Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #4

Kirsty77 Guest

Well I just got back from buying a bed for us. I am so sick and tired of waking up with a sore back that I thought we had to have one. I feel like I'm in knots all around my shoulders. I didn't spend much though, LOL thought any bed has to be better then the one we've got. Its an ensemble and soooo old. And from 2 pregnancies I have my own special divet carved out!PMSL! I swear it looks like my shape on its side! Corey reckons he rolls towards me when we're in bed cause from being so heavy when pregnant it slopes down towards me!!

Been busy in here

Kate: So sorry that you had a bad night, i really hope that the doctor can help you out

Kirsty: Yah on the new bed hope its great when you get it

Cooper is in 0000 still, but the bonds 0000 are getting to short for him, he wears 000 as well, but everything he wears has feet in it so its the length they seem to grow out of first

All was good here last night, slept from 10pm till 4am so that was good, been settling him in bed again today and its going ok, he took a bit longer again today, but did get there

Parents are back now which is good, Mason adores them so is chasing them around everywhere and giving me a break

Kirsty77 Guest

Just a quick question for those of you that f/f. How much does your bub have ml's wise and how often. Its just that Jasmine still only takes about 60ml sometimes she'll take about 100ml but not often and she still feeds between 3-4 hourly.

Thanks

Cooper is on five feeds a day at around 3 to 4 hourly

120mls each feed which he drinks all of

Have you tried her 20minutes after the feed to see if she will take the rest, some of them just need a break inbetween and feel full, you can also reheat the bottle again but only once more according to formula company when i had Mason and bottle should be fine for up to an hour after the feed to retry again, you probably know all of that anyhow but just thought i would say in case you dont, maybe she is just fine on that amount too

Kirsty77 Guest

Thats exactly what I was thinking Belinda. That she needs a break in between. LOL she falls asleep while feeding at night so its so hard to get her to drink more than 60 ml. She seems quite happy with the 60ml but I'd like to encourage her to take more so she sleeps longer at night. I guess I have to be more persistant.

yeah its hard though when its the middle of the night, you cant stay up for ages waiting for her to have a break

another thing i found with Mason was that the teat flows were just too slow, so i bought the next one up and he was finishing them a lot quicker, so that might be worth a try too, she could be working harder to get the milk if they are slower, so makes them fuller too

Emma: Glad you had a nice day today and she sure likes her feeds doesnt she lol

All is good here, mum has taken over as she does and is cooking dinner was going to cook, she likes things done her way so its all good if she wants to make it for me

allyfield Guest

Emma let me know you go with huggies I might send them an email as well or contact them.

Just spent the last two days settling Cooper in bed as you know, and now mum is here she raced in and got him up out of bed while i was getting luke ready for shower, she acted dumb of course lol, but making her stick with it tommorow, will let her off as its her first night back and she seems happy holding him

Nothing much else happening here, going to organise a bath for Cooper and Mason is asleep, so pretty quiet here, might watch a movie after i bath and feed Cooper

Kirsty, Charlie has 120mls one feed then the next has 180mls but usually goes 5-6hrs between feeds.

Great pics of kids Tegan, was just looking at them

he is just so alert, got a little smart one on your hands there who will absorb everything around him

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

I tried changing teats to the 3 month old ones and Jasmine is still having about 60mls just drinking it faster!LOL! Oh well I guess I'm gonna have another funny feeder. Gem never took what they suggest they should be having for their age and looks like Jasmine is going to be the same and just not drink very much. I even tried keeping her up to feed her again 30 mins later but she just wanted to sleep. Argh if shes happy then i'm happy.

Re the huggies.. They know how to sucker you in, cause in the boxes you get more nappies for less iykwim (1 nappy in a box is cheaper than 1 nappy in a pkt) anyway they know newborns go through ALOT of nappies, so they don't do boxes for that very reason, that way the parents have to fork out more for each nappy by buying the packets.

I don't have much time to catch up with everything else atm. I have Lachlan down and out with a temperature so I have managed to squeeze him into mine and ashton's 6wk post partum health check today at 2pm. I put Ashton on scales at chemist yesterday and he was 3.66kg fully dressed. Last week fully dressed he was 3.38 so that is 280g in a week roughly. Today he will get accurately weighed being naked at the checkup

Love

For the girls who are looking for Infant Huggies - Babies Galore do sell them in boxes of 100 for $46.95. You can order them over the net if you don't have a store locally (Emma, not sure how you'd go with it). HTH (oh, and sorry for butting in LOL)

Charlie slept through again last night! He seems to do it every 3 or so days, so getting there. We've also put him on thickened reflux formula and that seems to help him a lot more too.

Emma, I hope when you put Gaby into her own room she takes to it easily. I remember Lily didn't like it much to begin with. I'm so glad Charlie is a quiet sleeper, i don't think i could put him in a seperate room just yet. I love co-sleeping with him too much!

Kate, how was Rylee last night? I hope she got a better sleep, and you too.

They do have the Newborn huggies in boxes. We have 2!

I just bought the babylove box of newborns at bigw, never knew you could get them in a box until someone told me bigw sold them, i am going up a size once he goes through last packet out of the box

Mason is in huggies walkers though as he started to wet through the babylove ones

Kirsty: Fair enough about trying all the tricks, seems like what you said she is just going to do what she wants and if she seems happy then thats the main thing

Kathryn: Sorry to hear Lachlan is sick, hope all is well later

Tegan: Glad Charlie slept through

Emma: Glad you enjoyed the movie

Otherwise not much happening here, Cooper slept from 10pm till 4.30am then till 9.30 this morning, so cant complain there, and only had to go pat him once today for his nap and he went off ok, so all good so far today

WFD: (whats for dinner) sausage sizzle at school disco tonight
    Last edited by Belinda; November 24th, 2006 at 11:38 AM.

Well, not a good night for us last night. Tom woke at 10:15 and didn't properly settle until I took him into bed with me at 1:45. Should have done it earlier!! He had terrible belly pains, he hasn't screamed in pain like that for a couple of weeks. Today he is drinking a lot, probably the hot weather. I am soooo tired!!

We battled the shopping centre this morning - I got there at 9am and there were already people driving around to get a parking spot. All the pram spots were gone. I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet and now I don't want to!! The shops are a nightmare! At least the boys were really good although we weren't there for long and I had to feed Tom and change a nappy for each boy!

We are having salmon patties tonight. It's all I have the energy to do and I have potatos that need to be used!

Well done Tegan, sounds like you are well on the way to Charlie sleeping through.

Kathryn, Hope Lachlan is better soon. Good luck for the check up.

Kate, how did you go with the paed?

Emma, it's hard to move them out of your room isn't it. But if you would get more sleep it might be the right thing. Good luck with the decision. Glad the movie was good.

Belinda, good luck with settling Cooper. Do your parents live with you or are they just visiting?

Kirsty, I wouldn't worry. All bubs are different. If she wasn't getting enough to drink you would know.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast