Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

ninja - i dont really know why he would scream (even when on the boob did you say?) Indi sometimes starts crying and making a noise while feeding, but only for a few seconds and then stops. But I really dont know why he would scream while on the boob. Sorry cant help you

Julia i love my BumG as-well I'm buying more of them, they are so easy to use & i haven't had one leak yet.
    BP's are snap on AIO's, you can take out the booster & just use them as covers if you have fitted nappies. They have a minkee outer & are so soft can't wait to try them out.

What a good boy Max is with his needles.

rallybbek Guest

Hi everyone,
    Gloat time sorry, I am havinf a great week. Toby has slept every night throught this week, I have lost a couple of kilos, and hubby got me an hour long ride on a harley for valentines day!!! I am still on a high! Except, i hung on to the bike and the poor bloke that hard and with every muscle, I a bit sore - and the most embarrassing part is i am sore on those pionts on your bum that always hurt after a bicylce ride!!! It was great fun though.

Toby has only out on 320g in nearly 5 weeks, so the health nurse is a bit concerned. I havnt given him any farex oranthing yet, he is fully breastfed. Any ideas on how to feed him up a bit?

Have a lovely evening,
    Bec

OK So maybe I am an overprotective mum......just rang daycare for the 3rd time! Caitlyn is fine - sleeping away. When awake she is trying to shove her fist in her mouth. She is happy enough I think. Poor little darling - bet she plays up for me tomorrow. Oh well!
    Anyway - still another half an hour to go. I am seriously thinking about getting the implanon - am TERRIBLE at remembering to take my pill and we REALLY dont want number 2 just yet. Condoms kinda spoil the mood too as does AF. So will make an appointment to see the Dr to talk about it.
    Anyway - am off ot pretend to do some work - pray that someone gives me something to do!!!!
    Hey Bec - nice to hear from you - its been a while. COngrats on the sleeping through - you lucky thing!! Also on the weight loss! I wish I could say that I have lost some but .....no. Mind you I am not actively trying anymore. I am losing size just not weight if that makes any sense!! Nice that your DH got you a nice long bike ride too - lovely!
    Last edited by Rebecca77; February 15th, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

rallybbek Guest

Hi Rebecca,
    I have the implanon in and i am getting it out, I have trouble taking progesterone only contraception. It makes me a bit crazy, weight gain and bad skin. I would be careful having it put in, I do know quite a few girls that have had the same problem, as with the 3 monthly depoprovera (sp?).
    Bec

Mo - glad to hear Maddi likes her bumbo - they do look pretty cool!

Viv - hate to put the thought in your head, but its not your AF returning is it thats causing James to fuss? Someone told me that it changes the taste of the milk and some bubs don't like it

Bec - how often does Toby feed? Can you squeeze an extra feed into him?

I just made yummy Caramello Chocolate cookies - think I might go get another one while they are still warm and gooey! Yummmm.

Evening all

DH took the day off today which allowed me to sleep in until 11.30am!!! So I have well and truly caught up on my sleep. So I guess to be fair I will let him sleep in sometime on the weekend. Although I don't expect him to get up during the night at any time so maybe I don't owe him.

Rebecca - you didn't offend me with the duck description. I've just never heard it before.
    Kellie - we had some photos done at Gottcha. They turned out well but were expensive. They have all sorts of packages to get you to buy more photos but seem like you are getting a good deal. We'll probably go back when he's 12 months to get them done again.

We put L in his Bumbo today. He looks so cute in it. I think he likes it.

Happy 4 months to Ryan

kellied - i'm definitely in the firing line for AF some time in the next couple of days. i had a sort of pretend one last month but this month is looking a lot more normal... eep.

my sister has suggested that there is something wrong with james and not the boob because according to my nerdy feeding book, it only occurs on the left.

his whole head, neck and shoulders goes bright red, sweaty and he's quite disturbed. perhaps ear infection or sore shoulder from rolling?? will see what happens if i try football hold next time, otherwise it's bottle for him instead of Left boob.

re: implanon. wasn't kidding, that ***** is the devil.

Evening everyone!

Joel had a great time at kinder again. He was teary, but calmed straight down after I left and ended up having a ball. My mum picked him up afterwards while K slept. He went over 3 hours without sleep and when I fed him he crashed! I quickly whacked him in bed and finally had a break!! We went back to my mum's to pick up my car that we are selling and had dinner there and K slept for 2 hours and would have slept longer, but I woke him! The little b*gger, he hasn't slept more than an hour at home for ages!! I told mum that we are moving in with her lol!

I'm so tired and would love to go to bed, but have to do the good 'ol dreamfeed shortly.

Viv - Definitely could be AF returning that is changing your milk, but it also sounds like something could be out if he won't feed on one side. Do you have any paediactric chiros in your area? I swear by them! My friend's boy would scream on her left side and it turns out his neck was out. Definitely try the football hold and see if that helps. We have had lots of screaming on the boob this week, it is pretty stressful.

Saffi - Ohhhh, sleeping in....what's that again? How awesome your DH gave you the morning off, you have a great man there!!

Kellie - Woohoo on Tahlia's big sleep last night! I hope she does it again for you tonight!! Can you send some of those cookies to me please?!

Rallybbek - Good to see you in here again! I'm glad to hear everything is going so well for you

Rebecca - I hope Caitlyn behaves for you tomorrow! Have you got that Angelwrap yet?

Julia - How did Max go for the rest of the day after his needles? Thanks for the sleep position suggestions. Unfortunately K hates being on his tummy and won't sleep on his side anymore . He isn't being very co-operative for me!

Willow - How did L go for you with sleep today? Bummer you had to cancel your osteo appointment. Hopefully someone else cancels and you can get in sooner. How are you feeling right now? I hope you aren't feeling too stressed, you have so much going on you poor thing!

Mo - How cute that Maddi loves her Bumbo! You'll have to take a photo of her in it and show us!

Nic - I hope you start to feel better soon you poor thing

Sleep well tonight everyone!

Hi ladies,
    Just checking in quickly to see how everybody is going!

Tiera is just great! Still sleeping through and hasn't got out of bed before 10am for the past week! lol Growing nicely and stilling loving booby. She has the most gorgeous giggles and is really starting to wriggle herself around the floor. She has been rolling from belly to back since 5 weeks and now is just starting to try and roll from back to belly. She definately started the teething thing! She's been putting everything she gets her hands on for weeks now and the dribble is driving me crazy!!! lol She's just perfect, I never imagined having such a good baby. I really feel blessed.

As for me, I am still having a lot of trouble with my tear. I am going back to the OB/Gyn 6 Mar (they couldn't get me in any sooner) as the pain gets quite horrible on some days. Last 2 days have been good, so I am feeling a lot better. It sux, but I look at Tiera and its all worth it!

Take care everyone. Hope everyones bubs are happy and healthy. xxx

Morning all, sorry to keep posting! Just had to come in and say that K slept from 9:45pm until 5am, I fed him, put him straight back to bed and he is still asleep now at 7:45am!! He hasn't slept that long for WEEKS now and I am just soooo happy!!!

Tiff - Great to hear from you! I was only thinking of you yesterday so it was funny to see you had come in and posted lol! Tiera sounds like she is doing wonderfully

Trish i put some up on FB will add some to my gallery on here
    That's a great sleep from K, hope he's like that everynight, do you think the thickner is helping?

Rebecca- yes I found that too I poured warm formula in until it was very mooshy, it says in a note that it should be smooth but with the 2 spoonfuls it looked more like mashed potato before u put the milk into it. They gave him some at daycare he supposedly ate a spoonful in the morning and in the afternoon. The paed said to try some mushy pear or apple in a week or so with the farex for taste and see what he likes. He said avocado is great for babies but very fibrous so should be left till a bit later.

Thank you all for the 4 month old wishes and happy 4 months to all the weefolk out there! It's been so hectic here and I've been waiting for him to be 4 months for the past week or so that I entirely forgot about it! lol

Omg it's not even 9am and the neighbours are at it again! All you can hear is "you effing effing eff c- u- next-tuesday, effing eff!" they are commision housing folks we've called the police 3 times this week her bfs out of jail and they bash each other and he feels up her under age daughter which we've reported but he's still there!! I'm tempted to go tell them all where to go but won't because we'll come back to a burnt down house and 20 of their mates... so many ppl that could use that house and they give them to scum, all the windows are smashed, the backyard is a sea of dog poo we've reported to council 3 times! Anyway stopping here or we'll be late to meet the grandparents at Penrith.

Have a lovely weekend all!! Loves and hugs

Trish - glad to hear that Kieran had a great sleep for you... I bet it made you feel more human this morning!

Celtic - your neighbours sounds just lovely.... not!!!

Tahlia has started blowing raspberries, the 1st few times I thought it was an accident, but now she is doing it all the time! Hello Spit Bubbles!

YAY Trish! - Do you feel human again yet!? Max was good with the needles. He slept for 3 hours in the afternoon and was in bed by 7:30pm awake at 4....fed and back in bed till 7...ahhhhhh!

Thinking about trying a dream feed to try and get him through till 7am.....how do you do it....just pick them up while sleeping and shove them on???

Going to a friends baby shower today.....even though she's already had the baby (I think it was 6 weeks early....yaykes!). Really looking forward to it
    Last edited by YoYo; February 16th, 2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: forgot something!

Mo - How cute does Maddi look in her Bumbo!!! I think the thickener is working, I haven't used it for every feed, but he does seem to chuck less when he's had it.

Celtic - Man your neighbours sound like ferals! Have fun today with your grandparent's!

Kellie - I remember when Joel did raspberries, we used to have to leave a bib on him or he would soak through all his clothes lol!

Julia - Re: dreamfeed, yep, that's exactly what you do! I get Kieran up (still wrapped and asleep) and feed him with just the lamp on then put him straight back to bed. He goes back to sleep with no problems.

Kellie Maddison is a blowing raspberries pro now all she does is blow raspberries lol.

Trish that's good, hope it helps K sleep better for you.
    Also added some better bumbo pics to my gallery

Julia have fun at the baby shower.

Celtic i agree with Trish they sound feral.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; February 16th, 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Well everyone good morning! Or should I say afternoon!
    Have a great 2 days so far. Caitlyn slept for most of the night - down at 630 up at 1 then up again at 5! DH had the day off today (something VERY rare on a saturday!) so he got up and let me sleep in until 830! Yay!! then we were off to Mt Isa - but before we left - I unpacked my new fridge!! Much bigger than my old one and more energy efficient and cooler!! Very happy.
    Anyway I got a few things for little miss C while we are in the Isa. Got her some sort of seat toy that I wanted - not exactly what I wanted but close enough. So far she doesnt really like it but I forgot to buy batteries for it! Anyway - we are haaving a nice relaxing afternoon. Clean up day tomorrow.
    Trish Angelwrap arrives on either monday or tuesday. thank god!! Lot of problems getting stuff through at the moment with mackay flooded. Alot of roads out to here are closed at the moment so it mighttake a bit longer again. but thanks for asking! I am dying to see how it goes!
    Anyway - am off to have a sticky beak around BB for a little while then might have a nanna nap!
    MWAH

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast