Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Maddi had a another great sleep, think the new formula is finally starting to work yay.

Maddi is in infants now & just starting to fit into her 000 clothes.
    Can't believe my little girl will be 3 months tomorrow.

Max is discovering that his hand is actually attached to his body. It spends a lot of time in his mouth. Only his left hand though, don't think he's seen the right hand yet! He's starting to get distracted when he's on the boob too....looks up at me and smiles.. Little cheeky monkey!

He is also getting into his 000 clothes! Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow and start doing new things. I wonder if it overwhelms them!!?

Maddi loves her hands as well, she favours the left side, She'll even spit her dummy out to suck on her hand now.

Hi everyone!

Wow, these bubs moving into 000's! Kieran is the youngest and he is moving up to 00's already! He is WAY bigger than Joel was, clothes that swam on Joel at this age are fitting Kieran very snuggly! I have such a big boofer.

K has had really unsettled day sleeps since yesterday. He doesn't want to sleep at all. He seems to do this once a week so hopefully by tomorrow he will be back to normal. I've tried EVERY possible settling method today and it works for a little while, then he starts crying again. I just left him crying before (I hate doing it, but I had to for 1. my sanity, 2. to make Joel lunch) and he has fallen asleep by himself. Fingers crossed he stays alseep until his next feed. He is screaming as soon as I put him in his cot and it is pretty distressing for me too! Oh well, the joys of having a baby hey? Just when you think you've got it all sorted, you have a day like this!

Celtic - Geez, a pregnancy scare! I would completely freak out if I thought I was pg again, I am soooo not ready to even think about it!

I can't decide if I am up for any more kids, DH really wants another one, but I think I will wait and see! I have a friend from my old mother's group who is having her 4th bub in July, her first is the same age as Joel so she will have 4 under 4!!

Anyway, have a great Christmas eve!

Hi there, Sorry to hijack your thread but I was just reading a few posts and it seems you have some good overnight sleepers. My DS who is 10 weeks goes down around 8ish and wakes about 1.30am and 5.30am and then between 8-9am. Is this alot? He is really hungry when he wakes, but I know he can go longer as he was waking between 3-4am for a few days last week. Any tips on making him sleep longer. We feed him lots in the evening so we can't give him any more he is so full.

Happy Christmas Eve all

Still hoping - my son is 8 weeks and his pattern seems to be similar to yours. I am trying to drop the 2/3am feed but haven't been successful yet. He also seems to be hungry so I have been thinking maybe I shouldn't leave him to sleep so long in the evening. Maybe wake him at 11pmish and do another feed. BTW - since your bub is born in October, why not join us in this forum.

After the marathon sleeps yesterday L was a horror overnight. So didn't get much sleep overnight. DH went off to get the seafood for tomorrow's lunch and I stayed home to look after L but also try to catch up on some sleep myself. Well that didn't happen. He came home and went out again. As L was still sleeping I thought ok here is my chance and put the dogs outside and went to bed. One of my dogs then starts barking her head off and scratching at the door. Don't know how she knew we were still in there. Anyway, that then woke L up. Am trying to put him down for another sleep and then I'll try again. Knowing my luck DH will come home and start the dogs off again.

Anyway, if I don't post again today, have a very merry Christmas with your bubs and your families.

Saffi, DH and Lachlan

Hi still hoping, you are welcome to hijack, hope you hang around! Sounds pretty normal to me, the fact he was sleeping longer and now is waking hungry makes me think maybe he is having a growth spurt....... a 5.5hr stint is pretty good.....
    Some nights 5.5hrs is the most Lu can manage, other times it can be 9 hrs....

Merry Chrissy everyone! Have a fabbo day tomorrow. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks guys. I'll try and hang around. I was also wondering if it was a growth spurt. I am happy to get up if he is hungry, it is just when he starts varying it up, my body goes all out of whack and I feel more tired than normal. I was used to the 1.30 and 5.30 and then when he changed it for 3 days I was so tired, now we are back to the same routine, but my body has to get used to it again.

Merry Christmas

Hi Stillhoping! Your bub does sound like he had a growth spurt last week, they are good at throwing us out of whack aren't they! As for sleeping longer at night, your bub sounds pretty normal to me too. How often are you feeding him during the day? If you let babies sleep for too long between feeds during the day, sometimes they don't sleep that long at night. Do you have a feed/play/sleep routine happening? This helps set babies up for sleeping better at night. Other than that, I don't really have any words of wisdom! Please feel free to pop in whenever you like, the more the merrier around here

Hi Trish, he feeds every 3 hours during the day, but has started having a 3 hr sleep most days and then 2 shorter sleeps, so he goes longer without a feed when he sleeps that long. I think he is getting heaps of food during the day, I think he sometimes wakes out of habit as no matter what time he goes down at night eg 7.30 or 9pm he still wakes at the same time. I'm happy with his night sleeping if he can keep it regular for my body clock!!!! I may ask Santa for DS to just sleep through tonight or tomorrow as his present to me!!!! I'll let you know if I get it.

LOL, that sounds like a GREAT present, I think I'll ask for that too! You sound like you are doing a great job with your little man. They definitely can wake out of habit. Have you tried resettling your DS first before feeding him? My DS was waking at 1:30am every night for nearly a week, I just went in and gave him his dummy and he would go back to sleep (if he kept going I would have fed him, but he didn't so I assume he wasn't hungry). He has finally stopped waking at that time. He usually wakes between 4am and 5am for a feed now which is much better.

Hope you get that present from Santa

I'm thinking of trying the resettling over the Christmas break while DH is on hols. I really don't like DS crying overnight as DH has to work and I like him to get some sleep. Like you say if they don't settle quickly it is usually because they are hungry. DS also wakes to do a poo. What is with that. He wont do it in his bed, maybe when he is lying down he finds it too hard to strain!!!!

I don't worry about my DH, he sleeps through all the crying and is surprised if I tell him I was up and down all night! Good idea trying it over the Christmas break, maybe get your DH to have a turn resettling your bub too? That's bizarre that he won't poo in bed! Good luck

Claire Guest

I'm 32! Love it though - getting older is cool!

Merry Christmas everyone and welcome Stillhoping!

I hope Santa brings you everything you want - though I don't know how he'll squeeze Daniel Craig down my chimney, seeing as I don't have one!

Harry is doing really well - currently waking twice overnight, which is a bit of a pain as he was going 8-9 hours BUT I'm coping OK.

We are very excited Christmas is here, I went a bit made with pressies this year for Emily even though I was determined not to. We are doing the Santa delivery so there's only a few bits under the tree at the moment - I'm looking forward to seeing her face when she see's all the pressies! Bless her!

Well CAitlyn's 6 hour stint was a once off. Stillhoping - your little man sounds like he is the same pattern as my little one. Down at 8 up at 130 and then again at 5 for my little one - althouh this morning I didnt feed her at 5 just bought her into bed with us and settled her - she slept again until 730!! Very happy. STillhopin I too hope Santa brings me the same present. The night she slept for so long I was awake and freaking out cause she hadnt woken so I dont know if I could handle that again!
    DH got up to do a feed again last night - hopeless man!! Fed her, burped her and then put her straight into the cot and wondered why she cried! I told him he has to cuddle her for 15 mins or so before putting her in the cot and then do the leave the room slowly trick - nope dumped her and then ran to bed. When she woke (of course she bloody did!!) he told me that I had to go settle her.
    But of course at 5 when she woke again I got my revenge by bringing her into bed (no Sunday morning nookie for him!!) He He He He :P
    Anyway - we went to Mt Isa for some shopping today and DH got me my Xmas present - a new computer! So I may be off for a few days while I am installing everything and transferring everything over to the new one and seeing if the installation of my broadband will be easy or if I have to be on hold with Telstra for hours again!
    If I dont see you all before hand - have a fantastic 1st Christmas with your new littlies and enjoy!
    Bec

becky Guest

Hi everyone
    ***MERRY XMAS ***

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and gets very spoilt....

Merry Christmas to all.
    Inlaws should be here soon and be running around all day preparing.
    im looking forward to tomorrow, i went ad picked up a helium tank for 50 balloons and going to get up early to blow them up, Nixon absolutley loves balloons and cant wait to see his reaction when he wakes up!

His Still hoping- could most definatley be a growth spurt. always whena routine starts setting in stone it changes!

anyway im also excited for Nixon to open his SS present and if i have time i will pop in and post, i hope everyone enjoys their SS presents!

Trish- wow 4 under 4. we had a whoops a few nights ago and seriously hoping nothing happened. i dont even think i am ovulating as i havent yet had a period but u alwas hear of these stories. I have my hands full enough with 2 under 2 thanks!

our baby's first christmas awwwww....

Trish - Still can't believe how similar our boys are. Max went a bit spac last night too. I still think because of the full moon!!! He wants to be awake more too. I need to work him out all over again...sheesh!

Welcome Stillhoping - aside from the sleeping, tell us more about your boy!

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve, and have a great day for Christmas with the new bubbas!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast