Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

trish - i didn't know it was a painkiller as well. that's pretty amazing. babies know stuff don't they?

in other news... little man is sleeping... like... for nearly two hours. i'm guessing it's the formula. oh man, i'm a convert.

i know i'm kinda hooked on the oxytocin hit we both get from BF but i'm also loving the sanity of him having proper day sleeps again. wooo. might be too soon to party but it's looking good.

Afternoon all!
    Trish-No I still can't get onto BB at home....and I was on the phone to Telstra for AGES trying to figure out the problem but they say there is nothing wrong - so what they say goes I guess. Am looking at changing plans shortly I think - dont seem to be using the same amount as i used to.
    Now for my good, no great, no FANTASTIC news. Little miss C went to bed at 645 last night and woke up at *drum roll please*................615 this morning!!!!! Not even a dummy spit wake up!! Nothing at all. So DH is under the impression that we will be DTD tonight....might give in this once!! He does go away for another week on Sunday
    Anyway went to Woolies this morning cause they were having a special on jars of baby food - 79 c a jar and I bought quite a few different ones to try. She is going great guns on her solids.
    And last night I was drying her off on our bed after her bath and I was singing to her and all of a sudden the little bugger blew a raspberry at me! Didnt think my singing was THAT bad...actually yes I did! I think she was as surprised as I was! Took heaps of footage on the video camera and my phone camera and have been mmsing it to all my friends. Its soooo cute!! Cheeky little thing!
    Am at wrk late today so my housework wont get done at all today - was supposed to get implanon put in today but the chemist didnt have one but won't go into that!!
    Anyway - will check in again later - have a great day everyone. mwah

Amber - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time away. Don't worry, you're not alone on the bad night sleeps! Poor Myles, I'm glad he is OK after his fall. It's a horrible feeling isn't it? Unfortunately accidents happen sometimes.

Mo - I plan to BF K as long as possible. We are both happy with our BF'ing relationship so I will keep at it. I gave up with Joel because we were both miserable and it just wasn't worth the stress. I think I had a pretty bad supply back then because of my low iron levels and exhaustion. Maddi has good taste, I love avocados too!

Viv
    - My paediactric chiro is the one who told me about the pain relief, our bodies are so clever. That's great J is having a big day sleep! K just did a two hour nap, the first time in DAYS!!! He has only been having 40-50 minute naps and waking up really cranky, but just won't resettle. Not sure what was different this time, must be something in the air!

ETA - Rebecca - Woohoo for C's huge sleep!!! Can't blame you for being excited!!!

Trish that's great you & K have great thing going.
    I'm going to book M into have some pics taken so i was browsing their website looking for their number when i realized they have some of Maddi's newborn pics up there.(studio3 melbourne under collages/specials)
    I love her newborn pics.

Rebecca yay for C's big sleep.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; March 28th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Hey girls, been a bit MIA this week, having massive probs getting on and even when I can, takes aaaaages for the pages to load then they drop out a lot of the time, not sure what the go is.

Latest news with us....another trip to the hospital last night I swear if our local hossy had a frequent flyer program we'd be jetting off to Fiji next week!

Story goes...Had DD and L in the bath. DD was having a paddy and wanted her daddy so DH and i were both in there bathing them. We'd run out of baby bath stuff so DH asked me what to use. I told him nothing on L but DD could have a bit of my body wash, she's used it heaps of times before, no drama. So DH grabs the pump pack, it squrits in the total opposite direction and lands RIGHT IN L'S EYE!! A big huge blob of it. So he gets really upset, mad panic to flush it all out. I got him out of the bath and gave him a big cuddle but within minutes his eye, nose and top lip had swollen up and he broke out in a rash all over his face - CARP!!

So off we go to the after hours clinic. By the time we actually got in to see the dr the swelling in his nose and lip had gone and the rash was almost gone but his poor little eye.... They did a few saline flushes, checked his eye out, no burning, cornea clear (thank god). So they told us to watch him overnight and if the swelling or rash returned to take him straight to ER. If his eye was still irritated and swollen this morning, to take him to our GP.

Eye still irritated and swollen so back to GP today. Total moron who tells me he has conjunctivitis, probably had it before the body wash freaked his eye out, and that the body wash freak out was just coincidence - W...T...F??? Hello, his eye was perfectly healthy before that happened??!!

Anyway, been squirting breastmilk in it (it truly is amazing stuff ) and got some ointment and eye drops for him too.

Poor little bugger has seen more trips to the drs and hospital in 4.5 months than his sister has in 3 years!

Other than that, we're still rockin' on. Sleeping good, feeding good (still having night feeds).

Breastfeeding - I'm a massive fan, card carrying member of the ABA and not planning on stopping till the little man weans himself. Fed DD for 16 months and in it for the long haul this time.

BBL for personals, so tired after last night/today. Hope everyone gets enough sleep tonight!!
    Last edited by Willow; March 28th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

Hi girls!

Mind if I join in?? I had my son Ryan October 13th 2007. Things have been going really well. He has his two bottom teeth early. He used to be a really good sleeper, sleeping 8-9 hours straight at night. In the past 4 weeks he has started waking every 3 hours at night. Anyone else have this?

Willow how scary, Glad L is ok.
    I swear some doctor's just don't listen to what your saying.

Welcome Francesca, I'm Mo

We brought M one of those newborn to toddler rockers it was the last one they had she we got it for $40 cheaper.
    So far M loves it, it's really handy having a rocker again she sleeping in it now.
    It's sooooo cold here lately, i hate getting out of my warm bed lol.

hi francesca. welcome

yes i have the frequent waking. last night he was not comfortable or happy for 2 hours after i resettled. every 20 mins he'd ping me. and yes, every 3 hours otherwise.

trish - i totally respect your decision to see a paed chiro, it just concerns me that he is 'usually' worse, if only for a day. to my mind, a treatment should make you feel better. my main issue with neck manipulations is the risk, especially to a little neck of someone who can't consent. i'm not hacking at you coz i know my best friend goes and takes bub too. some swear by it, personally it scares me, not only for the not insignificant risk of stroke attached to neck manipulation. i hope your chiro is reallly good to entrust K's neck to him/her.

has anyone here tried camomila for teething pain/restlessness?

Morning everyone,

I am in a living hell atm! Not only is K waking all night and grumpy during the day, not only have we come down with colds again, but DH came home from work last night not feeling great and ended up on the loo and vomiting all night! We think he has food poisoning from some calamari rings he had for lunch. I hope it's not gastro, I don't think I could take it if we all caught that too!! Gahhh...I was counting on him to watch Joel today so I could get some naps in to catch up on lost sleep. Now DH is fast asleep in bed, sick as a dog . Can it get any worse??? I shouldn't ask should I LOL! Luckily my sister has come and taken Joel to play with her DS, such a big help!

Willow - How scary, poor L and you! I hope he's OK today.

Welcome Francesca! I look forward to getting to know you and Ryan.

Mo - What brand rocker did you buy? It's great if you can get one that will last until she is a toddler.

Viv - Yep I know what you mean about the chiro. I took him to see a different one in the same practice because mine is away and he seemed quite rough and didn't explain to me what he was about to do. My usual guy is quite gentle and explains everything. K never normally showing signs of pain afterwards, just a little unsettled the next day occasionally (but not the last few visits), but then he becomes great. I'm taking him to see our usual chiro on Tuesday and I will complain about the other chiro.

Have a great day everyone!

Trish you are coping so well, i admire your strength.
    We ended up buying a fisher-price one

Morning everyone

Well, DH is back from O/S and can I say I think I had a good time without him around. Max was so settled and relaxed....Dad might make him a bit over excited me thinks! I am happy to have him home though....so I can talk to another adult again and not just via cyberspace!

Viv Yep the Nan HA is the one I used Glad to hear J is loving it....You still a bit undecided on the BF thing? I also think you are onto something re the chiro. It scares me too. Not saying that those who do it shouldn't, I just don't like the thought myself!

Trish You poor love, lets hope that you guys all get better REALLY soon and K starts sleeping again, and your world becomes totally fantazmo! The carpola has been going on too long for you.

Francesca Welcome to the group! You will find if you read back far enough that we have all mostly been having troubles with sleep etc lately. You can 'kinda' blame the teeth I guess though. I think Max is getting some which explains his freaky sleeping, but none have busted through the gums yet.

QUESTION What does everyone think of paid maternity leave??? My opinion is that it could be detrimental to those women out there with 'careers' (ie Lawyers, Accountants etc not just PA's like me (dime a dozen)) who will compete for jobs with Men. The interview questions will start to contain more..... 'so, when are you planning on having babies'....any time soon and no jobbie for you! It would be nice to have some extra money, but am not sure if it will work well.

Morning all.

Mo- Raven lives in Pakenham. She is lovely, lovely, lovely and has a great MCN stash! Pakenham is nice. I can show you some nappies if we meet up sometime......

Finger food- Lu chews on a rusk now, not game to give her anything else though. She has most fruit and veg now. Also baby porriage.

Viv- Had a paediatric dietician come and talk to mothers group mums. Once J has been on food for a month or so you can start introducing meat and that baby pasta. Will help him stay full for longer....... Am going to start Lu next week on a bit of meat and got some Bellamys baby rice pasta. Hopefully will keep her full for longer overnight. Did you check out the goats milk formula? might please DH more...... closer in structure to human milk, etc .etc.

Car seat still backwards, She is only 6.9kg, weight gain slowed down now she is more active.

Was carving up the dance floor at a wedding with Lu at 12.00 last night. People must have thought i was a shocking mum! She woke up from a sleep and wouldn't go back to sleep as there was too much going on, so i got her up for a dance. She slept well when we got home and this morning, maybe i should crank the tunes and dance with her every night.

MIL driving me a little crazy, but coping ok so far!

Hi Francesca. :wave: yeah my girl was sleeping 10-12 hrs most nights, now she wakes once or twice. Sux!

Trish - we use Infants Friend a fair bit... I've given it to Tahlia when she is curling her legs with wind pain, and it always gets rid of the pain... about 30 mins after the dose you her a large explosion sound from the nappy area! It also seems to be calming her when she is really grizzly too, which I think might be the teething. I dont think its completely natural, but fairly close. I know they have a website if you want to read up on it

Rebecca - what a great sleep Caitlyn had for you!

Willow - poor little L! Hope his eye is feeling better today

Francesca - Welcome! This is a great group of girls, you'll have heaps of good conversations with us

Viv - when you say camomila, what do you mean? Camomile tea?

Sorry for not doing this sooner - I have been incredibly busy.

Here is the new thread - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-23-a.html

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011