Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

Hi All,

today was a pretty good day. went to swimming with Nix thismorning (dh went in with him) then off for a physio massage. I actually then made an appoint with a physio for next week cause my back is just crapola atm. Dh had the boys and went to his mums so i went to the shops and spent $350 on my very first suit! ok so i spent more than i wanted to but i LOVE IT!! and the girl was so nice she did a great job selling it and if it hadnt been for the service i prob wouldnt have even found it.......then i tried a few dresses on for a wedding i have coming up but wasnt confident in buying it without another opinion (besides the very honest shop assistant who told me i have great legs but need to hide the little belly i have!!)
    Then i went down the coast and did a tupp party for my gf. she was worried no one would show but they did it was fun and she got some great stuff for free....
    dh rang me while i was still there (wasnt rushing as they were my friends and was also a bit of a catch up) and he said when are u coming home the boys are driving me nuts!! well well you havent had to mind them at all in the last month, first day and they are doing his head in! needless to say i didnt rush home, the boys settled down and he was fine.....

Rebecca-
    we are having clean up day tomorrow too! the house and yard need desperate attention!that was nice dh gave you a sleep in!
    Julie- my first boy was 7weeks early but luckily i had my baby shower when i was only 27weeks!(only cause my sis was 6weeks ahead of me and had to fly down for it)
    another gf of mine had her boy at 32weeks and never re sceduled her baby shower, i wish she had of cause she kind of missed out on the fun event ykwim? i hope her bub is doing well and its kinda cool that she can have her shower and show off her baby!

Viv- b4 someone mentioned it i was going to suggest maybe af was on its way? I had those probs when af returned with Nixon but didnt realise thats what was going on until it actually came and a few days later his feeding went back to normal

becky Guest

Bek - I have the Implanon, and couldnt reccomend it more. I may just be one of the lucky ones but I have had no probs whtsoever. And its great for me cause Im shocking at remembering the pill too. At leat I dont even have to remember anything with Implanon.

Trish - So glad DS is enjoying kinder! That must be such a relief!Woot on Kierans fantastic sleep too!!
    MiniMax - What a gorgeous ticker pic!!

Nic - Your ticker pic ic so cute too! The 2 boys together. Awwww....

Grrrr - Looks like its my turn to be sick now. Was feeling sooo yucky this morn so Mum (bless her!) came and got the kids for the day. I went back to bed at 11, and slept until 4:30!!! Woke up feeling a bit better so it must have been more sleep that I needed. Anyway still feel yuck but better than I did this morning. And today was the first whole day I have spent away from Chels!!

LizzysMum Guest

HI All,

Mo - the Itti Bitti Delish nappies are great, I was a tester for them and we now have about 4, love them. The designer/owner of Itti Bitti is a great friend of mine too, she is really lovely.

Viv - A has been fussing on the boob too, geez hope I am not getting AF back noooooooooooooooo!!!! How is J going - any better?

Bec - I would not worry about the weight gain - he is gaining, just not as much. Starting solids too early can have effects on their guts later in life. A close friend started her 1st boy on solids early and he has constant problems with constipation. With her 2nd and 3rd boys she waited and they are fine, she swears it was early solids. Each baby is different but the World Healh Org and ABA recommendation is 6 months before starting solids, and then take it easy as it is really just experimentation. Milk is the primary food for the first year.

Julia - I have tried the Dreamfeed and it just made her wake up and not resettle and then she still woke at 1am anyway , so much for my great idea LOL. But some other Mum's I know have babies who will tolerate a Dreamfeed, you never know, you maybe lucky.

4 months must be some kind of developmental stage because it seems alot of our babies have gone from sleeping long stints in the night to waking again.......I am a bit over the 1am, 4am thing at the moment. But she is soooooo cute "sighs" what can you do? LOL!

Night all,

Hi girls, can i ask what your babies sleeping patterns are? Indi isnt aleeping much during the day and im thinking its because she sleeps too much in the 'early morning'.
    She sleeps from 8:30-9pm till 4:30am has a feed then goes back to sleep until around 8:30am. Im thinking because shes having such a big night sleep, shes staying wake longer during the day, im just not sure. Should I wake her up before 8:30am (say 6 maybe) and keep her awake so she'll sleep more in the day?

Jas if she sleeps too much during the day, she might not sleep as good fo you a night time.

Maddi wakes at 6-7am & has two 30-40min naps & one 2-3hr sleep. Then she'll go down around 7:30-8:30pm
    Last edited by Khaleesi; February 17th, 2008 at 07:28 AM.

Hi everyone!

It is so quiet in here today! We are travelling pretty well the last couple of days and K did another good night for me last night. I think we are getting somewhere! I'm staying close to home atm to get him into a good day sleeping pattern again. I popped into Big W today to look at their Bonds stuff, but there was NOTHING left. Oh, hang on, if I had a girl I would have no problems finding something lol! Why is there never any good boys stuff, but rows and rows of girls clothes??? Sorry, just frustrated!

Jas - We start our day at around 7 - 7:30am. It may be worth a try getting her up earlier, but it is completely up to you!

Leah - I hear you on the night waking! It is definitely just as well our babies are cute, otherwise...LOL!

Becky - I hope you are feeling better today. Have you got a cold? How awesome is your mum taking both kids?!

Nic - Your retail therapy yesterday sounds wonderful! I'd love to go shopping for me one of these days! You feel so much better about yourself with new clothes.

Rebecca - Man you have problems living out there! What a pain you have to wait for your package because of the floods! How's the new fridge going? We bought a new vaccuum yesterday, it's so sad, but I found it exciting LOL!

Mo - How are you feeling today? I remember the other day you weren't feeling well and I meant to ask if you are feeling any better.

Viv - How are you going with James' feeds? Is he still fussing?

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone

Very busy day yesterday. Had the baby shower. Her bub was born at 32 weeks so was still in hospital and I think my friend is stuggling a bit. Must be so hard. She has to still express and she isn't get much out, and I think it's taking it's toll a bit. I felt for her. She got LOADS of snazzy presents. Including a bum chair thingy (god can't remember the name of it!!). I put Max in it while we were there and he LOVED it.....Might have to go to Big W and get one. Mo I know you got one, do you think it's worth it? What age can they stay in them for?

When I got home we had to go straight out again for dinner. Maxxy was a very tired boy. But was very good all day. When we got home I bathed & Fed him (at around 10 when I intend on trying the dream feed bizzo) got him down by about 10:30ish and he slept till 5:40....I re-settled him and I got another hour! YAY...going to try dreamfeeding tonight and see if he can get through. He is chunky enough to not need a feed during the night I would think!

Trish I hear ya...they never have rows and rows of boys clothes like they do girls. It sux! Must admit I got there in time to get some Bonds stuff. I love it, it's probably a fave brand of mine. I'm going to try and get some more tomorrow and even send some over to my cousin in England who has an Octobub too!

Jas I would just keep doing what you are doing. Sounds good to me ATM Max's day sleeps are pretty much the same as Maddi's 2 x 30 - 40 min sleeps and 1 big 3 hour one...plus some re-settling in between!

Anyway, must go...Master Max is calling

Have a good day everyone
    Last edited by YoYo; February 17th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.

I popped into Big W today to look at their Bonds stuff, but there was NOTHING left.
    Same here Trish - I went down yesterday, I managed to get him some of the stretchy tops and pants, just got him one set though. I really wanted an easy suit but they were completely sold out. Target had them (at full price though) and I was going to just use one of his gift vouchers to get him one but they didn't have any left in his size. RAH! So frustrating.

Viv - we are having a few issues with L feeding today too. He's just not very interested, he'd rather look around and if I push it too much he starts crying

Anyway, BBL, gotta go clean up and then as soon as L wakes we have to go and do the groceries.

Julia-I think the seat is worth it Maddi loves her one & the box says 3-14 months.
    Guess the only thing is it has no toys to amuse her etc...So i use the toy i brought from Trish & sit her in front of that.

Trish I'm starting to feel better Thanks Glad K is starting to sleep better for you.

Took Maddi for her first dip in her grandparents pool yesterday & she loved it.
    The water was coldish but she still loved it, every time i took her out she cried to go back in lol.
    When i finally got her out she crashed on the blanket outside on her back with no dummy.(She never sleeps on her back or without a dummy)

Has anyone heard from Kim yet? I've sent her a message on MSN & on FB but never got a reply.

hello all

i'm told it is about standard for the 4mo to start trying to look around the room with nipple still in mouth. goodie. i think there is something awry with james' ear or shoulder because he only goes funny while lying on my left boob. we have no probs with football hold on that side, and he can feed slung on the right.

i have been getting cramps, so i think ol' AF is very, very close. meh.

jas - james sleeping pattern has been up the wazoo lately. normally he would go like this:

5.30-6.30am wide awake
    Plays for anywhere up to 2 hours then naps for anywhere between 45 minutes and 2 hours depending on his mood.
    If he trucks on through without his afternoon sleep, he goes to big bed at 6.30pm instead of 7.30.
    7.30 big bed
    3.00am feed
    5-6am (depending) wakes up for playtime whether i want him to or not.

Last few night though he has been waking every 3 hours except for the first stretch which is about 6 or 7 hours.

I bought a Bumbo today. Guess who is the King of the Castle in that!

In other news, he has discovered the high-pitched, very loud squeal. woo. I decided that after these frequent feedings overnight, he better be learning how to drive a car or something...

Needles tomorrow. *boo*

I think I"m going to brush the rotavirus one as well, since he had 10 days of diarrhea last time. fek that for a joke.

Hey all

We've got one of those Bumbos too and L loves it. Its nice just to put him in something thats easy to get him out of. I have also noticed it helps with wind.

Jas - L's routine is something like 5am - awake and feed, sometimes I put him straight back to bed and other times will wait for tired signs. During the day he is usually up for 90 mins. 7/8am - put back to sleep, 10.30 - feed and play, 1.30 - feed and play, 4pm - feed, play, bath, 6pmish - put down to sleep, 10pmish - final feed, and then up during the night.

Last night I dream-fed him at 9.30ish and then he was awake at 2am, then 4am and then 5.30ish. I was so tired after that. He is still really snuffly, think he has a bit of a cold. He has given it to me too.

Didn't get any clothes at the Big W sale. Just didn't see anything I like.

Viv - good luck with the needles tomorrow.

Question - has anyone else noticed that they have a lot more hair fall out after being pregnant? Hope it don't go bald!!!

Nothing much else happening. Hope everyone is well.

What's going on? The little reply box at the bottom of the screen is gone!

I decided that after these frequent feedings overnight, he better be learning how to drive a car or something...
    LOL Viv, your comments always crack me up! K is a very distracted feeder now too. If the TV is on he will crane his neck to watch it. GL with the needles tomorrow.

Saffi - Yep, I'm loosing mountains of hair. I did last time with Joel too. It does ease up eventually. My poor sink gets clogged in the meantime! Glad L loves his Bumbo!!

Mo - Glad you are feeling a bit better. How cute Maddi going for a swim! I haven't tried Kieran in a pool yet.

Willow - I don't think those easy suits are so easy by the sounds of it! I think the larger sizes sell out because Bonds make everything so small.

Julia - GL with the dreamfeed tonight!

Trish - Kelly has posted about the quick reply thingo being taken off. It's in the Messages forum.

I was going to get L a size 0 in the easy suit cause I've heard they aren't that easy myself!! LOL. Too cute though, gotta get one.

L generally sleeps like this:

5am(ish) - wake, feed, put back down for a sleep
    8am(ish) - wake, feed, play
    9.30am - sleep
    11am(ish - depends how long he sleeps, usually 1.5 hours at this time) wake, feed, play
    12.30pm - sleep
    2pm (ish - sometimes he sleeps for 2 hours so it would be 2.30pm) - wake, feed, play
    3.30pm - sleep
    5pm - wake, feed, play, bath, massage
    6.30pm - bed for the night.

These times are 'ish' because it really depends on how well/long he sleeps during the day, but that's the general pattern.

Then he will generally wake at 10pm, 1.30pm and then at about 4-5am for feeds. And so the cycle begins again!!

Thanks Willow, I've been lazy and haven't been looking around BB much today, just coming in here occasionally!

ETA - Mo - I heard from Kim yesterday. She and the girls are going really well, she just hasn't been on BB much lately. She said to day "hi" to everyone!

becky Guest

Chels goes to bed 8 - 8.30 pm
    Wakes about 6 - 7 am.
    Feeds, back to sleep until about 9am.
    Up, has a nap in the morning, big sleep afternoon, nap early evening.

I have a good sleeper on my hands! LOL
    'Will be back later! Promise!

Hmm yes the little box for replies is gone, no scrolling up to see who said what!

Back from Sydney Ryan had so much fun and got DP away from a computer he spent most of the weekend playing with Ryan which of course Ryry LOVED. Saw the great grandparents and his grandparents, even got up early and watched the soccor with his pop while I had a nice looonnnggg shower lol

Haven't heard the neighbours yet, our road is in an L shape they are on the corner behind our neighbour but share most of the side fence with us. I'm calling some fence people after I finish work to come get a quote for putting up a massive gate and some lattice or something on top of the current fence so they can't climb it to my disgust the other morning the lady locked out her drunk bf out so he went up the side of our house and jumped the back fence/our side fence. It has been dead silent there for ages but he's only been out of jail a week or so we thought the house was abandoned...

Dead tired here Ryans just fallen asleep in his rocker he just blew bubbles and sang there and back such a good bubby, even endured a trip to toys r us with nana (i.e. didnt get out for nearly 2 hours >.<) and only whinged for a few minutes till I picked him up for a cuddle and he did a big belch.

For those who EBM or FF how much are your bubbies drinking now? It says at 4 months they should increase to 5 x 240ml bottles but only Ryan's last feed at night has needed an increase. He's still gaining weight and still has soggy nappies, just leave it for now and keep trying the one meal of farex until he seems unsatisfied?

Celtic-Maddi is on sweet dreams formula & she has 4x 210mls bottles.
    Some times she'll only have 180mls.

I really miss the quick reply lol.

Hi everyone, Hope you have all had a great weekend.

I have a question for all of you who are formula feeding your bubs. What is your feeding routine? I have been waking Ethan at 6 am and feeding him on a strict 4 hourly routine. Only I am getting really tired of waking up to an alarm and waking Ethan up. Should I be doing this or can I be a bit more relaxed and feed him when he wakes up? Things are so rigid at our house and I just want to relax a bit. Any advice would be great thanks.

Other than this we have had a very busy weekend. Went away for the weekend to a wedding and Ethan didn't drink a lot or sleep much because we were somewhere different. I am planning on having a very relaxed week as we are all tired.

Have a great night everyone.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast