Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

We had good night hope everyone else had a good night.
    We brought Maddi a Stationary Activity Center.

She loves it, She loves looking at herself in the mirror & play with all the toys.
    She figured out she spin around in it, so every time you walk somewhere she watches you.

Saffi have fun shopping,

Becky Hope Chels is better for you today.

Amber, Hope Myles goes back to he's old self soon for you.

Claire Guest

So many replies to make! I can't remember who said what!!!

Nic - God sorry to hear about Nixon taking a walk - you must have been beside yourself! Did you buy those reins for him in the end?

Viv - You OK?

Kimbaz - Will you be stocking the new V3 bumgenius? I love the V2 and I'm looking to try out the new one!

Happy Birthday to all the babies!

Thanks for the well wishes - we are back to normal around here after our mammoth flight. The kids handled it as well as can be expected really. Emily played up more on the way over than on the way back. Harry handled it better going over than coming back. Only a few tantrums and the 'tut tutting' from other passengers! Just ignored them.

Didn't need the Phenergan in the end - though Emily actually spewed three times on the way back. Passengers were dropping like flies, I saw 3 being given oxygen plus a flight attendent running off with the mask down to the other end of the plane. Apparently the air con was broken in the middle part of the plane (where we were) - it did feel warm. It was a busy flight for the hostesses.

I think Harry has an ear infection. We are off the the doc's today. Doesn't seem to be bothering him too much though I've seen him tugging at his ear (hence why we are off for a check up). He had a cold before we even left and a few whilst away plus the descent can cause problems too. Hopefully it's the reason why he's been waking so frequently at night but what's the chances it's not? Where's my 8-10 hours straight through a night guy gone?

He's still taking about 3 sleeps a day. Doesn't always nap between feeds. And thankfully he seems to be stretching his feeds out to 3 hourly instead of 2-2.5 hourly. Even went 4 hours overnight.

Emily didn't get out of bed overnight last night which she's been doing since we got back from the UK, so I feel positively refreshed today after only getting up to feed Harry 3 times.

Weighed the little tyke the other day - 7.2kg! He's really long aswell - he's my little bruiser. Will get his needles done as soon as I can - if he needs antibiotics then after them otherwise this Thursday will be the day!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Lizzysmum- It seems Caitlyn is the one initiating the no wrapping thing. She tends to get out of the wrap about an hour after I put her in it. so I dont know if she wakes up and then gets out of the wrap or gets out of the wrap and then wakes up. So I figured she either doesnt want to be in the wrap or I need to learn a new method of wrapping to keep my little houdini baby in!
    However - last night - down at 630, little stir at 9 (dummy stop) then asleep until 145!!! YAY!!! Think this whole one arm out is doing good! Plus she took more farex/apple than usual so maybe she just had a full belly for longer. Mind you she was up, as usual, at 5 again although I figure 11 hours sleep is pretty good. I just popped her dummy back in and she stirred again at 6 and I took her back to bed with me until 650. then we were up, breakfasted and walk to daycare.
    I am finally walking her to daycare. It is only a 10 min walk but its better than a 2 min drive - well for me and my huge butt anyway! I got really depressed the other day when I looked at the BMI calculator and it said I was OBESE!!! I knew I was overweight but I didnt think I was obese. So, gotta pull my finger out and do something about it hey!
    And I think I am more over cloncurry than I have ever been before!! My best friend is 21 almost 22 weeks pregnant and although I can call her/email her as often as I like (especially from work!) its just not the same. we were apart during my pregnancy and she doesnt have her partner around (the Army sent him away) either so its especially hard for her right now! And I am sooooo LONELY! I have no one to talk to at work (except you guys), DH doesnt finish work till 630-7 most nights so of course he comes home we have dinner have showers go to bed. I got maybe 5 words out of him yesterday. I think I am growing stupider by the day!!!
    Anyway - am off to do some housework and more fun stuff!! Have a great morning MWAH

Claire i will hopefully be stocking V3...if the silly women would ever get back to me then i can order stock in.

We had a good night. jas fed at 9pm and slept til 730am. Back in bed sleeping now.

We have needles due, but im really nto wanting to get them. Rotovirus would be the only thing id get, only because Chelsea had/still has it and Jasmine was a bit safer from getting it cos of the vaccine (well thats wat i think anyhow, my dr said the same thing).

We have a check up on Friday...see how much my lil babe is

Rebecca in regards to BMI and it saying your obese.....i really think BMI is a silly thing. It doesnt take into account anything but ur height and weight. ive never really liked BMI but so many people base things around it. I used to be in the NSW Police and they were really anal about it! theres a fine line between the different terms 'obese', 'overweight'. Im sure u look fine....dont be thrown because of you BMI

For the FF how many bottles and mls are your babies drinking now? (and how often)
    Last edited by visitor1; February 27th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

Claire Guest

Kim - Great you're in the GDUNH! I had so much fun last year - plus I spent a bomb!

Kim- Caitlyn is FF - she has about 4 sometimes 5 bottles a day. I fill them with water to the 240 ml line but with the 4 scoops of formula it normally goes over the 260 line. She very very rarely drinks all of it. After her huge gap between feeds last night (6pm and then 145 am) she drank all but 40 ml. But I also make sure I give her water during the day!
    Hmmm...I dont think I look fine - I dont look huge or anything but I wanted to lose weight before I got preggers and now i am back to just a little below my pre preg weight. Want to shift some no matter what.
    Kim and Claire- Uhhhh what is GDUNH????

just ignore that last bit - looked on your site Kim and now it all makes sense

Its our first yr doing the GDUNH so its an exciting thing for us..PLUS on Saturday (when it starts) our new site is being launched...so the crappy one we have now will finally be goooooooooooooooone!!! I cant wait

Jas has 4 bottles a day 200ml each time...and sometimes leaves 20ml each time...but more often enough she drinks the bottle dry! Around every 4 hours. Last feed around 8/9pm...first feed around 8/9am. So has a huge over ngiht stretch!

Im still 7kg off pre Chelsea weight...then millions more kilos to goal weight!!!

Kim Maddi has 4 bottles a day 230mls after the scoops, she usually leaves 20-30mls.

becky Guest

Kim - Chels is having 5 ish bottles a day. Usually about 170 mls, give or take some. Did you used to be a policewoman?

Saffi - Enjoy the movies! Sounds great. I'll def have to try it sometime.

Claire - So glad the kiddies behaved for you and that you had a great time. Hope DS is ok and doesnt have an ear infection!

Well we didnt end up having too bad a night. After we eventually got her down at 10:45ish, she slept thru until 8:30 so I guess I cant really complain. Its only the screaming that gets to me really. Hasnt been too bad today, and is currently asleep! Liams at Kindy having a ball again. (Still miss him though!)
    I didnt think until now that Chels seemed ready for solids, but maybe that is her problem lately? Sounds dumb, but she seems to get sick of bottles!!?? Is hungry cause she hasnt eaten for ages, but then drinks some and just plays with it, spitting it out etc or pulling it away. Maybe I'll try some farex in the next few days and just see how she goes?

Im lighter than I was pre-Chelsea. And very very close to pre-Liam. (Doesnt excuse the flabby skin in front making things worse though! Do you not HATE that!!???) I havent been very good on my diet lately But all up I have lost 6.5kg. So still pretty happy with that.

Ok BBL, off to do some washing while little miss is asleep! Mwah.

Hi all!

K has come down with Joel's cold and I have a bit of it too so we are all a bit sad and sorry for ourselves! We had a fairly good night last night, we got another 8 hours between feeds, but with a couple of dummy calls needed in between. We are slowly getting there!

I am struggling to get K to stay up for an hour and a half or more. He gets cranky as soon as he has been awake for an hour and I have to lug him around everywhere to keep him happy. We went for a walk before using the Baby Bjorn just to stretch things out. At least it's making me get out of the house and moving!

I have lost 17kg since having K, I have 4kg to go and I am pre-preg weight (yes I STACKED it on, I did with Joel too), but I am pretty happy with where I am at weight-wise now. IKWYM Becky about the saggy skin! I wish there was something that could be done!!

Becky - Glad you had a better night last night. Enjoy your time off while Liam is at DC!

Kim - Glad to hear Chelsea is better. Your girls are such good sleepers! I agree with you on the BMI, it can really stress people out unneccessarily.

Rebecca - That's so good you had another successful night! Ignore the word "obese"! I'm sure you are not, it is so hard to lose the kilos when you are looking after a bub. It took me 9 months to shed the kilos after I had Joel. You will get there!

Claire - Wow, Harry is a fantastic weight! Glad to hear your kids were pretty well behaved on the flights. Hope Harry doesn't have an ear infection!

Mo - That toy centre sounds cute! I'm going to try K in his Jolly Jumper soon, we're running out of things for him to do!!

Saffi - Have fun at the movies! Let us know what it's like.

Leah - It's so sad when they grow out of clothes! I put Kieran in a size 0 the other day and it fit!!

Amber - Sorry to hear Myles hasn't been sleeping so well . Hopefully if it's his teeth it will stop bothering him soon.

I have a question (a dumb one ) - K was born on the 31st of October, so when is he officially 4 months this month??? Hopefully my ticker will tell me LOL!

Hi!

We are doing pretty well. Still feeding over night, generally has a feed before I go to bed at 9.30pm-10.00pm then feeds again at about 1.30am then sleeps through till about 4.30am/5.00am then up for the day at 8am. No dummy calls or settling in between feeds so pretty happy with that.

Days are pretty good most of the time. He generally sleeps 1.5-2hrs but often has a carp sleep where I can't resettle him and that's usually about 1 hour. So getting better I guess. He's generally up for 1.5 hours, sometimes a bit longer if he's coping OK. Soon as I see his tired signs, straight to bed. I don't think it'll be too long before he can cope with 2 hours! They grow up so fast...

Trish - sorry to hear K isn't well. Hope you are both on the mend soon. Glad to hear your nights are improving, how are his day sleeps going? Holy cow - 17kg??!! That's amazing! I'm pretty much down to pre-prg/pre IVF weight so am pretty happy. Could lose about 4kg more and I'd be feeling fantastic! But don't have the time or energy for much exercise at the moment, maybe when L is a bit older I'll go back to the gym.

Rebecca - the 'obese' label is thrown around a bit too much these days I think. And I agree, the BMI isn't a very good indication, it doesn't take into account someone's overall build. My DH for example is a huge guy (build wise) and 110kg is pretty light for him!

Kim - very tempted by the GDUNH but am going to pass! Have heard how addictive it can be and I just don't have the cash!

Becky - I'm glad your night improved. We had a week of that, every time we'd try to put him down for the night he'd just cry, took me over an hour to settle him. Thankfully seems to be passing, he's been good the last two nights.

Hi eveyone,
    Hope you are all having a great day.
    We had another good night last night. I was relieved because yesterday was a shocker. Ethan would only sleep for 30 min and then would whinge and cry unless he was sitting on my lap. You would have thought that I chopped his left arm off the way he was carrying on every time I left his room yesterday. He seems a bit better today.

Maybe it was teething. He has a lump in his top gum to the side a bit. I thought that they got the front bottom teeth first but I don't know.

Anyway he is waking up so I'd better go.
    Have a great day all.

well Tyron has decided to cut his first tooth already! at 4 1/2 months old!!
    he has been dribbling heaps and a bit more clingy than normal but last night i noticed his gum looked about ready to cut a tooth. thismorning i can feel the tip through his gum.
    dunno if i mentioned it b4 also Ty decided about a month ago he didnt want the dummy. just kept spitting it out everytime. so he no longer has one! BUT nix still has one @ bedtime and want to get him off it just after his bday. even more so now he wont be seeing any of tyrons around hoping that helps.

Claire- yep got the harness thing & i use it but what happened at playgroup was a freak accident. we are in a room securely locked, it was when ppl started leaving the door was opened and not shut. oh i was hoping Harry didnt have an ear infection, hope it clears up soon.

trish- sorry to hear youve all coped it. in regards to carrybing K when he gets tired, do u have a carrier like HAB or baby bjorn u could put him in so u have your hands free? WTG on the weight loss, ive stalled a bit now git 3kg before my pre pg weight but wanna go a few kgs more than that too.

Happy 4months yesterady Jasmine! Happy 4months today Lachlan (saffi)
    ok better go bit hard trying to type & feed while Ty is squirming!

Willow might be hard but you can do the hunt and not spend money...never know..might win yourself a prize!!

I need sleep...im so drained right now. I hate sickness!

No teeth in sight here.....Chels never got her first til bit over 6 months old.

Cool

Hey all!

Oh geez I haven't been in here in forever!

Umm.. where shall I start.

At his 4 month needles, Elijah was 8.4kg, now in size 0
    not quite rolling, but he's sooo close! He goes from his back to his side, is ALMOST to the point of rolling the whole way and his arm gets stuckso he rolls back onto his back. Been doing that for weeks now. Ah well...
    He's cutting a front bottom and a molar. Yep, a molar. You can see the white edges on the sides peeking through. Loves munching away on our fingers with our thumbs jammed as far back as he can possibly get them without him gagging.

Noice huh!?

What else...

Oh! He does this 'back crawl' thing where he basically squirms his way to whatever or whoever he wants. He also arches his back and pushes up with his legs when he wants you to pick him up. Very cute

Anyway, he's up now so I better go!

I'll pop in more often I think!

Willow - Sounds like L is doing well with his sleeps! K's day naps are all over the place. Some days he'll have great ones, other days he won't. I'm just trying to go with the flow! Well done on being pre-preg weight! I seem to put on a lot of weight in pregnancy, but I think it is because I am usually pretty skinny (borderline underweight on that darned BMI chart ) so my body must need to bulk up! After I had Joel I ended up losing 5kg more than pre-preg!!

Nic - Wow, I can't believe Tyron has cut a tooth!!! It sounds like he coped pretty well with it though, hopefully he copes that well with the rest of them! I do have a Baby Bjorn for K, but he gets really restless in it unless I go for a walk. It's easier to cart him around, but I think my arms will drop off soon lol!

Sarah - Welcome back! Glad to hear Elijah is doing so well. Wow, cutting a molar too! I didn't realise they could get a molar so early.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Trish~ View Post
    Sarah - Welcome back! Glad to hear Elijah is doing so well. Wow, cutting a molar too! I didn't realise they could get a molar so early.
    Yeah I know, I couldn't believe it either. Apparently molars can go up and down, hope that don't happen though, sounds very painful!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast