Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

holy carp, nic. that must have been terrifying. not looking forward to when my little energiser finds his legs.... (in some ways)

in other news... jj seemed to like his cereal. he's just like that with food. he'll just eat whatever i give, be it boob, bottle or rice mulch. he is so cute, he holds his own bottle. dh put him up to it. i came home last saturday to find him holding and glugging his own ebm bottle.

we swaddled him again last night and lo, surprise, no nappy leak all night because he couldn't roll and loosen it up. heh. thank god we got a bit more sleep because we've been pie-eyed and over it round here.

my sister (lact consultant) says i shouldn't be giving him cereal etc yet. she says i should hang on until 6 months. my supply has bolstered since his suckathon of last week and he's gone back to normal now. phew, glad those 9 or 10 feeds a day are over.

my 'a' key isn't working properly. guess the laptop is dying...

oh, in other carp news... AF came back with a vengeance, so all of you who were predicting james' fussiness was because of tht were dead right. gross. i hte AF. tampons make me boogedy after all this time.

i'm hiding inside with the AC today... stuff going out in 36 degrees.

Nic-How terrifying for you!!! I can't believe no one said or asked anything after seeing a child walking around alone! Some people!!!
    Viv- How old is JJ? I am terrible at remember this stuff - should keep like a spreadsheet or somethign so I can keep track! DH was trying last weekend to get C to hold her own bottle but its just not happening. I guess she will when she is ready.
    Now I am not BFing but I too have found that when AF is on her way or is already visiting (b!tch) that C is fussier than usual. Won't take a bottle. Grumpy a lot. Is that strange??? Maybe she can sense it.
    Oops - crying has started. Catch you all later! MWAH Have a great day!

Hi everyone,
    Nic - How frightening for you. I am so glad that Nixon is ok. I can't imagine how you must have felt. I know I always ask little kids where mummy or daddy is when they look lost or confused. I don't understand why others wouldn't do the same.

Busy day for us. After a shocker of a night we have been shopping and then went to a wedding (the third since Ethan has been born). We were looking at umbrella strollers. Our big jogger pram is great but takes up so much room in the boot. I walk everywhere when dh is at work because we only have 1 car but he has taken the pram to work a few times and I have been stranded. We think we will get the steelcraft profile layback. Seems good. Also my in laws have said that they will buy Ethan a high chair and they are on special at the moment so they are coming to look at them tomorrow.

Oh the scariest thing happened last night. I got up at about 3.30 am to close the window because it got really windy. When I pushed the blinds to the side I saw that our car door was open. I woke dh up and said "the car is open". He raced outside to check what was going on. Somebody had got in (silly dh forgot to lock it last night) and had rumaged through everything. They left my cds alone but took the coins from the ashtray. Amazing that the car was still there (new car only 5 months old). I was cross at dh! How stupid. I suppose I need to find another $2 for my shopping trolley now.

Have a great night everyone.

wow - it has been super quiet in here today! Went shopping this afternoon to look for a jumperoo for Tahlia... found a super bargain at Target... only $48! The exact same model we saw at a baby store earlier in the day for $120! I just set it up before and she had a little play in it, she seems to like it already!

Hope the quietness in here means everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi all

Was such a hot day here today (40degrees). We went shopping to escape, any excuse really.

Kellie- hope Tahlia is having fun in her jumper.
    Alz - how scary! Sounds like some kids just mucking around. Maybe they didn't like your taste in music LOL. We also looked at umbrella strollers while we were out.
    Viv - way to go JJ. I knew he would love food. L holds his bottle too. Oh, he's growing up! When we go out we put his bottle into a stubbie cooler. Just getting in early....
    Rebecca - did DH take you out for dinner?

Hoping for a better night. We were up every 2 hours. DH got up at 7am and I went to bed until 10. Had words with DH tho. I told him its not fair how he doesn't get up overnight on the weekends. We'll see if it has done any good.

Night all

It has been very quiet in here.
    Maddi has been sleeping very well at night, just not through the day.
    Friday night she went to sleep at 7:30pm & didn't wake to 10am.

Kellie-Great deal was the box damaged etc.. or was that just the price?

Saffi-Wow 40 degree, I'm so glad we are having some cooler weather now.

Rebecca-Pretty sure JJ is just over 4 months.

Hello all,

Just thought I'd pop in and say a quick hello while Ryan is distracted. He is still snuffley and coughing and a little whingey but that's to be expected, I rung his doctor and told her about him and she said as he didn't have a temp there was no point to see him because it sounds like a virus and will clear up on it's own WHICH IS WHAT I SAID... Now my rant for Friday...

Friday: I get a call from the daycare, Ryan is not himself and is "completely unmanagable" and I HAVE to come get him. We have 3 people already gone home with the flu and my boss really didn't want me to leave so I asked exactly what is wrong "oh he's just cranky and he's never cranky", "does he have a temperature?", "no", "is he having his bottles?" "well, yeah, but he keeps coughing so he's taking a long time to drink them", "has he slept?", "no the other kids are keeping him awake"............................................ ..ARG GRR.

So I say well he hasnt slept at night well because of his cough could he possibly at all just be OVERTIRED? "Oh, maybe, we'll try putting him away from the other kids and call you if he's still bad"... 10 MINUTES LATER "he's not sleeping he's completely unmanagable you have to come get him" so I go to the chemist who gives me some 1month+ cold drops and take it upto the daycare in my lunchbreak I get there and "oh he's ok now he just did a poo"... WTF AM I PAYING FOR?? Every single freaking day they have kids that SCREAM from the minute they get there to the minute their parents get them Ryan has one cranky day because he needs to drop a turd and he's unmanagable because he's whinging and was cranky??

It wasn't the girls who actually look after the kids it was the centre director, and when I got there every single kid had been crying and a bunch of parents turned up to get their "unmanagable children" i.e. they couldn't cope with 7 flu riddled children that one of their childcare workers is off with because she gave it to them all so they are trying to get rid of as many kids as possible! She also told me I should come and take him to a dr immediately and tried to make me feel like bleep for not wanting to come take him because he was 'cranky' when he direly needed medical care for constipation??? I told her I had already rung the doctor at the start of the week and she said that I had to take him again. Was so ****ed I got there and told the girls in there I didn't appreciate being harassed at work, having it made out that ryan is on deaths door when the only symptom is that he is cranky and that I'm a terrible mum for not taking him straight to a doctor! They were shocked and hadn't known the centre director had called all the mums, I can understand being understaffed but why make out things like that to get mums in a panic to get their kids???

Other than that only one week left of work!! Yay! Also going to try and volunteer at the community centre Tuesday nights with Youth Activities and Wednesdays with womans adult education and go to a mums group thursdays if I like it there. Need... to... do .... something....

Anyway Ryan just dropped a big poo and fell asleep (must've been hard work) so I better go change him and put him to bed... his lil bed is on the line so he's in his cot omg he wriggles everywhere, limbs in all directions don't know how many times I had to go re-arrange him last night at least it's sunny so he will have his bed back soon

mo - you must be stoked to be sleeping at night. *jealous*

celtic - how carp is that daycare fiasco?

i want everyone to tell stories of mommy intuition now because of something weird that happened last night.

so i went to bed early (9pm) and thought i might get up to dreamfeed jj in a little bit. i woke up 11pm just randomly and thought i just go in and look at him, with a view to feeding him. so, i go to pick him up in the dark and realise that he is 100% face down fast asleep. he was never a tummy sleep and usually go nuts if he rolls onto his tummy in the night.

i wonder if he would have snuffed himself... why did i wake up? *boogedy*

in other news, i thought i'd try to see if he'd take a formula bottle this morning (after saying he'd eat anything). wrong-o.

he screwed up his face, gagged, drooled and carried on like a total pork chop. he was at it for about 5 mins, gnawing the edge of the teat and sort of taking the bottle in and out. when i gave up i notice he'd only managed about 5 lousy mls. lucky i just bought a sample pack. looks like booby boy is not having a bar of this formula business.

i just wanted to see if he was still a chucker on formula, to test if it might be my diet that makes him spewy. that plan's out the window now.

he looked at me like i was trying to poison him. *mother guilt*

Hey all!

Whenever I haven't posted for a day I notice everyone says it's quiet in here LOL! I am such a chatter box!! I've been around, just feeling a bit blah so didn't want to post and sound depressing. My hormones are up the creek and I'm feeling particularly down atm, I'm wondering if AF is on her way. Please oh please don't come back yet!

I'm so tired too from not getting a great night's sleep in months! I realised I haven't slept well in at least 6 months, coz at the end of pregnancy I was up and down all night going to the toilet or trying to roll over in bed. I miss decent sleep!!!

Viv - Mummy's intuition is a strange and wonderful thing. I haven't had any freaky moments with K yet, but my sister had one with her DS. She was on hols and woke to a wierd sound like a dog barking (only it wasn't) and felt very strongly to check on her DS. She went in and found he had curled up into the corner of the portacot and had his face pressed up against the side. Who knows what would have happened if she hadn't gone in! The wierdest part was that our mum also woke up at the exact same time of night (at her own house) with an odd feeling about one of her grandkids. Spooky!

Celtic - Your daycare centre sounds so frustrating! I can't believe they tried to pull a guilt trip on you. I hope Ryan's cold clears up soon.

Mo - Oh, you're so lucky Maddi sleeps so well at night! Joel was a fantastic night sleeper too so it is a rude shock to have a bub who isn't! How cold is it today? What happened to summer???

Saffi - Hope you had a better night last night. DH never gets up to the boys, he sleeps through it all the lucky thing!

Kellie - I'm sure you will love the Jumperoo as much as Tahlia! They are so good when you need a "change of scenery" or a distraction while you are trying to get stuff done. I'm going to try K in his Jolly Jumper soon. I've been putting it off in case I undo his chiropractic work lol! How are you coping with Tahila sleeping in her cot at night?

Alz - How scary having your car broken into! Mine got broken into once and the thieves only stole my coins too. We had hundreds of dollars worth of Myer vouchers in the glove box (wedding gifts) that they pulled out, but didn't take thank goodness!

Kim - Hope you and Craig are having a nice weekend away!

Willow - How has L been treating you?

Hi to everyone else!

Hi all! Haven't posted all weekend, so have just had a quick read to catch up. Not much going on here. L has been pretty good. Went to sleep school again on Friday and again he was the star performer Settled and resettled beautifully so again didn't get much out of it. I guess one positive thing (well for me anyway) is that being there and seeing other babies makes me realise things could be a lot worse and he's really not that bad. I was talking to one mum whose 6mo only sleeps for 15-20mins at a time during the day and 1.5-2hrs overnight Man, that would be hard work!!

DH has been away fishing AGAIN this weekend Soooooo totally over being left at home for most to the weekend (he leaves sat arvo, gets home sun arvo) with both kids, especially overnight when DD isn't sleeping well at the moment either (very strange for her, haven't really figured it out yet, she seems to be coming down with a cold though), and I'm not getting any sleep or any help. MIL had a party last night, a friend of hers imports all this stuff from Bali and then sells it. I really wanted to go but L wouldn't have a sleep in the afternoon and DH was leaving for fishing so bad luck, I miss out again. Well I thought bugger that! So I bathed the kids, gave DD her dinner and took them over there. Thankfully L slept most of the time we were there. Paid for it a bit last night because he woke every 3 hours (hadn't done that for a while) because I think he was overtired. So even though we can't really afford it, I brought a great knock off D&G handbag, a few tops and a sarong. Bugger it! I'm sick of being the only one around here always putting everyone else first.

I'm still filthy with DH and he's due home soon. Fun and games....I swear if he comes home and sleeps all afternoon on the couch like he normally does, I will kill him. HE'S tired???!!!!

OK, wow, sorry that wasn't supposed to be a big whinge but I obviously needed to get that off my chest! LOL.

Celtic - that's carp about day care calling you like that! Glad you stuck it to em!

Trish - sorry to hear you're feeling down. Have been wondering about AF myself the last few days....I really hope she stays away a bit longer. Very cute pic of K!

Nickers - wow! That must have been soooo scary. I'm so glad it all ended happily.

Viv - despite swearing I wouldn't, thinking of trying L on solids in about a months time. Same reasons, he's a big boy and I think he'll need a bit more than booby milk soon.

Kim - hope you have a great weekend!

Question of the day - how long are bubs staying awake between sleeps now? We've been doing 1.5 hours for a while now but in the last week or so, I've had a few sleeps where I've really had to fight to get him to go down and I've never really had to do that, he's always gone down quite happily without much fuss. So wondering if he's trying to tell me he's not tired yet and can start to stay up a bit longer? The guidelines from sleep school say 1.5-2hrs for a 4-6 month old.
    Last edited by Willow; February 24th, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Hi everyone,
    Ethan slept fairly well last night. Went to bed at 7.30 and by 7.40 was sound asleep. I drema fed him at 10 and then he went back to sleep until 4.45 which is good for him at the moment. I stuck the dummy in and he went back to sleep for half an hour but that was it. Dh got up to him at 5.15 and he wouldn't settle until 7. He had a bad case of bottom wind. But still he was good last night! Yey!!!!

Went shopping this morning and got our umbrella stroller which I am excited about. Got a steelcraft profile layback which seems pretty good. In laws came with us to buy a high chair so we got that too. We sat Ethan in it in the shop and he loved it. Oh my little boy is growing so fast.

Celtic - how annoying that the daycare centre aren't doing the job you pay them for. What do they expect that your baby will be happy all the time and never cry? I am an early childhood teacher and I worked in an under 3s room for a while and we never called parents because their child was being unmanageable. We saw it as our job to work out why they are so upset and do the best we can to care for them and make them feel better. If there was a bub that was obviously sick and had a temp we would call the parents but not if the baby was overtired and upset. It's not like you can just drop work every 2 minutes because the day care centre can't handle a little baby. I feel for you.

As time for me to go back to work gets closer I am feeling sad about leaving Ethan. I don't go back till July but hearing other's stories of day care makes me sad. I do want to work part time but not sure how I will go leaving Ethan for that long. Not sure who will mind him yet. Probaby MIL but she never does what we ask her too. Ethan bearly sleeps at her place because she is always telling me that he needs more stimulation. He gets plenty of sitmulation!!! He also needs sleep.

Anyway I will stop ranting. Have a great day everyone.

We have returned!

Nic, i read ur post...OMG you poor thing.

TBH i didnt really read all the other posts, just skimmed

Chelsea is STILL sick. MIL rang Sat morning saying she was off to the dr's. Chels had been vomitting and diarreah (sp?), not eating and even worse not drinking. She was worried Chels was dehydrated. Anyhow seen a dr, she was on borderline dehydration and if she vomitted anymore more action would be needed. Turns out it is all apparently teething, but i cant help but think theres more too it.

We had a nice time away, relaxing and having some quite time....but its so hard to just switch off when ur baby is at home so sick....i called a few times a day!

Its good to be back home. MIL said we deserve a medal cos she has no idea how we manage and cope...so that makes me feel good....to know that i am doing a good job

becky Guest

Hi all!

Kim - Glad you had a good time away. Hope Chels continues to feel better!

Celtic - I cannot believe your ChildCare centre! My sis works in CC, and I just told her about it, and she said at hers, they are not even allowed to actually say, "You have to come and get them." They can tell you whats wrong, but it is up to the parent if they want to collect them or not. Especially considering that DS didnt even sound like he was all that bad. They were obviously all having bad days and couldnt handle a bit of extra crying!! Can you look into somewhere else?

Alz - Hope Ethan keeps up the good sleeping!!

Trish - I hope you catch up on some sleep real soon!!

Willow - Make sure DH gives you some time to relax!!!

Be back a bit later everyone!

Kim glad you had a good trip, Hope Chels start to feel better soon must be hard seeing her so sick.

becky Guest

Ho hum...

Everyone must be having a rockin' weekend!!!

Off to get Chelsea's needles in the morning.

Not much happening here.

All I can say is if severe vomiting and the runs is what happens when babies teethe, I hope L stays a gummy boy forever!

Kim - glad you had a great time away. Yes, you do deserve a medal.
    Celtic - I can't believe your daycare centre. Once you finish work will you be taking him out of daycare?
    Willow - sometimes DHs can be so insensitive. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pack up and go away overnight and leave the kids behind! Just because we are at home 24/7 doesn't mean we work any less!
    L is still doing about 90 mins between sleeps. When we go out he often won't sleep for hours. He likes to be part of the action.
    Trish - I hear ya! I guess it comes with the turf.
    Viv - I swear I am psychically linked to L. Usually it involves me thinking how great it is that he is asleep and then within moments he cries!
    Becky - good luck for Chel's needles.

After my little rant to DH he did get up once to L overnight and another time offered, but I needed to get up to feed L. Had a blocked duct yesterday so needed to work on it before it turned into mastitis. Luckily it seems to have worked.

Over the next week I am going to start to move L into his cot. Think I'll start with day sleeps and if that goes ok then move to nights. Had to wash his sheets in preparation. Haven't wrapped him in over a week so think we have made that transition pretty much unscathed.

See you all in the morning.

becky Guest

Oh Nerida - How oh how did you do it??? (The putting down unwrapped thing!) Chels is driving me nuts with her being wrapped! WILL NOT sleep unwrapped!! Grrr to you dummy, wish I had never started it now!

Geez has Chelsea been little miss grizzle the past 3 days. All she wants is for me to carry her around. The minute you put her down, she is grizzling! Grrr. Iknow she is not in pain cause the minute you do pick her up, she is all smiles and giggles again! Put her down, and she's crying!! Hope it is just a short phase (a very short phase!!)

Becky good luck with Chel's needles.

Are any of the Melb girls going to Moomba?

Maddi is 5 months today, off to see her health nurse today, can see how much she's grown.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast