Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #19

Becky Good to hear that DC is going well for both of you! I also know what you mean about the hands free dummy out issue! That is why C isnt sleeping I think. So I am REALLY looking forward to this wrap tonight! Trust me if it works I will be singing its praises tomorrow! Caitlyn tends to let the dummy drop out when she is asleep and she is ok but once she gets those hands free and into her mouth - look out mum - time to wake up!!
    Would be nice to have the time off work - but I think I would have soooo much more to do with Caitlyn sick at home that it would be less stressful to actually come into work!
    Trish After talking to the ladies at daycare yesterday and today - looks like she might be starting to teethe. the ridge in her gum line is ALOT less and supposedly that is a sign that they are on their way. Mind you this could go on for months I have been told! Yay - NOT
    Saffi I tried letting C sleep unwrapped in a sleeping bag - no joy at all!! She woke every 2 hours - mind you she is practicalyl doing that now. I am VERY tempted if this wrap doesnt work very well to just deal with a few more crap nights' sleep and get her used to sleeping unwrapped. DH will have to deal with me being cranky just a few more days in the week than usual lol

Just a quick one (I should be cooking dinner ). Kieran rolled!!! I put him on his tummy and he rolled back onto his back like an old pro! It looked like he'd done it 100 times before!

So there you go, a day with a milestone

way to go Kieran!!

I'm wishing now Tyron would do a bit less rolling atm! Everytime he rolls onto his tummy he spews then face plants in it!

Trish - woohoo! WTG K!! Logan is soooo close, any day now I think.

Happy 4 months to Chelsea!

Willow - glad to hear things are improving for you

Trish - way to go on Kieran rolling!

Nickers - it must be much fun cleaning up spew each time he rolls

Kim - hope Chelsea is better soon

I went to a Bonds outlet this afternoon, and spent $100 on stuff for winter for Tahlia - got heaps of really cute baby bonds stuff, I got 0's though so they won't fit her for a while
    Last edited by ~kellie~; February 20th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.

Sorry to brag, but we don't get a chance very often - L did another 2 hour sleep this afternoon!!

He didn't wake till 6.30pm so has only just gone down for the night....we'll see how he goes.

His lunch time sleep was a bit off, only 1 hr 15 mins and I didn't bother to resettle him too much cause I had to take him to MIL's while I went out anyway.

He has gone from refusing the breast yesterday to booby monster today! I think I'll have to do a bit of expressing to keep my supply up to him, I think he's trying to make up the lost calories!

He is pretty much rolling onto his stomach but can't get his arm out from underneath him...he'll get there eventually! He has started rolling around his cot again though, even the sheet's not keeping him contained. I think 'they' recommend you start weaning off the wrap when they can roll onto their bellies or at least leaving their arms out?

Anyway, best be off, wanna watch Underbelly tonight

Willow - glad to hear L is sleeping better for you.
    Are you trying to make the Melb gals jealous by telling us your watching Underbelly?? I was really looking forward to watching that series, but it seems we are going to have to wait for some time to see it

becky Guest

Thanks to all who wished Chels a happy 4 months! Didnt do a lot, just relaxed and had some girl time while Liam was at ChildCare (which he had a BALL at again and even had a sleep this time - unheard of!!)
    Yeah I am really not sure about what to do re: Chelsea unwrapping herself at night. She gets superhuman strength in her legs, when you try nd wrap her. As you are wrapping her she is already kicking to get out of it. So I have tried (almost once a day) to just put her down unwrapped but she will just cry and cry and cry and the dummy comes out within 1 second of leaving the room! Grrr. I cant remember really with Liam. He got wrapped up until about 3 months and then we just stopped, and he seemed fine with it. I dont think he took much time to get used to it at all. Chels is just waaaaayyyyyy more stubborn!!

Willow - fantastic sleeping from DS!! Hope it keeps up!!

Trish - WooHoo on DS rolling! You'll be sorry now! LOL. Actually since rolling non stop 2 days ago, Chelsea hasnt done it again!

Kellie - Yay for Bonds! Me thinks I might go and see what Bonds stuff I can find for Chels! Although I really think I should have probably done that last week at the Big W sales!

Have a goon night all. I have an absaloute KILLER headache here so I am going to bed. Mwah!

Minimax and Willow - thanks for eczema tips! Will try some out. He is really uncomfortable with it all, poor baby!

Well, we are all packed and ready to go - now we have a 3 day drive ahead of us!!! Will be interesting that's for sure!

Trish - Inverloch is beautiful, a lovely place to get married. Dom is from Leongatha so we try and get that way once a year. If we are ever there at the same time we will have to try and catch up!

(Yes Nerida - I think our little Teo boy is a real water baby already!)

Thanks for best wishes everyone and I'll hear from you all in two weeks time!!

P.S - Brissy girls have fun! I'm sad I'm missing out!!!

Claire Guest

Hi everyone,

Well we are back from our trip to the UK and we had the most awesome time. We stayed with my sister in her little terrace house and it was cramped with 4 children and 4 adults. But it was also great because we got to spend so much time together. Emily and my niece Olivia who are similar in age got so close - it was sad to part them.

We spent most of our holiday travelling around visiting family and our weekends were full with meeting people. Thankfully our weekdays were a lot quieter so we got to rest and spend quality time together as a family.

Harry rolled over on holiday. We were staying at a cottage in County Durham visiting my Grandfather. My DH saw him do it, I missed it by a second. Wonderful to see the milestones again but I have to say I'm a little more laid back about it all this time around. With Emily I was practically willing her along but with Harry my hands are too full to concentrate on him as much I'd sometimes like.

Jet lag is a killer though. I've been up since 2.30am as Emily decided it's breakfast time. Harry is very unsettled as of late with lots of night feeding, but what am I saying? The kid is still feeding 2-3 hourly during the day anyway! I love feeding him but I am surprised that he needs to feed so damn often still. He's definitley a hungry baby but I'm resolved to hold off solids for as long as possible because of allergies in the family.

Star - Harry has bad ezcema too. It's all over his scalp. Itches him too so along with the dry skin he's got scratch marks too. I'm off to see a naturopath, she treated him before we went ot the UK and it cleared up completely. I'm trying to steer clear of chemicals and prescribed medicines for aslong as I can.

He's over due his needles by a week but I have to let him get over his jet lag first so he'll be abou 2 weeks late all in all.

Nic - glad to hear Tupp is still going well for you! Is everyone still meeting up on Mondays? I'm thinking I might have to cut back myself to fortnighty.
    Last edited by Claire; February 21st, 2008 at 04:53 AM.

hello all

good luck to the babeez having the needles today.

we had the nappy fiasco last night. he's such a rolling bean that i don't believe the nappies can keep up. mind you, with all the drinking he's been doing it's hardly surprising.

what nappies do you all use at night and how is it working out?

Well - the whole angelwrap idea was a failure! I couldnt even get her still long enough to get it done! So cot sheet it was. I dont know if it was just me being so frustrated due to lack of sleep and her not being as sleepy as she normally is at that time of night or if it is just cause I am inexperienced at doing it. But - it does put her hands close to her face when normally she sleeps with the at her side. Will keep persevering I think maybe when I get a bit more sleep. Although last night wasnt too bad. Down at 630 up at 1130 for dummy. Up at 1 for feed. Up at 430 unwrapped. Up at 530 cuddles with mum and dad awake for sure at 720. WAsnt too bad a night!
    Ninja- More than likely I can't help with the whole nappy thing. We have used disposables from day one. Would have liked to use cloth but a) short on time now and b) can't really rely on clean water a whole lot out here. Would hate to have to wash her clothes AND her nappies 2,3 and sometimes even 4 times before they are clean.
    Claire- Welcome back! Am glad you had such a great holiday. Are you happy to be home now?
    Anyway - am off to pretend to work again - until someone else posts of course

Welcome back Claire... glad you all had a good time away

Viv - we use Huggies nappies overnight, and dont have any problems with them (however Tahlia doesn't roll yet). What kind of probs are you having? wee leakages or poo?

Rebecca - sorry to hear u didn't have much luck with the angel wrap

Afternoon all!

We had a pretty good night last night, not as good as the night before, but we're getting there! Had a visit from my mum and nephew this morning so the house looks like a tornado has been through it *sigh*. It looked so tidy before they came!

Rebecca - Bummer about the Angelwrap . Maybe it just takes practice? Maybe someone should invent a baby straight jacket LOL!

Viv - I think I've already told you that I use Aldi nappies o'night. I don't have the rolling issue you do though. Have you tried putting a plastic nappy cover over his sposie? I used to do this with Joel when he kept getting night leaks and it really helped. You can by the from Woolies or Coles, etc and they're pretty cheap.

Claire
    - Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. How was the plane trip with two littlies?

Star - We definitely will have to catch up one day in Inverloch! Have a safe trip

Kellie - I love Bonds stuff! We have the Holeproof factory just around the corner so I really should go to their little factory outlet there (they do Bonds).

Willow - L sounds like he is doing soooo well!!! I'm so proud of you for sticking it out! How's he going today?

Nic - LOL I love your description of Tyron rolling! Poor little man.

K rolled again when I went to show DH, what a good boy!

Trish - he is doing well...let us speak of it no more lest we jinx it!!!

We had a pretty good night last night although I'm learning that I need to wake him before 6pm if I want him to go down well at night. Put him down at 7.30pm and he didn't go to sleep till 9pm!!! He had 2 feeds and a top up of EBM in that time so not sure if he was still trying to catch up from his hunger strike...BUT then he woke at 1.30am and then slept till 5.15am!! WOOT!!

Only problem - DD woke up and had me up for 2 hours! Totally unlike her, DH and I think she is having nightmares. So going to put a low wattage lamp in her room and hope that helps. Poor thing was so upset but I couldn't believe it - L was having a great night and I still couldn't sleep! LOL.

PS - how many of you are on facebook and how do I find you?!

Willow - I am on facebook - search for Rebecca Campbell. I think my photo is one of me bent over signing my marriage certificate! There is also a BellyBelly group on there that you can go to and see who is who I think. Good luck!
    I would add you but am work and AWB has blocked facebook!

Willow - IKWYM about jinxing in LOL! I feel the same way sometimes when all is going well. I am Trish Brimelow on FB, there are two of us on there and mine is the one with the family photo. I have most of the girls in here listed as friends so you can probably find them that way or just wait until they tell you here!

OK mummies....how do i rid my house of vomit smell? Poor Chelsea has vomitted all night and day. Changed sheets 2 times, 2 showers and 3rd set of clothes. My washing machine has not stopped. She wont eat or drink anythign and if she does it comes back up.

This morning Jasmine was feeding and we both got coated with projectile vomit from Chelsea.

At this stage we are not going away now

Willow im Kimberley Marchant on FB. Got a pic of me and hubby.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast