Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

Hope everything is ok Emma. Big hugs.

Kirsty77 Guest

Oh Em big hugs sweets we all have off days/weeks

I hope Kirsten is feeling better Marion.

Oh god Briohny I hope the 4 month immunisations aren't the ones they ahve reactions too! They are fast approaching!

Well today was Jasmine's first day in daycare. I put her in for only 3hours which is more than enough to start and she didn;t sleep at all. I'm totally freaking out as from monday shes in fulltime! Gemma loves it so I'm not worried about her at all. Poor Jaz, I'm a mean mummy!

I am sure she will be fine and she was probably too busy checking out everything that was new to her to sleep, once she is used to it she will sleep again, best of luck with settling her in and starting your job

Had a hell day here so not even going to bother going on about it, tommorow had better be different is all i can say!!

nite

Looks like we all had a rotten day at the same time again!

Kirsten seems much better today, her usual smiley self..she usually only cries about twice a week! She had a shocker of a night, waking at 10, 1.30, 4 and 7, when she has been sleeping 830-8, hope that was a one off!

Hope she doesn't react too badly to next months vaccinations as she just won't take any calpol (not sure what its called there) she spits it out then throws up everywhere!!

Her skin has settled a lot today, thankfully, someone thought she had burns yesterday!!

Marion

x

Marion: hope she goes ok next time, Cooper will pool the panadol in his mouth then spit it back out, they are so clever at all this stuff!

I know it's not the right thing to do when some of you are having shockers, but I wanted to brag about Teagan and Gemma sleeping so well now. The last few nights they go to bed at about 9.30pm after their last feed and are sleeping through to 6-7am. It is so nice and I hope it keeps up. Everyone says it gets easier so I'm hoping this is the beginning.

It's OK, I am pretty lucky really, Kirsten usually sleeps from 830pm-8am so I can't really complain

Wow, she is a good size..at her last appt Kirsten was 11lbs 13.5oz, with length 59cm and head 39cm!

She was back to her sweet tempered self yesterday and slept 830-630! Phew!!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; February 1st, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Girls

Jasmine was a bit unsettled last night had her normal bottle at 2am then was up from about 4AM with her crying, think she just wante cuddles from mummy, fell asleep as soon as I picked her up!LOL Apart from that she had a much better day in daycare yesterday. She was extremely happy they said and slept really well. I'm soooo pleased!

My first day was yesterday but they've given me today off to get things organised at home. It went really well. I met about 15 of the staff that I'll be managing and still have about 10 more to met and then the clients, of which most I already know.

Wow Emma, Gaby is a decent size!LOL Shes going great guns! I'll let you know what she weighs and that this arvo as we have a doc appt for a blocked tear duct.

Oh Marion I am sooooo jealous about Kirsten sleeping through.........please send me and Kate some sleeping vibes.

Kate-How's Rylee going??

Hope you have a great day ladies and Em I'll try to remember to jump on later and post Jasmine's weight and that. Doc appt at 2.30pm so thats about 5.30pm your time

I do hope Rylee and Jasmine also sleep through soon!

Although its 930pm and Kirsten is still awake and feeding so maybe this won't be such a good night.

Am glad she sleeps through though, I feel its enough to worry about her eczema and flat head and all the milk pumping, think I would have cracked up if she didn't!!!

LOL Marion we all have our certain challanges with ours. I know if I had to worry about eczema & flat head I would be besides myself, but reflux...it sucks but I've been here before.

Kate thats fantastic about the better sleep (shhh...don't let Rylee hear!)

Glad most of the babies are sleeping well

Cooper has never been a big day sleeper but usually sleeps overnight so thats ok

Have Mason in daycare and luke at school today so its sooo quiet!

Kirsty: Glad to hear daycare went a lot better

Mason cried this morning when he seen the building but i just didnt drag it out and dropped him off said bye and left, feel its the best way really, i know he will be fine
    Didnt take him afternoon tea though so means i have to pick him up earlier if i dont drop some off to him, will see how i feel later

Hubby and I came to the realisation last night that I wont be going back to work for a long time. I was hoping to go back when they were a year old and a family friend was going to look after them for us, at no cost. But she has taken on her two grandchildren (fair enough) and they are only young so I cannot expect her to look after my two and her two, she wouldn't be able to leave the house with a 4yr old, 2yr old and mine will be 1yr old. Impossible. Child care is so expensive, for a full week it is $450. Going to work wouldn't be worth it and I will miss out on seeing my daughters. My husband earns good money so we wouldn't really get any government assistance. It's just a joke. We want to pay off our house sooner rather than later, but I guess we will have to make do.

$450 for childcare is rip-off! It's around $350 a week here and that is still ridiculious. That's why i won't put my kids in. I mean geez, when i went it used to be free!

Charlie is still sleeping through. He's such a lovely bubby. I love his giggles so much and his smiles are heart melting. He's started to 'chat' a lot too. All the goos and gaas, so sweet!

Me on the otherhand. I'm a wreck. I have really bad sciatica and my right leg always feels like it's gonna drop off. I feel like i've been hit by a truck most of the time. Have no energy. Can't sleep, can't eat. Having trouble losing the preg weight too, so have to get a blood test for that. I mean last night, i even had to have a few ****tail drinks before i could even fall sleep! Waah! Sorry for the whinge.

oh Tegan *hug* my hormones did this weird thing when Matilda was around 4 months and I gained weight and had heaps of issues with energy and wasn't eating. I had blood tests, make sure they check thyroid jic. But that was clear & then I had PND & once on those meds everything else sorted. *hug*

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep daycare is really expensive and we also won't be getting any government assistance now.

Ditto to what Christy has said Tegan. I also put on weight after I had Gemma 3 months after I had her. Was really weird, blame it on hormones. This time round, so far so good, but I've hit the gym big time and I'm back on the pill, wonder if thats helping.

Jasmine had a doc appt today. She has a blocked tear duct, we don't want intervention cause it involves her having to go under and they poke it!Ouchie. The doc said it should unblock itself in about 7 more months at the most.We are using drops but I wanted to make sure it wasn't affecting her eye, like making her blind or something(paranoid mummy!)

Hello to all of you. Just wondering if its ok if i join your october mummys group? ive been reading all your posts but until now havent had a chance to say anything. I have a little boy, born in October (obviously since im replying to this post!) - my first child. Things have been going reasonably ok for us. Recently though, for some reason, especially during the day, he's been whinging and crying his little lungs out when i put him down for a sleep. i used to be able to put him in his cot, walk away, and after about 5 minutes of him talking to himself he' d be asleep, but now he's crying so badly. is this normal? he's sleeping all night, most nights (i put him down about 6:30-7:00, and he's up again around 6 or 7), so i guess i shouldnt really complain should i! anyways, i hope to talk to you all soon. ive learnt alot just reading your posts so hopefully i will learn even more by talking to you all!

Welcome jacmeldav! My little boy sounds just like yours! He has lately been really sooky and always wants to be held. I have only just put him down into bed now without him sooking. So i guess it would be normal for this age?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast