Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

alz - about solids. i have started thinking about it for a few reasons...

1) james used to sleep through without night feeds and now needs a 10pm dreamfeed and a 2 or 3am feed... then a 5.30am feed. midwife seems to think baby cereal will help.

2) he was a big boy at birth and has a big appetite. he seems like he can handle it.

3) his father was started on solids at 3 months and I suspect he might genetically just want to eat more.

mo - those easy suits... i wrote to bonds and had a huge whinge. every mother i know has had difficulty with them. the cuteness factor is all that's keeping them selling as far as i can see. bonds claimed that their 'research' suggested that mums love it. hah! right. my research doesn't show that. my easysuits are stuffed under the change table in disgust.

as for the nappies... he used to make it through the night but now i just change him every time i go to feed him overnight. i'm pretty sure the bigger appetite means the old nappy schedule just won't work out. he never used to feed at night, so that is probably why.

we're trying the rice cereal at the next feed. *crosses fingers*

Viv I agree the only reason i love it is because it's cute & fit's her well.

I'm thinking we may start Maddi on solids soon, she's 5 months on Monday & seems to want extra food.
    If you give her more bottle she chucks up & but sometimes after her bottle she cries for more food.
    I'll talk to her health nurse on Monday & she what she says.

Trish sry you didn't have a great night, Maddi is like that if she hasn't been done a poo for awhile. & WTG K on rolling.

Kim hope you can get Chels to drink something & keep it down today.

Amber I love my berry plush nappies Maddi had it on for 6 hrs & no leaks.
    Also love my Bum G, The Monkey Doodlez are good too just have to wash them a lot otherwise they leak. I plan on buying more nappies next week.

Claire Welcome back.

Nickers glad Tyron went well with he's needles.

The vomitting returned thru the night

I love BBH, Bubblebubs, Monkey Doodlez....and Greenkids are my fav!

Also getting excited cos we r going to start stocking Bubblebubs and Bungenius in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!

We are still going to go away....both girls are sick but looking much better and IL's would like us to still go..

Solids....no way am i starting before 6 months....Jasmine is getting enuf, sleeping thru and shows no signs of needing anything more. Waited the full 6 months for Chels too....but we skipped the rice cereal phase.

Poor thing Trish.....Crsig is a bed hogger....but im the sheet and blanket hogger so he prob move close to me to get warm!!

I hope you all have a good weekend...ill see you when i return Sunday

Alz- Solids - we started them for a few reasons. Caitlyn was still hungry after bottles but wouldnt take any more bottle. She started grabbing at the food off our plates and once even out of my hand. She started watching us with such intent while we were eating/drinking and following our hand movements and watching our mouths when we put the food in. We tried her first with just a little water on a spoon to see if her tongue would push it back out (its a reflex) and she didnt. we did just water a few times and she was fine so then we gave her a little farex and she took it just fine.
    Trish- Wayne is a bed hog but he is not too bad until I get out for the first time at night for caitltyn. Once I am out of bed he thinks that he can take a bit more bed and I wont notice when I get back in. Saying that though - he is a foot taller than me and a solid man so he does need more space than what I take up. Add to that - I sleep on my side and he sleeps on his back (except when he snores and I push him onto his side!). We are seriously considering our next big buy being a king size bed!
    Kim-I hope your girls are better soon!!
    Mo-I am sure the results will be good news
    Becky-Can you PM me the details on the christening dress?? There is one shop in Mt Isa where I MIGHT be able to get a dress from if I get the timing right!!
    I am now in two minds about the whole new routine - she slept so very well last night. Down at 6 as usual up at 12 for a feed - and her first night time pooey nappy since about 6 weeks old!! Up again at 440 - I could hear her talking away to herself so I left her. she started sooking at 455 so I went in, rewrapped her and bought her back to bed - we slept until 738am!!! And she was happy as larry! Wasnt screaming for a feed - in fact didnt even want the bottle. So I packed her up and took her to day care. She was singing in the car (she loves that Mika song - Love today and ANY female singer?!) and was fine when I handed her over! Was good. Such a different baby from day to day. Looks like a bumbo seat is out of the question until April at this point.
    Anyway - had better get ready for "work"! Have a great day all! MWAH

Afternoon all

solids - will probably wait until closer to 6 months. I have noticed tho that L does watch us when we eat so perhaps he is getting ready. He also has been reaching out for the bottle when we are getting it ready for him. Maybe these are signs? Like the idea of trying some water on a spoon first.

Had a better night. We went out for dinner again (DH suggestion). Instead of putting a cover over the pram we just left it open. L didn't sleep at all but played with some toys. Got a bit grumpy just as we were about to leave. Got home, top up feed and to bed around 8.30. He then slept through to around 4am where I did a dummy check and then until 5.30. I am thinking that I should continue the day time routine into the evening (ie. up for 90 mins, down for a few hours) and that may mean he sleeps longer overnight.

Kim - hope you had a great weekend away.
    Nickers - meant to say I love the photo with both boys.
    Trish - sorry you had a carp night. I've noticed that L also is a bit unsettled when he hasn't gone for a while. He averages once a day or once every 2 days. Boy does he let some off (poo-ey). If you asked DH he would say I'm a bed hog, but he does hog the sheets.

BBL

We aren't really a chatty bunch today are we? I am feeling really chatty tho!! So I will just dribble on!!!
    Saffi- I am going to try and convince DH to take us out for dinner tonight! We havent had a dinner out since we got C back to Cloncurry. So....I thought tonight we may as well. He just doesnt know it yet - might just send him a quick sms to let him know that I would like to go out!
    Its been another constructive day at work today. Good thing I only have 45 mins left. Dishes to do at home. We had a nice meal last night - first one in a long time. Corned beef, mashed potato (DH makes THE BEST mashed spud!), peas and corn. Yum yum - just hate the dishes!! Basically my day has been spent giving "Advice" to the other girls here! One of them just dropped her laptop on my desk and said can you look at this please??? The other wanted some financial advice!!! Well not so much financial advice just my "grown up" opinion. The girls I work with are 20 and 22!!! So to them 31 is grown up!! Will try to remind them of that when they turn 31! Actualluy I REALLY REALLY hope I wont be here to remind them of that - we should be elsewhere by then!
    Anyway - best be off - helping the 20 yr old with her 21st b'day invites! Nothing like worktime to get personal stuff done!! MWAH

Kim I hope Chelsea is feeling better! Poor chooky Let me know when you start to stock Bumgenius cause I want to get some! I might get some of those monkeydoodlez too! So will be hopefully be supporting your business very soon
    Viv so glad you complained about the "easy suits" I love the looc of them but the long sleeve, leg ones are so hard to put on!
    Saffi so glad L is sleeping well! Lucky you for getting out and about with hubby
    Rebecca Myles loves mika too it must cause he sounds like a girl lol!
    Trish Hope tonight is better for you! Love the new pic in your ticker! Men just don't get it that they are hogging the bed hey! But when we do it its another story
    Mo might have to check out the berry plush, they just sound comfy! I think this may be my new addiction! Do you have a little squirt?
    Nickers hope tyron is ok after his needles! Rotten things

RE solids! We tried at 4 months much to my apprehension, DH was very excited! But Have decided to wait till he is at least 6 months! Just from all the reading on how there tummies are ready for solids till about then! Myles looks at our food to but he also looks the same way about anything I do and puts it in his mouth lol! We have bought organic rice cereal to try as I dont think he liked the farex the first time! But every baby is different!

Well how hot is it today brisbane girls! We have had to have the aircon going all night and day! I think Myles may be teething? he has been a bit cranky, and if i forget his necklace its even worse, so it must be working!

Thanks for reading my mammoth post have to go eat while the boy is still asleep!

x

i wont re writ it but if you wanna read my ordeal of the day check out my post: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/show...t=57627&page=7

solids: Tyron is showing no signs of needing anything yet, sleeping through & actually not having as much milk as what he should be but still content.

anyway im exhausted and Nixon's calling out (just had a 3hr sleep thank god!

BBL

becky Guest

Nic - OMG how scary for you! I have tears in my eyes just thinking about what ytou must be feeling. That must be the most horrible feeling in the world!! I am so glad you found him and he is all home safe and sound now though. Poor thing! Make sure ya get plenty of cuddles from him tonight!! X

Amber - Yup pretty hot! Im just staying inside all day with the aircon on thankfully!

Nerida - Yeah I think Im gonna wait closer to 6 months for solids here too. With Liam, I could tell he was ready at 4 and a half, but Chels doesnt seem at all interested yety. She is quite happy with her bottles!!

kim - Have a great time away. I hope Chels gets better quickly too.

I might take a pic of the dress tonight and I'll post it on here (if I can work out how too!) Anyway, not much else here, might go have a rest while the kiddies are both down.

omg Nic i can't imagine how you must of felt. Thank goodness he is ok.

Amber no not yet, going to buy one soon since she'll be starting solid's from now to a month.

OMG Nic that is awful! i cantnot believe that no one said anything! I always ask lil kids where there parents are if they are by themselves! You gave me shivers as I read it especially the " I lost nixon this morning" my heart was in my throught!

Mo we will probbaly get one! Cant picture DH scraping poo into the toilet lol

Myles just had a sleep in his cot and when he woke up he had rolled over and was making a funny noise so I went in and he was trying to chew on the side rail nearly out of the cot! So I think its time to have the rail up! Man it scared the life out of me! x

Nic - Oh no, you poor thing!!! I can't IMAGINE how frightening that would have been . I hope you are able to wind down tonight!

Mo - Let us know how Maddi goes if you try her on solids!

Kim - I'm glad you can still go away for the weekend. I'm sure you will feel fantastic having some time away!

Rebecca - My DH becomes a bed-hogger as soon as I get up in the middle of the night too! He must think it is great to spread out

Saffi - I haven't been out for dinner since before K was born! I don't think I want to try go out with a 3yo and a baby!

Amber - I'm going to try waiting until 6 months to try solids too, but I won't make any promises once he hits 5 months lol!

I took Joel to kinder again today and it was the same - tears when I left him, but happy when I picked him up! It is really embarressing to have the only child there who cries when mum leaves .

K is getting really good at grabbing toys on the floor next to him and putting them in his gob and he really moves his body around these days. It's so cute watching them develop and change!

Anyway, I should get off the laptop, I have a splitting headache and the screen isn't making it feel any better!

Thanks girls!
    i rang dh and told him to pick up some alcohol tonight, i havent had a drink for a while and feel like i need a couple!!
    who havent read the story Nixon went walk about thismorning, lost him for 5-10min and was the longest time in my life. he was ok and all is good.

we used to go out to dinner lots with Nixon, he'd just sleep in the pram was easy! and im sure would be a good boy too, but Nixon aint fun anymore he wouldnt want to sit still and as u can tell like to explore and wander off!!

MIL always tells me how DH would always run off, so i guess its built into his genes! (and i always loved hiding under clothes racks in department stores!)

hope your headache clears soon Trish

Amber- it always takes a scare to realise what these cheeky children are capable of doesnt it! good example of master Nixon today. Tyron actually rolled onto his tummy on the floor and went to sleep yesterday! first time he has done that without getting cranky & spewing

Way to go Tyron! Myles always insists on rolling onto his tummy rigt after a feed! Lucky he doesnt spew too often!

Nic - big hugs to you.... I'm so glad to hear that Nixon is ok... it must have been just terrible!

Nic - how awful! Thank goodness you had people help you look.

Finally managed to get L to sleep. He was up at 1.45 and eventhough was getting cranky just wouldn't sleep. In the end gave him a bath and what do you know now out like a light. DH will be home soon and will miss out on seeing him for a few hours or so. Think I need a drink too!

LizzysMum Guest

Hugs Nic - its THE scariest feeling huh? I "lost" Eliza once and felt physically sick.

So glad to hear all you ladies discussing MCN's I have so many now that when they are all washed I can't even fit them in the cupboard (don't tell DH!)

I just got a Lotus AIO, a Dragonfly Magik AIO and an organic velour Dreameze fitted. A friend of mine who knits longies and shorties also gave Amara THE most stunning pair of longies. Variegated purple wool with sunflowers embroidered on the bum and leg - they are amazing.

Re Solids - we are also delaying until 6 months at least.

Since last posting Amara has got so good at grabbing stuff and holding toys etc. Its amazing how fast they change. She is also almost rolling. Oh and she is out of the cradle, I found her screaming with her legs stuck out the bars so its gone. I did not want her to go out of our room yet so she is in the port-a-cot in our room still. I am putting her in her room in the cot for day sleeps so she is used to it.

For the first time today she stayed awake from one feed to the next. She usually sleeps after evey feed, this may be the start of the 2 day sleep routine?????

Thanks for reading, sorry for not doing personals but I have to get to bed its midnight eeek!!

Night,

Good morning everyone!
    Tahlia slept in her own room for the 1st time last night... it was nice being able to go to the toilet in the middle night without creeping around in fear of waking her up! She woke up at 4.30am though, she had unwrapped herself and was cold, so as soon as I wrapped her back up she was dozing again

My little girl is growing up!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast