Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #9

Oh my gosh some of your bubs are getting big!! Thats fantastic. Tori is still a little skinny thing, she is still only 8kg and is in 00 mainly but still some 000 too!! People think she is alot younger than she is due to her size but then they see her crawling and it really messes with them!!

Gymbaroo was all singing and doing actions with the songs but all of them had a purpos of working specific muscles and getting some areas of their brain working. They have a word for the day that they go over and over, last week was balloon so we had balloons and a book with pictures of them and the word on flash cards. It was good fun, she loved it!!!

Well it looks like I have sorted out Toris sleep problems, she was hungry the poor thing(by the look of it) I have given her 4-5 meals of solids the past few days and she has slept much better. She is still waking but for instance she usually goes down around 8pm and then is up again at 11 and 3 for feeds befor waking for the day at 6am. The last 2 nights she has woken at 11pm and 2am but then went straight through until 7am which is fantastic and I am feeling much more human for it!.
    Maybe she will fatten up with all these solids too!?? There is hope yet. I have been a bit worried about her weight as it hasnt gone up for ages but the doctor just thinks she is far to active and is burning my milk up to fast and needs way more carbs to keep her going.

Are many of you still b/feeding? If so, how long do you plan to keep going?

Sorry for such a long one again guys, Speak to you soon

HAPPY MOTHERS DAYto all my beautiful october baby buddies,congratulations to all of you who have reached this lovely day for the first time,i hope that you get spoilt rotten,it is the one day of the year that you deserve all the thanks for everything you do for your child and husbands.and i hope it is the first of many wonderful mothers days for you.
    so what are you all up to today.
    i got lots of sweet pressies this morning and a cuppa in bed.we are taking grants mum to be pampered at the hairdressers today and then out for chinese for dinner,she has been in hospital since 3 weeks before chantelle was born so this is a big day for her,the hospital have aloud us to have her till 8.30 tonight so we are looking foward to it and i am sure she is too.
    linda.how are you ????????you havent been around much latley and i had a dream about you last night,i hope that you are ok,ifg you need to chat you can pm me if you like.is emma settling better for you at night?
    cindy,it really is soo good that you are popping in more often.tori sounds just like my first child,ver active.it is hard work so make sure you get time out and have a break.i had pnd with my second and it was horrible,you are remarkable to have got on top of things so quickly,remember we are here to support you no matter what the circumstances,we all have hard times being a mum,it is the hardest job you will ever do but soooo rewarding.chantelle is a little button to,she is about 8 kilos also now but she must be a bit longer as she would not fit into any 000,she still mainly wears 00 but has just started on some small 0,s
    we have an appointment this tuesday for chantelle and corey to go to the modelling agency aswell.we are going to bellini,we have also been invited to 2 others but i will wait till after tuesday before i check out the others,they can earn alot of money doing this.i hope tori goes well,let us know.i took my first son to gymbaroo.it is excellent isnt it!!!!glad you are doing it,it will be good for both of you.when did you move down to melb?has is been hard,are you wrking,you and kristie really should get together,it is vital to have friends around especially when you are new to the area.i used to live in ringwood,chirnside park and vermont so i know your area very well.
    chantelle has no teeth yet.
    kristie,i had 2 miscairrages and cindy is right,dont avoid your friend just let her know that you understnad and that you are there for her.
    melissa,chnatelle loves weetbix too,sounds like benjamin is loving his food,did you know that benjamin is my most favourite boys name in the whole world,it is also my brothers name
    well cahntelles sleeping has been yukky again for the past week,back to basics again i think,what worked last time will have to work again,feel sorry for her i dont like to make her controlo cry but i think i will have to again.kell hope that you kids have given you a lovely start to your mothers day
    must go need a showwer
    love to you all
    nikki

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all have had a great one?

Benjamin is zipping about my floor chasing a balloon. Since he's now got the crawling thing down pat, I have to keep a constant eye on him, as he gets into absolutely everything. He's pulling himself up on things too now and standing up, and going from crawling to sitting and back again. He slept for 9 hrs last night, which is a new record for him.

Sorry for no personals this time around.

Melissa

Kell Guest

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! (for yesterday )

Hope everyone had a great day, amd going to get Will weighed etc, so will post more later...

Well, I hope all of your mothers days were fantastic. We didnt do much really, just took mum out for coffee and cake but that was nice. I got a book from AL and Tori which is nice. I just have to find time to sit and read now!

Nikki - I have been in melbourne now for weeks maybe 8. It has taken me a while to get tori settled in though and I have been looking after my neice heaps which has tied me up a bit. Mum id going to have shoulder surgery this friday s o I will be helping her out after that too so the next few weeks I am going to have to make a real effort to have some time out!. I am looking forward to hopefully getting to meet up with Kristie, she will be my first bb person to meet.

I think we are going to bellini agency too. I cant remember of the top of my head but that sound right. I am busy truing to get a good photo to take into them at the moment. Let me know how you go with them tomorrow! I had never thought of doing this but someone gave me their card the other day and said I should take her in so why not give it a go?

Sorry no more personals, the princess has woken

Kell Guest

Hi all.
    Just had Will weighed - 10.4kg, 75cm and head 47.5cm, so his weight gain has slowed right down but he has gotten longer, he is still a heavy bugger esp. when i have to carry him :eek: Things are going well, i had a nice quiet mothers day.

Melissa - YAY on the good sleeping, hope it keeps up

Nikki - has the sleepping been getting better, hopefully you can sort things out fast this time. Let me know how the modelling thing goes, i'd be interested to hear the particulars. Obviously i think my kids are just gorgeous (biased?! Noooo ) but not sure about actually doing it...

Cindy - Tori sounds like a little girl, i held my neice the other day is is only 4 months old and is tiny also and i almost threw her thru the roof she is so light compared to my buddha We havent been bf for about 2 months now...

Hi!

Happy Mothers Day!

We had a pretty good one (except Louis has gone back to waking every 1 1/2 hours overnight..grrr) Dh was a bit painful in the morning because he was tired which kind of took the specialness off the day (don't know if thats a word -hehe) I had my family around in the afternoon so that was nice. Just kicked back and ate heaps of food! hehe. I did get brekky in bed at about 11.30am hehe. I didn't get my present yesterday as I'm waiting for them in the mail (Peter alexander slippers)

Louis is getting very clever. He's still not keen on crawling but can walk behind one of those pusher things. I just have to hold it to make sure it doesn't take off to fast! I put him on his hands and knees but he just stands on his hands and toes with his bum up in the air! hehe. He also goes from sitting to his tummy but can't get back again - hehe.

Cindy - No teeth here. My mum said that we all didn't get teeth until 11m so will be interesting to see when he gets them.
    I'm glad gymbaroo went so well.
    My friend emailed me today and she's back at work but still very upset...poor thing. Louis had a birthday party on the weekend (his first - hehe) and was the first time he has seen balloons and he loved them!!! I'm going to have to buy some now for him to play with.
    Yeah on getting Tori's sleep sorted out. It's so good when you can work out what the problem is!
    Hopefully we can catch up on Wednesday. I've emailed you with the details...you would also be my first bb person to meet!
    Yep, I'm still bf, I plan to for 12 m at least, depending if I get p/g before then. If I do get p/g I will reassess then. It's just so easy and convenient...and of course good for bubba. Although if I don't get af back before 12m I will probably stop just so I can ttc again! I still haven't got af! Are any of you still af free?

Also just wondering how many milk feeds your bubs are having? Louis is mainly on 5 still but when he sleeps well he only has 4.

Melissa - Benjamin sounds like he's doing so well! What a big boy! What a great nights sleep he had!

Kell - Wow at Will being in size 1. I'm just about to go on a shopping spree to get Louis size 0 but he still fits into 00!hehe.

Tracey - Louis went through a really fussy period a couple of weeks ago where he wasn't eating or drinking much. It lasted a couple of days and then of course he made up for it very quickly! hehe.

Nikki - I'm glad you had a good Mothers day - how nice of you to take you mil out for the day. Bugger about Chantelles sleep. I was thinking of trying cc on Louis again but he wakes and I got in and he goes straight back to sleep. So he's sleeping well as such just waking up a lot...hmmm.
    Wow at all these modelling bubbas! What a good looking bunch we have -hehe.

OK - What an epic! Have a great day...

Wow Kell! What a big boy! I think Louis would only be around 8kg and definately under 70cm. Lol about throwing your niece through the roof....

Kell Guest

Krisvee - it may be that Louis is getting cold? I know that when Will starts to get cold hands or something he will wake regularly until i fix the problem...

We have ducted heating though and his room we don't let the house go down to under 16. He also stays under his blankets most of the time. I might try him in a warmer suit tonight though and see if it makes a difference. His Thomas suit has hand covers and a hood so he usually stays toasty in it...Thanks Kell.

Hi all,

Isn't it funny how our little ones are so clever? Jess crawls over to Kat's high chair now when we put Kat in it for lunch/snacks so that if Kat drops anything, jess has it within seconds. She's eaten chips and bikkies and apple etc that Kat has dropped. Jess cut her first tooth last night. I felt it thru when she chewed on my finger and sure enough, it had broken thru the gum. She didn't even get grumpy or upset while cutting it which is FANTASTIC. She's crawling so fast now it's not funny and she's a paper muncher like Kat was/is..... I love watching them play together. It's adorable.

Ok girls, I have a problem. I WANT another BABY. My whole being craves being pregnant again and wanting another little baby (maybe because my babies seem to be independant and grow up soooo quickly!). I've talked to DH about it and he wants more too, but not yet. Not for a few years. I understand his reasons etc and I agree, but it's like an addiction to me. I want another one. I miss being pregnant and I miss the cuddles etc. Jess doesn't want to be held anymore. She wants to be off crawling and exploring. I can't believe the stregnth of this longing for another baby! Dh just doesn't understand how strongly I feel. I feel I would be happy to be pregnant non stop till menopause. I know I've forgotten how bad the sickness etc is, but the end result is so worth it and I just want more children! I used to think 2-3 was my limit and DH's jokes about having 12 were outrageous. Now I WANT 12! I want a house full of laughter and cute smiles and babbling... I know we can't do it yet and I know the reasons. But I just feel sooo strongly.... I had an IUD in place untill friday when after discussions with the Dr it was agreed it wasn't suiting me AT all and the constant bleeding and cramping and tiredness wasn't worth it. Now DH and I will be relying on condoms again and I'm afraid he'll think I will trick him into having another. That is totally NOT me to do something like that so I hope he doesn't think that. But part of me is scared he'll stay away from me for fear that I will get pg again.... I do want another baby, but not at the expense of my marriage. I will wait till we decide together to have another baby... I just wanted to know.....is it normal to feel this way (to want another baby this strongly.....is it just part of jess growning up that I feel this way?). I felt it after I had Kat too. I felt I wanted another. Then I found out I was pg! I don't know what to do... I'm not going to deliberately fall pg anytime soon, but I fear if it does happen by accident Dh won't believe it was an accident.... and I want it so badly...
    HELP ME SNAP OUT OF IT!

ohhh dear kerrie,i definantly cant help you there cos i feel exactly the same way so if anything i will not be good to be around cos i will only help you want more,i have felt like this since the day she was born and it has not gone away.we will have more and that is not even a question but we just arnt sure at the moment when,i think within the next year as we just need to sell our house and buy/build a new one so once that is done watch out big boy i am comin.........
    not sure what other contraceptive i could suggest.have you had af yet???
    nikki

Nikki, I had the IUD put in at 6wks post partum and have been cramping and bleeding off and on since. At irregular intervals. but yes I am pretty sure I am having AF atm. I've discussed all options with the DR and the only one he thinks will work is pill and condoms. So we decided it'll have to be condoms (and DH being concerned about finances said we'll just use condoms as pill disagrees with me and let me fall pg before so it's a waste of money). I just don't know what to do about this longing for another baby.... I know I have to wait....but I'm a "I want it and I want it now" type person Hehe. But then again I'm not going to risk my marriage either. I want to get into this new home and settle in and help pay it off (go back to work part time) for a year or two before we have number 3. Confusing huh?

ANyway, better go as have to get the kids ready to get their needles (Kat's 18mnth and Jess' 6mnth...late I know but both were sick and we've been busy...).
    Love and hugs to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help you either Kerrie, I'm super clucky as well! hehehe.

Hi Ladies

Happy mothers day for yesterday I am glad to see that youall had a lovely day.

Kerrie - I would have another baby in a heartbeat aswell. I was hoping to try and convince DH to have another one when Jordan turns 1. That way he should be nearly 2 when the next bubs arrives. Thats my plan, but I am not sure what DH really wants.

Krisvee - Louis is a clever little tacker. I cant beleive he can walk supported by a walker!!!! I give Jordan around 4 -5 BF a day with 1-2 solid feeds (breakfast and dinner)

Cindy - I am still BF'ding. I plan to keep going to 12 months If I can make it. I am still expressing once a day at work, even though I planned to stop so Jordan has 1 EBM and sometimes a FF when I am at work.

Kell - Will is getting a big boy. Nearly cathcing up to my little chubba. Jordan was 11.8 kilo at his last whale in

Nicole - Glad you had a nice mothers day. I hope that the CC helps with Chantelles sleeping. It seemed to work for a while when you 1st started it. These little bubbas change their habits so often its hard to keep up.

Well I am only working 1/2 day tomorrow YEAH so get to sleep in..... if Jordan lets me.

Have a nice night all

Kell Guest

Hey there...

Tracey - :eek: 11.8kg, wow he is a little chubba, bet you get a good workout lifting him all day I just love chubby babies, with the rolls above their knees and all over it is just lovely!

Krisvee - how did last night go, any better?

Kerrie - Not much help here, i have been thinking myself how nice it would be to have another already. Also the thought of 4+ kids, the chaos, noise, laughter etc just really appeals to me so I know where you are coming from. I think though that we are stopping at 2, DH definitely does not want any more (esp after last night when Will was awake every hour ) and on the practical side of things I guess with just 2 it is alot less expensive in terms of education holidays etc. I guess all you can do is wait until both you and DH are ready...

As i mentioned Will was up every hour last night, not sure what the prob was. then at one point he woke Molly up too, so we had fun. He was a bit snuffly so maybe he is getting a cold, i dont think he was cold or uncomfortable just dont know. Am v. tired though...

know the feeling kell....
    kids went well at the bettina modeling agency but we wont know till tomorrow if they have been accepted so will let you know
    nikki

Kell Guest

fingers crossed nikki...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast