Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #9

Marion, I hope things settle down for you soon. I hope the vaccinations go well.

Two exciting pieces of news from here. Tom slept through again last night - 2nd time in 4 nights yay! Also he got his first teeth today. The two bottom ones have both come through together. And he has been so good I didn't even know they were on their way LOL! Looks like our teething experience with Tom will be very different to Jack's. And ouch, I'd forgotton how sharp they are when they first cut!

Well, Tom didn't sleep through the night last night but that's ok. He is so happy, you would never believe he has just cut 2 teeth. I'm still a bit stunned that they are there. Jack didn't get his first tooth until 6 months, and boy did we know it was coming!

Kate, yes the move is very close. I haven't started packing as I want to wait until everything is confirmed, but I think I'm going to have to start anyway. It's going to be a HUGE job. Other than that everything is organised. I have even booked the movers. I hope there are no hitches now LOL! And yes, I feel so amazing in the morning after Tom has slept through (and all day!). I'd forgotten what it was like LOL! I hope you get there soon. I'm sure Rylee will love the swimming lessons. I agree that they seem to pick it up faster when they start young. And most of them love it too - Tom sure does!

Marion, hope everyone is better now!

Emma, hope you are doing ok.

Belinda, how is Cooper now?

Kirsty, how are you going with it all? I hope you are still loving the job!

Hi to everyone else.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Girls

I'm coping well. Jasmine had her 4 month jabs yesterday at 5.30pm and at 1am she was grizzly, had a temp and vomitted all over me. I totally freaked and so did Corey and we've heard horror stories about the 4 month jabs causing problems. Gemma never had any probs. I was up all night with her, got 3 hours sleep and by morning she was all smiles like nothing happened!! I was knackered but went to work anyway! My boss was up for the day to see how things were going. Luckily she has kids herself so she could relate. Other than that we're moving house ina month. I'm a sucker for punishment!LOL

Jasmine is still all smiles all day every day. She even smiles in her sleep!PMSL And shes rolling everywhere, which Gem thinks she has to help her. Jasmine just adores Gem and starts smiling and talking before she can see her and when she can only hear her!! Oh and shes still not sleeping through. I figured out why shes not, cause at daycare shes only drinking half her bottle so in the middle of the night shes starving!!

Well I'm off to bed

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kirsty - sorry to hear Jasmine had a bad reaction to her jabs. It is awful when a smiley baby gets sick or upset and is not her usual happy self. Kirsten had her jabs yesterday and was all smiles until the injections when she cried inconsolably. She didn't seem too sick afterwards but we will see how she goes today!

Melanie - Glad Tom cut his tooth with no complaints! I am sure Kirsten is teething but I think her grizzliness was down to her cold! Hope the packing is going well.

Emma - Sorry to hear you are still troubled. I can understand about the fears about baby no 2. I feel the same as I am turning 35 next week and am in no way fit to TTC again yet, so am not sure if I will ever have another baby!

Belinda - Hope Cooper is going better!

Kate - Glad Rylee loves her bath and will be going swimming. I was taken swimming from an early age and still love it to this day!

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

I thought we were getting back to normal, except for the vaccinations, but inlaws just told us yesterday they want to come down on Monday for a week. They love to spring things on us at short notice, of course I had made lots of plans for the week. They might not come if they have colds, they said they might have and I am not too keen on looking after a sick baby for another couple of weeks when she has just got better!!

After her 3.5cm gain in 2 weeks she only grew 0.5cm in 3 weeks, but has gained nearly 1lb so she is a bit more in proportion now..now at 13lbs 8oz and 63cm tall!

Marion

x

Oh Marion, I hope the ILs decide not to come! It would be awful if Kirsten got sick again. You also need some time to yourselves (when you are all well!). After our experience with Hotel Melanie (non-stop rellies staying after Tom was born) I sure know how that goes. I hope Kirsten stays well after the jabs. Tom cried a lot at his too, I think those 4 months ones are awful. As for TTC again, give yourself time. I felt that way after Jack too (and I was 35 when he was born). We started TTC when he was 7 - 8months as that was when AF returned, and we wanted another one close. But it wasn't until he was 9 months that I really felt ready.

Kirsty, poor Jasmine. I'm glad the reaction didn't last long. Bl00dy 4 month jabs! I don't think the 6 months ones are as bad. From memory there are only two then, but the 12mth ones are bad again. You are doing so well to cope with full time work and everything else. Is Corey well trained?

How is everyone else?

Last night we went out to a fancy dress 40th. It was a 20s theme so we dressed as gangster and gangster moll (complete with wig). Poor Jack didn't know what to say when he saw mummy dressed in a very short dress, fishnets and a blonde wig LOL! Anyway, he was of course alseep when we got home. Later in the night he came into our room (prob to check that we were home) and crawled into bed on DHs side. He slept there for a couple of hours then started wriggling (it's amazing he slept at all, usually he never sleeps when he is in our bed, he just wriggles around). Anyway, DH said to him could he please be still or go back to his own room and sleep in his own bed. So guess what, Jack says "ok" and climbs out of our bed, goes into his own room, climbs into bed and goes straight to sleep. What a kid! And he's still sleeping now and it's getting on for 8am! Tom has been up and gone back down so the house is very quiet. I feel lost!!

Hi gals! Our house contract was supposed to go unconditional today but everyhting hasn't gone through yet so now it will be Friday. It's a PITA bcos that only gives us 2 weeks to get ready. I'm doing some things but don't want to do too much in case it falls through.

Tom slept through the night again last night. That's 3 times in 8 nights.

Melanie - Sorry to hear the house isn't quite finalised! When we moved we ended up with only 4 days to pack everything..somehow we managed!

Glad Tom is sleeping through! It helps us so much that Kirsten does!

The inlaws are here, but interfering a lot less and being quite helpful so its not nearly as bad as when I saw them the last time!!

Marion

x

Just to let you all know i wont be on very much becasue our computer broke Not sure when we can get it fixed. So im on the local library comp at the moment.

Also got some good news. I got a job yesterday! Its for a sales and marketing company that deals with charity organisations. At the moment they are doing the heart reaserch institution. I am an independent contractor, so basically i am my own boss, so i can take days off whenever i like! Had to get an ABN number and all that too. Also a good thing is i can claim everything back in tax. Which is great because i will be using a lot of petrol. The hours are 7:45am til 5:30pm, so long hours but i think it will be really good for me especially since being diagnosed with an anxiety diorder. It'll keep my mind off things.

Charlie is good. Growing heaps. Yesterday he was in a fit of laughter at Lily for some reason and he wouldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes. So cute!

Anyway that's my update. I hope everyone is well!

Tegan - sorry to hear about your PC..hope it's fixed soon!
    But congrats about the job..it sounds perfect!

Father-in-law is now really driving me nuts. His latest thing is to go into Kirsten's room to see her when I have spent ages trying to get her to sleep..or to tickle her feet while she is asleep just as I am serving dinner etc..and he ignores me when I ask him to leave her to let him sleep! He is still doing the "No she isn't hungry/tired/itchy" thing but I am always right!

We have to go up there for a week at end of month...am not looking forward to it at all! Luckily mother-in-law is lovely and on my side so she tells him off!

Marion

x

Congrats on the job Tegan. That's great news. I hope you get your PC fixed soon, what a bummer.

Oh Marion, I know just how you feel. Tell him I said "bugger off and do what Marion says" LOL!! Just when you thought he was going to behave too. What a PITA.

Well, Tom slept through again last night. That's two nights in a row. If he does it again tonight I'm thinking we might have made it! Of course the downside is that if I'm not feeding through the night, I can't rely on bfing as a contraceptive anymore so I guess we have to decide whether or not there will be a number 3.

Bedtime for me now. I hope everyone is well.

Woo hoo! Tom slept through again - that's 3 nights in a row!

Well tried to get comp fixed but it is totally stuffed. So have to wait a while until we can buy a new one. so sad. I will miss BB not having it whenever i can!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girlies

Oh Tegan what a PITA about your computer. God Charlie looks cute in your ticker!LOL

Have been trying to catch up, doing so slowly!PMSL Jasmine is still not sleeping through but shes still no problem when she does wake for a bottle. She drinks with her eyes closed ! She looks so much like Gemma its not funny! Although she has red hair and Gem is blonde. Works going good, had a few dramas this week that made me pull my hair out, but nothing a glass of wine at night couldn't fix!LOL

We have the wine and food festival here this saturday. We're not going though, to many pi$$ed idiots ruin it for all. ANyhoo have a nice weekend ladies..................

Kirsty77 Guest

Thats great Kate that Ry's sleeping is getting better. I really don't know how you got through the early days! Yup I think our girls are the only 2 left that aren't sleeping through although Tom has only just starting sleeping through. Jasmine has very little hair as well. Gemma is white blonde like I was and Jasmine has red bits of hair at the back of her head but the top looks like a mix of brown, blonde and red!Corey was red as a kid but is brown now. Didn't manage to get that glass of wine last night, definitely have to try for tonight!

Well, it appears Tom isn't sleeping through yet either! After the 3 nights, he has now woken once for the last 2 nights. What will happen tonight?

We still don't know about the house. It could be another week before we know. So if it does go ahead, settlement will be one week later too. I just wish I knew.

I'm so busy atm and tired, so will catch up properly soon.

Tegan, hope you get a new PC soon. I hope the job is going well.

Kate and Kirsty, hope you both have sleeping bubs soon too. Kate, how are you finding being back at work? Glad to hear that Rylee has improved some.

I certainly am feeling it after Tom was sleeping through. He woke again last night around 4:30 (when he does wake it's getting later each time), but he didn't really go back down so I have been awake on and off since then. Jack was good last night, but woke the night before. Both boys are teething so I think that's why we've gone off the rails. The 2 year old molars seem to be giving Jack some grief, he even bit my shoulder the other day which is very unlike him.

Kate, I'm glad work isn't all bad, maybe your mum can sit at your house more often and make it easier for you. It is nice having extra cash isn't it. I'm thinking of trying to pick up some chunks of work I can do in my own time once this move is over (if it happens!). As for no 3, well, the jury is still out. Part of me really wants it, part isn't sure. That's the Libra in me for sure!

Oh how cute. I just went in to settle Tom who is grizzling instead of sleeping - got to love teething, NOT - and he just laughed and laughed at me.

Melanie- I feel your pain - Kirsten is sleeping through from 6pm but is now waking at 5am, which is really tiring us out, as hubby has to get up for 7am to go to work so we don't really get back to sleep! She is also teething, and is making lots of whingy noises and chewing her hand off, the poor thing!

Kate - Hope Rylee settles even more soon. You sound like you are super-organised!

We were out last night for dinner..first time since Kirsten was born..to console me for turning 35 today My mum's friend, who was a children's nurse, babysat - we were worried about it as Kirsten had been grizzly and tired all day, but it turns out Kirsten went to bed just as she arrived and didn't wake again until 5am this morning! It was really nice to get out, but felt strange, like the buggy should have been there beside us!!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Happy Birthday Marion!! 35 isn't bad hun! I turn 30 this year.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast