Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #18

Default Babies Born October 2007 #18

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie
    ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your old thread can be found here

Evening everyone!

I just bath Kieran in our big bath with about an inch of water in it. I lay him straight in the bath and the water only comes up to just below his ears. He LOVES it coz he can kick around heaps. I did have him in one of those bath seats that they lay back in, but I'm pretty sure that his shoulder got hurt from me trying to get him out of it. He is so fat and slippery in there!!

I keep forgetting to say to the Melbourne girls - we are still coming on Sunday! I'm sure you all assumed we were coming, but I just kept forgetting to say it. Mo, I haven't forgotten about bringing your stuff

Have a great night everyone

Thanks Trish is it 11:30?

Yep, 11:30 if that still suits everyone else!

harking back to the old thread...i got my BFP on Feb 5. kinda knew i was knocked up because i didn't get any PMS and was wearing lingerie taunting husband around day 26 when i should have been throwing plates or something. suss as.

so, yanno how they say those clingy growth spurt phases mean the baby is about to cross another development threshold? *chimes... yeeeees*

well, 'they' are right. james is doing ye olde roll onto tummy from back in the cot. as soon as i put him down he whips to his side, then (if he has the energy/interest) pushes over to his tummy then cries for me to come and save him... orrr....

he pulls himself up onto his haunches and fuggin CRAWLS!!!! (in a busted inching along way). he crawled out of his wrap and up to the end of his drool mat. jeebus.

so.... i forgive his growth spurt and all. crazy boy wants to do everything too soon. he just goes nuts when i let him fake stand on my lap.

i think nickers was asking about his stats.. had him measured today 65cm and 7.6kg. she (CHN) was saying that the big birth babies just slowly and consistently add the weight (generally) and the smaller babies guts up big time to catch up (since i wondered why he wasn't still gigantor among his peers).

CHN also reckons because he's long and on the boob, he may keep up with his night feeds until we get him on solids (which may or may not be early depending on how piggy he is).

is anyone else sick of "the drought hasn't broken" despite the fact the whole state is virtually underwater? *grumble*

Viv yeah twas me. Wow so Tyron has been catching up to J alright they are the same length & weight!

sometimes Tyron has a shower with me i just uploaded this pic that i love!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...68/ppuser/1487

took the 3 of us to the docs this arvo i senced something was not right. Nixon has tonsilitis again and Tyron & I have read throats.... given amoxil for both the boys (Mainly for Nixon but allowed me to give to Ty to try and kill off anything before his christening this sunday) me well i feel like total crap but just got some cold & flu tablets. maybe my bod is telling me enough is enough i need to slow down, i feel pretty run down atm and my back is screwed. Finding the time to get it looked at is another hurdle...
    DH returned tonight and almost fell asleep talking to me! went to bed at 7pm and told me he needs to go back to bris Tue wed.... hopefully thats the end of it after that. Oh and he's been doing the "Iron Maiden" tour and these guys have their own charter aeroplane! he showed me the pics its unreal... will upload some in the coming days
    anyway off to bed.

becky Guest

Nickers - Whats your hubby do again? My husband is going to the Iron Miden concert Tuesday. He LOVES them!

Not much has been happening here. No more repeats on the other night thank god! We've been busy arranging Chelsea's christening. Ordered her dress Monday. It is sooooo cute! Cant wait to get it!!

Oh god..kind of hate to say this....but need to say I HAD THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

Won't elaborate

Night all

Hey all

Brissy girls - lovely catching up again. Sorry I had to rush off. L stayed asleep until about 2.30pm.

I got a very faint line on 9/2 and didn't believe I was pg. So tested on 11/2 and again got a very faint line. DH said I couldn't be pg cause like the Ovulation tests a faint line is a negative. Well went on to BB and found that in pg tests any second line is a positive. And so it was. For Valentines Day last year DH bought the What to Expect When You're Expecting book.

Bath - L has a bath most nights. We still use a baby bath with a bath aide. We don't have an adult size bath so when he gets too big it will have to be a shower. He loves the bath and we give him some float time where he splashes about. Maybe we have the next Thorpie!!

L is now 5.64kg. He put on almost 300gr in one week. Slowly catching up to all his mates.

More tomorrow

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Nic - sorry you guys are not well hope things improve

Viv - James is a star! Amara still lies on her back, has not even thought of rolling! Heaps of kicking and she grabs stuff now and in the gob it goes. She is 6.4kg and 62cm.

Trish - we do the inch of water in the bath thing too, Amara also loves it and goes wild kicking LOL!
    I never got a bathseat with Eliza and don't think I'll bother this time either.

Had a bit of a festy day. Always seems to be when Eliza is at preschool and I need to get stuff done. Amara conspires to stop me doing anything. But she is my beautiful smiling babe. Huge big open mouth grins all the time, she is adorable. She laughs when I tickle her now.

4 month vax next week double I hate them.......

Night all,

11.30 is fine with me.... we have to remember to take a photo this time!

Viv - how cute with James crawling around his cot!

Nickers - thats a gorgeous photo of the 2 of you in the shower... Tahlia hasn't even been in the shower yet, will have to try it out over the weekend when DH is hear to help me.

MiniMax - I'm very curious as to what happened to you to have made the best day ever - sounds pretty exciting!

Weighed Tahlia yesterday at mothers group - the chubba bubba is now 6.9 kgs! Where is my baby going!

Kellie - Yesterday was a good day because.....

Max woke up at 7:30am...fed him at 7:50. We played for a while then he had a 1 hour sleep. I had to go to the dentist at 11 so he woke at about 10 and I fed him at 10:20....perfect timing so I could drive to the city drop him off with DH get my teeth done...yadda...

They called me and changed the appt time to 11:30....was a bit bummed coz it was going to throw me out and instead of having a quiet baby in the car....would potentially have a screaming one....BUT that didn't happen!

Went to the dentist and got my fillings (which didn't hurt!) and DH came and picked me up. Max was REALLY good while in his office, didn't cry....but didn't sleep so I thought "Here we go - nightmare afternoon". DH and I decided to have some lunch in the city.....Max was good there. He sat on my lap while I shovelled rice into my mouth with chopsticks...not easy!

Thought he would have been getting hungry again (by this time it was about 1:30) but he stayed quiet in the car on the way back home. Got home, fed him....and put him to bed....he slept for 3 hours!!!!!

It was just such a good day...I know it probably doesn't sound that exciting, but I really was happy coz I got to spend some time with DH AND I got to have some ME time at home in the afternoon with my other love...my big furry baby Charlie!

So after his 3 hour nap he got up....fed, played for a while, then bath, then a story, then asleep! He woke at 3am for a feed then straight back to bed till this morning....7:30am again

He is happy too I think because the rain came yesterday and cooled everything down....it was pretty awful here before that! He is also pooing regularly again!!

Anyhoo...that is my story....who knows what today will bring....going to stay positive!

Hope everyone has a good day

Julia - LOVE days like that!! Just gives you the mental break you need and to help you see that not every day is hard work and before too long there'll be far more easy days than hard ones - promise!

Question of the day - how many bubs are still doing day sleeps of 2-3 hours? How many are doing closer to 1.5-2 hours?

Not talking the one off wonders like Julia had yesterday but on daily/regular basis.

Sleep school told me I should be aiming for 2-3 hours in bed every sleep - I can tell you right now there is NO WAY this boy will sleep for 3 hours. No way.

Williw - there is no way that Tahlia would sleep for 3 hours during the day... I usually get between 1.5 and 2 hours.... her morning nap is usually the longest, at about 2 hours, then they get progressively shorter as the day goes on. If she slept for 3 hours during the day she wouldn't get all her feeds in, and then probably wouldn't sleep overnight!

Sleep school called me yesterday about booking in, but I missed the call! They said they should ring back today, so hopefully I'll be able to get in soon

Maddi usually sleeps 2hr's every nap

the sleep school just called again... I can't get in till the 14th March!

Tyron has started falling into a new pattern of 30-40min cat naps in the day, then he will be awake for 30min then fall back to sleep again.
    Thismorning he woke at 6.15am i heard him chatting and playing in his bassinett! i got up to get his bottle ready and then he went back to sleep and woke an hour later.

DH co-ordinates the shipping in & out of the country of bands equiptment. So he's just been in perth doing "The Police, BDO & Iron Maiden" all at once. Then he went to Melb and i think its for Iron Maiden again he has to go to BNE next week for their load out.
    Im not a huge fan of IM but dh loves them and couldnt wait to show me all these pics of the plane when he got home! Those boys must have some money on them to have their own aeroplane thats for sure! And the name of the plane is "Ed force one" cause their mascot thingy is ED I'll put pics on facebook now

Sounds like a great day Julia! I haven't braved taking Kaylee into the city yet...

Nic - great photo! Sorry to hear you & the boys aren't well, hope you all feel better soon.

Viv - lol re the 'crawling'... Kaylee moves around heaps on the back and tummy - sometimes find he in all sorts of strange positions in the cot. Not rolling yet tho.

We had a horrid morning... wouldn't eat, or sleep just scream and want to be cuddled - finally caved and gave her neurofen at 5.30am. I NEED sleep!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast