Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

motherduck Guest

Belinda I know what you mean about the older one helping out its kinda cute sometimes, I have to watch Cassie like a hawk she thinks she pick the twins up by herself.

Not much free time happening hear lately only been to casualty three times in the last four days Sat night Jessica developed a wheeze turns out she has Bronchialitis and was given a dose of steroids to help her breethe, twice the week before I was told it was croup ( BIG JOKE ) Hopefuly Jack wont catch it the leaflet they gave me said it's quite catching can only wait and see I suppose, then back up Sun for the same reason.

On Mon DH decide to do some grinding and got some in his eye so another two hour wait for the Dr to come up and take it out, when I was asked for the medicare card I said to the nurse that I should be earning frequent flyer points.
    Jean

The two boys are lying on the floor together watching abc kids - how cute! Normally I don't turn the tv on during the day, but recently so many people have talked about their kids watching sesame street and play school so I thought I'd give it a try today. Tom is fascinated with the tv and Jack is fascinated with Tom LOL. Oh, no Jack is bored and is reading a book instead! Kids!

Tom is waking 3 times in the night atm. I think it's bcos when he stirs he gets on his hands and knees and then tries to stand up. EEEEKKK. It's too early for that!!

My little sis is coming over at the end of the month from London. I can't wait. I haven't seen her since before being pg with Jack. It is so exciting that I will see her again and she will get to meet my beautiful little boys.

Kirsty, how are you recovering? How is your little sis going?

Jean, wow you poor thing, what a busy time. I hope everyone is well soon.

Kate, I sent you an email. I don't know how you manage on so little sleep.

Belinda, LOL at not being able to leave Cooper on the floor. Jack is always hugging Tom but very rarely gets too rough so I do leave them together.

Hi all,
    let me introduce us , my ds Nixon is 6 and a bit months old born 19th oct and me well, i still havent recovered from the mummy fog that descends on us after the birth ( i had a c sec , i had to elelct to have it coz he was stuck in my hip and was too big too move and if i went over due and into labour it would end up a c sec any way... thats what the doc said ! ) any way hes almost crawling and munching down his food... hes not really interested in my boobies anymore and i feel really sad about it ... its partly my fault, i went back to work when he was 3 months coz he was an angel sleeping thru and i had wonderful sleeps .... then about a month into everthing he woke up and cut out ALL his day sleeps and every 3-4 hrs hed wake @ night!! so i got stressed and tired and expressing less and less .... i went on all sorts to get my milk back but this time it did nt work, maybe i didnt try hard enough. it took him 2 months to latch on so i feel my bf career isnt over ,but it is iykwim....
    any way just wanted to say hi !!

oh yeah my ticker is wrong ... i have no idea how it happened but he is an oct bub!!!

Welcome to the group Lea and Nixon

Welcome Lea!

I also just went back to work and my supply has dropped a bit as I am tired...Kirsten never latched on so I have been expressing for her since she was born...but I feel she will be properly on solids soon so I am not too worried about it..you did very well to keep trying for 2 months until he latched on and I think you should be pleased you managed to BF Nixon for so long!! I tried for about 4 months but she just would not get the hang of it.

Kirsty - Hope you are continuing to recover. Surgery recovery is never fun and must be harder with kids!

Kathyrn - Ashton definitely sounds tall and slim like Kirsten..the best kind of babies

Melanie - Tom is coming on so well! I just met my friend with her 4 month old the other day and she is holding on to her mum's hands and trying to pull herself up..we think that kids with older siblings maybe come on more quickly as they try to copy them! (welll thats my excuse for Kirsten being nowhere near crawling! *hehe*)

Kate - Roll on sleep school!! I have heard of people having wonderful results from it!!

Jean - Hope Jessica and DH are OK, and that you and Jack didn't catch it!!

Kirsten got her first tooth through the other day, while I was at work..my mum rang me to say she was screaming - which just got me worried as I couldn't do anything...and then it broke through, and she was back to her usual happy self!

She had her hospital appointment about her flat head and the Dr didn't seem too worried about it at all, and thinks it will improve..it is 100 times better already and people don't even notice!) ..she is to go back in August.

Her eczema has settled down a lot too.

Still pushing the solids, but it is very slow, she will only take butternut squash and sweet potato, and banana (she has a sweet tooth!). Don't think she is quite ready yet as she still tends to suck on the spoon like its a bottle, and her tongue keeps coming out and pushing it away!!

She is getting weighed tomorrow and hopefully has gained a bit. She appeared to have lost a bit when weighed at the hospital but I think it might just have been a difference in the scales (I hope!!)

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; May 3rd, 2007 at 06:38 PM.

Hi,
    how many meals a day does every one else try and feed our babies???
    also nixon is so cute by saying "ba ba ba ba" all day long.....
    and i think i may have made a junkie out of my son, every time he has his feet on a hard surface he starts to jump like hes in a jolly jumper, he does this ALL the time. its getting a bit annoying (omg did i just say that, i just want him to stay still for a bit!!!)
    he hasnt been in the jumper for ages i thought hed forget .. but no jump jump jump

I am currently trying to give Kirsten two meals a day....when i say meals I mean a couple of teaspoons though, she is not really keen on solids at all yet!!

Marion

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been here. How is everyone?
    Gemma and Teagan are doing really well. My little fatty bumba's (Gemma is anyway) weighing in at 7.8kgs and Teagan 7.3kgs. LOL They are only shorties as well 65cm. They are having 3 meals now. About 3 teaspoons for breakfast of Farex, 1/2 jar of apples or similar for lunch & 1tbs mashed potato or sweet potato for dinner. No wonder they weigh so much. I only added the 3rd meal yesterday because they were finishing their whole bottles throughout the day, they want it so how can I deny them? Nothing much else happening development wise, just rolling both ways and learing things a lot more, ie pushing buttons on leap frog toys etc. Babies are so smart. Things are getting tougher because now they know when I leave the room, get all excited when I walk past them so you can't ignore how cute they are, can stay awake for as long as they want and get overtired etc. But on the other hand they are finding each other hilarious. Like yesterday Gemma thought Teagan was so funny rolling over and over and then could kick the TV unit. Thank goodness for video cameras. Or they blow rasberries at each other which is also funny to each other. These are the joyous times with having twins. Sometimes I feel like rocking in a corner when they are both going off of an evening because they are over-tired. I've been in tears a few times these past weeks because of the stress of it, but I know it doesn't last. Got to take the good with the bad.
    How is everyone else?

hi briohny, just signed your guest book !!

hang in there about the stress... no matter how many kids we have every mum knows how you feel!! were right there with you .. I singed your guest book btw!

Nixon is a huge guts... he eats everything im giving him and just wants more ... and hes taking most of his bottles ... as long as he's happy !!

and yes i agree babies are smater than we think... i took his dummy out of his mouth this morning, he watched where i put it and went back to grab it !!

this morning at breakfast he just as he's finished he sneezed it back all over me ! twice..

recently (well last night) i had a go at dh for not helping me ( looking back he helps out heaps) but he always says to me that he'll take nixon on the weekend so i can have a break... sometimes i go out but i dont have much cash , but what ends up happening is nixon gets stuck in a swing while dh works on the car ALL day! then i end up looking after him again. then i go see if hes nearly done its always 10 mins.. the 3hrs later hes still not done !! phew thanks for that.....

motherduck Guest

Hi Lea and welcome to the group.

mmack... Jessica is not even rolling over yet but if I count back the dates she is realy only not quite 5 months, Jack is only just rolling over and gets a bit frustrated when it dosn't happen.

Kristy... hope you are starting to feel better.

Jessica & Jack had thier 6 month jabs today I hate taking them in so upsetting for them It makes me cry, it gets a bit hard to settle them when all they want is big long cuddles and the nurse is standing there waiting to jab the other one.

I also had to get my Implanon implant taken out today because I kept spotting all the time back on the depo needles again trying to convince DH to get the snip but he wont be in on it, I keep telling him that he dosn't want any more kids so he should get it done.

Kate... only a few more sleepless nights to go untill sleep school hope it goes well and you are all sleeping like babbies.

Hello to all you other ladies hope you are all well.
    Jean

Thanks for signing our guest book, its always a nice surprise.
    Lea I can't believe your sons name is Nixon, my good friend has a son Nixon 1yr old she's also a member of BB. "Nickers"
    I think we often too hastly have a go at our otherhalves, but then again sometimes they deserve it. LOL. At the moment DH is working 7 x 12hr days. He gets to see G&T for all of 10mins a day at 5.30cm in the morning and they are in bed when he gets home. So I'm pretty much a single Mum with a really good bank account. LOL. It's not forever just a couple of more months and it will help us by having enough money saved in the bank for a lot of rainy days. DH will feel much happier once we have savings in our account.
    Last night at 2am Gemma decided to have a conversation about something. So DH goes into their room to put her dummy in and see if he can settle her. Instead she got so excited kicking her legs and smiling. He ran back in our bed and said "she wants me to pick her up" LOL. I said "no way" she wont go back to sleep. But it was cute he so wanted to cuddle her. After an hour of trying to get her to stop talking she fell back asleep. Must have been important whatever she was talking about.

Jean, sorry to hear you are having problems with contraception. Same here - only our problem is that DH wants the snip and I want to keep our options open. But with bf and problems with mini-pill there aren't many options.

Briohny, how cute of Gemma. And DH LOL!

Lea, they are sneaky little things aren't they!

Tom has been having 2 feeds a day. Jack was prob having 1 a day at this age as he didn't want food yet. Tom has been waking 3 times in the night for the last week. Yesterday I didn't give him any solids, he had extra milk instead. And guess what - he only woke once. I think I have been giving him too much food so he hasn't been drinking enough milk. Milk is their most important food source until 1 yr so I will cut down on the food and try and get him to take more milk. Hopefully there will be more sleep coming my way!

Melanie - They are all so different aren't they..makes me scared to have another baby, as Kirsten is so good!

Briohny - Men have no willpower when it comes to waking up babies for a cuddle!

Jean - Hope you can find some contraception which suits you!

After being reluctant to take solids, Kirsten had 3 feeds yesterday..just small ones though, she still loves her milk!
    She only likes the sweet things though like banana, sweet potato, sweetcorn, carrot..she went nuts for some carrot and parsnip the other day!
    Trying to get her to try some broccoli, peas, potato etc but she is not keen!
    Will sneak some into her carrot and parsnip!

She was weighed the other day and is now 7kgs and 67cm tall so she is still a skinny minnie but at least she is gaining weight!!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; May 5th, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

hi all,
    I decided to name "nixon" after richard nixon, not because of who he was but i just really like the name!!
    briohny, it must suck having dh away.. i get sad when my dh leaves at 6 and gets home at 6 ... but we dont really have the bank account to match
    dh and I are thinking about buying into a franchise.... i really want it but im not sure what exactly it will bring for us, iykwim!

Nixon still wakes about 3 in the morning most nights, sometimes he just has a restless sleep and wake constantly, ppl have told me to settle him!!! yeah right, he just wants a bottle, i figure his little tummy has gone 8 or so hrs with out food he must be starving.. so i tried the water and he just screamed even more... nothing will settle him but a bottle, has anyone else given in or does someone have a trick??
    oh and today someone said i should feed him more, and he might sleep better.... hes already chubbing up @ 8.3 kg.....those thighs of his are massive..

Does he take a large feed just before he goes to sleep?

Kirsten usually sleeps 10-11 hours, and the only times she doesn't is if she hasn't really tanked up on milk just before she goes off!

marion

x

Marion, I hear you. Jack was so good too and I didn't think I could possibly be so lucky again. And actually I wasn't!! Tom really has been a much more difficult baby than Jack, and it was quite a shock, but I still wouldn't change anything! I love having two little boys and being close in age they are the best of friends. And ironically, now he is a better day sleeper than Jack was at the same age and at this age Jack started night wakings too.

Lea, It is still very normal for them to wake once in the night at this age. Personally I would give the bottle (or in my case the bb, and I do!). Milk is far more important to them at this age than food and it sounds like he is getting enough solids. More solids rarely makes them sleep longer, in my case it seems to have made him sleep less! I night weaned Jack (ie didn't feed him if he woke in the night) at closer to 1 year with success, earlier than that he really needed the feed on the nights he woke.

Hi melanie and ladies,
    I give nixon a bottle around 6.30 and is in bed by 7 he rarely takes a full feed, usually between 120- 180 mls ... all my bottles ended up with wasted milk in them, so usually i give him a 180ml feed before bed and a 120ml feed when he wakes.... i used to feel pressure from my mchn not to feed him, but now i do it straight away and hes back to sleep in minutes.... only problem is i lie awake at night waiting for him to wakeand every tiny wimper from him i wake... he is in his own room too.....

hahaha last night we clipped our cats nails and now they cant climb up the curtians .... its funny watching them slip to the bottom....

anyway, nix is abit unwell atm, runny nose smelly breath... just wondering if it might be teeth....
    oh yeah last night i made the decision to try and relactate.... theres some milk left.. so i hope it works...

Today Gemma and Teagan had their first try of Banana for lunch and loved it, after each mouthful it was "mmmmmmmmm" as in give me more. It's hard doing 2 at once I'm not quick enough. LOL.
    In regards to the waking during the night, I am extremely lucky that G&T sleep from 6.30pm until 5.30am, sometimes stirring during the night but quickly go back to sleep. If he wants a bottle I would give it to him, like Mel said their bottle is the most important thing, it's just a pain in the butt for you! If you feel he is really not settling have you thought about going to a sleep school, like Tweddle? I did a day stay programme and it saved me. They taught me the signals for tiredness, how to settle etc. And it's all covered by the government if you are concerned about money. Just a thought?

Jean-abstinence will teach your hubby! LOL. DH and I have discussed him going to see Uncle Chop Chop. He is willing to do it. He is 37, I'm only 27 so I don't think the Dr's would even contemplate doing me. He has a 16yr old son and we now have 6mth old twins so I don't think we are going to add to the family-just can't afford it! I'm scared to have s*x because I don't want another accident-which has been a blessing :-)
    Did you realise that our twins are only a day apart??

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast