Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #22

Kellie love your ticker pic! Myles sucks on the ergo too and there is always slobber all over it! Our bubs are alike myles sleeps on his tummy sometimes too its so scary when you go in and they are on their tummies upside down!

Viv so glad james isnt"hurling" as much! Hope he sleeps better tonight!

Trish Sry you had abad night, hope tonight is better.

Amber have fun camping.

Kellie congrats on the ergo.

Viv glad J isn't as chucky anymore.

Kellie- lol at drool patch. Am impressed you can get the ergo on your back. I can never wrestle it on my own so still wear her on the front. i always put a facewasher on my cleavage now. The dribble down the grand canyon was too much to cope with. Not to mention the occasional spew.
    When Lu started rolling in her cot it freaked me out too. sometimes she sleeps face down. Until she could roll both ways i used to put rolled up towels at her hips running down her legs to stop her rolling. You can put them under the sheet if you like. I didn't bother, but having them there certainly let me sleep better.

Have fun camping Amber- we were supposed to be heading off too but DH has to work. Crap. Lu and i going down the coast tomorrow for the night instead.

Any of you QLD gals know a nice place to stay for a week in Mooloolaba?

No news here really.......Think i need knee pads for the girls red knees. Maybe we need more carpet. MAybe they'll just toughen up in their own time!

Night. Hope your night is better Trish.

Hi everyone,
    Had a great day today. Ethan slept for 2 hours this morning (without needing me to resettle) and about 2.5 hours late this afternoon. Only napped for 40 min in the middle of the day but we were out.

Had lunch with some friends and their bubs today which was great fun. I enjoyed watching all the bubs on the floor together. How cute.

E took an hour to settle tonight but am not complaining after his great day.

Did the groceries this afternoon and woolies was jam packed because of the public holiday tomorrow. It looks like people are stocking up for the 1 day that the shops are closed. Don't get it!!!

We are going away for the weekend up the mountains so it will be chilly but that is a great change from the extremely hot syd weather we have been having.

Have a great easter everyone. Will chat with you all when I get back.

Viv - Glad your toes are better. A pedicure sounds like heaven.

Kellie - Glad Tahlia loves the Ergo . I tried K out in his yesterday and it was wonderful. I laughed when I saw you can buy suck pads for them, I thought "just a sales thing", but the first thing K did when I put him in it was suck on the straps lol! Love Tahlia's ticker photo, so gorgeous!

Ange
    - Is Lu crawling fully on her knees now? I can't believe it if she is!!

Alz - Glad you had a great day. I sent my DH out to the shops this evening at 8:45pm for last minute stuff lol! It was too hard to take two sick boys out to the shops and DH didn't get home from work until 8:30pm. Have a lovely time up in the mountains

About to give K his dream feed, can't wait to go to bed!!!

Trish - what a terrible night! What is it with MIL's wanting to feed their grandchildren? Mine gave Teo a lolly snake to suck on while on hols in VIC - was not happy I can tell you! Poor little Joel! I hope you can catch up on a bit of sleep tonight.

Amber - have a great time camping and skiing!! And I would love for you to come to dance with me - that's be awesome! Perhaps when we can get our little critters off our boobs just for one feed it will be doable!!

Viv - Mateo is still waking for a feed anywhere between 3 and 5am. I don't think I will cut out that feed until he is on proper solids. I tried just settling him without feeding a couple nights in a row a while back but he just screamed until I fed him, so I figure he must be hungry! It doesn't bother me as he goes straight back to sleep anyway - it's only when he wakes for more than one feed that it becomes exhausting!

Ange - sounds like Lu is well and truly up and about! Clever girl! Mateo is trying really hard to get up on hands and knees but not quite there yet - mind you he's pretty good at getting around anyway - it's so cute watching them trying to get something- the pure determination!

Night all. xo

Ange - I definitely cant get it on my back either, I meant that its better on my back in that it doesn't hurt my back. I watched the dvd on how to put it on your back, but I reckon you need an extra arm!

Wow.... moving babies everywhere. Max is just a big fat BLOB!

Tyron as we speak is wriggline around the loungroom! he's not near crawling but just rolling and sliding around the place!
    i have been MIA for a few days i was desperatly searching for a particular cake tin for Nixon's birthday, it was driving me nuts and finally got one from U.s today so hope it gets shipped to me in time!
    i am now looking at another i might buy to have as a backup for just in case, then i can use it for another yr or for Tyron.
    Hope everyone has a great Easter! did u guys buy anything for bubs? I just got some bunny ears for him thats it??

nickers - i think you mentioned you were expressing 2 feeds a day. what was that like with engorgement etc? did you have any issues. just asking for when i start cutting the boy back. i would mind still doing night and morning but not sure if it will be a disaster.

LizzysMum Guest

Hi,

Trish & Ange - thanks for letting me know its not just us! She has been a bit better the last 2 nights. I have resisted giving her food yet, I would really like to wait until 6 months.

Trish - you poor love - hope Joel is better. MIL's mweh! Mine is 800 km away and that is not far enough!

Ange - Lu is moving OMG!!! Amara is still a slug LOL! I like the omage of a face washer down the cleavage - very chic DH's Pop lives in Mooloolaba but not sure you would like to stay with him rofl!

Rebecca - how did the no-wrapping go on Thursday?

Mo - love the pic in your ticker

Boomba & Willow - have fun away

Viv - glad to hear the diet has made some difference to the chucking. I noticed you mentioned cutting the boy back - are you going to some BF some bottle? Amara still won't take a bottle even with EBM. Not that I really need her to but thought I'd try.

Kellie - we also love our Ergo. I used it heaps with Eliza. I have not used it so much with Amara yet as I prefer the sling or Scootababy now, but as soon as I can get her on the back carry the Ergo will be the one!

alz - have fun! I also sent DH to the shops - I could not face it.

Star - WTG Mateo, so many clever moving babies....Amara is not even rolling yet.

Julia - as above...maybe Amara and Max were born on a non-moving day LOL!

Nic - hope to see a pic of the special cake! Nuh nothing for bubba, she will get her chocolate infused milk from me

Hope everyones Easter is going well. DH wen t and bought some choccie rabbits and proceeded to drop the bag when he walked in the kitchen so we now have a container of various chocolate pieces for easter!! Grrrrr. I am going tomorrow to buy Eliza another rabbit so she can actually see what it looks like.

We are having a few friends over tomorrow for a BBQ. 4 friends of mine I have known since Year 8 at High School. It is 20 years this year since we finished Year 12!!! OMG I am ancient.................

Night,

Happy Easter everyone!

I hope you all have a wonderful first easter with your bubs!

Eat lots of chocolate and enjoy your day

Happy Easter

Hope everyone has a great easter

Happy Easter everyone.

By the looks of it you are all too busy eating your Easter eggs to come in. Good to see.

Well back to reality after a wonderful week away. Now gots mountains of washing to do even tho did some while away. A mum's work is never done.

Vent time - went over to MIL for Easter lunch. She brought out a pack of rusks and proceeded to give L one. I didn't have the heart to tell her not too as he is too young to eat wheat and DH was annoyed as he wanted to videotape L's first solids. He seemed to enjoy it but didn't get a lot into his mouth so I won't count it as his first. Just annoyed that she goes ahead and does these things without even considering that we have a different opinion.

L is going to meet his great grandmother tomorrow for the first time.

anyone else got a wakeful monkey on their hands?

Hope everyone enjoyed their first Easter with their bubs.
    Didn't really do anything exciting here.

Off to get M weighed & measured tomorrow. Curious to see if she has cracked 8kg yet.

Viv-Yep

Morning all

Easter was pretty quiet for us. L got a bunny rabbit toy from his grandparents, but we the slack parents we are didn't get him anything.

I think I may have stumbled on the secret to sleeping through. Put L down as usual at 6pm and he woke at about 9. Instead of dreamfeeding him and putting him to bed I fed him, kept him awake until tired signs at 10.30 and then fed and put him down. Anyway he slept from then until 4.30am! Going to try this again tonight.

Viv - don't know if L is wakeful more than usual. He spent the last week with mega disruption to his sleep patterns so I think he is catching up.

BBL

Viv- didnt really have an issue when i cut to 2 expresses a day, i had more probs when i went from expressing every feed to breast feeding when he did it for 2 weeks. i just releived a little in between if i needed to and then within a few days it was right. but over time my supply got less and less, so when i stopped all together i never gt full breasts or anything.

hope you all had a nice day yesterday!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast