Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

becky Guest

WoW! As long as he is healthy and happy hey Amelia?? I think Chels would be heading to the 6kg mark now. Poor little thing had atummy ache this morning. Didn't really want her bottles, and I realised she hadn't done a poo yestareday. Fixed that about half an hour ago though and now she seems as right as rain! Poor little thing. First time she's ever had a tummy ache I think!
    Im sorry too bout the self centred post. Gotta run, I can hear bubba!

Hi everyone, only read the last page...have been away for too long, and you all talk too much :P

Melbourne trip was "fun"...we all slept in the same tiny room, and Theo woke every two hours to feed. It was horrible! SO glad to be home. As soon as we got back, he went straight back to only waking once a night.

My in laws arrived yesterday, and my MIL heard Theo stir, and held him for a two hour nap! So he was crap to settle. I just had to be mean and say I am the only one who can do the sleep thing. I don't want him to develop a bad habit.

She has taken over the cooking now, and everyone is happy!

Hope all the bubs and mums are doing well

Keep her in the kitchen qhi! My MIL annoys me when she says that 'Max is boring, all he does is sleep'! Um HELLO! I'm sure when he gets bigger she'll probably wish he would sleep more and not want to run around so much! tehheheh! When that time comes I'll remind her that 'now he isn't boring'!

Speaking of cooking, I made a chocolate cake today! I think i've finally made DH realise we do need a new oven. Does anyone like charcoal with their cake!!!!

Hope you are all having a good day

Yum Mini Max.... I want some chocolate cake! :-)

hhmmmm must be the thing with MILs to be annoyed when the baby sleeps because mine says the same thing! I'm sure in a few months when they're all crawling around getting into things the comment will change to "wasn't it nice when they just slept"....

Hayley was a good bub for her injections, luckily DH had time off work and came with us because lucky me got violently ill at 4 am that morning so all I could do was sit in the chair and try to keep somewhat normal. I had baby panadol on hand but she seemed to be a little bit more sleepy and wanting a few more cuddles and thats it so didn't have to use it in the end. All over for another 8 weeks

First nappy leakage today - in the carseat of all places. Thankfully I got to it very quickly but jeez!

Rebecca - these wraps you recommend seem to be getting heaps of approval - can you let me know where you got them from? Little miss is now getting herself out of her wraps when she really wants to so thinking about other options.... Thanks!

Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is well

For the Melb girls - re the meetup - is there anywhere at the place we are meeting for b/feeding? I am still not really comfortable feeding in a chair without arms and a back, and I still have to carry a pillow everywhere with me! If there isn't, I might bring some milk in a bottle cause when I'm not comfy and Tahlia is crying cause she is hungry, I get really stressed and it makes it even harder for me!

morning all!

Tyron went great ovenight fed at 9pm and didnt hear a peep out of him until 6am!
    Although after his feed he did the most mammoth poo explosion all over both of us so iv just cleaned it all up. I knew it was on its way i said to dh last night besides skid marks its been about 1 1/2 days since Tyron pooed and was hoping he didnt do it overnight!
    he was quiet unettled after his 6pm feed last night so instead of going to 10-10.30 he only made it to 8.45pm, so i was bumed thinking that would mean he will wake up earlier but he didnt! thats the longest he has gone so far so wont get too excited but was very happy with that.

we went to the beach yesterday. it was ok but a lot more effort than reward! Nixon was great to bgin with but after 30min started his carry on. he was kicking sand which went all over Tyron, sand really irates me sometimes atthe beach there is just no escaping it! anyway it was good to go out as a family but i think we'll wait till next summer to go back!

right off to look at weight watchers. i wanna start as of tomorrow, ive let 2.5months slip way without doing anything which annoys me, i am a bridesmaid in May and want to be at my goal weight b4 then.

any plans for tonight? we still have NFI what we are doing. prob stay at home and have a few quiet drinks. asked sister and her fam over but they are going to watch some fireworks out west. Nix is still bit young to enjoy going on the rides and all the rest of it so i tink we'll give it a miss NYE is just not what it used to be!

Morning everyone!

Nic - Wow what an awesome sleep! Hope he does it again tonight for you!!

Kellie - I don't think there are any parent's rooms there. I'm pretty sure that the chairs have arms if that helps? I bring a pillow around too so don't feel bad!

We had a good night last night, Kieran went to bed at 10pm after his last feed and slept until 5:30am. He probably would have slept longer, but I heard him making a noise and went to check on him, then thought I may as well feed him seeing as I was up. He keeps pulling his wrap up over his face ATM, I don't know what to do to stop him!

Re: NYE, we are meant to be popping into a friend's party, but it is going to be sooo hot (42 degrees) that I don't really want to go. It is too hot for a little baby to be going out and I don't want to be carrying him around in that kind of heat. Hopefully we'll do something quiet at home instead.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning all

No plans for NYE, the first time in many years. After the night I have just had I doubt I will be awake at 10pm let alone midnight. L had his last feed at 11.45pm and then was up again at 3.45am and despite numerous attempts to put him down, settle etc he wouldn't sleep except for a brief 30 minute snooze. I have been up since then too. He is quiet now so best be off to get some sleep while I can.

DH went off to work today after all of last week off. L always seems to be more unsettled on Mondays.....

Have a good day and I will check in later.

Trish did you find anything out for where to park?
    Any idea's on the cost either?

hi all

i'll be sitting at home like a good cow for NYE.

i'm over this whole jag, btw.

james rolled from front to back on his mat today. he's a show off, obviously.

so i'm quite jack of breastfeeding again. he can't take the boob because the flow is too fast, high. he just turns into a vombag. no worries on the bottle, so i'm expressing for him. i'm getting really sick of expressing and i am waiting anxiously around the calendar for the 3-month mark so i can get him onto formula.

i hate the whole guilt of the establishment into continuing breastfeeding, as though it's a massive travesty if you don't. bah!

so tell me... f/f mums -- can you pre-do formula bottles in advance so the middle of the night freak-outs are shorter when he's screaming for his bottle?

eta: amelia - rhys is a champ! i actually don't know what james' exact weight is at the moment but i know he hasn't cracked 8kg.

Mo - Sorry, I forgot to get back to you! DH said you can park on Anderson St or Walsh St, otherwise there is heaps of parking along the Yarra. Parking is free in most places (not sure about the Yarra though), but just be aware of how long you can park there for. I think no matter where you park there is still a little walk to the cafe because it is kind of in the centre of the gardens. If it doesn't suit you, let us know and we can arrange to meet elsewhere, we're pretty easy!

Thanks Trish, No need to change the meet-up, I'm fine with walking as long as it's not 42 degree's like today.
    Look forward to meeting everyone this Sat

Viv it's recommended not to reheat the bottles, what you could do is boil the kettle before bed time fill the bottle with water.
    Then when he wakes up just put the bottle in the microwave for 10-40 secs (depends on how cold water is) then put the formula in.
    Other way is Boil the kettle before bed, then when he wakes for a feed just slightly boil the kettle till it warm enough then make the bottle.

Ninja - I do up 24 hours worth of formula feeds and keep them in the fridge...after 24 hours - i throw them out. I know they say not to heat them in the m/wave but I am guilty of doing this! When Caitlyn is crying at 3 am for a feed I cant wait 5-6 mins for the milk to warm in water - I just make sure I shake it a lot to evenly distribute the heat.
    Amelia - What a big boy you have!! I dont think Caitlyn has cracked 6 kg yet - but I dont think she is far off.
    We are thinking about moving from Infant nappies to the next size up when this pack is finished. We had our first middle of the night leak the other night....only pee tho! But it didnt make it to the mattress - the wrap copped the lot!
    Poor little thing is tired today - down for a nap already - we took her for a drive to have a look at the dam out here! Its fuller - but filthy! Did a load of washing yesterday and everything came out dirty cause of the water! Stained it too! Not happy!
    Anyway - DH is home today so we are trying to spend some time together - away from the bloody PS2!

I also make up a days worth of formula and store it at the back of the fridge, or wherever the coldest part is, not in the door. I also microwave during the night for the same reasons. You just have to make sure you shake the bottle well to distribute the heat. After 24 hour throw out unused formula.

Viv - I have to admit I am getting over BF too. I have never enjoyed it and don't find it satisfying at all. I am constantly worried that he is not getting enough and atm he fusses at the boob I don't know if it's because he's not hungry, there isn't enough there for him, or the attachment, position etc is wrong. I have been expressing too but not getting a lot but I think thats because I don't drink enough. I really want to keep doing it cause of the "better" health benefits vs FF but is it really worth the stress?? I have been told by the Dr as he is small to demand feed. So this has been as frequently as every 2 hours when following the feed play sleep cycle. I don't know.........

L allowed me to have about 30 mins sleep this morning before it all started again. Is down now but only after fighting with him for over an hour and letting him cry it out. I know! Bad mummy......

hey melb gals - just checked the weather forecast, its going to be 37 on Saturday - is that too hot for our meetup?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast