Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

Thanks Kellie, Trish and Becky - we are off to Inverloch in VIC for one week and then skiing in Euchuca (not sure if that is how you spell it?) for one week. Should be fun - really looking forward to it! We leave Thurs morning.

Viv - poor little James! Needles are rough. Let us know how he goes on the farex -it does sound like he's hungry! I have a feeling that once you stop BF you will start to feel normal again - it's been a bit of a mission for you the whole way along and now that he's feeding so much it will be using every ounce of your energy and mucking around with your hormones too - go gentle on yourself!

Willow - What a terrible time you are having - I really hope it gets better soon. Is your L a Lachlan as well?

Aaaaghhh - I had heaps more to say but now that I can't quiick reply I can't scroll up and I forget who said what!! Sorry!

Oh Nerida - wanted to say that is awesome about Lachie!! He is catching up to Mateo now!

Question:Does anyone have babies with really bad eczema? Mateo has it all over him atm - we are using mitts to stop scratching, giving eucalyptus baths, have steroid cream and QV cream - is there anything else we can do?

Hey all, L has been better this afternoon, had 3 proper feeds, no more refusing the breast so hopefully he was just a little off for some reason and it's already passing. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it is the worst feeling. Had it with DD too at one stage.

He has slept most of the day though! Not like him at all. Went to bed with another feed and no fuss. I just had to resettle him but he's sound asleep again. I just hope he feeds well overnight...

Star - my L is for Logan! My cousin and my nieces all have shocking eczma. My cousin used to bath in oatmeal?! Not sure if that would help?

Star Was at HCN clinic today and one of the girls in mothers group kids has eczma....she said that you should slather cream on them while they are still damp, or still in the bathroom where it is warm. Don't dry them too much coz what you want to do is to trap the moisture IN their skin. She said to use nothing in the bath water (although QV should be OK) and if you use sorbolene cream, don't use one from a pump action bottle coz they put something in that cream that thins it (to enable it to be pump action) and that can react with their skin.

Hi everyone else...sorry haven't gone back on the pages..! HOpe everyone is going well.

Max slept through the night again last night...hope it happens again...and Trish I didn't do a dream feed.... CONFUSED!!

Saffi - Woohoo to Lachlan!!! He is absolutely stacking it on now! Well done to you, you have done a sensational job!!! Ooh Port Douglas, that is my most favourite destination in Australia! We have holidayed there twice now, it is just so beautiful. I'm so jealous!!

Star - Have a great time in Inverloch! That's where DH & I got married . DH's aunty lives there so we stay there quite often. Have fun in Echuca too!

Willow - Hooray for L!!! I'm so glad to hear he is feeding properly again. And those sleeps...! I reckon he may have turned a corner

Becky - LOL at joining the Bumbo brigade! I'm starting to feel left out now!!

Well K did marathon sleeps today, I don't know what's going on, but I like it! He did a 2.5 hour nap a 2 hour nap (I woke him from that one) and a 1.5 hour nap!! He can do that everyday, I won't complain

Have a great evening everyone!

ETA - Julia - Wow, I wouldn't complain about that if I were you LOL!

Hi all,

willow- a gain is still a gain? I know you might not feel so good cause he has been gaining a good amount each week but at some stage it has to start slowing down? I always think well if they are not loosing it any gain is a god gain!

Viv- i hope J is going ok after his needles, im taking Ty in the morning to get his.......

well ive had a HUGE day. twice a yr tupperware have this big state convention. is started in the city at 8.45am, so i had my girls meet at my place at 7am thismorning and didnt get home till 6.15pm tonight. my poor mum was super exhausted she went to work with my dad (5.30am) came to mine looked after the boys, then took them to my sisters and minded her two aswell till we all got home. Think i should give her something for her mamoth efforts.

Me, Ty & Nix all awoke with mozzie bites thismorning, still havent been able to find the buggers, got a couple of mozzie things u plug into the powerpoint so hope that helps.

all you bumbo heads lol! i would have liked one bt like Trish said i did without one for Nixon so think i can do away with one for Tyron. Just had to put the car seat i bought on special for dh car into my car cause Ty is too heavy for the capsule... so now i wanna get atleast another 1 car seat for dh car.. big w have some i might try and get there tomorrow....

ok im pooped time for bed. g night

becky Guest

Nic - Yeah i didnt have one with Liam. Mainly beacuse I dont even think I had heard of them! Chels seems to like it though.

Terri & Nerida - I hope you have fantastic timew when you go away. Hmmm..... what I wouldnt give for a holiday. LOL.

Yeah it was Chelsea's first day in a big car seat yesterday. She has outgrown the capsule now! Its so sad. I remember feeling sad about it when Liam moved up too.

Well, day number 2 at CC tomroow! Im feeling sad again. LOL. But then I look at the photos we have that they took for us while he was there, and I feel better. I have PROOF he had a good time! LOL.

Have a great night to all!

Morning everyone!

I tried to come in here earlier and the site was down, oh no! I managed to survive lol!!

Now, for those who don't want to read about my good night, please don't read any further...!

Last night I gave K his dreamfeed at 9:45pm, he was back to bed at 10pm, woke at 2am, I resettled him in his cot (just popped his dummy in) and he slept until 6:45am!! That's nearly 9 hours of sleep and a first for us!!! I couldn't believe it when I looked at the time this morning!! After the week we had last week, I never thought this would happen so soon. I have my fingers and toes crossed that he does it again tonight! Anyway, I just had to tell someone, I am so happy

Becky - GL today taking Liam to CC again, I'm sure he will love it!

Nic - Your day yesterday sounds EXHAUSTING! I hope you get a bit of a rest today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning all

Can I gloat too? Had a pretty good night ourselves. L slept from 10pm to 5am, with a brief dummy cry at 2am. He went back to sleep on the boob at his 5am feed and slept thru to 7am. We had a massive day yesterday and L slept very little. We went out for dinner and L screamed the whole time. DH and I took turns in walking the streets in the pram to calm him down (nice meal together not). I also put him into a long sleeve long legged jumpsuit overnight but not covered in anything else. So I don't know if it was the big day/tantrum, the jumpsuit or a new routine that caused this. At home today so he can catch up on his sleeps. Going to try the jumpsuit again.

Q for Brissy girls - what have you been dressing your bubs in at night lately? It has been cooler here and I am thinking that maybe I have been underdressing him.

Terri - have a great holiday. I can see Teo will become an avid water skier in no time.
    Becky - I am sure today will be fine. Like how the CC takes photos.
    Trish - woohoo for K. Its amazing how good you feel after a decent night's sleep.
    Willow - way to go Logan. I hope you had a good night.
    Nickers - every day is a big day for us Mums, but it is strange to have a "normal"/ different busy day.

Thinking we might look at putting L into his cot. He is starting to hit his head on the top of the bassinette now. It was so bad yesterday it left a mark on him for quite a while. Has anyone else made the shift yet?

Anyway, got to do some housework today, so best start while L is asleep.

BBL

Trish and Saffi - glad to hear some of us had good nights!

Tahlia, (who normall goes down at around 10), didn't go down till midnight after I took her for a drive, then woke again at 3.00am and again at 7am. SHe normally sleeps right thru till 8am! Don't know what happend there, but I hope it doesn't happen again tonight

Saffi - now that you mention it, maybe the bassinette is what is waking Tahlia up, cause when she stretches her legs and arms she hits the top abnd bottom. I'm just being too much of a sook and dont what to move her to her own room yet, but maybe I'll have to! She has her day sleeps in her own room, so hopefully it won't be too much of a big deal for her.

Becky - hope the 2nd day at cc goes just as well!

Becky- Hope second day at day care goes ok!!!
    Kellie- I know how you feel. C normally goes down at 630 until 1 and then until 5-530. Last night she was down at 630 up at 830,put dummy in & back to sleep, up at 930, put dummy in & back to sleep, up at 1130, feed time, up at 3 unwrapped feed time again, up at 530 unwrapped - into bed with mum and dad slept til 625 then I decided enough was enough and we got up. Then she had some farex, a grizzle and I took her off to daycare! Suffice to say - I am a little tired today!!
    I didnt try the wrap out last night - had to give it a wash before I used it and it didnt dry in time. I am really suffering for these looooong nights tho.
    Oh and yesterday when I picked her up from daycare they tell me that she had 3 runny poos during the day (3??? she normally only has 1 a day - that makes it 4 for yesterday) and that I may have to keep her home! I spoke to the director who said to just keep an eye on it tonight (last night) and if she did another poo - keep her home. Well - no poos last night or this morning so things are looking ok so far. I just rang the centre and they said that she was fine. However - I did notice last night this nice white thing at her gum!!!! No teeth!!! Please not yet!!! Am not getting enough sleep right now!!! I think I may need to increase my caffeine intake!!
    Saffi & Kellie- I have never had C in a bassinette - she has always been in her cot since 5 weeks of age (was in a portacot at my parents house for the first 4 weeks) so unfortunately I can't help! Good luck tho!!
    Anyway - am off to pretend to do some work! I really really want to quit!!!! Am bored sitting here all day surfing the net!
    Mwah

To everyone, i hope everything improves for you soon. Feeding and sleeping issues are not a problem this way so i cant say i know how you are all feeling...nor do i want to add salt to the wound in bragging about it. Of course the only issue is Chelsea cos she is sick so up and down all night.

On to us. Chelsea is the sickest little girl ive ever seen. She has 40-41 degree temp, wont eat, wont drink, cries all the time, her nose is running, breathing hard, just clings to me, but dr says its just a cold and she will be ok, just keep fluids up...yeh and how do i do that when she says no and refuses....but anyhow im trying.

Jasmine is coming down with it too. But such a happy baby she amazes me so much.

We also have a Bumbo that the girls both use.

Im home alone 2 sick kids. Im sick myself. Craig cant stay home cos has $hit hitting the fan at work, he also has a broken foot. I feel my world is crashing down just when i was on top of things again.

My enhanced team returned last week, very happy with my progress. So thats a step forward i spose

My IL's fly down tomorrow. Craig and i are off lunchtime Friday to Lakes Entrance for the weekend without the girls. Im silently $hitting myself about leaving them for 2 whole nights, but i know i need the time away from them.

Anyway i best be off.. just wanted to have a quick update. I usually dont come online much, but seeing though i feel a bit lost right now im back for a little while.

Kim:hugs: Keep your chin up. Sounds like you need a little "me time". I hope you and the rest of your family start to feel better soon. MWAH MWAH

becky Guest

Kim - Im so sorry for ya! I hope you enjoy every last minute of your weekend away, It might just be the refresher you need!

Nerida - Im a bit spoilt. The CC does take photos, but you dont usually get given them. I only got given them cause my sister works there. (Yay for having contacts!)

Rebecca - I hope DD isnt getting sick for you! Although, look at the positives, might get you some time off work!

Thanks to everyone who wished us a good second day at CC. I dropped him off and he was fine! Dunno what I was worrying about - again. My sis just sent me a photo to my phone and he's happily eating his lunch at present. Still miss him though.

Glad for all of you who had good night sleeps! Way to go Trish and Saffi! Hope it keeps up! Me on the other hand (I know I cannot complain cause I know what some of you ladies go through), but I had a crap night! I am so sick of the fact that DD has to be wrapped to sleep! Grrrrr. She woke up at 3am, 5am and then for a bottle at 7am last night, all because she had kicked out of being wrapped, and was therefore then wide awake. Wasnt too bad to settle, took me about 20 minutes, but still! Why oh why can she not sleep unwrapped????? I think it might be something to do with thte fact that her hands are free so she knocks the dummy out? I dont know. Anyway, hope it is a once of!

Well have good days everyone, will be back a little later. Without 2 babies to run around after, I dont know what to do with myself!

becky Guest

Oh yeah - Chels's 4 months today!! YAY!

Happy 4 months Chelsea!!! That's great the Liam is still loving CC Becky! I hear you on the bad nights, most of mine are pretty ordinary. Last night was definitely a one off! Wraps are so annoying once they start being able to get out of them.

Kim - Great to see you back in here. I hope Chelsea starts to feel better soon. Joel still remembers her name and says "We saw Kelsea at the watertank gardens" lol, it's so cute!

Rebecca - Sorry you had such a dodgy night. I sympathise! I hope C isn't teething yet!!

Kellie - I hope you have a better night tonight with Tahlia!

Saffi - Yay for a great night! I put K in his cot in his room from day one.

If it makes anyone feel better, K hasn't had very good day naps so far today! He has had a one hour one and a 40 minute one. I'm hoping his next nap will be a big one, it usually is. He was grizzly for his last wake time, but that may have had something to do with the fact that Joel placed a big teddy bear over his face while I was on the phone! The poor boy couldn't see or probably breathe. Grrr...!

Happy 4 months Chelsea

Kim - sorry to hear Chelsea is so sick. Poor little munchkin. Enjoy your weekend away. I am sure you will be ringing your IL heaps to check up, but remember to have me time too. Glad to hear things are going well with you.
    Rebecca and Kellie - sorry to hear about the carp night. Its hard to know what is going on when they can't tell us. Hopefully it is just a one off. Rebecca - Hope the wrap works for you tonight.
    Becky - I am sure she is waking because the dummy comes out. I know that happens with L also. You might have to have a few carp sleeps to get her used to the fact or just put up with it. How did you manage it with Liam? I am trying out how L sleeps unwrapped. He does it from time to time and when he is in his pram so I know he can do it. Me thinks, once he is used to that, going to move him to the cot.

Hey everyone, just a quick one from me, gotta head out soon.

Very happy to say that L has been feeding well again. I hope whatever it was that was bothering him is passing.

He had a pretty good night. Down at about 7pm, woke at 9pm so I fed him - would normally have resettled at this time but he had some feeds to catch up on. Woke at 12pm, straight back to sleep till just before 5am (that's pretty much a record for us!!) then slept till 7.15am.

AND he did another 2.5 hour sleep this morning - NO RESETTLING.

Trish - I have no idea what's going on with this but I'm loving it!! LOL. I'm not holding my breath for it to last though. Just enjoying it when it happens! Makes such a huge difference to the day.

Willow - That's AWESOME, go L!!!!! That's right, just enjoy it and go with it LOL! That has made my day that he is feeding and sleeping so well I'm sure things will look up from now on in.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast