Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #21

*Sigh*

So much for turning a corner. DS has had pretty crappy sleeps today and has been so hard to settle. Didn't have a sleep at all this morning because he just wouldn't settle - dunno what's going on but I hope it passes. How does he go from being almost perfect all week to carp again in 24 hours flat??

"The neverending stoooooorrryyyy...."

becky Guest

"Fruit salad............. Yummy yummy..............
    Fruit salad............. Yummy yummy,

Fruit salad ................ yummy yummy...............

Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, fruit sa - laaaa-aaadd....."

Any ideas what Ive been doing....... again................ (Damn you wiggles!!!!)

becky Guest

Claire Guest

Viv - Yep he did have the oral vaccine a few weeks ago! Hmm could be that - can't for the life of me remember if it was around before that?!

Ergo - I want one!!! I've got 3 carriers and none of them are any good at back carrying and Harry is really ready for it.

Feeding to sleep - I do it for at least one day sleep and always for the night sleep with both of my two. Harry has just come out the other end of about a week of feeding to sleep, every sleep. I think sometimes they just need it - too much stimulation. Mostly I try to catch his tired signs early and put him to bed - takes longer to get him to sleep but the feeding assocation isn't there (she says whilst typing with one hand because Harry is comfort feeding in his sleep). No rod for my back here but my girlfriend was beside herself until she weaned her girl at 2 years - fed her to sleep all the time and her DD's sleep pattern was awful. All you can do is your best!

Becky you scared me I've been having probs with a girl called Rebecca and her bf and thought it may have been her seeing if I'd add a different MSN email because I have her blocked on MSN but told her I hadn't I just havent been online to avoid her LOL. Yay is fruit salad becky

feeding to sleep - never used to do it at all but with mr j's frequency issues this week it has necessarily happened. if he does a 2 or 3 hour activity stint he is likely to be too interested in burrowing around my chest than going to bed.

the irony of all of this is that it's ok to dreamfeed (and sometimes twice night) yet you can't do the equivalent in the day. a lot of 'rod for your back' advice seems contradictory.

james will probably feed to sleep once maybe twice at the moment. sometimes he'll stir briefly and rearrange his person in the cot, other times he's out cold. happy babies is what matters.

my sister (queen bf of the universe) breastfed all 4 of hers to sleep and they're all fine. no dramas. big strapping teenage lads now. she said it was mostly great but a little harder in some ways. overall she managed. james just picks and chooses when he's going to follow his routine or not. monkey.

OK, this might sound really dumb, but I don't get what 'feeding to sleep' means - does it mean feeding the baby until it falls asleep on the boob and then putting them to bed, still sleeping? OR does it mean feeding them, but they stay awake, and then you put them to bed and they fall asleep? If it's the latter, then yep, I've definitely done it. More so with DS than DD I think (listened more to the 'rod backers' first time around).

Question of the day: For those no longer wrapping - did you wean or cold turkey it??

true feeding to sleep is where they're out cold. otherwise if they wake a little and then go to the cot, it's still technically self-settling.

as for wrapping - i started wrapping him from underarms down as a signal that it was sleep time. then gradually he lost interest and kicked his way out before i could even start with the settling part. long suits made a difference. if his feet are enclosed he definitely settles more happily.

It was sooooo hot at Moomba, glad we got there early & grabbed a shady spot with table & chairs.
    I dressed Maddi in her Gad pocket & a singlet, all the mums were saying she looked very cute

Willow i did it cold turkey Maddi was never a fan of wrapping. She's a tummy sleeper so it's no good wrapping her anyway.

Celtic you can add some apple to the farex for flavour Maddi hated plain farex.

Kellie yay for Tahlia rolling.

Evening all!

I am soooo tired. Had a pretty ordinary night with K and he took about 40 minutes to settle for two of his day naps today . He normally only takes a few minutes. I also cleaned out our garage and it was hot today so I am looking forward to going to bed!

K seems to be reacting to the Farex, not only has he been unsettled, but he came out in a little rash under his bottom lip after the nap after his feed. I rang the MCHN line and she said to give him a break from the cereal for a day or two until the rash clears up and then just give him one teaspoon and see how he goes. Such a pain!!

Mo - Glad you had a good time at Moomba! Well done for finding a shady spot!!

Viv - If you want to feed James to sleep sometimes, then just do it! There is so much pressure to do all the "right things", but sometimes it just doesn't work for you and your bub.

Willow - How come our boys do everything in unison? Sorry L is giving you a tough time today. I sympathise!

Kellie - I've heard you can feed your bub in an Ergo too, but I have no idea how easy that would be! Have you tried one on yet? I can't wait until they arrive so I can try one out!!

Celtic - Ryan sounds like such a dream baby!

Alz - Hope you have a better night with Ethan tonight.

Nic - Glad you had a great time at the wedding, it must have been so nice to do something non-mum related! Checked out your photos on FB (I'm guessing that means you found your camera?) and you looked gorgeous! *wolf whistles*

Hi to everyone else, have a great night!

I added a small amount of Farex with water into the apple and he loved it was chomping like a trooper without problem.

The last week Ryan has been back to his end of day tantrum before bed but if I give him an extra 60mls of formula he will burp and go straight to sleep without a tear. One of my friends said it's bad to 'snack feed' but he still has the rest of his food and it helps him sleep without the stress for both of us and he seems to wake up happier if he's gone to sleep peacefully to begin with.. might just be my imagination..

Willow- Ryan would go mental if he was wrapped he needed to be free and flaying arms in all directions he'd go bright red and wriggle madly till he was free and then would fall asleep so never bothered to wrap even those bags you can get he kicks and wriggles in them till he can stick a foot out the little slit for air they have at the bottom then falls asleep lol.

Anyways I'm off to have some quality time with DP it's so good he's working 10minutes from home and got a payrise with petrol costs has made life so stress free and he comes home and plays with Ryan every afternoon I love his laugh it's so halarious

How come our boys do everything in unison?
    Trish - I don't know, but as soon as I read your post I had a chuckle!! We've got a pair of little turkeys we do!! LOL. Was going to PM you to ask how K was doing with his Farex, but you've just answered me! Bugger hey. I was thinking about starting L next week, he's gone off his 8/9am feed, he hardly takes anything and is really fussy so thought this would be a good time to try him on some solids. Might hold off a bit though. I checked out your online store today - it's great! Wish I lived close so I could buy some stuff off you!

Mo - what's Moomba?? I checked out the Gad pockets - they look kinda hairy?? LOL!

Viv - OK then, I couldn't feed to sleep if I tried cause neither of mine ever fell asleep on the boob. L kinda does sometimes but only during his nighttime feeds and he's not out cold, just very sleepy. If it works - do it!

Just had a thought....I ate a whole chocolate bunny last night (I know, I know, what a an oinker and it's not even easter yet...) wondering if L is paying for it today....usually a bit is OK but this was a fair downing of chocolate!

I think I've just gotta make up my mind about wrapping and go for it! I really do need to start unwrapping him because he's rolling so much. Think I'll try to be consistent with one arm out first and gradually wean him. I've had to use his dummy today cause he's been so unsettled so that doesn't work well with flapping arms.

Here's hoping for some sleep tonight ladies....
    Last edited by Willow; March 9th, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

[email protected] Willow, I was just swallowing my last piece of white chocolate when I read your comment about your Easter bunny! I had *ahem* two whole rows! Oh no, please don't let me pay for it tonight Thanks for checking out my store! If you ever need anything make sure you let me know . I'm going to be getting a new logo shortly so hopefully the site will look a bit more spesh!

Willow Moomba is a water festival it also has rides, live entertainment etc..
    That's why i love the Gad pockets, all the non minky/hairy nappies look so boring compared to them lol.

Trish shame K had a reaction to the farex, hope it was just a one off thing.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Hi everyone

Well it's official. I'm getting Max off the boobie juice! I have thought and thought about it and just decided that it will make me happier to feel a bit more free...and lets face it...a happy mum/wife means a happy life!

So last night I had an engagement party to go to and my mum minded Max. She had to give him formula and he downed it like it was the best stuff ever. No fussing or anything...YAY!

Going to do it VERY slowly!

Have to go!!

G'night all

Good morning all,
    Woohoo what a night. I spoke to a lady I know who is a trasillian nurse yesterday as dh and I are despereate for some sleep (after 2 weeks of no sleep). She told me to start wrapping again and let Ethan cry a little more. If he is really distressed go in but if he is just whinging he doesn't need me. Also if he wakes between 5 and 5.30 and wont re-settle feed him and put him straight back to bed.

So last night we wrapped him and put him to bed. He was a little restless at 9.30, had a late night feed at 10.30 and then slept till 5.20am!!!! Yay but here is the great news. I fed him at 5.40 put him back to bed and he is still asleep at 8.39!! He must have been really tired. I know this will muck up his routine for the rest of the day but hey I got some peace this morning. Am starting to wonder if I should wake him or just wait till he wakes. Yay for trasillian!!!!!

Morning all

Getting sick of this up and down all night. Last night it was 2am, 4am, and5.30! Did a BF at 4am, but given my supply issues probably not enough for him. Thinking I might just express and give him the BM that way. Most times he only has a few sucks on the boob and then screams.

Julia - can totally relate to how you feel about BF. You have done really well getting him to 5 months and by the time you wean might be closer to 6 months.
    Alz - good to hear that E had a good night sleep. Sometimes going back to basics is all they need.
    Trish - might have to look at the Ergo too. DH tried on our carrier over the weekend and it just didn't fit him well. Despite adjusting it L was sitting down by DH's waist. That means that I have to carry him.

Also thinking about introducing solids. L seems to be feeding all the time. As an eg. he had 200mls of F at 7.30am and has just polished off another 100mls of EBM at 9am. I did the calc and he is suppossed to be having around 195mls per feed if do 5 feeds per day.

Sorry for the selfish post.

BBL

minimax - that's amazing about the formula. what brand was it? i will be interested to see if Max is as amenable to taking formula from you when he knows the milk taps are right there.

i was so dangling on the formula precipice last week. miraculously my supply has jumped right back up again (like they said it would) and he is not at me 11 times a day. they're engorged for the first time in ages. seems babies know what to do. i swear he sucked me dry on thursday and friday. by saturday we were back in business.

after the pumpkin fiasco, i'm glad the milk is enough, so i don't have to put him (or me) through that again.

sleep was good - he did 7pm -12 then 12-5pm. there's a lot to be said for tanking them up duriing the day.

alz - glad you worked out the sleep/wrap dilemma.

trish - i had a bit of a job settling mr cheeky this morning too... he just whinged and whinged...

hello everyone else... i have MIL and FIL coming round today to help me out while i go get my stitches out. i shouldn't say it, but man, MIL ****s me. no matter how i approach her she still has an insinuating tone, most of the time. gah.

"those stitches really do need to come out, dear". like... [email protected] duh!!! DH says she's intimidated by me. she likes to assert her authoritah in her area of expertise i.e. housewifery. she knows i'm no martha stewart, but at least i don't go into a cold sweat when i see a USB drive.

siiiigh.

she loves to make a point of folding all my laundry when she's minding the boy, as if to say... 'see, iiiii can do it... why can't yooooou'.

yeah i'm bitter.

whatever.

meh. i'll get there in my own time.

i have a white chocolate lindt bunny on the fridge, what would hapen if a nasty misfortune befell its ears?? (miraculously looking like teeth marks(

i gotta go, i'm getting out of hand.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast