Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

THANKS SS (aka Mo! ) I must admit we opened Lu's pressie pre christmas..... She got a gorgie pie Bonds outfit and a funky skirt. Very cool, couldn't have picked better myself. Thanks Mo and Maddie.

We had a great day. Lu is back to sleeping from about 8.30 till 5.30, well the last 4 nights anyway, got to be happy with that.

your bubs slept??? lachie had a grand total of 2 hrs until about 9pm when he finally went to sleep, then he didnt feed for 11 hours and my boobs were SO sore!!!!! i havent had that feeling before now, ouch

Hi all

Christmas Day was great. Lochie like all the other bubs was spoiled and has enough clothes and toys to last him for a long time. Lunch was at our place so had to be host. DH looked after bubs and my guests helped with the catering and cleaning up so not too bad.

Went to the sales today. For the first time I came away practically empty handed, except for one skirt. Now that I'm not working don't need a corporate wardrobe and all the tops need to be BF friendly which I are hard to find. Did get some new bedding so at least our bedroom will have a makeover. L and DH came along too and both behaved themselves.

House looks like a bomb has hit it and have piles of washing to be done so a few days at home are needed.

Have a good evening all.

Your welcome Ange, So glad you both like the outfits bet Lu will look like a little stunner in them

Maddi is having a horrid day, think there has been too much happening these last couple days, So tomorrow we are just staying home & doing nothing.
    Couldn't go shopping today Maddi screamed almost the entire time we were out.
    Hoping tomorrow is better

Claire Guest

Hi everyone -

We had a wonderful Christmas day and Boxing day - spent a good 2 hours chrissy morning opening pressies, then spent the rest of the day at Balmoral Beach. Today we started our family tradition of going to the cinema and watched Bee Movie, followed by lunch and a long, long walk...

We've all had a fantastic time!

Hi everyone.
    Hope you all had a great christmas day with your little bubs.
    We had a great but exhausting day. I couldn't believe how spoiled Ethan was by our extended families. He has so many new things. Hubby and I were talking about what it is going to be like next year when he is 1. Not sure where we are going to keep everything (we live in a tiny house which is already cramped).

Had a really bad day today. Ethan has only slept a maximum of 3 hours the whole day. Only just got him to go to sleep 10 mins ago and he is due for a feed in 5. I will let him sleep and wake him a bit later to feed. Hopefully he will sleep well tonight. He just seems to be getting worse and worse with his sleeping. If my mother in law says that little day sleep is a sign of a gifted baby I am going to throtle her!!!!!

Hope everyone else's bubs are settling after all the excitement of chrissy.

becky Guest

Chels seems to be the opposite. I feel like I dont get very much time to spend with her cause she is always sleeping!! LOL. She definately must be going through a growth spurt. Only stays awake an hour or so at a time, then wants to sleep again. And I keep thinking, 'great, Im gonna be awake all nigh now', but nope. She still sleeps 8-9 hours straight at night too. Maybe I just have an angel.....

Wow Becky. You are so lucky. It's a shame that we can't pre-order our babies to be happy and content. Had a great night with Ethan last night. I didn't have the heart to wake him until nearly 11 for his 10 o'clock feed as he had just fallen asleep. After his feed he went straight to sleep and didn't wake until 5.15am! That is an achievement for him. When he woke I just put the dummy in and he slept until 6. I was so tired from yesterday that after I feed him at 6 I woke hubby to enetertain him for a while. He went to be 2 hours ago and is still asleep. Maybe he is changing or maybe he is just exhausted from yesterday.

Claire Guest

Today is our pj day - it's carp weather outside anyway! Emily is playing with all her new toys and I have put all her old ones away so she really get's some use out of them. She has so many, none get played with properly.

Harry is sleeping - we have been dragging him around these past few weeks so today I will hopefully settle him down for 3 good sized day sleeps.

Hey all, hope your all recovering from Christmas and Boxing Day! I wonder how many unsettled babies are out there at the moment after such a busy couple of days? We stayed home yesterday so Kieran seems pretty settled today.

I took K to his 8 week MCHN appointment this morning and he is still doing nicely. He has been been putting on around 210g a week the little porker. He now weighs 5.77kg, is 59cm long and has a HC of 40.5cm. He is still in the 75th percentile so he is destined to be a big boy!

What is everyone doing for new years? We were going to go to a friends party that is family friendly. They are having a Tahitian theme and will celebrate the new year at 9pm so people can take their kids home. But it's going to be 37 degrees in Melbourne that day and it is only a little house so I don't think we'll go now, Kieran doesn't sleep with lots of noise and I don't want to have to hold him the whole time in that kind of heat. I suppose we'll see if the forecast changes, but I'm not that keen on going with such a little baby anyway, it is pretty exhausting for us both.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Our christmas was a slow one. Was nice to have DH home for a few days to help out. I left him alone for a few hours and he got to see what it was like. All he wanted to do was play his PS2 and of course Caitlyn wanted attention. He He He! When I came home he says "I am soooo tired! Had to carry her all the time and she wouldnt go for a nap or anything!" - Hmmm maybe cause shes not tired?! Good thing he didnt get a call out - he is on call over the Christmas/New Year period!
    Anyway - Christmas presents for Caitlyn were all sent by mail just a little too late so they arent here yet. We got her a few little toys - not much - and some wrapping paper! She LOVED it! Scrunches it in her hand and giggles!
    We thought we would try her back on number 2 teats cause she seemed to be fussing a lot on her bottles - BIG MISTAKE! Screaming throughout most of her feeds yesterday - so back to number 1. Went to the chemist this morning to buy some new ones and could only get 4! I need 8 so they are going to order some in for me.
    Was pretty cool weather here the past couple of days and it looks like we are in for some rain or a storm AGAIN today/tonight. Just about every day last week we had big storms. Caitlyn didnt seem bothered by them at all - thank god cause they terrify me.
    Anyway - hope everyone had a fantastic christmas with their new little ones. New years for us will be a glass of Moscato for me and a beer for DH as he is on call!
    Enjoy everyone!

hi everyone,
    Sounds like we all had good chrissys and all of our bubs definitely got spoilt! I don't know where I am going to put all of Tahlia's toys!

Tahlia slept from 10.30 till 7.30 last night, and then went back to sleep from about 9am till 11.30! We are very lucky with her sleeping patterns overnight, but I have to try and teach her to self-settle, cause I have been rocking her to sleep. Day 1 of self-settling is happening today - I just put her down and she was protesting a bit, but not really crying, and now has gone quiet, so hopefully she is asleep. I'm too scared to check, cause if she sees me and she is awake, she'll start making noise again!

Vic Girls are we still on for the meet-up?
    Being a week-end do you think the kiosk will be packed? Might be hard trying to find a table to fit 3 or more prams etc..
    I noticed there are some BBQ's close by if we decide against the kiosk.

Maddi slept from 8pm slightly woke up at 12am for a feed then slept till 9:30am.
    She's finally starting to get back to her cheery self.

Mo - I'm still on for the meetup... kiosk might be busy on a Saturday - maybe we need an alternative plan

Kellie - Go Tahlia, what a marathon sleep! Hope she is still sleeping for you now.

Mo - We've been on a Saturday and it wasn't that busy, they also have outdoor seating at the kiosk which might suit our prams better? If we were to meet at 11:30am we would probably beat the lunchtime rush. Otherwise we could do the BBQ thing if you'd prefer, we're pretty easy.

Trish - she keeps waking up, so I go in then, cuddle her for abit, then put her down again... how long is it going to take to teach her to settle without me!!!!

i agree if we meet at 11.30 we'd beat the rush, and that will be easier than organising bbq stuff! It takes me about 1 hour just to get Tahlia and I ready to go out, let alone organising food as well!

lol ok just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be too busy.
    Trish any idea's on where to park? Not a fan of walking a long way if it's gonna be hot.
    Plus Maddi's not a huge pram fan at the moment.

Mo - I'll ask DH and get back to you, he seems to know all the good parking places.

Kellie - She will get there, just keep at it!

To everyone - I have added a few of you guys to Facebook, I finally got off my rear-end today and started getting into it! If you haven't received a request to be added as a friend can you give me your name so I can add you? Only if you want to of course!!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast