Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #4

Well i hope this is a sign of things to come because Charlie slept through the night again! Although it was from 12pm to 7am but that's when we sleep anyway.

Emma, maybe Gaby had wind and that's why she was unsettled. Sometimes though babies do just cry for the sake of crying, usually for comfort but sometimes just to make a whole lot of noise! I found Lily loved to test her lungs out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Well hope its only a mild case and noone else gets it

Mason still has a few spots but i am not sure now if it is CP or not really, so will just keep my eye on it
    This is exactly what we are like now too Belinda. They never festered up like chicken pox should and he is still a bit spotty, and he hasn't been scratching them or anything. so we really have no idea. Beginning to wonder if it was an allergy to Dymadon Suspension as he had that over the weekend to bring down the 3 day fever he had, but then the 3 day fever and the red throat followed by spots are all c/p signs as well so who bloody knows LMAO.

*Tegan* That is fantastic that you got 7 hours sleep again last night !!

Emma - I think growth spurts can last a good few days, but I am really not sure LOL.

We had a crap night here but I was expecting it. It is hot again in Adelaide and Ashton slept most of the day away yesterday cause of the heat, and going 5hrly between feeds, then the feed itself would only be about 10 mins. So cause last night was cooler he was awake every 2 hours through the night making up for the feeds he didn't have yesterday.

When he woke at 6am after being fed at 4 I thought stuff it I will get up. I have already done 2 loads of washing and folded and put away the 2 loads I did yesterday and it has just gone 8am.

Love

Kirsten seems to have stopped sleeping as well, she was sleeping 5-6 hours at night before but the last few nights have been more unsettled.

Although the other night she slept from 2-9 with only a 10 min feed in the middle!

So maybe 12-7 will happen..I can dream!!

Got my 6 week check up tomorrow, when I'm supposed to be told I'm absolutely recovered I'm sure, except I am still sore and hobbling around and no way is hubby getting near me!!

Marion

Well sorry to hear some of you arent having good nights

I have no idea on the growth spurts really

Kathryn: Luke had it the same although he got new spots each day but they only just dried up straight away and werent really itchy, maybe they are just getting a really mild case, i remember a few years ago that luke has spots in his stomach and the doctor said it was a virus and not CP, so could be that as well

Well i was just in the car for ages driving, Nephew had to pick up his mobile he left on the bus a couple of weeks ago, was so lucky to get it back, then had to go get his wallet he lost, asked him if he was on drugs cause he keeps losing stuff, he said he wasnt lol

Then had to put some money in the bank, was good as Richard just got out of the car and done it all while we waited, even went through drive through to get lunch on the way home lol, so the kids never got out

Phew, she slept from 1245-6 last night, which is a bit better. She did feed constantly from about 9pm-1245am though, so I am still exhausted!

She seems to sleep in the mornings and feed constantly from about 3pm, so I have to run about getting everything done in the morning!

She was weighed yesterday and is now 8lbs 6oz, which is tiny for 6 weeks but a good weight gain for her!

Her head is getting a bit flat on one side because she always lies one way so we have to encourage her to lie the other way round.

Marion

Hi all, glad things are improving for you. This will be a quick post because I need to get to bed. Had a good night but a shocker of a day. It's been stinking hot. Tom has barely slept, he has cried most of the day. It appears to be hunger but then he refuses the breast. I tried everything and finally he had two feeds late this afternoon and now seems to have gone down for a long sleep. I wonder if it's the heat or something else..

I have had a stinking headadche with nausea. It has eased with the panadol I finally got to take at 5:30 but I still don't feel too well so I'm going down for a long sleep too (I hope LOL!!). I think maybe I just got dehydrated in the hot weather and with Tom unsettled I didn't drink much. I should know better when bfing. We have air con but I was outside for a while.

Wishing everyone a 12 - 7 night!!

Ooh, just realised, Tom is supposed to have his 2 month vaccinations tomorrow (he was 2mo on Sat). I hope he's better in the morning!

Oh Melanie you reminded me to book Ashton in elsewhere for his injections. Our GP can only do it at a time that doesn't really suit me, so will have to see about having them done elsewhere.

I too have had a shocker headache today, but probably the same not drinking enough water in the hotter weather today, especially with Ashton feeding alot today. I am about to wake him up and feed him and then head to bed, as he is sleeping a bit longer now it is cooled down a tad.

Love

Melanie, i'm dreading when i have to take Charlie to get his 2mth vaccinations. I really hate it when they cry in pain. I hope you feel better after your long sleep(and hope you get the long sleep too!)

Kathryn, I hope you and Ashton have a better night sleep tonight.

Charlie has been unsettled most of the day. I caught him smiling at himself this morning while i changed his nappy, too cute. Then he gave me and DH a few smiles this arvo. He has had a huge growthspurt overnight, i swear. Yesterday he fitted perfectly in his wrap and now it's too small. Also he has had to go into a few 000 clothing now because he is so long, but they still swim on him because he's so skinny! Am hoping he sleeps though the night again tonight.

Aren't the smiles wonderful!

We put her in her car seat yesterday and she sat and grinned!

The physio just rang me with an appt for the 11th to see if they can sort out my extremely sore tailbone...hopefully I will be able to sit comfortably at last!!

Marion

goodluck with the appointment Marion.

I am hoping or a good nights sleep too Tegan although if Ashton sleeps well I doubt I will it is too hot. We don't have air con here

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Its been really hot here to. We have air con in our bedroom so Jasmine and I went in there and slept for 3 hours!! Gem was in daycare. The heat is starting to mess with me though. I get headaches and feel so lathargic. Hopefully we get some storms to sort it out as its just so humid!

This is the only time I am ever glad of the Scottish weather!

Its about 12C here, which prob sounds freezing to you, but is very mild for this time of year for us.

I won't be so happy in a few weeks when its 0C and snowing though!

Marion

Well another one who had a headache today, and i didnt drink enough either, well i drank a lot of coke but doubt that counts as good fluids lol

Not much to say really as i am tired and need to do housework as i have inspection tommorow, i chose to sit down and watch a show marathon on MTV instead lol, bad idea, ah well will do half an hour tidy then think about bed after that

Cant believe some of the babies are nearly 2mths old!! Its flying by!

I am going back and forth with thoughts of do i want anymore or not, so many arguments i can have with myself either way, so will just think about it for six months and see what i think after that

Oh Belinda I have drank alot of coke lately as well, which is weird for me cause I don't usually.

Had a reasonably okay night last night. Ended up waking Ashton at 10.15pm to change his nappy get him ready for bed and feed him. He then woke up at 11.15pm and I said a mouthful of not so nice stuff under my breath LOL. I went into his room and realised I left the ceiling fan on, so I turned that off and he went back to sleep. Ooops.

He then woke at 4am so that was 5 hrs between feeding, and woke again just after 6am so up for good now.

Love

Well Charlie slept through again! Although it was only from 12-6:30. but still, that is 3 nights in a row now! Gave him a bottle, changed his nappy, wrapped him back up and had a cuddle and now he's asleep again, has been for about 40 minutes now.

Kathryn, glad you had a better night.

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning ladies

We had another goodnight. Jasmine had bottles at 7.30pm, 1.30am and again at 6.30am and is asleep now.She seems to be able to stretch out a bit more a night now. Normally she might stir after 3-4hours but I pop a dummy in and she goes back to sleep!Very sneaky!

Looks like being a cool day here today!YAY! It was 37 yesterday, but soooo humid.

Emma-LOL at wishing Gaby had vomited on her daddy instead of you!!

Tegan-you lucky biatch!! I can't believe Charlie is sleeping through.

Kathryn-I normally say a few nasty words under my breath if Jasmine ever wakes shortly after I go to bed as I end up falling asleep in the chair while feeding her.

Belinda-Don't you hate inspections. we had one not long ago.I cleaned up an hour before they arrived!PMSL!And to top it off I haven;t cleaned since then. Gemma painted the fish tank in cereal to so the house looks sooo gross!!It was so hard to get off.

Marion-I'm so jealous that you guys get snow.I prefer the cold weather to hot weather thats for sure!

Melanie-Hope Tom's vaccinations go well.

Kate- Hows Rylee going?? I hope the losec is still kinda working. Have you seen the pead again to see what they've come up with?? Thinking of you and your girls. Hope your getting more sleep.

Better go Jazz is hungie..............
    Last edited by Kirsty77; November 30th, 2006 at 10:45 AM.

Kirsty77 Guest

Well you can't have them back LOL but we can split them WTG on the weight gain too!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast