Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #2

Kirsty77 Guest

Kate, I hope Rylee sleeps really well tonight and have fun at your dads birthday party!!

Emma-LOVE your new av!! Looking good! Gab and Jazz do seem eerily similar!LOL!

Ally-I hope Katelyn gets better soon. I hope the panadol gives her some relief too.

Tegan-I hopw Charlie has another good nights sleep and you too!

Marion-Kirsten is sleeping so well. I can't believe it! I hope Jazz sleeps that well soon.

Belinda-Did you end up hitting the shops???

Kathryn-Hmmm I suppose your busy......hehehe I guess you do have 3 boys!LOL!

Hi all. I am finding it difficult at the moment to get time to sign on to BB. When I do, I am usually eating while I catch up on everyone's news and it's too hard to type to reply. Hopefully things will settle down next week although MIL leaves on Monday (and despite being a PITA in some regards she has been helpful by doing washing etc) and my Dad arrives on Wed. BIL has been here this week too and he leaves tomorrow so it's a bit like a halfway house here atm. Anyway, I am wanting to go off to bed now so I'll skip personals and try and catch up tomorrow.

Tom is still a lot more settled and sleeping 4 to 4.5 hours at a time at night so this is good.

We went to a first birthday party today for our friends' little boy who was born at 24 weeks. It's so amazing that he's doing so well. There were a few months there where his parents didn't believe they'd ever be celebrating a birthday.

Kate, a friend was telling me the other day about a book she's reading which is about food allergies and intolerances. It says that it takes 6 weeks to get most things out of your system so this is the minimum time that you have to give something up before you can tell if it's making a difference or not. I'm not sure if that's true but I thought I'd share so you can decide. I nearly gave up dairy when Tom was crying so much but luckily he seems much better now as I really love my dairy!!

Hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow.....

Kirsty77 Guest

WTG Tom on the sleeping!! I totally understand Melanie about having limited time. You ahve to look after yourself first and yup eating is a high priority in my books!LOL!

Hey to Birtney and everyone else I've missed.......its late(well late to me) and I'm a bit of a bumble brain...........

Had to cut my post short before as Jazz is a bit unsettled and I think I've figured out why. Our jug has just crapped itself and is not boiling properly so the poor mite has been getting half boiled water!EEkkkk! Explains the sore tummy shes got! Damn I'm an idiot!

Oh what an aweful day we've had! Poor Charlie just couldn't settle today. First he was wet, so changed him, then he was hungry, so fed him, then he had wind, but couldnt bring it up so cried because he was in pain, then he was over tired, then he was hungry again but because he was crying/screaming so much he just wouldn't take it. Wouldn't even take his dummy. Then Jacob took over and sat in the lounge and watched the car racing. Soon as he turned it on charlie stopped crying, typical males! But then he was crying again, so I wrapped him up in his blankie(which normally he hates) and he fell straight asleep! He slept for about 3 hours. But the crying had been going on since 10am-6pm. What a nightmare.

Going to the doctors next week to see if he does have reflux. I think he might because tonight it sounded like he brought up somethign and then it went back down again and he cried so much.

Oh forgot to say though, Charlie gave his first smile on Thursday. So cute! I just love it when their whole face just lights up like that. Makes it all seem worthwhile.

Hello girls!!! Popping in to visit over here Also to not feel so alone in the lack of sleep department...hehehe.... I expected it but you can never prepare for it.

Kate I'm so sorry to hear about Rylee & reflux. Its soooo awful. and Tegan I really hope Charlie doesn't have it either. We are holding our breaths for Jovie. I really hope she is okay. She's got baby guts atm but sleeps well. Sometimes I have to wake her up to feed her during the day because she feeds all night long & sleeps all day... gotta love the day/night confusion. So I'm trying to feed her at least every 4 hours during the day to make her hopefully sleep better at night. Milk has come in, owie!!!

Wow you girls have been chatty LOL.

Kirsty - Not so much being busy, but our new PC is stuffed, so I am limited with online time again at the moment. at your jug too, don't blame yourself you weren't too know. I hope she is doing a better now though with hotter bottles

Kate - how did rylee go overnight after her 2nd acupunture session? I hope you have a good time at the party today.

Melanie - are you looking forward to tomorrow LOL. I think I would be and OMG at the other rellies coming and going. i think I would be hiding under the closest rock by now.

*Tegan* - How cute at Charlies first smile. We think Ashton is getting there with smiliing as well. he will on occasions if you tickle him under the chin. I love those gummy smiles.

Christy - Good to see you in here even though I will chat to you in the Nov thread as well as other places LMAO.

Hello to anyone else I have missed.

Today Ashton is 1 month old still can't believe how quickly time has passed. Not much really to report on him, still just sleeps and eats lol.

Love

Well thought i better do a post in here, have been finding it hard to get my bearings with all the new threads now

Cooper is going well, feeding way too much during the day but is not too bad overnight besides the odd night here and there, trying to just stay relaxed about it all as there isnt much we can do routine wise till he is a little older, well i couldnt be bothered till then anyhow lol so we just go with what he wants for now

Mason has been really good with him, gets a little carried away here and there but in general he is a busy kid and has other things he would rather do than hang out with the baby

I got out of house yesterday once by myself for christmas shopping which i enjoyed but was tiring, then i hit shops again but took Mason with me that time, he was good as usual when out though, really refreshed me though getting out for awhile, wanted to go out again today as i had a couple of things to do but DH made plans before me lol, so he is out instead helping a mate out, so maybe later

I am so nervous about going out with them both still, not so much cause of there being two of them, its my stupid car, being a hatchback its a pain getting them in and out and its very annoying, but i think i should just do it and get it over with and i will find its probally not as bad as i think

Well enough babble from me for now

ETA: HAppy 1 month to Ashton cant believe it either, going so fast isnt it

HI there girls
    Just wantd to stick my nose in and say hi to Kate. Hope your doing well matie. Not coming down to Mt ELiza Dec...pooh pooh hit the fan! oppsie!
    Chat to you all soon girls
    xxmaz

allyfield Guest

Well had a bad night with katelyn and her cold she only slept in hour and a half lots so was up most of the night. She seems find during the day and gets worse at night. Don't think the panadol does much I am wondering if they can prescribe her antibiotics to clear it up as she has had it well over a week now.

Thanks to you all for thinking of me! Yes, things should be better after MIL leaves tomorrow. She has been doing a lot of washing for me though so I will probably be busier!

Ally, poor Katelyn. I hope she gets better soon.

Emma. glad the visit went well and you both got spoilt. I think the broken sleep does catch up eventually. Try and get a daytime nap when you can. I wish I could more often!!

Kathryn, wow, 1 month already. Congrats. How are you managing with 3 boys? Yes, we are over all the visitors. MIL has been with us since the day I got out of hosp. My Mum has been up although she didn't stay with us, BIL just left this arvo and now Dad is arriving on Wed. We will be very glad to get back to normal with just us. The only thing I will probably miss is the luxury of going out and leaving one or more sleeping boys here!

Belinda, I have been out with both boys by myself a few times now and find it does get less daunting as you go. The best thing about MIL being here is that if Tom is asleep I can duck out without him so I'm about to lose that luxury. But I have managed when I've been out with them both. Luckily it's not too hard getting them in and out of the car, aside from the obvious bit about only 1 of me with 2 of them! LOL!! I'm glad you enjoyed your "me" time. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet.

Christy, huge congrats and welcome. I am looking forward to reading about your VBAC. I hear you on the milk. I was so engorged both times. This time it was so bad the midwives told me to express all the milk I could. They couldn't believe it when they came back to find 440mls in bottles ready to go into the fridge. The next morning the new midwife came in and said they were all talking about my huge milk supply!

Tegan, I'm so pleased you are getting smiles from your little boy. All you need now is some more sleep! I hope the doc is able to help you. It sounds like it could be reflux. At least if it is you can try medication and maybe accupuncture and hopefully get some improvement.

Kirsty, what a shame about your jug. At least you know now. I hope Jaz is more settled now. LOL at the eating. I eat a lot normally, even more pg and even more again when bfing. I was the same with Jack. In fact when I was first pg with Tom I was still bfing Jack and you should have seen how much I ate then!! They joked about it all the time at work - one day someone asked where the stapler was and someone else replied "maybe Mel ate it!".

Kate, I'm glad the accupuncture (or something else you are doing) seems to have helped Rylee. Is she still doing better? I hope you enjoy the birthday party.

Hi to Britney, Marion and anyone else I've missed. I will have to post more often - it takes so long to catch up when you fall behind with personals!

Tom wasn't so good last night. He woke every 3.5 hours and was up for over an hour each time. I think he was having trouble pooing. That seemed to have fixed itself this afternoon however - big time IYKWIM!! His crying obviously bothered MIL - she commented to DH this morning that it sounded like he was crying all night. Bring on tomorrow!! He also has been unsettled today and not slept much until now. After the big poos he fell asleep and hasn't stirred since!!

Well pretty sure charlie has reflux. He's been screaming all day and has had a few little spews today also which seem to hurt him. Poor little thing. Cant get into a doctor for a few days though. Not sure if i can watch him in pain for that long!

Tegan: Sorry to hear Charlie is in pain for you, you cant ring them and get an emergency appointment tommorow, if you go there regular they will usually do that, even if you have to see another doctor there, best of luck with it
    Also you could talk to the chemist as they may suggest something he can try now he is over a month old

Morning girls. Must have been the night for 3.5hrly feeds Ashton seemed to feed alot more generally all day yesterday and last night, but I think that is cause the weather is a tad cooler, so wanting more.

Ally - I hope Katelyn is feeling better soon. I don't think they give antibiotics this young although not entirely sure. Is she congested at night ??

Melanie - it isn't actually too bad with the 3 boys at the moment. Ask me again when Ashton gets on the move and I have to chase after 3 LOL. At least I know where he is at all times for now

Well it is raining on and off here today and we have kindy/playgroup to attend that I have to walk too. So that will be interesting as it will be the first time Lachlan would have to walk in the rain. Hopefully we can time it between showers

Love

Ally, with Jack as he is a bit snuffly my dr said to put a few drops of saline solution inhis nostrils about 10min before a feed, as they (babies) are nose breathers helps to clear their ariways

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Girls

No time for personals today as I ahve 2 clingy girls that just want me. Gem has the flu and a temp and Jaz is constipated I think. I had them both in tears wanting me and cuddles. I've just got them both down for naps...................Might go ahve a coffee as I haven;t even managed to ahve anything yet. A red bull would probably be better!LOL!

Kirsty: PMSL at the red bull hope they have a rest for you so you can have that coffee

Kate: Yes i have shops in walking distance with woolies and stuff there so not too bad
    Kate sorry to hear you arent getting much sleep, hope things improve soon for you

Kathryn: hope the rain stays away for you to get to playgroup

Well wasnt a bad night here, fed Cooper at 9pm, Dh got him at 2am then he woke me at 7am, i didnt feel like getting up so fed him in bed and then he went back to sleep till 9am, Luke had snuck Mason up and kept him quiet so he didnt have to go to school, sneaky boy, but i didnt really care that much this morning about school

Pretty warm here today, going to put Mason down for his nap and might go to shops when they get up, still umming and ahhing about it lol, wish i would just do it and get it over with

Rain held off YAY. Quite a nice day now, just a cold wind blowing.

Had to laugh at the red bull as well. I am sitting here drinking iced coffee. Argh and the boobies just filled up so that means you know who is going to be stirring shortly LMAO. God I am sure he can smell it from where he is just starting making noises, little bugger.

Belinda - go to the shops will you LMAO. You'll be fine

Love

haha i am still sitting here thinking about it, and its too hot now, what a shame i cant do it lol

Will just go when Dh is home now so then i can go solo

Maybe tommorow lol

Kate: Sorry to hear she has reflux, hope she can have something to ease it, and unfortunatley i have to use the car twice a day for school run, so cant avoid it, but at least then they just stay in the car for the round trip and then home again

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast