Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

Sarah-ewwwwwww teeth......ewwwwwwwww molar!!! Eeeeek sooooo not looking forward to that!! Welcome back!
    Mo-Meant to say much earlier on that we want one of those activity centres for Caitlyn. She puts so much weight on her legs now (please dont start moving just yet!!) even the ladies at daycare have mentioned it! She will stand and I will have my hands either side to support her from falling sideways but her little (chunky) legs hold her up for quite some time. So now that she has discovered this she doesnt like sitting and HATES lying down. So basically I sit on the couch holding her from falling sideways. Puts a big smile on her face though. We did pick something up from kmar that is very similar (nowhere else to look!) but when she sits in it, the way it is made she falls forward. She looks so uncomfortable. we tend to stuff a cloth nappy in the front to support her a little. I can't wait to get to Townsville in April to buy more stuff for her!!
    Anyway - am off to the Doc this afternoon - DH and I are desperate to find out if we can do anything in regards to my lack of sex drive. I am just not intersted at all - im not too tired - just have no interest in it (sorry if TMI). Hopefully a change of pill will do the trick poor DH keeps telling me he is going to DIE soon!! ha ha ha
    Hope you have all had good days - mwah

hello all

feeling a bit better today - got out of the house and all that.... and bought more baby clothes...

the good news is, i've lost all my preg weight (18kg), the bad news is that my body is weird. boy does it look different. i have lost heaps of muscle mass and am just a jelly thingo with 2 inches too much still on my waist. very odd this whole baby thing.

the little guy has decided he hates his dummy now and is always trying to make a beeline for boob when i'm settling him. gah... drastic measures are required i think. don't know what they are just yet.

bah - he's crying in teh swing... better go

Evening all,
    I am sitting here trying hard to ignore Ethan for a few minutes to allow him to self settle. We have moved on from the one arm wrapped thing to no arms wrapped and it is a big leap. I think Ethan keeps playing with his dummy while he is settling and then takes it out and can't get it back in which is why he is not going to sleep. Oh well, hopefully he will get the idea soon. Feeling really tired tonight and hubby is out for the night. Wont be home till late so I'm on my own with Ethan. Wish me luck girls.

Ni Night.

Hi all

Spent the whole day at the shops. We enjoyed the movie. I haven't seen so many prams and babies in the one place. Scary. It was a very interesting experience. L decided to crack up and I couldn't settle him in my seat so I had to go for a walk. Anyway 10 mins later he was asleep. Will go again. Saw Definitely Maybe - ok, nothing special.

Bought some clothes for L today as well. Just a few jumpsuits and some pants. It is starting to get cooler here and everything I have is summer.

Nickers - thanks for noticing L's birthday! Wow, congrats to Tyron for his first tooth breakthrough. I also can't believe a bub would go off a dummy. I wish L would - it would make my life so much easier.
    Trish - sorry to hear that you and K aren't well. Hope you get better soon.

Formula - L has about 200mls at a time. I also BF and give him EBM so FF is more of a supplement. I weighed him today and he is now 6.36kg! He's slowly catching up.
    Weight - I have another 4kgs to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have been fairly stable for the last couple of months so will need to take some more active measures to budge those last few kgs. Got the jelly belly too. Actually always had it but now is even flabbier feeling.

Didn't get much sleep overnight - partly because I slept so much in the afternoon that I wasn't tired at normal bedtime. So fed L at around 11.30. He just wouldn't go back to sleep. He was doing his flapjack thing. I'd put him down on his back and come back a few moments later he was on his front peering over the top of the bassinet at me! So cute but so frustrating!

Hope you all had a good day.

Saffi Happy 4mths Little L!!!!! Have been thinking of going to one of those movies but am a little apprehensive, was it really noisy?
    Rebecca let me know how the sex drive is, don't mean to pry but we are kinda in the same boat! And DH is driving me up the wall!
    Viv well done on loosing all your pregnancy weight! I am sure the "jelly belly" will eventually go! Its a amazing how much your body changes hey!
    Trish hope K gets better soon! Good work on loosing all your baby weight too! Gee I better stop going to the bakery
    Willow Myles is still waking at night for feeds! But your little man sounds perfect! Myles is up all the time at the moment!
    Nick wtg ty for cutting a tooth! I think Myles is going to soon! He has been really cranky and clingy! Time will tell!
    Kim I have signed up for the hunt but am still really confused as to what to do! I am really a blonde at heart lol!could you pm me and explain in lamens terms! Oh and cant wait till you Bum genius I will be buying from you definately! x
    Sarah great to hear from you! So glad Elijiah is doing well! Wow a molar! That must hurt hey! love the back crawl hehe!
    Alz good luck with the no wrapping tonight!
    Becky hope little chelsea feeds better for you!

Well not much happening here still! I am positive the lil man is getting teeth! Poor sausage! He seemed to sleep a bit better last night which was great!
    Weight is still not dropping off! Have been abit down lately so food is my pick me up! Not good!
    We have decide on a date and hopefully a venue for Myles naming day so now its time to do invites yay! Am trying to find a little cake figurine to go on top of his cake you know the cartoon kinda ones! Any ideas on where i could get one?
    Have just printed out the words to Morningtown ride by the seekers to sing to Myles at night! It reminds me of when I went to bed! Its such a cute song!
    But thats all form me!

Have a wonderful night sleep well bubbas!

Rebecca and Amber we are all in the same boat then. Craig and i went from 'cant get enough' to 'cant stand sex what so ever'...well for me anyhow. Every tiome we try to DTD i break down in tears cos i hate it so much, hate to be touched, kissed....its really bad. I have no want or desire at all. I most of the time allow it to happen cos i feel so bad for saying No all the time.

Amber will PM you

Becky i had 12 weeks to go before i graduated as a cop. Unfortunately i left due to my day being diagnosed with leukemia and he had to begin chemo...i was worried id loose him and it began takin a toll on my studies. But the fitness regimes they put you through are hard and they are very picky on weight and hip measurements!

Aww kim! I am sure Craig would understand if you didnt want to do it! But its hard not to feel guilty hey!

Omg I just heard this funny noise coming from Myles bedroom, so went in to have a look and he was still wrapped up but had rolled onto his tummy! Still fast asleep! He has never done this before! I have turned him back over cause I was worried but what if he does it again would he be alright?

x

becky Guest

Kim - Cool. That sux that you had to stop studying, although I completely understand why you did! And hugs to you about how your feeling! Im sure DH understands.

Amber - How scary!! Chels is yet to do that. Dont they say you should stop wrapping them when they can confidently roll over? (Not that that is liely to happen here. Chels wouldnt allow me to stop wrapping her for anything!) There is a little cake shop at Browns Plains that has heaps of little figurines and things. Thats where I got Chelsea from.

Saff - Glad to hear you had a great day! Shopping rocks!

Viv - I hear ya on the Jelly Belly! HATE IT! But is there really much ya can do short of surgery?

Our day wasnt too bad Apparantly Liam wasnt too good at Kindy today. Was a bit teary and kept asking for me. Poor little thing. I rang and checked on him so I picked him up early. Chels was ok today. Took about 20 minutes to get don tonight. Havent heard anything so far. Hoping it stays that way.

Night all!!

Claire Guest

Hi all,

Harry doesn't have an ear infection thankfully but instead has dry skin! DH has it too so maybe it's hereditry? Because we were there he had his needles done too - poor kid was alseep when she jabbed him in the leg - you could see how cross he was at me! The sites are really swollen this time and he's running a temp but other than that he's alright in himself. Had an extra waking overnight at 3am because I forgot to give him Panadol at 1am so won't forget tonight.

Sarah - WB! Molars - ya-ouch. I remember in my teens mine would come up and go back done again, really really painful. Bless him!

Amber - I think bubs woulds be OK if left, though anyone would turn their baby over if they saw that! Myles would either wake up when he couldn't roll back off his front again or would roll over and continue to sleep. I think once they start actually rolling themselves into those kind of positions the risks are a lot lower. But mind you with a wrap that could be a bit of a worry?

GDUNH - I'm determined to buy NO nappies, I have tons already! But I'm partial to organic cotton clothing and ACCESSORIES! I love accessories - could be anything really! I'm looking for something to go into the nappy pail with the napppies to neutrolise the smell upon opening.

Weight - I'm about a stone or 5-6kg's over pre, pre baby weight. I went and bought 2 new tops a few days ago and I can't wear them because of the tyre I'm carrying around. So I decided either I lose the weight or go up a dress size. Seeing as all the women in my family have left the smaller sizes behind a long time ago, I think I will shift this weight and prolong getting the infamous Thomas bottom for a few more years yet!

I'm going to venture out with the children to get some groceries - weather is rubbish. Did you hear about the earthquake in the UK? So weird!

Morning everyone! Is everyone having a sleep in???
    Well saw the Doc - he says that my lack of sex drive is perfectly normal after having a baby. He said subconciously you feel different about your body and yourself. I no longer see myself as this young woman who enjoys sex.....I am now a mother who knows the consequences of sex and that constantly thinks about the baby - nothing kills a sex drive than a crying baby. He also did explain that it was more than likely related to my PND and we are changing medications for that too. Also a combined hormonal contraceptive can do it so I am going to try the implanon. Never thought I would say that I can't wait for AF.
    Mind you DH hasnt actually spoken more than 6 words to me since Tuesday afternoon. I dont know what is going on and he wont talk to me so its just a matter of guess work. Its partly my fault as I just keep pushing him away but he wont talk to me when he has a problem. I am just the opposite - it helps me to talk. I keep thinking I am going to go home and he would have packed his stuff up and left. Last night was basically just tears tears tears for me. I dont know what is going to happen but somehow I dont think it is going to be good.
    Trying to keep my chin up today while I am at work but its very hard.
    Oh well - whats done is done hey and there is just nothing I can do about it anymore.
    I hope you girls are all having a lovely day - mwah

Went shopping & brought Maddi a high chair, same one as kim has.
    I'm also doing the nappy hunt & can't wait.

Rebecca good luck with the implanon. Sorry things are not good with your hubby, really hope it's just stress & things work out for you both

Claire glad Harry doesn't have a ear infection.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; February 28th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.

Omg I just heard this funny noise coming from Myles bedroom, so went in to have a look and he was still wrapped up but had rolled onto his tummy! Still fast asleep! He has never done this before! I have turned him back over cause I was worried but what if he does it again would he be alright?
    Same thing has been happening here! I just jumped on to post about it. It happened a few days ago before we even realised he had learnt how to roll, then yesterday he started rolling around everywhere (clever boy!) and it's happened twice last night and again this morning. I think he does it when he wakes though because I hear him crying really funny and when I go in, he's on his tummy but because he's wrapped, he can't lift himself up....bit of a worry but I don't know what to do about it either!

Rebecca - if it helps any,things aren't great between my DH and I at the moment either. We had a good chat about it this morning and both admitted we're not really happy with things the way they are between us but acknowledge that it's not a big deal and it will pass. It really is very common after having a new baby, we went through it with DD too but once the pressures of a new baby pass, things will get better. Promise! I didn't realise you had PND, that makes it even harder so just try not to stress too much about it. Hopefully the new medication will make a difference.
    Last edited by Willow; February 28th, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

Im sick

Since lunch yesterday ive gotten worse. Both girls are better though.

Ill be back when im 100% again

becky Guest

Rebecca - Im so sorry things are not great between you and hubby. There is so much pressure at the moment hey. i really hope you can work everything out, and you are all happy. Like Willow said, it will pass hopefully.

Willow - Sorry about your difficulties too. I have times when I just wanna kill DH too, but I know it will pass and I try and imagine things without him, and I cant.

Kim - Hope ya feel better soon. Must be what Chels had?? OK, Give up. What the heck is GDUNH????

We are all ok here. Not really anything to report. Same old same old.
    BBL
    Last edited by becky; February 28th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Claire Guest

Sorry to hear about your troubles Rebecca - DH and I abstained throughout most of the pregnancy because of the previous late miscarriage. It's really put a dampener on our sex life because the libido has gone, more of my side than his. I just don't have the enthusiasm right now. We do have sex but it's not the way it used to be, feels quite awkward to be honest.

But we keep the lines of communication open and that's helped us stay close emotionally. I know it will get better for us but in this place in time my energies are tuned into my children. I'm sure once Harry starts sleeping through the night again I will get some of the pizaaz back.

Got Harry the happy hurler weighed and measured yesterday. He's 7.19kg, head circ of 43cms and wait for it.....................66.5cms long. The tyke has grown 4 cms in 5 weeks!!!!

guys thanks for your support. I know that we need to keep communication open....but DH shuts down within himself when there is a problem. I asked him yesterday what was wrong and he told me to forget about it. So I asked him if it was me he said that it was partly me, partly work. I asked if there was anything I could do he said no. That was the extent of our talking laast night.
    But I am home now and his stuff is still here - from what I can see so we are still on so far. I just dont know what to do except wait. I am the talkative one - when I have a problem I need to talk about it otherwise i just bottle it up and end up a emotional/physical wreck.
    I just hope it passes. I know I snap at him sometimes but fight,,,,,,not in ages. Maybe he thinks that is a fight? I dont know - just wish he would talk to me.

I have food poisoning

GDUNH is Great Down Under Nappy Hunt- you sure through online stores to find nappy icon and you can win prizes for finding them.

I get Jasmine weighed and measured tomorrow...i think she is gunna be a plump size and super long!

Afternoon all

Well nothing much is happening in here is there. Life is very dull atm. Consisting of feeding, sleeping (me and L), and play time for L and housework for me. Ho hum.

Kim - get better soon Food poisioning isn't pleasant. Do you know what caused it?
    Rebecca - sorry to hear of your woes. Hopefully your DH will snap out of it and tell you what the problem is. Communication is important but you need to have communication back, don't you!
    Amber - L has only taken flipping onto his tummy after I stopped wrapping him. It is a worry but I guess he will cry out if in distress.
    Yes, the movie was a little noisy with bubs crying at one time or another but could still hear the movie soundtrack. Wouldn't want to go to a movie with heaps of screaming or gun shots that could wake bubs, but the sounds didn't seem to worry L.

Have started reading up about introducing solids. Bought a book by Robin Barker. I find her advice in Baby Love really practical so thought it should be pretty good too. Interesting to see all the baby food books in the store. Interested in the book Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote. Saw her featured on Oprah too. Another book was titled "Don't Supersize me Mum!" (or something similar) -bit of a worry that people need books to be told about what causes obesity in kids. Another guilt trip for the already harassed parent!

Bought myself a personal labeller machine. I am going to have so much fun labelling everything! Figured when L goes to daycare everything will need to be labelled so got one when I saw it on special. Does anyone have an in-car bottle warmer? We have got one for our trip away, but also seem to be feeding L in the back of the car a lot when out and about.

BBL

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast