Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #4

Don't laugh to hard Kirsty and others with girls - you might have a boy next time!! LOL!! Well done on surviving with 4 kids.

Marion, Tom did the same thing at 6 weeks. It didn't last long, I hope it doesn't for Kirsten either.

Yay Kate. That's fantastic news. Hopefully things will stay better for you now. You must feel like a new person after that much sleep!! Isn't DH wonderful!

Kathryn, hope the kids are good for you today.

Emma, glad the move went well and you are sleeping better. It will get easier for you!!

Belinda, dinner sounds yum!

Tom woke every 2.5 hours all night. I'm tired but I'm getting used to that. DH asked for a lift to work this morning and I was so tired I couldn't get the right words out. We live near the Gabba and I was trying to say that traffic might still be bad around the Gabba because the cricket is still on. What came out was "the Gabba is still Ashesing today". Anyway, he got his lift and there was no traffic. In fact less than on a normal day LOL. Maybe everyone's nursing hangovers!!

Better go and change Jack, I can smell a dirty nappy! Between the two boys I seem to change a lot of nappies in a day LOL!! Luckily Jack is starting to use the toilet but we have a way to go yet before I feel safe putting undies on him!!

Well my full on day came to a sudden halt. Threw the kids in the car to goto playgroup/kindy and notice that lachlan had a rash on both cheeks. Looked at his arms and it confirmed my worst thought, sure enough he is covered head to toe in chicken pox !! he has been fully immunised against it, but it doesn't prevent it unfortunately.

I am now stressing about Ashton who has been exposed to it.

Love

Oh no Kathryn! How awful for you. I hope he gets better soon and Ashton stays well. If one child has chicken pox can his siblings go to day care/kindy etc or are they all banned?

Yay Emma - the silence sounds wonderful. Not much of that here with two boys! I hope Tom starts sleeping longer too. I am very tired but I still seem to be able to get on with things. It's amazing what our bodies can do.

Time to go to storytime at the library. I will have to disturb Tom who is actually asleep atm. Sometimes it's not easy being the youngest!

They can go Melanie, Kameron went today and the director knows Lachlan has it cause i had to tell her i wont be at playgroup this week

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Theres an outbreak of chickenpox at Gem'a daycare too. I'm terrified shes going to get it.

I totally understand the lack of sleep Melanie. I'm so tired and emotional because of it. When I can't settle Jazz I sit and sob with her in my arms! Sad but true!LOL!

Well it looks like being another shocker day. Jasmine is now crying even when in my arms. I'm going nuts! She sleeps for 10-20 mins intervals then cries again. Its not wind, shes had a bottle, just at my wits end! Feel horrible as it makes me short tempered with Gemma then. I hope its a growth spurt and not a sign of things to come.

Had another bad night last night. Charlie kept waking up whinging for no reason every 10 minutes. He just wanted to be held and have me walk around.

Kathryn, i hope Lachlan gets better soon and Ashton doesn't get it. Too bad the immunisation doesn't 100% work. I'd hate for Lily to get it because i haven't had it either.

Kirsty77 Guest

Sounds like you and I and Marion all had the same sort of night Tegan.

Well, I am hoping her growth spurt is over.

She fed constantly from 7pm-2am and ate well over 300ml. Then she woke again at 330am and had another 30ml, but is now still asleep at 845am. Phew!

She wouldn't sleep as she wanted to play with the toys attached to her crib, she was batting at them frantically!

Kirsty - I have also cried with her in my arms, I used to worry about doing this in front of her but then I realised that 90% of mothers must be the same!

Kathryn- I hope Ashton escapes the chickenpox!

Emma - You are luck Gaby is cuddly with the growth spurt I suppose, Kirsten is very grumpy and whingy, makes it hard to be affectionate to her when she is keeping me awake all night..until she smiles!

Melanie - There's nothing worse than having to disturb a sleeping baby to go out, is there!
    Its amazing they are all going through their growth spurts and fussy periods at the same time!

Belinda - Hope you had another quiet night!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; November 27th, 2006 at 06:53 PM.

Mason has chicken pox now too, so annoyed as i thought we might be ok and just luke would have it but nope, so hoping that Cooper doesnt have it too now or me!

Kathryn: I hope it doesnt spread through your house either

Sorry havent really read up much, had a busy day, will be back when things are quieter

Kirsty77 Guest

Well my day got better. Jazz got some sleep, Gem and I shared ice cream(feel good food!) and then I went to do a grocery shop all by myself tonight....felt weird with no kids! LOVED IT!LMAO! Am about to give Jazz a bottle then I'm off for some much needed sleep...........night night girls

We didnt have a quiet one last night, well i did, i went to bed around 2am as i just cant sleep lately! Then Cooper got Bill up at 2.30am so hoping he sleeps longer tonight, i tried him with a bigger bottle tonight to see if that stretches him out more

Well i must say i had the best night sleep last night, that ive had since before i was pregnant with Charlie. Feels good to wake up at 7am and not be tired!

Yay Tegan!

Oh no Belinda. It's a pity they couldn't at least have had it at the same time and got it over and done with. Funny that there is a chicken pox outbreak on the Sunny Coast and in Adelaide - just goes to show how these things spread.

Marion, hope the growth spurt is all over for you. They don't seem to last long. It is interesting that they've all had them at about the same time. I'll have to tell MIL who told me I was "insane" for feeding Tom so often when he had his, and that I was just making the problem worse. AAGGHH!

Kirsty, glad your day improved. The ice cream sounds good!

Emma, hope Gaby had a good night for you. Enjoy cuddly while you can - they grow up so quickly!

Woo hoo!! We had our best night yet. Tom woke at midnight and 4am!! Yippee!!

Both boys are wanting cuddles now so I'd better go.

Melanie - My Aunty was here today, she babysat while I had my doctor's appointment, and she insisted I shouldn't feed her so much too, and said I was just spoiling her and encouraging her to cry for food!! She sounds similar to your MIL!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL at your MIL's Marion and Melanie...how can you spoil a bub by feeding it!WEIRD!

Thats fantastic Tegan that you woke up not tired.....I'm jealous!

Well we had a good night, bottles 3-4 hourly and Jazz went back to sleep straight after each bottle and shes asleep in her bouncer now.

It's awful when people tell you that you are doing things wrong. With MIL it was especially annoying as she was also telling me I should be doing more to stop him crying. I am sure not feeding a hungry child wouldn't stop him crying so much!!!!!!! But I guess she is from the generation where they were told to only feed every 4 hours no matter what so maybe I should be blaming the medical profession rather than her!!

Glad you had a good night Kirsty.

Hi Girls

We were up twice during the night so that was okay, although i had a crap sleep cause Lachlan was in our bed. He is still spotty today but it isn't bothering him any, so I'd say he has a very mild case cause he has been immunised against chicken pox.

Spoke to the GP about Ashton possibly obtaining it and he said he should be fine cause he will get full immunisation from me through the breast milk.

Love

Well hope its only a mild case and noone else gets it

Mason still has a few spots but i am not sure now if it is CP or not really, so will just keep my eye on it

Done a big post earlier then computer froze on me!

Mason says Cooper's name now, is cute, he was holding him earlier and then put his dummy back in and was patting him on belly to settle him, he was doing a good job of it

Sorry to hear you all have to put up with the unwanted advice, luckily i dont get it here, they arent game enough to bother telling me what i should do lol, MIL is scared of me But we get on well nowadays after years of struggle with her being a know it all PITA!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast