Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

Default Babies Born October 2007 #22

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Woohoo, I'm the first!!

Now that I got in first, can go on with my post LOL

Trish - I'm glad you posted heaps last night. I have been going through much the same, so by you and other discussing it I got some ideas on how to deal with L.

So last night did a dream feed at about 11pm. That lasted us to 3.30am where I did a BF. However, he needed a top up at 4am and gave him 60mls of formula and 20mls of EBM. That kept him going to 6.30am. Certainly better than the previous 2 nights.

Have now upped his FF to 250mls. He drank about 200mls of it in 2 sittings and has now gone down for his morning sleep.

Going to ring around the daycare centres today to reconfirm our waitlist.

BBL

Well we are headed to the pharmacy this afternoon to buy a humidifier. The air is too dry for little miss C. It is too hot to have the windows open - not to mention the dust! so the ac needs to be on and it really dries the air! Doesnt give her little nose much of a chance. I have elevated the bed head and we steam every few hours and use the nose drops at the same time as her eye drops so hopefully a humidifier over night will help her a bit more. I do the drops at the same time cause I dont want to upset her anymore than she already is. She knows its coming too when I bring out the cotton wool to wipe her eyes and she cries - doesnt help the drops too much but sure gets her breathing through her nose so put the drops in so it can soften everything up!
    she is sleeping now - time for a long one thank goodness - 25 mins is just not enough for me to do things!
    Oh has anyone heard of the lolcats??? Its a website with some REALLy funny pictures! I have been browsing through and have been laughing (silently) for about half an hour - tears are running down my face - might only work with animal lovers though!
    Hope everyone is having a good day - very quiet in here!
    mwah

i has cheezburger?

I like Thriller Kitteh.
    It's a very cute site with some very funny pics

Afternoon all,
    I am sooooo tired. Ethan did well last night. Woke up at 3.30 because he felt sick. Picked him up, huge burp followed by quite a lot of chucking. The weird thing was that it was clear (puzzled??????). I changed him and his sheets and he went back to sleep until 6. He still seems a bit off colour. Been sneezing and coughing a bit today so I think he is getting a cold.

Hopefully he will have a good long sleep this afternoon so I can do the cleaning. This house is depressing me. Oh well.

Have a great arvo everyone.

Viv and Mo - thats the one!!! I have been killing myself laughing!! Its just the thing I need to pick me up after the crap day I had yesterday, the crap night I had last night and the crap day I am having so far!!!
    Alz- Housework??? Whats that?? I havent been able to do any since DH left! Of course I have done the dishes and I liek to keep the kitchen really clean - thats where I prepare miss C's food - oh and mine too of course - so I dont like that to be even a little messy.
    got my vaporiser/humidifier thingy - plugged it in to give it a go. Waiting for it to heat up! Wonder if I can leave it in her room with her tonight??? Anybody???
    mwah

Rebecca i don't see why not, as long as it doesn't get to humid in there.

Ahh Ha.. Lolcats...Pew Pew Pew

Love it

LizzysMum Guest

We have a vaporiser, not sure if that is the same as a humidifier? But I leave it on all night but you need ventilation, i,e, door or window as it does get a bit damp on the walls etc if you don't.

Ours has an auto cut off if it runs dry of water. HTH

No more news here really. Amara is 5 months TODAY!!! It has gone super fast.

Re: rice cereal we will also be using the Bellamy's first. Eliza never ste it though and we moved straight to pumpkin and then apple I think. Although she didn't really eat until about 8 months old.

Catch ya,

rallybbek Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Toby has started at childcare wile i am at uni, he seems fine, but I am having guilt trips about it all! He has had to be there a whole day once, but I went and feed him halfway during teh day. I am still fully breastfeeding him, he refuses formula at all.
    Hope you are well,
    Bec

Evening everyone!

Still feeling [email protected] today, got a sore throat and sinus . K has had some great sleeps though! Thanks again everyone for letting me come and vent yesterday! I'm feeling optimistic again today, I was just having a flat one yesterday.

I started the biz up officially again yesterday and have had lots of calls and two people came in today to sell me stuff so it's in full swing. I've taken some photos of my latest stock, now I've just gotta get of my backside and put it on the site! It feels good to get back into it again.

Mo - I tried that organic rice cereal you told me about today. K loved it, but still came out with a rash under his bottom lip. I'm not sure if it's the cereal or the spoon now!

Rebecca - Had a quick look at that site, so funny! I loved the hover cat lol! Hope the humidifier works for you.

Alz - I hope Ethan feels better soon the poor sausage.

Saffi - I'm glad my ramblings helped someone lol! It's nice to know that others understand what your going through isn't it? I'm so jealous about your holiday, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Nic - Thanks for thinking of me! K has three naps a day, his last one is around 4pm and lasts 40-60 mins. He wouldn't go the distance if I dropped that nap. His big sleep is in the middle of the day usually. I am still wrapping him, but he isn't unwrapping himself all the time (though he does sometimes). I'm not sure if he is too hot or cold, he seems OK. It just seems weird that he always wakes at 1am and 3am.

Willow - Hooray for having a great night last night! Here's to many more for you guys!!

Ange - I COMPLETELY forgot (until just now) about your resettling after 45 minutes question yesterday, I'm so sorry! I wish there was a magic answer. K always woke after 40 minutes and for ages wouldn't resettle. I just persevered in trying to get him to resettle by picking him up and rocking him (he hates being patted) and he has finally worked himself out and self settles. Occasionally he will still wake, but so far he will let me resettle him. Sorry I'm not much help!

Hope you all have a great nite

hi everyone
    hope everyone had a good day and will have a night full of sleep!

I went to a mums and bubs movie session today of definitely maybe with some of the girls from my mothers group.. it was a good day. I'm not looking forward to the next few days in Melbourne weather wise - 38 and 39! yuk! Got sleep school on Friday so I am really hoping they have air con where it is!

Think I might be getting a blocked duct.... who else has had one? What did you do to get rid of it apart from massaging? I really dont want mastistis!

Trish - still havent been to check out the ergos, but really want to! Have you got them in yet?

Kellie I have had a few blocked ducts...just do the massage thing and just feed until it comes out. Also, check your nipple for any little white bits. I had one once and I called ABA and it was a bit of skin covering the hole. I actually had to poke it with a pin (erk) but it allowed the milk to FLOW out Hope that helps.

Hi and bye everyone else....wishing everyone all GOOD things!

thanks Julia.. that definitely helps. How long do they normally take to go? When should I go to see the doc?

Kellie - The Ergos are meant to arrive tomorrow arvo, I can't wait! I've had a blocked duct a couple of times and I massaged it in the shower and while feeding K. You're meant to massage it in a circular motion from the top down to your nipple I think. Also when feeding, position Tahlia so her chin points towards the blocked duct, this may mean you may have to hold her football style. Apparently this helps to clear the duct too. Good luck!

ETA - It took a day or two for my blocked ducts to disappear. Go to the dr if you see any red spots on your breast or it feels hot.

Thanks Trish.... I havent fed Tahlia football hold since she was about 1 week old! She is too big!

BTW - meant to say, love the pic of K in the jolly jumper!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast