Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #20

On Tuesday night we had some friends over for tea. We ordered in some chinese. There was heaps left over, so i had some for lunch yesterday and have been sick since.

We have a in car bottle warmer...and it doesnt work.....or if it does u need to put the bottle in at least 45 mins BEFORE you need it...(no joke). Think its made by Playgro or something like that?

Kim hope you feel better soon.

Saffi where did u buy your bottle warmer from & how much was it?

Mo - we got it off e-Bay. It is Cherub brand. It hasn't arrived yet so can't say if it works well or not, but it cost $17 including postage.
    Kim - dodgy chinese food! I bet you won't be getting food from there again. Thanks for the note re the bottle warmer. I will have to test it out before we need it. Can't imagine having L screaming for 45 mins for his bottle to warm!

Evening all!

Kim - Oh no, food poisoning! I hope you get better soon you poor thing. Keep those fluids up!

Saffi - Your life sounds as exciting as mine lol! I feel like all I am doing is feeding/playing/putting down for a nap/resettling over and over again!

Rebecca - Sorry you are having problems atm with your DH. It is very normal for relationships to get rocky after having a bub. I wish men could understand how it feels to be a mum! Would your DH be open to counselling?

Claire - Wow, Harry's a great size!

Willow - Clever L learning to roll! K hasn't rolled much since he started last week. He is so chubby I think it's too much effort for him lol!

Mo - Love the new photo of Maddi!

Amber - Glad you had a better night last night. I hope tonight is fantastic!

Hope everyone is well, I'll be back on tomorrow if my life gets a bit more exciting!!

Well....DH is talking to me tonight. he says work was really on top of him yesterday and he just didnt want to talk. Will see. Of course he has gone out to a call out now and wont be home for another hour - briliant.
    Anyway on the advice of a friend of mine (luv ya Taz) I decided to print out some information on PND and leave it somewhere so he can see and hopefully read it so that he can understand what is going on.
    We have one of those playgro bottle warmers too. We just put it in about 2-2.5 hours since her last feed and it is normally alright and ready when she wants it. Its going to get a fair workout in April when I drive back to townsville.
    Anyway - I am going to go and have a bath - something that I havent done since before C was born. Will go and have a soak.
    Night all!
    MWAH

LizzysMum Guest

Hi everyone,

Rebecca - fair enough if your Houdini is ecsaping LOL - I can see why you want to lose the wrapping. If you think its just that it isn't strong enough try a cot sheet. If I use a smaller wrap Miss A will get out but she has never managed to get out of a cot sheet wrap.

Trish - yep we are in mostly 0's for all in ones and 00 for separates here now! I am knitting her pants for winter and they are a 0 size.
    Alos Trish of you are carying bub for ages you may want a btter carrier than a Baby Bjorn, they are unconfortable for long periods because they change your centre of gravity. Carriers like Mei Tais and Ring Slings are more comfy because they don't change you COG when worn properly. I can carry A in my Mei Tai for hours if needed. If you want more info just PM me and I will give you some links

Saffi - glad you are getting something out of the Robin barker book, wish I had known you wanted it as i have a copy here you could have had for free. I disagree with most of her ideas so its no use to me. I only used it for the food recipes. How is the eating going?

Kim - hope you are over the sickness - food poisoning is the worst!

Hope eveyone else is well and happy,
    Night!

becky Guest

Hohum....
    Another boring one here. Not a lot too report. Went shopping tonight. Got Liams hair cut. He cried again. LOL.

Ummmm..... not much else. (How exciting!)

How strange am I, been planning what my next bubs names are gonna be! I dont plan on having these babies for at least another 3-4years, but hey! Anyone else thought this far ahead? At the moment, its gonna be Sophie Mia Jayde for a girl and Aiden Cody Something for a boy. Sad me..... Anyone tell that I am bored?? HEHE.

Oh, just wanted to say too... All you Mummies who are feeling down in the dumps.... YOU ROCK!! Seriously, if you ever feel depressed, look at your little ones and see the amazing life you have created, and if they ever smile (which Im sure they do), know that it is because they are HAPPY, so you must be doing something right! When days get tough, think of the future, trust me, Ive said it before but there is nothing better in this world than when they run up to you for a cuddle and kiss and say "Love you." I think each and every one of us are doing an AMAZING job, it shows in everything we say and do. And you have all been such a wonderful support for me and every one else on here! Just wanted to give everyone a pep talk! LOL.

Night night all!

Don't know what is going on with Mr Grumpy-pants (L) atm. Feeling very rejected as he doesn't want the boob. Don't know...

Rebecca - so are you saying your bottle warmer takes about 30 mins or so to heat up? I can see I am going to need to be better organised.
    Leah - don't intend to start L on solids until he's closer to 6 months, but just reading up now and of course looking at the recipes. Can I ask what in particular you don't agree with?
    Becky - thanks for the pep talk LOL. Wow you are getting in early with #3's name. They both sound like really nice names. What about Ryan as a second middle name? I like Mia as a name too.

Anyway L seems to have calmed down so will head back to bed.

See you in the morning (later in the morning)

Morning all,
    How are we all today? Me? Not too bad. DH looked after Ethan all night last night cause I felt really off but am much better now.

Becky - thanks for what you said. I needed to hear that. I know I should stop feeling sorry for myself and enjoy bub because he is a miracle. As for thinking of the next bubs names, I have been doing that for a while. But we are going to start trying when Ethan turns 1. If it is a girl we are going to call her Isabella Rose or Amelia Grace and if it is a boy we will probably call him Callum Daniel. It will probably change because we were going to call Ethan Isaac Andrew but when we saw him we decided he didn't look like an Isaac and Ethan suited perfectly.

Anyway we have had a busy week and have a busy weekend coming up with Ethan getting Baptised on Sunday, so we are having a quiet one today. Hopefully E will sleep well so I can get this dump cleaned up.

Have a great day everyone.
    Keep smiling!!!!

Claire Guest

I put Emily done for her sleep last night without a nappy on and she was dry this morning. Even took herself off to use the loo before she came into a tell me! I'm so proud of her! WTG my little girl! Sticker charts work wonders!

Rebecca - I think most women are more talkative than their partners. I know that sometimes when my DH comes in from work I can talk non stop whilst he's more quiet. I make a point of asking him about his day and trying to give him some space to talk about it and just listen to him. Sometimes a beer can help. I think men can get quite quiet when they are having stress at work, maybe he feels he doesn't want to off load it all on you because he feels he should be the strong one?

Becky - that's a lovely pep talk! And you're so right - us mummies are doing a wonderful job. The way I see it with my DH is that our time will come again, I've made a committment to our marriage and at the moment our relationship has changed to nurture our children. When they are a little older, we can go back to nurturing ourselves.

Has anyone read Stephen Biddulph's The Secret of Happy Children? Well he says that in order of importance that you have the responsibilty to 1) take care of yourselves, 2) take care of your relatioship, 3) take care of your kids!

Wondeful idea but in this home easier said than done! I generally come in at thrid place around here!

Good morning all!
    Lizzysmum- I have been using a cot sheet for a little while now. Don't know if its the way I wrap (and I have tried several ways) or what but she still gets out, or at least squirms and wriggles enough that she can get one hand to her mouth. She seems to be doing really really well with just the one arm out at night. She slept from 6 until 1250 last night then up for a feed, a little unsettled but I still got her down at 130 and then she was up again at 530. So I am happy with that - just dont know if its because she is on solids now or if its the one arm out thing. Will just have to go with the flow. Oh - and if you are still offering that book......I am interested. I will pay for it. there are no bookshops around and I havent seen anything online liek that.
    Claire- Thanks for you words of support. I do always ask him how his day went and often he will rant for a little while, calm down and then ask how mine was. Just the past couple of days it has been tense. I wish a beer would help. He doesnt drink at home in case something happens and he needs to drive or has to look after C. He refuses alcohol if C is around. When he does go out with the boys and drink thou..............wooohoo. you are right in respect to the whole "strong one" theory. DH ios 6ft 3 and built like a brick *****house. and he thinks with the big size comes the responsibility to bear all the weight. I told him that he needs to unload onto me sometimes especially if I thought he was going to leave me because he had been so quiet. He ***** himself then, gave me a huge hug, said sorry and then unloaded things onto me. It was good and cathartic for him I think. And then....well...lets just say the drought broke!!
    Oh we have already picked our boys name (DH says the next one WILL be a boy - ha ha ha!) - Jacob Leslie. Leslie is DH's middle name, his dads name and his dads dads name. Only problem with that is that it is my brothers middle name and my mums dads name and mum now hates the name and wishes my bro would drop it. Long story that one! But we will start trying again at the end of 2009. DH wants to earn enough so that I dont have to go back to work and can be a SAHM and take care of the kiddies.
    Anyway - was going to have a coffee but the milk is off so am trying to think what else I can drink that has a little caffeine in it!! Have a good day all mwah
    Last edited by Rebecca77; February 29th, 2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Forgot!!!

Back again

Rebecca - I have heard somewhere that men like to have some quiet time after work to reflect on the day etc. I have noticed this in DH. Fortunately my DH has a 30 min drive home so he gets his "me" time prior to coming thru the door and me bombarding him with questions and chatter. Don't know if there is any truth to this.
    Alz - hope the baptism goes well.

I have started to make L's transition from the bassinet to the cot. I initially just put him in the cot. He seemed so small in it. Anyway he wouldn't settle so I have put the bassinet into the cot. I figure I will get him used to looking the other way for a few days, then work on putting him on the cot mattress etc. I have also introduced a cuddly (a small Winnie the Poo bear with a soft square of fabric attached to its back). I figure that it might be a sleep aide to assist him in the transition to the cot. But am I doing the right thing doing this? Am I introducing another variable that must be included when he sleeps and will cause issues if it isn't there, like the dummy? Has anyone done this?

BBL

becky Guest

Claire - I loe your outlook on everything! You have the exact right attitude! At the moment our babies depend on us for everything so it is only natural to have to give them the bulk of our attention. As long as your relationship is strong enough, and you are still always there for each other, everything will be ok!

Saffi - I quite like Ryan but our nephew is called Ryan, and not an overly nice kid, so I always think of him. LOL (Dont ya hate that.) Hmmmm... guess I still have a while to decide. LOL. Have you had any more luck with L feeding?

Rebecca - Im glad to hear you guys are sorting things out! Must be a huge relief!

Ok I'll be back later too.. X

Evening everyone!

We had a pretty boring day, did a little shopping and Joel went to kinder again. This time he only cried on the way there! He was going to cry when we got there, but he saw there were some builders climbing ladders and hammering (Joel's idea of heaven) and he forgot all about his tears LOL! While Joel was at kinder I watched Lost that DH taped for me last night. It was so nice to watch a show uninterupted!!

Kieran has been going between 7.5 and 8 hours between feeds for the last 3 or 4 nights which is great. He still wakes a couple of times in between, but he is easy to resettle. I'm looking forward to him not waking in between now!

Saffi - I think introducing a toy for bedtime is a great idea! I'm sure it won't cause problems for you and may make it easier if he has to sleep elsewhere sometimes. Kieran has a favourite toy already, it is a soft caterpillar that plays a lullaby, he gives a huge smile and grabs when you hand it to him...awww...

Rebecca - Glad you cleared the air with your DH, communication really works doesn't it!

Claire - WTG Emily on staying dry o'night! Joel still doesn't stay dry every night (probably 50% of the time he is dry) so I haven't piffed the o'night nappies yet. Besides, we have a huge packet to get through yet so we may as well use them!

Alz - Best of luck with Ethan's baptism on Sunday! Let us know how it all goes.

Becky
    - Really well said last night! So so true.

Leah - Thanks for the sling suggestions, I will Google them later tonight. My back is KILLING me from lugging the big boy around all the time!

Kim - I hope you are feeling better today!

Willow - Hope all is well with you and L.

Viv - Hope you are having a better time with J.

Amber - Hope Myles is sleeping a bit better for you again! I love your new ticker pic BTW, so cute!!

Hi to anyone I've missed! Hope you all have a great night

Dr thinks i may have gall stones now. Have to have u/s next week.

Claire Guest

Kim - I had suspected gallstones at the beginning of my pregnancy with Harry - oh my, it was incredibly painful. But by the time I was seen they thought I had passed it/them. Thankfully I've never had it since! you have my sympathies!

Rebecca - I'm glad the drought is over!!

Names - I'm always choosing names - I love the name Abigail Rose and for a boy hmmm that's more of a toughie; I like Jonathan currently. I quite like traditional names, I'm a bit boring.

Becky - That's a nice thing to say thanks!

Hi everyone

It's been a while....nothing much happening around here. Max had a bad night last night so just posting quickly so I can HOPEFULLY get a better sleep tonight.

Rebecca Glad to hear things are now better with your DH. I can totally sympathise. My DH really likes to keep his mouth shut. It makes it VERY hard sometimes. I'm learning I have to say things in a special way to get him to open up to me. Boys....unemotional buggers! (well some anyway!)

NAMES - I have ALWAYS wanted to name a little girl Amelia but DH doesn't like it! So it could come down to Emily coz it's kind of similar. DH likes the name Abigail, and it means fathers joy! I haven't thought of other boys names yet. I got to use the one I like!

Anyway, I think i'm out of here....my eyes are getting heavy!

Take care everyone

Rebecca glad things are better with your DH.

Kim

Trish Glad K is sleeping better for you, Happy 4 months to K for yesterday

Alz - Good luck with Ethan's baptism.

Names- i like so many girls name but only a few boy names.
    We decided Well actually I decided we are not finding out the sex next time, so i think we will choose the name after-wards.

The GDUNH is driving me nuts already lol.

Hope everyone is well

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast