy so he would probably scream the place down - hehe.
    Are you sure it was the drink that unsettled him?? (just trying to help you out - hehe) What a bummer - hmmm I might have a glass of wine tonight after Louis' next feed.......

O.k better go and get myself organised - It's amazing how draining it is when bubba won't settle.

Bonnie - Poor puppy - thats no good. What a cute little bubba you've got there - they grow up so fast!!

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

well, the health nurse seems to think that all is OK with Edens feeds - 4 in 24 hours. I am going in for a visit tomorrow and to have her weighed again. She put on 110 grams in 5 days which is not too bad. She is so unsettled in the afternoon now - not wanting to go to sleep. Usually I can jsut wrap her, lay her in her bassinette and leave and she will sleep for three hours. But from about 3.00 onwards - no way - does not want to sleep then I think she gets overtired and is hard to settle. Last night I put her to bed at 6.15 and she didn't fall asleep intil 9pm!! Some of that time was spent crying, and at other times she just lay there!!! GO figure - I am hoping to get some answers tomorrow. [-o< It could also be the '12week' change like they say in the 'wonder weeks' either way - as long as she is putting on enough weight and is healthy, I am OK with it.

My son is sick - he has a skin infection that is hightly contagious so I have to keep him away from Eden. Try telling a three and a half year old that he cannot kiss or touch his sister!! Hopefully Eden does not have it and that the infection will clear up soon. He has been prescribed some cream.

Oh the joys girls of having a sick child - it is so upsetting when you know they feel crap and there isn't much you can do about it. Especially if they get sick on the weekends and your doctors is closed!!!!!!!

I haven't been game enough to have a drink yet - don't really miss it though. I usually like to have a cigarette if I have a drink, so not such a bad thing not having a drink. I only ever drank when I went out anyway, so being at home means I don't think about it. I am going to find out about doing pilates - supposed to be good for the back. Does anyone know anything about it?????????

Kristy - watch out for your back - that is how mine started. Do heaps of stretches and get your partner to give you some massages. Don't wait until it is really sore like I did.

Off to bed now ladies. I will post again tomorrow to let you know how I went at the clinic regarding Eden's weight.

Love to the Bubbas and big sleep vibes for a big sleep through!!!!!

Kazzy

Hi,

Just a quick one - For the first time in forever I got Louis to sleep in his cot without picking him up. Took about 30min but eventually he dropped off. Lots of "sshhhsss" and a little heart beat patter on his chest.....
    Hopefully tomorrow with persistance it all starts to get a bit easier.

Do many of you just put your bubs down and they fall asleep themselves. How long does it usually take for them to sleep?

Kazzy - I suppose it doesn't matter how many feeds she has if she is gaining weight and going well! Thats good news. Hopefully your right and it is just a phase at 12 weeks. My sister told me today that she thought it all got easy at 4 months - I don't want to hold my breath in case it doesn't - hehe. Everyone told me that it was only really hard the first 6 weeks and I think it actually got harder after that! I have found the last month the most difficult (mainly due to sleep problems)

Sorry to hear about your son...that sounds terrible.

I'll have to book in for a massage - hehe. I think it will make a difference when I don't have to rock Louis each sleep as well.

Kazzy - I do pilates thru my physio. You can do it either thru a physio where they will give you specific strtching and strengthening excersises for your problem areas (in my case a weak middle back) or you can do a general/fitness one thru a gym.

Kristie - at night (10pm) we give Dylan a bath then wrap him and his eyes shut as soon as he is wrapped, so then we put him in his cot and he's asleep like that! Occaisionall he'll wake a couple of mins later but then just needs his dummy put in and he's out again! Through the day though we usually rock and pat him for anywhere between 1 and 10 mins before he'll go to sleep. His day sleeps are only about 30-45 mins long though.

hi everyone

Well last night was better than the last. I fed Jordan at 9pm and he was asleep by 9.45. he slept till 1am and then 5am. I really would have liked only 1 wake up thru the night but was glad that he settled quickly after each feed.

I put Jordan in his cradle awake and then if he starts to grissle i put his dummy in and pat his bottom. I normally do this until his shuts his eyes and then leave the room. I may need to go back a couple of times to settle him but then he will sleep for a couple of hours.
    At night though he normally falls asleep on the boobs and then i put him back to bed.

Krisvee I am glad to see that Louis settled easy is it nice when that happens.

Kazzy I hope your little boy gets better soon. I can only imagine how hard it is to keep the 2 seperate.

I am off to the pool for a swim, catch up later.

Hi!

Yeah! It IS getting easier - I've had him settled within 10 min each time today and over lunch he had a nice big 1 1/2 sleep! Woo hoo.

Tracey- Hopefully not too much longer before he sleeps well for you.
    I had to get up and feed Louis in the night - Its been so hot here I think he was thirsty, although I got away with feeding him just one side.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast