Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #2

allyfield Guest

Well little baby Katelyn now has conjunctivitis in 1 of her eyes going to have to take her back to the doctors to get some drops or medication for her plus she has a little cough the poor little thing has been through so much since coming out of hospital.

Oh Ally I hope Katelyn's eye heals quickly.

Ashton was a dream at the circus and slept all the way through it and the music was so loud as well. Circus itself wasn't a circus as such. Just mainly juggling acts so it was pretty boring and I am glad I didn't have to pay for it LOL. Kameron seemed to like it though which was the main thing as it was only cause of him that we got tickets for it.

Anyway better go and see to tea, so tired but can't have Just chicken for tea LOL.

Love

Well, after all night feeding for a couple of nights, last night Kirsten took 200mls of milk at about 11pm - no idea where she puts it! then just woke at 3.30 and 6.30 for small 40ml feeds, I hope this pattern continues!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Ally-I hope Katelyn gets better soon.

Kathryn-Glad Ashton was a dream at the circus!!

Mmack- WOW at Kirsten taking 200mls!!The most Jazz has taken is 110mls and I thought that was impressive!!LOL!!

Emma, Kate, Tegan, Melanie, Belinda, Rach, Britney........hmmm have I missed anyone??I apologise if I have!!Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful nights rest! Lets hope all our bubs sleep a full nights sleep, at least 8 hours...........oh I wish!LOL! Its nice to dream though....PMSL!

Hey Girls

I have been working on Ashton's website for the last couple of hours with the photos from the hard drive that we thought we had lost. I stil have more to put up but you can see what I have so far at http://www.theastroweb.com/ashton/

Love

Ashton is so cute Kathryn! I have just added more photos to Charlie's site aswell, the link is in my sig.

Well Charlie is still wide awake, being sooky. Jacob had to go to bed because he starts work at 5am, lovely. I hope Charlie falls asleep soon. Pray for me girls!

xox_jessie_xox Guest

hello hello...
    can i join? lol i know i should have joined alot earlier but i just havnt had the time... my little girl Portia was born on the 13th of october @9:34pm, she weighed 7 pound 5 and was 51 cms long ...

how is everyone?

Kirsty77 Guest

HI Jessie!!We ar doing fine, a bit tired and worn out!LOL!

Oh wow Em I'm sooo jealous of Gab sleeping so well. Jazz was up every 2.5 hours and was a bit hard to settle but I'm guessing its cause she was having a massive 110mls each feed!!So it was no doubt a tummy ache!

Ally - Quick note about conjunctivitus: try breast milk if you are b/f, put it into Katelyn's eye as nothing is as good as a mother's milk. Even my doctor told me that. I know it seems mean, but my boy didn't like the cream the doctors gave him and the breast milk cleared it up a whole lot quicker.

Melissa

emma & kate~ My bubs was born the 29th sep!

Emma~ Thats good you had a good night with gaby.

Tegan~ I hope you got charlie settled and got some rest for yourself.

Mmack~ wow 200mls thats heaps i thought Jaxen having 180mls was heaps!

Jessie~ Welcome and congrats on the birth of your baby girl!

Allyfield~ I have heard the same bout the breast milk working for conjunctivis. hope it clears up nice and quick for katelyn.

Kate~ Wow thats a late night im falling asleep on the couch by 8pm I hope you had a nice outing today with your mothers group and both the girls were good for you

Another good night for us jax slept from 8:30 till 2:45 then till 7:15

Hi to anyone i missed

Well i got absolutely no sleep last night. None at all. Charlie just wouldn't settle. Again tonight, the same thing. Not sure how much longer i can put up with this. Also he can only feed off one boob at the moment because the other is cracked and bleeds every time he feeds, ouch!

Kirsty77 Guest

Tegan have you thought about expressing? I know that'll still hurt but surely not as much as b/f'ing. You poor thing I really hope you get some sleep tonight. Not sure how much advice I can offer as it depends on what YOU want to do. Use a dummy, c/c or f/f?? There are heaps of options hun, gentle and alternative. Just don't be hard on yourself for whatever you choose.

I remember Juliette used to get up to feed Hannah every hour. She b/f Hannah and I really don't know how she did it, but she did. SHe got no sleep but just really wanted to b/f.
    Last edited by Kirsty77; November 6th, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

Tegan I remember when I was b/feeding Lachlan. He was feeding 2 hrly day in day out and it was really really tiring so much so I did start to sink into depression cause I couldn't be there for Kameron as much as I wanted too. In the end the GP advised me to switch to Formula and as much as I didn't want too I thought I would buy a box of single serve sachets of formula instead of a big tin and that first feed of formula Lachlan slept for 4 hrs !! So I switched fullly.

Definitely not saying at all that you have to FF LOL, just bascially saying I know how you feel as I have BTDT myself bascially. Can you try a nipple shield for your cracked nipple and if you don't have some invest in Lansinoh it is the best thing for cracked nipples and too keep your nipples in condition as well.

Ashton bascially fed from 4pm - 6pm on and off and then slept till just after 10 and I have just finished feeding him again, so flying thru the forums and then off to bed.

Have Child and Youth Health coming out tomorrow to check up on him.

Love

Hi, I'm back. Sorry I don't have time for personals as I have to go off to my 6 week check up with the ob in a minute. I haven't been on in a couple of days as Thomas is so unsettled during the day. Luckily he is a bit better at night but I'm so tired all I do is sleep. He is waking frequently at night, pretty much every hour and a half, sometimes every hour, but settles quickly most of the time thank goodness.

I can cope with Tom crying but am not doing so well coping with MIL. She was great for a day and a half but she can't cope with the crying and is getting narky and critical and that's stressing me out. I am usually really calm when Tom cries but when I know she's downstairs getting uptight or worse, upstairs trying to tell me I'm doing the wrong thing, I get very stressed. Oh well, she leaves on Monday.

Tegan you poor thing, you have it worse than I do. I really hope it improves for you. Take care of yourself as best as you can.

allyfield Guest

Well took poor little katelyn back to doctors today as she had a bad night trying to sleep as she was so blocked up she was unsettled.

Doctors gave her some drops for her eyes and some little fess nasal spray to help unblock her nose. The doctor said her chest was clear which was a relief.

Hopefully she will sleep a bit better tonight because I am so tired today haven't been able to rest at all today.

OH Melanie. I am so glad to hear that your MIL is out of there on Monday. Then you will be able to relax and not have to worry about what she is thinking etc.

Ally - I hope Katelyn is feeling better now. Ashton too has been a tad stuffy but not bad enough to warrant a doctors trip.

Emma - Goodluck for tonight LOL.

Well Ashton had his child and youth health check up. He put on 130g in 8 days so now weighs in at a hefty.....lol...... 2.83kg. So finishing off this bag of disposables I have and then putting him into cloth nappies YAY.

Love

Thanks for your support! What would I do without BB! Tom seems to have settled down, today he has been much better - not feeding so often and less crying. Hopefully that will continue tonight.

Uh oh, there he goes. BBL.

Kirsty77 Guest

I hope you get a good nights sleep Melanie and that Tom settles down for you.

Has anyone heard from Tegan?? Hopefully shes gotten some much needed sleep.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast