Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #13

Kate..sorry to hear you are having a crappy birthday....

I've been pretty bored today, so I made baby food! YEP....3 months early.... I am a freak!

Claire Guest

Rebecca - a change in poo colour can be an indication but allergy tends to show in hives around the face, ezcema flair ups & poo colour iykwim? Harry has changes in poo colour too and when I see it I think I've eaten something that doesn't quite agree with him. It can be indicative of lactose intolerance though if they are explosive and foamy aswell.

also on the poo subject, if they are bright green it means they are either ill, or they are not getting any hind milk. to fix the milk problem, express the first bit so they arent getting as much fore milk

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks ladies,

Happy Birthday Kate, sorry you are not feeling great though.

Well this afternoon Eliza bit Amara on the heel. WTF???? I went ballistic. I have been reading alot about showing the child "natural" consequences etc, well the natural consequence of biting your sister is my hand on your butt! She didn't seem to care to much, more peeved she was also sent to her room. Far out I am over it ATM......

My Mum says parenting was easier 30 years ago 'cos she just wacked us. I said it wasn't parenting it was just that we responded to it. Usually Eliza could not give a $hit about getting smacked - a bit worrying really.

I have to go to bed, so tired. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.....

Maddi has been really unsettled for a couple of days, so we went to the doctor's who told us to goto the hospital.
    Spent 5 hours at the hospital & poor Maddi has UTI
    So she's on antibiotics & needs to have a ultrasound on her kidneys to make sure they are ok, Dr said they are probably fine but it's recommend on baby's under 6 months who have UTI.

Get well soon Maddi!!!!

becky Guest

Oh Mo, Poor thing! That must be so worrying for you. I hope Maddi gets better really quickly!!

How did Liam go tonight Becky in his big bed??

Leah...opppps poor Amara....thats so what Chelsea does to Jasmines toes...onyl she never bites hard...but sucks them..hmm...foot fetish perhaps??

Hope ur feeling better soon Kate!

becky Guest

Kim - Really well again. He's ana angel at night (could have been becuase he didnt end up having his day sleep so was soooooooo tired!!) He goes straight to sleep. Daytime = different child!!! LOL.
    I cannot believe my baby will be 2 in 2 days!!! So sad! He is gonna get so spoilt......... LOL

Thanks Kim & Becky.
    I hate seeing her in so much, every time she pee's she screams

Kate hope you feel better soon as-well.

Becky at-least he sleeps in there at night, hopefully he'll starting sleeping in there during the day soon.
    Wow 2, before you know Chelsea will be 2.

I better get some sleep, had a very rough night & day.

LizzysMum Guest

Mo - hope she is feeling better really fast. If you are BF is there anythign you can drink/eat to make your milk healing?

She's already more happier, now she only cry's a little when she pee's.
    Unfortunately i can't b/f because of the meds I'm on

Mo i'm so sorry to hear all of that - good signs though that she seems to be getting better quickly. It must be awful when she screams when peeing, she'd be doing it a fair bit i'd imagine.

Well Hayley has suddenly decided that solid day sleeps really aren't her thing anymore and will now only sleep for about 30 mins, then i go and try and settle her with the dummy and a pat and i might get her to sleep for another 10-15 mins or so..... as a result I had one good night two nights ago when she slept for 5 hours then fed, then 4 hours sleep. Last night she went 4 hours, feed, then 3 hours but she took ages to settle so i didn't sleep much. Then she was up again at 5 am.... ggrrrrrr I had a theory that if she woke for a feed at 6am then we'd stay up and start the day, anytime before that i'd try to get her back to sleep. She seems to be telling me that she prefer that theory to be based around 5 am.

She also seems to be vomiting more frequently now after feeds - do you think this is why??

Kate, if Hayley is vomiting a lot, maybe she is in a bit of pain and that is why she's not sleeping as well? It could be burning her coming back up? Is it reflux?

Well...Max did his first nightmare sleep last night! I think it was god punishing me for gorging myself on rocky road yesterday . Really I think he had lower gas pains in his tum, coz at one point I rubbed his tummy and he fluffed! He also slept HEAPS yesterday so maybe he wasn't as tired. I'm going to try and make the day a little more 'awake' for him today. Got mothers group so there is a start.

Better go brush my teeth so I'm not a skanky mother!

P.S Mo...hope your little girl feels better very soon...poor thing

Poor Maddi- how do they get a UTI do you know?
    Becky- glad the night times are ok, you can work on the daytime ones but thats fantastic he is good overnight.

Tyron must have rolled from belly to back thismorning, i had him on his tum for some tummy time, went to the kitchen came back and he was on his back! Nixon was asleep so i know he must have done it himself.

Leah- was amara's heel ok? sometimes i wonder what posses these older kids, nixon attempted to bite Tyron's foot one day but luckily i was right there and saw what he was about to do.
    did you get her to maybe appologise to Amara after she had her time out? Not that i know if Nixon really grasps that yet but when he had done something to Tyron (scratched his face one day) i gave him time out for 1min (1min per their age in yrs) and then bring him over to Tyron and ask him to give his brother a kiss and say sorry. he doesnt really speak but trying to get him to understand this and i tell Tyron that his brother did not mean to hurt him.

Interesting about the poo colours i did not know it could indicate allergies or green poo = getting sick. would that count for toddlers also or only babies before they start solids?

There are a few ppl we havent seen in a while, hope all is well. Ursula, Viv, Belle, Sarah (KottenKandy) Amber, Peta, Rallybbek,. Thinking of you guys!

Thanks everyone

Nic the Dr told us it really common for girls to get them, boys usually won't get UTI's.
    She thinks it's from Maddi having a bit of gastro, the germs traveled up her urethra.
    Because girls have a shorter urethra than boys they tend to get UTI's often.
    Other way she could of got it is from her kidneys not flushing everything out properly.
    which is why we need the ultrasound.

ETA-Belle is doing good, just really busy with India

LizzysMum Guest

NIc - yes she always says sorry after. She knows it is wrong but can't seem to stop herself. I think she may also be having the testosterone burst all kids get at this age. She is much more agro and jumping about than she has ever been.

Amara's heel was OK, poor litle bubba she cried and cried. My Mum felt terrible 'cos it was when she was holding Amara. The green eyed Monster I think!

Ta,

hey guys,
    just a quick question, lachlan has had diahreoa(sp?) for a week now from his needles?? do you think its time to take him back to the docs? he is fairly well normal otherwise(has been a bit whingey) but not serious??

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast