Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #11

Leah - Max started screaming again (what was I thinking, normal little Maxxy!!) so I gave him some baby panadol, he is totally zonked out now in his cot. I reckon he would sleep on the wing of an aeroplane give him the chance!!!

Do you have some baby panadol? My health care nurse told us to get some just in case....they have changed the drugs now so not many babes need it, but doc told me that their legs can be a bit tender, so I reckon that even though Max is a chunker, it's still hurting him enough to let me know about it. Yay Panadol!

Becky - YAY that is a VERY big sleep....Wouldn't say that is unnatural at all....just thoughtful!!

Leah - our babes are born on the same day but our tickers say different things!!! I probably got the time zone wrong!!!

Ummm... I dont think she had anything extra....Diptheria tetanus, pertussis and polio in one, Hib and Hep B in another and pneumococcal in the other. Plus the rotavirus thing. Nothing extra as far as I am aware...maybe your doc's needles had more things combined in one shot than mine?! IDK

I'm pretty sure Maddi had 3 needles as well plus the oral thing.
    I cried when Maddi got her needles, they way she looked at me & the tears running down her face.
    Maddi has the thunder thighs & she still screamed, was fine about 5 mins after the needles tho.

Maddi has very strange taste in music for an almost 3 month old.
    She's really into ZZ Top, fav song is Sharp Dressed Man.

becky Guest

LOL Mo, My hubby said he is very proud! LOL. He loves ZZ Top!!!
    My DS is very much into KISS! He has had it drummed into him from conception though!

Max loves Silverchair!

Just thought I would pop in and say a quick hello!... Way too many pages to go back and read. And way too much happening for us with Christmas, DH 30th Birthday and sisters wedding on NYE coming... so haven't been on much and won't be for the next couple of weeks I imagine!

Anyways... K still has lots of crying, sometimes even screaming time, BUT is sleeping heaps more! Last night she did a champion 10-hours, the night before 8-hours and the night before that 9-hours... fingers crossed she keeps it up!!

Hope all your bubs are doing well and you all have a FABULOUS Christmas!

PS I received my SS pressie and it is sitting under the tree... I had a sneak peak at K's pressie and LOVE the pink tree ornament, which is now front and centre on our Chritsmas tree. Not sure who my SS is but THANK YOU very much!!

We had Theo's needles done last week. He was unhappy for the rest of that day, but then fine.

The worst part was that Will, my eldest son ( 4 1/2) was there, holding Theo's hand, and when the needle went in, Theo cried, and Will cried too! I was crying because Will had tears rolling down his cheeks, but he had his hand on Theo's shoulder, and he was saying "it's alright mate, you're ok..."

It made me cry, because he is such a great big brother...

Qhi - that story brought a tear to my eye - what a beautiful big brother!!

I'm taking Mateo to get his needles tomorrow. :-( Not looking forward to it!
    He has been such a good boy lately - we have had party after party since Friday night till today and he has been passed around like a little doll at each one and has been an absolute little champion! His sleeps are getting bigger over the night too - between 4 and 7 hours now, so let's hope that continues!

Claire - yeah it's not too bad cutting out dairy - missing milk on my cereal though!

Amber - Tell me the logistics of how you fed Myles while shopping - I want to know that trick!

Ni ni's all.
    Terri. xo

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks for the needle stories makes me feel better I am not the only one.

LOL Minimax - maybe I have the timezone wrong?

Rebecca - yeah we had a thing called Infanrix Hexa (6 in 1) gotta love one less needle. When I had Eliza done I paid about $130 a shot to get it so she would not have to have an extra needle, now down here it is free. I think it was just new when Eliza was born. I also had to pay about $130 a shot for Pnemoccocal for Eliza which is now free

Amara is much better now, having a sleep, hope she goes through to 5am.

Night,

Hi all

Got a few weeks before my little man has to go for his vax. He turns 2 months over Xmas so we are waiting until after New Years. I am such a wuss that I'll be sure to cry. Might buy some baby panadol just in case we need it. I'm sure it will be used at some point.

After a busy couple of days have the next few days at home. DH is suffering sleep deprivation so has called in sick from work. I don't know what he is complaining about, he's not the one up twice a night feeding, changing and nursing the baby. Men!

Proud of L. He had his last feed at 10.30pm and the next one was at 4.45am! We had a big day yesterday so I think he was really tired. So far today has only been sleeping in 30 min blocks. He has started to squawk again so best get to him before he wakes up DH.

I'll pop back later

Hi everyone!

Nothing very exciting to report today. Kieran was unsettled for his morning sleep so I whacked him in the pram and took him & Joel for a walk to the shops and posted a parcel. At least I got something practical done! I fed K again & he went down for his next nap without any problems, hopefully he stays asleep

Saffi - It's funny how men can take days off, what about us mums??? Can we have a day off for sleep deprivation? LOL, men are hopeless sometimes!

Star - Good luck with the needles today. It's not nice is it. I hope Mateo copes well for you.

Qui - Your ticker photos are gorgeous!

Peta - Kaylee is doing sensational sleeps! Lucky you!!

Mo - So cute she loves ZZ Top! I haven't noticed Kieran preferring any particular music yet. Hopefully he likes U2 & Powderfinger!

Rebecca - Just noticed you got an Av, very nice!

Nic - I hope Nixon is a bit better today.

Hi to everyone else, have a great day!

Trish - I only just got my Av!!! Didnt even notice till you pointed it out - thanks! Just wish I was that skinny!
    Caitlyn had a pretty good night last even despite having her needles. She slept from 630 till 1030 but then wouldnt take a feed. Then woke again at 12 for a feed and then at 430 and wouldnt go back to sleep. I just wish DH wouldnt insist on just putting her to sleep when she gets restless. I have tried to tell him to keep her up for a bit until she gives out tired signals but he thinks its just easier to put her to sleep. Hes not the one getting up at all hours to feed her.
    Saffi - He gets a day off for sleep deprivation???? Wow - just wish I could do that too. Little miss isnt sleeping much at all today unless she is in my arms which means I havent even had my shower yet. Will wait till DH comes home for lunch and grab one then!
    Caitlyn got her first Christmas present yesterday. From her grandparents in WA. A mobile for he cot - unfortnuately it doesnt fit the cot. We already bought one almost exactly the same so we dont know what we are going to do. Oh well - when they come in April we will say that she started pulling on it so we took it down.
    Anyway - she is playing on her little playmat and I can hear her swiping at things - dont want to miss that!

morning all

had MIL down here for baby worship this morning. she's a retired middy and she did something to the little fella and he's having a great sleep. secret middy business

about music - james loves everything, especially if i hold him and dance to it. his list of faves at the mo:

1) christina aguilera's christmas disc
    2) jazz anything
    3) frank sinatra
    4) mariah's happy songs (not the sad ones, they make him cry)
    5) jackson 5 (especially if mummy does the retro dancing)

about vax... the rotavirus showed itself. can't remember if i mentioned. he had squirty bot and tummy gurgles. i hate the live ones. the nurse reckons the later shots react even more than these. hooray *sarcastic*.

otherwise, he's himself again. saffi, do have the panadol nearby. worked really well for jj.

nickers - that's awful about the tonsillitis and 39.5 temp. you must be super worried. hope he gets better before christmas.

someone's waking up - better jet.

qhi - what a great big brother, that is so sweet!

Tahlia loves Michael Buble, if she is crying in the car, I put the cd on and she goes to sleep! Must be because she heard it a million times while I was pregnant!

I totally jinxed myself bragging about Tahlia sleeping through the night... after it taking ages for her to settle last night, she woke at 3am and was awake until 4.30 and then again at 7.15... I feel very tired today, I got used to long sleeps very quickly... lets hope the sleeping through pattern returns tonight.

All these bubs have such interesting music tastes! I've been slack and haven't put much music on lately. The stereo in my old car was broken so Kieran is just getting used to mummy singing along in the car now I have a new car! The poor boys, I can't resist singing!

Kellie - Maybe Tahlia is having a growth spurt? Kieran had a night like that recently, but it was a one off thankfully. I have my fingers crossed for you tonight!

another slacko here havent played much music in the house of late. silly seeings we have 500+ cd's to choose from lol!
    hard to say if Nixon is any better, every time he wakes he is very upset, obviously because he doesn't feel well and he doesn't know how to express it. I had to console him for over 30mins when he woke from a good 2hr sleep today he kicked and screamed for 30min. and what did the trick in the end..... good old wiggles!! speaking of which DH has been moving their gear around this tour and got tix for Nix & his couisn and he is taking them to see them this Sat! So wanna get him better for that and im quiet surprised DH wants to take 2 x 20month olds on his own!

i can feel Nixon's swollen tonsils outside of his neck poor boy and he is getting skinner by the minute, all he has eaten today is 1 x banana (half for breakfast half for lunch) one cube of watermelon and half a pc of plain bread. Yesterday he ate even less.
    Rebecca- your Av looks awesome!
    qhi- oh thats soooo sweet! what a loving big bro

anyway back to disinfecting for me... once i got sarted i realised how many things need cleaning. now i have a list i just made a whole heap more work for myself! Just think how many things Nixon has touched after wiping his snotty face with his hand, ive been following him around with a tissue but the germs are still lingering.

Question:
    Can your DH's wrap bub? Mine is hopeless. i have given him numerous lessons on it, i went through the same when Nix was a bub he couldnt do it. Admittantly sometimes Tyron gets out of my wraps but most of the time its pretty good. but EVERYTIME dh wraps he gets out and wakes himself up. I dealt with a number of wakes through the night cause dh put him to bed and didnt wrap properly.
    but when i say something his answer is that i should just do it evey time rather then do it properly himself!!

Nic - My DH hasn't wrapped Kieran, bathed him or changed him once yet! He has put one nappy on him since he was born. So I have NO idea if his wrapping is any good, LOL! He used to wrap Joel well though. BTW - LOVE Tyron's santa pic in your ticker, he looks so cute!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast