Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #21

Rebecca - Do you have one of those stick blender thing-o's? I just pureed everything (for Joel) with one of those. I made stewed apples and pears and mashed every kind of vegetable with it. When bub gets older you can just mash stuff with a fork so they get a bit of texture. I used to freeze everything in ice cube trays, then transfer them into snap lock bags and pull them out as I needed them. Much cheaper than buying jarred stuff!

becky Guest

Thats it!! Im over it!! I HATE DUMMIES!!!!!

We had the worst night in the history of Chelsea Monique last night! Ok, I am seriously not exaggerating here. Put her down at 8. Then at 9.30 she wakes up and I re settle her. then, she wakes up every 15-20 minutes, until 3.30!!! SERIOUSLY! Then she slept for an hour, woke up at 4.30, back to sleep, then wide awake at 6!!! I seriously got 2 hours sleep!! She wasnt in pain or anything (although I did give her a bit of Panadol), just kept unwrapping hersaelf and knocking the dummy out!!!
    So today, thats it!! I am no longer giving her a dummy, or wrapping her! It was ridiculous last night, so things surely couldnt get any worse! So far, she has had 1 sleep this morning - unwrapped, and she slept (eventually - with me patting her) for about 40 minutes. Its a start I guess! About to put her down again so wish me luk!

Im also in the process now of taking dummy away from Liam too! He keeps biting them and they have to be thrown out almost every day (we have a heap). I think he is down to his last 2, so I havent given him any all day. Keep reminding them that they are broken! We'll seee.......

Trish - Dont ya love kids, they get too excited to keep secrets hey! I remember doing that myself a few times when I was young. Hope DH has a great birthday, and Joel feels better soon!

alz - Clever DS!! Glad the Baptism went well!!

Glad it sounds like most of you had a reasonable night! Wish me luck this arvo!!

Trish she had the rice cereal & apple and loved it, then she was chucky the whole day. So i didn't give her any the next day & she was fine.
    So I'm holding off for awhile longer.
    Think we may skip the rice cereal & goto the veggies when she is close to or 6 months.
    Thanks for asking

We did buy a solid starter kit from safeway, comes with 2 trays to freeze her baby food & they are the right portion size, Also comes with a little book on what food to start her on first & when to increase her meals etc...

Rebecca-I'm interested to know as-well.

Got my MCN's in the mail today, can't wait till Friday when i can order some more lol.

LizzysMum Guest

Trish - you probably won't find and Ergo at a baby shop as far as I know. Best is to try and find someone near you that has one. Through this forum or any others you go on, do you use cloth nappies, if so maybe try Nappycino?? I am pretty sure if it is not right for you Sue will refund you anyway as long as it is in the new conditon.

I have always made my baby food when Eliza was a bubba. I used to puree stuff but that does not last for long. Then I would steam a huge batch of diced veges and freeze them in portions. When you thaw them the water makes it go mushy for you and I would add ricotta or tomato or cheese, maybe some soup pasta or cous cous, Eliza loved it. She eats eveything now, even stuff like broccoli and eggplant.

Must run E needs me,

Leah - I might do a ring around before heading out then. I know Babies Galore stock them, but we don't have Babies Galore in VIC, I was hoping other baby shops might stock them too. I really want to try one on and see the colours in person first! Oh well, maybe I'll just have to buy one online and cross my fingers LOL! What colour is yours and are you happy with it?

Mo - Bummer the rice cereal didn't agree with Maddi! Oh well, not long until she turns 6 months!!

Becky - Blurrgh, your night sounded terrible! Good luck tonight without the wrap and dummy tonight! Let us know how she goes.

Have a great night everyone

Trish if you go to the ergo site it has a list of stockist! i got mine from a shop up here in Qld surely Vic would have them! Hope K is alright after his jabs!

Mo have a ball at moomba! Dh is soo jealous! We may go next year!

Becky hope chels is better for you tonight welcome to the no sleep club! Sucks hey!

Rebecca we will be making our own food! You could just use a masher if you didnt have a blender! We got a stick blender from aldi it was like $6 bargin!

Well not much going on here except Myles is up nearly every 2 hrs which is driving me insane! I miss my sleep so much!

He is aslo kinda belly crawling which is cool! I think he will crawl before he sits up
    sorry if this doesnt make sense I am just sooo tired!
    Anyway will bbl have a good night!

Hey all

Busy day. Went to a workshop with a whole lot of other mums. They had organised day care for bubs too. Was interesting to see how L went without me. Didn't sook or anything, but I think at this age they haven't formed that deep emotional attachment.

Rebecca - I got a stick blender for my b'day for that exact reason. I have made hummus, a peach mousse, frappicinos and whipped stuff with it so far. I can't wait until I can puree stuff. I got one with a whisk attachment and also a bowl.
    Becky - sorry you had a carp night. I guess if you are going to do it then doing the wrapping and dummy at once is a good way to go. At least get the pain over with in one. Hope it is getting better for you.
    Alz - good to hear that baptism went well. Poo that you got sick tho.

Bottle warmer turned up yesterday. Forgot to take it down to the car and I really could have used it today. Also bought a portacot for our trip up north which also turned up yesterday. Been putting L in it to get used to it.

L's shots were yesterday. He had the briefest of cries when the needles went in and then totally forgot about them. He seems to have been really good overnight and today. Doesn't a fever or anything which I am happy about.

House looks like a bomb has hit it. Need to do some housework..... tomorrow.

Later!
    Last edited by Saffi; March 4th, 2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

Hi everyone

It's been pretty busy lately for us!

We had mothers group today and I had all the girls and bubs over at my place. It was a nice day for it, had a good time, but am pretty tired now!

Becky Good luck getting rid of wrap and dummy! Hope things get better for you.

Carriers I have a bjorn and I like it...it is one of the ones with the back support though. I like the material it is made from, and judging by the slobber mark on the front, Max likes it too! I use it to do the food shopping.

Rebecca I plan on making my own baby food. I have a stick blender which comes with different attachment thingys like whisk and little bowl thingy (same as Saffi by the sounds) which is good, and not expensive either. I have already made steamed some carrots and frozen in the freezer tray thingys for when the time comes.

I was out the other night and Mum was holding on to Max. I turned around and she had given him a taste of a potato WEDGE! Thing was....he LOVED it! He was sucking away on it like he'd always eaten it! I'm still going to wait until 6 months to start the food though. Not long now!

Still no rolling here (Maybe there is something about the 12th of October Leah) but I am pretty sure that Max is going to be sitting before he rolls! He loves his bumbo and he loves sitting on the chair. He leans forward and is getting better at balancing.

Max is pretty close to the 8kg mark so I turned around his car seat the other day! It says it can be done from 8kg to 18kg. He likes it so much better.... he doesn't have to lean forward like he was AND he can now reach his toy!

I booked Max in for his swimming lessons the other day....starts on the 17th....SO EXCITED!

Anyway.... I am off to laze on the chair with DH

Hope everyone has a good night. SLEEP TIGHT!
    Last edited by YoYo; March 4th, 2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: forgot something...

LizzysMum Guest

Trish my Ergo is Cranberry and black. I like the new Retro Green Limited Edition Sue has on her site, very spunky! Of the plain colours I like the blue or the cranberry.

We love the Ergo. I should get my Scootababy this week to WOOT! It is similar to an Ergo but a hip carry style. Good for quick in and out of preschool drop offs, shops and for when they are older and are up, down, up, down etc etc.
    The Ergo is best for longer periods and sleeping in though.

Good luck!

Oh and I had Amara weighed today and she is 6.9kg!!! Eliza weighed 7.4kg at 8 and a half months so I have 2 very different bubbas!

i did the same with Nixon as a few have suggested regarding prep of solids.
    However ofcourse i use tupperware!! They have these great ice cube trays that have a silicon notch on the bottom so you can pop just one cube at a time out. You can mix up different things in different trays then pop a few cubes of each out.
    from memory after the rice cerial it was 1 fruit of vege at a time.
    i would give only that to him for a few days ina row before introducing another food just to be sure there were no reactions to the foods introduced.

soooo saves time once they have a variety of foods to make up batches and be prepared, i still do vegies cubes for Nixon and its great to just add a few to whatever else i have for him on the night.

Tyron now has 2 teeth! the second one came through a few days after the first. he's been a bog grizzly on and off and they seem to be coming up fast.

anyway well past my bed time, i dont think that evening coffee helped me to go to bed!

Maddi still has no teeth, but i'm happy to wait for the teething for the stage.

Amber-How are you doing with the nappy hunt?

Kim-Hope you doing better.

Becky-Hope you had a better night.

Hi ladies,
    How is everyone going???
    WOW... These babies are growing up too fast! I've had a look at your signature photos and the changes are just amazing!
    How is everyone finding mother hood 4-5 months down the track??? I'm LOVING every minute of it! Tiera is just a fabulous baby!!! She has found her voice and loves to squeal!!! lol I went to the clinic to get her weighed last week and she 6.75kg!!!! What a fatty dumb She's still sleeping through the night (9pm - 7am then back to sleep until 9am-10am ish), but is sleeping more through day now. I'm still breastfeeding and just loving it. Someone once told me it was addictive, didn't really understand it at the time, but certainly do now. Tiera is still thriving on the breast, so I'm not starting any solids until 6mths.
    Tiera is now rolling both ways (tummy to back, back to tummy) and wiggles her way across the floor. She puts EVERYTHING she can get her little hand on straight in her mouth! She is still a little sticky beak and I can't feed her when people walk into the room, cuz she just wants to turn around and stare at them!

As for me everything is going pretty well. STILL having trouble with my tear (now scar). Went back to my OB/GYN and have been refered to a colin surgeon in Newcastle which I can't get into until June. She still may operate on the front end if the pain hasn't stopped in a few months time. Four months on and DTD is extreamly painful and doesn't happen too often because of it. But it is all worth it in the end. I'm just greatful I have such a happy and healthy baby girl!

So.... Has anyone got another one on the way, or looking at trying for another one anytime soon???
    We're not looking at having another one until Tiera is 3yrs old, so will start trying somewhere around her 2nd b'day (which I"m sure will come around before I know it). Trying to get my brother and hi wife to have a baby next year so I can have a fix in between!! lol

Well, now I've written a novel I better go and face the day!
    Take care all.
    xxx

Morning...

Been a while since i popped in.

Lauren....your not working now? Did i miss something? Welcome to SAHMotherhood!

Rebecca- Only food i made was the vegies...the rest was canned stuff until Chelsea was old enough to begin eating our food without being mashed! They say to introduce vegies first rather then fruit because fruit is sweet and babies get hooked on it faster making it harder to get vegies into them....not sure how true it is. Chelsea will only eat pumpkin and potato.

Im feeling much better now....was a severe gastro bug in the end..not gall stomes...stupid dr. I am now however dealign with severe AF cramping so been makign me bit off sorts.

Nappy hunt....driving me bonkers...i gave up looking.....which reminds me..have ot move icon tonight...been alot of cheating going on

I cant remember what anyone else has said so huge apoligies.

I have Jasmines check up next week now cos i was sick on Friday. Also due for needles but dont want to do them.

Hi everyone!

We went to the health centre today for the 4 month check and K is now 7.08kg the big boof! He is also 66.5cm long. He has put on 865g and grown 4.5cm in a month! The MCHN said I can start him on Farex if I want because he is waking a couple of times o'night still (not that I'm feeding him, just resettling, but it is frustrating!).

K is doing cute little squeals and if I squeal at him he will squeal back, we do it over and over and it is so adorable! The MCHN said that most bubs start doing that at 6 months, but I'm a bit skeptical, I'm sure it's not that unusual. Also if I raise my arms up and say "Yay!" K will flap his arms up and down and smile, so funny

Question of the day: What is your favourite thing to do with your bub? One of my favourite things is bathtime, as soon as we walk into the bathroom he breaks out into a huge grin and he giggles his head off as I undress him, aww... He has a great time kicking his fat legs and looks like the happiest baby in the world. So what do you all love doing with your bub?

Kim - Glad to hear you are getting better, I'm glad you don't have gallstones.

Tiff - Great to hear from you, I'm glad you and Tiera are doing well

Nic - I can't believe Tyron has two teeth already!!! At least your getting them all out of the way! The MCHN said K's gums are a bit swollen so he may pop one out soon too.

Leah
    - I just checked out Scootababy's, they look fantastic! Such a great idea for quick trips. I'd better stop looking at carriers or I'll get addicted too lol! I'm going to check out the Ergos tomorrow at Baby Bunting, they are listed as a stockist and there's one not too far away from me. If I am happy with it I will go ahead and buy one from your friend. Hope you get some commission

Julia - K has only rolled a few times and doesn't seem that interested in doing it much. Enjoy a baby who stays in one spot while he can!

Saffi - What was the workshop you went to about? Glad L handled his needles well.

Amber - Thanks for the info, I finally found the stockist list on the Ergo site, can't wait to go try one out! I hope Myles starts sleeping a bit better for you again soon.

Have a great day everyone!

I have 2 fave things I like to do with Tiera..... 1 is feeding her. I love it of a morning DH brings Tiera into me and lays her beside me. She gives me a BIG smile and then goes straight onto the breast. I watch in amazement as she feeds. I just can't get over how much I love her!
    The other thing is play time.... I too squeal back at Tiera and she squeals at me! I think it is the cutest thing!
    I love massaging her as well! Oh dear..... I'm totally in love!!! lol

Trish- i got my ergo at baby bunting. Have seen them in the narre warren, bentleigh and the northern suberbs shops. (Yup i get around!)

ETA- That is a shockin pic of me! It's a girl from the nappy threads' website. I took it to show her how great a fit the nappy was. Should have at least put some makeup on or done my hair! Didn't know it was going up for the world to see. lol

Ange you look fab in your pic! I am definitely going to get some of her nappies too cute!

Mo slowly getting there! Too much looking at nappies than hunting sometimes! There are some hard ones on there! The extreme ones are super hard! How many have you found? I have 26!

Kim So glad your feeling better! I cant find your icon anywhere You have hidden it well!

trish glad to help! How cute is K with the squealing! Hhehe!

Myles is starting to crawl! He gets up on his knees and rocks back and forth! He also kinda sat up today! Omg i am going to have a tiny bubba crawling around soon! Argh!

Brissy girls! Next Thursday the 6th! Where do you want to meet?

BBL xx

Trish - yep, I'm still around, just not had a lot to say. We also had our 4 month check up today... my chubba bubba is 7.45kgs and 65cm! She has put on 1200 grams since her 2 month check up and grown 6cm!

My fave thing to do with her is blow raspberries on her tummy and cheeks and wait for her to squeal in excitement

Hello to everyone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast