Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #21

Amber- I've found 20 so far, the extreme one are very hard so haven't found any yet.
    I Also can't find Kim's icon lol.
    Maddi does the same thing as Myles can't believe how quickly they're growing up.

Trish-My fav thing is play-time.

Evening all,
    I am feeling much better but a bit tired still. I think it has something to do with E waking me up every 40 mins last night. Not sure but I think he is hungry.

We decided that we are going to start solids on Saturday. E increased his formula feeds by 60 mls today! He is getting fussy before a feed too so I think he needs more. I would start tomorrow but hubby wants to be home to expereince his first feed so it will have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully he will start sleeping through now.

Not much else to say. Have a great night all.

Is my icon that hard to find?? i thought it was easy....lol. Some one on the hint forum said it was 'easyish'. But its going on a move tonight!

My favourite thing with Jasmine is when we are home alone and can cuddle up in bed together and we 'talk'.

Heya girls!

Not much happening here, just plodding along happily (gee it's nice to be able to say that!!). Exciting news just to hand - L has settled to sleep all day today WITHOUT HIS DUMMY!! Pretty excited about that. He's always gone to sleep at sleep school without it but seemed to want it at home. I told myself I'd give it a real shot without it for a few days and see how he went...so far, so good! He's actually settled pretty well without it. Definitely no worse than he normally would. But early days yet, we'll see how he goes....I'd really love to get rid of it if I can.

Becky - how are you going with no dummy/wrap??

Trish - my favourite things would be bath/massage time, he starts smiling his little head off as soon as he sees the oil and you'll probably all think I'm nuts - but I love our night time feeds. He's so warm and snuggly and feeds so beautifully, I just sit there in the quiet of the night and think about how lucky I am and how totally worth all the hard times he is! Night feeds only happen for such a short time, so I'm enjoying this special time while I can. Not to say I wouldn't be thrilled if he slept through

OK - this GDUNH thingo. I registered but haven't started 'hunting' yet cause I really don't get what I'm supposed to do! Basically just visit sites that are sponsoring and look all over the place for the icons?? Is that right?

Evening all! Not a lot to say really except HI!!!
    Not a lot happening around here - oh except it looks like Caitlyn might have conjunctivitis! Yay day care!! Got some over the counter medication so hopefully that will help clear it up before it gets bad. Her eye is just a little weepy and she had a little bit of gunk in it this morning. Cleaned it up and it seemed fine but the lady at daycare suggested getting something over the counter for it.
    KimGlad you are feeling betterish. We did start Caitlyn on apples first and she liked them but then I did read somewhere to start them on vegies cause they might turn their noses up at veges later on. So we have now had corn, pumpkin and tonight - beans!! there isnt a huge selection at our woolworths here so I will definitely have to look into making my own pretty soon so that she does get a bit more variety.
    Fav thing- I can't decide on one thing! I love to talk with her, play with her, feed her, sleep with her, bath her. I LOVE picking her up from daycare at the end of the day cause she is always soooo happy to see me (oh am getting teary just thinking about it!!!)
    Oh had better go and start helping DH with dinner!
    night all! mwah

becky Guest

Hey all

Not a lot new here. Had another crappy night last night. (Although I guess slightly better than the night before). Chels woke up about 9 times. Fairly easy to settle but I had to give her a bottle at one stage - think it was about 3am?? Dunno.

I havent been going to well with the no wrap and dummy thing! She just wont do it! She can fall asleep easy enough in the daytime with just a dummy (no wrap) but she has to be super tired, and then she'll only sleep for about half hour or so. I got lazy today and just thought, stuff it, Im wrapping her. Her afternoon sleep she slept for 2 and a half hours! So I dont know what to do ..... ***SIGHS***

Liam and Chelsea both have colds at the moment. Dont seem to be bothering them too much but their poor little noses wont stop running!

Hope everyone else has a great night!!

Willow-That is pretty much it, some of the sites have mini hunt's with clue's to make it easier to find.
    I'm convinced some of the sponsor's don't have the icon on their site lol.

Becky-Hope tonight is better

Hi all

Not so busy day today, but still had to go out and about. L and I had a 2 hour nap this afternoon which was really nice. We both slept in my bed and the dogs were on the floor beside us. It was so nice. L doesn't sleep in our bed often, but when he does I would have to say that is one of my favourite things.

I also love his bath time. He loves to splash about and kick. Water goes everywhere but he has the time of his life. It is so much fun to be part of.

Amber - did you mean Thursday 13/3? I would prefer Garden City or Indro but it depends on who is coming on where is central for everyone.
    Becky - hope tonight is better for you. Was up to L 3 times overnight so can only imagine how exhausting 9 times would be. Also having a cold wouldn't have helped.
    Nickers - a second tooth! WTG Ty!
    Rebecca - hope Miss C's eye gets better soon.
    Willow - sounds like L has turned a corner with his sleeping
    Alz - DH says he's going to video tape L's first time eating food.
    I can't believe some people out there would give bub's food without the parents knowing. I would be piffed off not only because the food may not be appropriate, but also isn't it the parents right to feed their child first?? L was watching me eat toast this morning and was reaching for it. Was so tempted to offer him some but know that DH so wants to be there when he does eat solids for the first time.

I took L for his shots on Monday and the GP also did a bit of a health check (weight, HC, length etc). I am wondering if I should also go to the MCHN. GP didn't talk to me about starting solids yet. Thinking maybe I should. Don't know...

Tried out the in car bottle warmer. It took about 30mins or so to warm it enough.

I think we all deserve a big pat on the back. Our bubs are doing so well in terms of their weight gain, their development and general well being. Well done Mummies!

Finally found Kim's icon

Morning all,
    I hope you all had a great night. We had another interesting one. Instead of waking every 40 min E woke up every 2 hours. That is better but not quite what I would like. Oh well.

Not much else to say today. I am feeling so tired and a bit anti-social. Might go back to bed soon.

Have a great day all!!!!!

Mo Argh still cant find kims icon!!!!! I nearly have 30 now though woo hoo! The extreme ones are too hard! I have one I think! But Some pages I have gone over and over checking every page and nothing! Sneaky sneaky people!

Rebecca hope Caitylns eye gets better! Poor bubba

Nerida yeah I meant the 13th! My brain isnt working so well on such little sleep! I think Garden city is pretty close for most of now! I know kate has just moved to the south side but I don't mind going to indro!

Alz hope you get some better sleep tonight!

Becky hope your bubbas get better soon!

Willow as mo said you just have to look for the icon some are hidden really well others are a bit easier! Good on your lil man to settle without a dummy!

Trish fav thing is bath time too! Its an instant calmer! He is beginning to splash which is cute! I also love feeding him! I love being that close to him and having that contact and knowing I am keeping him alive!

Sorry if i missed anyone

Well off to hunt some more icons! Myles slept a bit better last night but still up a couple of times! Have to get him weighed tomorrow cause we missed monday... wonder if he has cracked 7.5kgs yet?

Have a great day x

wow Myles might be crawling by 6months! what an eager beaver. love your avater pic btw.
    sorry for all those having sleeping difficulties. Tyron really is my super baby, he'ssuch a placid boy. Im having more troubles with Nixon. he is just getting into everything and constantly trashing the house. He has learnt if i am on the phone he can do something and get away with it because i dont like to go mad while on the phone.
    and he continues to throw food everywhere every meal time. he wont let you try to feed him but when he has had enough he has to squish it all up and throw it. its driving my bonkers. Claire im terribly sorry about Nixon's mess making yesterday

going to a wedding tomorrow! tonight i am getting a spray tan, some waxing and tinting. Hair dressers in the morning and bought a new dress for the occasion, im going all out! ok so DH ex girlfriend is in the bridal party so i gotta look my best but still just excited about doing something adult!!

ok gotta start cleaning this disgusting house

hello all

about making own baby food. yep. i even pureed some sweet potato last night and froze it in my baby cubes (from Big W $11).

solids (baby rice) has made all the difference to the hungry boy and he is already sleeping much better. with the blessing of the nurse, we'll start some real food next week. ooooh.

this morning was weird - the little rooster woke up at 5am *ping* not going back to sleep no matter what i tried. bah!

what do you do when they've got a full tummy, not wet, but just not interested in going back to sleep?

Morning all!

Feeling really great this morning. Might have something to do with only getting up to L once overnight and that was just a dummy check. He went down at about 11 and was up just before 7.30. We loaded him up on EBM and formula at his last feed so maybe that kept him going. Anyway, will try this again tonight. Sorry to brag for those of you that had a bad night.

Viv - how are you going? Don't know how to successfully put a baby down that won't sleep. I usually just endure it knowing eventually he will go to sleep. Great that he is taking to food so well.
    Amber - I'll go along with what's convenient for everyone.
    Nickers - your day of pampering sounds really nice. Enjoy the wedding.

Anyway, he has just gone down for a sleep so better get on and do some stuff

BBL

saffi - i came out from under the cloud and am miraculously totally ok with it all. in all honesty, i'm blaming PMS. looks like it took on a new form.

james has got the 'luteal phase' breast fussing again. nature must make them despise the thought of another egg coming out and making competition for the bewbies. meanwhile, he threatens to whip my nip off!

Afternoon all!

I went and checked out the Ergo carriers today and tried one on with K. It felt fantastic! No more shoulder pain hooray! I am going to order one online, but now I am torn as to what colour to get!! I think I'll get a black one so that it would be easy to resell when I'm done (always thinking ). But then I don't know what colour liner, I love the retro green one, but would it date? Sorry, just rambling my thoughts to you all!!

Viv - Glad to hear J is sleeping better on solids. Does he sleep better o'night or during the day now or both? I'm going to start K tomorrow and I'm hoping his nights improve.

Saffi
    - Yay for L having a good night! You feel so much better with unbroken sleep.

Nic - Joel used to trash our house too, it was soooo frustrating! Have fun at the wedding tomorrow, I'm sure you will look gorgeous.

Amber - I'm glad Myles slept a bit better for you last night. I hope he continues to improve for you!

Rebecca - I hope Caitlyn's conjunctivits is all cleared up today. It's yucky isn't it.

Willow - O'night feeds are nice like that aren't they! Even though it sucks having to get up, it is so nice having those sleepy snuggles together.

Anyhoo, better go put Joel to bed for his arvo nap! Have a great day everyone

becky Guest

Hey all

Woot! Looks like my bubba might be back to normal. Went to sleep at 8 last night. Woke up at 9.30 for a dummy and re-wrap, then didnt hear from her until 5am. Gave her a bottle and back to sleep til 8.30. YAY!! All 3 of us have bad colds now.

I am actually child free for a few hours!!!! I am at home waiting for 2 Telstra guys and a pest man to come. I thought that no sooner would I put both the kids down for a sleep and they would turn up, so Mum offered to have them for a few hours. (She's never had 2 of them at once before.... we'll see......) Anyway, I just dont now what to do with myself! Just rlaxing around. It is nice for a change (although I miss them!)

We tried Chels on solids a few nights ago (farex). She ate it pretty well, although had a bit of trouble learning that she actually had to open her mouth for the spoon. Preferred to play with it. Anyway will try and just give her a bit at her dinner feed for the next few weeks. Last night she was really good and ate the whole bowl I made her!

Brissy girls - Im easy, anythings good with me. Amber hav you heard from Kate (she hasnt been on for a while), will she be coming too?

Nickers - Enjoy the wedding! I hope you have a great time!

Saffi - Glad you had a better night! Makes all the difference hey??

Ok, Im off to have a relax and make the most of it. BBL!

Well....Little Miss C's eye is ok today. When we got up this morning she had a tiny tiny bit of yellow gunk in the corner...I rang the daycare ladies and they said that was fine to bring her in. I took some ointment in with her just in case. Thanks for all the well wishing. I honestly don't think it was conjunctivitis though cause her eye wasnt red or weepy. I think she just got a bit of pumpkin in it when we were having a feed and it irritated her eye. But better to be safe than sorry!
    Anyway - we had a great night last night. Down at 630 up at 330. I think she only woke then because I went in at 315 to make sure she was still breathing. I think solids is making all the difference!! Just hope it continues while Wayne is away next week (eek!!!)
    Oh had better get some work done. Hope you are all having a great day.
    mwah

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast